Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Willingly sinning, you hear this quite a lot!

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:00:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
it seems that God will forgive sin but not willingly sinning, well according to some, personally I believe he forgives all but the unpardonable sin...

Can someone define willingly sinning and why it is different??
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:17:37 AM
At 7/26/2015 7:00:03 AM, graceofgod wrote:
it seems that God will forgive sin but not willingly sinning, well according to some, personally I believe he forgives all but the unpardonable sin...

I think you mean wilfully sinning.

It differs because one is intentional and the other isn't.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:35:53 AM
Wrong doing like murder, stealing, lying, cheating on your partner and paedophilia, is of course always WRONG. However, there are things which some Christians would regard as 'sinful', which no decent person would regard as such, like homosexuality or sex before marriage in an adult consensual relationship.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 10:50:11 AM
I don't believe one can "sin" unwillingly. Because the "sin" happens in the heart, not by the action. The action is only the outward result of the sinful heart.

However, I suppose it's possible for one to commit a "sin", subconsciously. That is to think and feel selfishly or hatefully toward another without consciously realizing that they're doing it.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 12:57:10 PM
So called SIN is DENYING the KNOWN TRUTH, facts and evidence that is before us and within us.

I notice that it doesn't matter what religion, political beliefs, scientific beliefs and such that a person is programed with and follows as to the way that they view the HONEST TRUTH that CAN be known.

Such as the many that play games of chance and delude themselves into believing that they are going to BEAT the known odds with some magic, religious, scientific or other make believe and pretend means.

Those that won't grow up and be accountable and responsible for their own personal thoughts and actions are in DENIAL of the 100% Honest Truth that can be known IF a person CHOOSES to "be saved" from the confusion and doubts of the popular wide path.

I realize that what I wrote will be viewed by most in much the same way that a 6 year old would view being told that santa and such were NOT REAL, but just make believe and pretend reality.

It is SO CLEAR for those with the eyes to see and the mind to understand WHY this world is the way that it is and the many of the people ACT the way that they do.

So busy trying to place the blame and responsibilities elsewhere that they NEVER grow up and mature but in size and imagination.

Pro wrestling is much the same as the concept of santa and other such make believe and pretend. If the wrestling fanatics were to LOOK at the Honest Truth of the concept they wouldn't be excited by the concept anymore as the FUN is in the deceptions and lies called good and the possible ESCAPE that they might provide for the lost and confused.

I find it interesting that when so called christians are asked WHY they can just follow the Truth when they feel like it. They start talking about grace and a loving and forgiving God and such that understands that they can't help but SIN/DENY the 100% Honest Truth that is before them and within them because God made them that way.

The so called science communities have their own version of the same excuses.

They are just higher animals with animal instincts that have been passed on to them from the past.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 1:23:39 PM

I think wilful sinning is the continuing of doing sin.

Repentance means one attempts to refrain from doing that sin.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 1:37:36 PM
At 7/26/2015 10:50:11 AM, PureX wrote:
I don't believe one can "sin" unwillingly. Because the "sin" happens in the heart, not by the action. The action is only the outward result of the sinful heart.

However, I suppose it's possible for one to commit a "sin", subconsciously. That is to think and feel selfishly or hatefully toward another without consciously realizing that they're doing it.

I agree...

We know we are going to sin, we know when we are about to give in to the temptation, so it seems all sin is done willingly...
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 3:24:48 PM
It's not what you put in you that defiles you, it is what comes out!

I find it very difficult to intentionally sin, but every day I see how I accidentally fall short. I mess up all the time. I'm not always the most tactful, and I don't always respond to people gracefully.

I could beat myself up over it, but part of God's forgiveness is that we can move on, put those things behind us, and not let them hold us back from being the person we strive to be. Mindfulness is the best way to get rid of bad habits. When you are mindful of bad habits, they become less and less frequent until they are virtually nonexistent.

I mess up all the time though. It sucks to not be perfect, but at the same time it is very humbling. God is the only perfection, and though we should strive to emulate God, we are always going to fall short. There is no shame in this, it is built into our being.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 4:17:03 PM

but then if you say that you have to define what "un-pardonable" is. I doubt you know. God does. But most humans dont. I know, but only after I got saved. Tell me what you think it is and I'll be happy to tel you how close you are my brother.
Look, with God the whole thing about Sin? Its about motivation!! Yep. About what our reasons were, What our state of mind was. Malicious intent. The degree of it. Sins of ignorance? well to God they are not even Sins!! Yep. Its all about how much you know about Him before you did the Sin. thats what He cares about the most. I will elabrate more if you ask. Godspeed my brother!!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 4:21:43 PM
I AM perfect and most overly wonderful and then some.

PERFECTION is like Heaven/Paradise and Hell

It's a state of mind and understanding.

Just as most that read this have a better understanding of the deceived small children and santa and such is much the way that I view YOU.

The small clueless children that are so LOST within their make believe and pretend realities that it becomes the ONLY reality that they choose to understand at the TIME.

I know very well that I bother most in the same way that a small child would be bothered if their form of reality and ESCAPE was threatened.

I have heard many say that ALL they had was their dreams and fantasy for escape from the "reality" of life.

I realize that there are the many and the few like in the story of the Pharisees.

FREE WILL CHOICE is a PERSONAL choice. If it is not then it is someone else or something doing the choosing as in what happens with little children and santa and such. Are the little children choosing to be deceived and lied to?

I say YES.

Even a smart puppy can make choices.

small children are not as clueless as many older people would like to try and believe.

I understand children of all ages very well as I AM a grown up that has left the ways of deceptions and lies called good behind them.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 3:15:29 AM
At 7/26/2015 3:24:48 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

I find it very difficult to intentionally sin, but every day I see how I accidentally fall short. I mess up all the time. I'm not always the most tactful, and I don't always respond to people gracefully.

I could beat myself up over it, but part of God's forgiveness is that we can move on, put those things behind us, and not let them hold us back from being the person we strive to be. Mindfulness is the best way to get rid of bad habits. When you are mindful of bad habits, they become less and less frequent until they are virtually nonexistent.

I mess up all the time though. It sucks to not be perfect, but at the same time it is very humbling. God is the only perfection, and though we should strive to emulate God, we are always going to fall short. There is no shame in this, it is built into our being.

amen, we all fall short of the mark, the word says so,we all commit the same sins over and over, if this willingly sinning negates our salvation we would all be unsaved now...

His mercies are new everyday, Praise the Lord for that.. we are saved by Grace, Praise the Lord for that..

The law demanded we must be perfect, Grace says Jesus was perfect...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 3:19:43 AM
At 7/26/2015 4:17:03 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

but then if you say that you have to define what "un-pardonable" is. I doubt you know. God does. But most humans dont. I know, but only after I got saved. Tell me what you think it is and I'll be happy to tel you how close you are my brother.
Look, with God the whole thing about Sin? Its about motivation!! Yep. About what our reasons were, What our state of mind was. Malicious intent. The degree of it. Sins of ignorance? well to God they are not even Sins!! Yep. Its all about how much you know about Him before you did the Sin. thats what He cares about the most. I will elabrate more if you ask. Godspeed my brother!!

The unpardonable sin is to deny who Jesus is.....

that's why it is unpardonable... the only way to the father is through the son by denying the son you take away the only route to salvation...

that's why anything sin can be forgiven as Jesus died for all our sins but if you take away the payment for your sins how could you be forgiven....
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 3:21:58 AM
At 7/27/2015 3:15:29 AM, graceofgod wrote:

amen, we all fall short of the mark, the word says so,we all commit the same sins over and over, if this willingly sinning negates our salvation we would all be unsaved now...

His mercies are new everyday, Praise the Lord for that.. we are saved by Grace, Praise the Lord for that..

It is so very sad you believe that GARBAGE to be true. Even if the Biblical account of what Jesus got up to had any credence, the guy certainly didn't come over as perfect, just human with faults and failing like the rest of us. Who wants to be perfect anyway? Being good enough is just fine, a perfect person would be a nightmare!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 3:25:43 AM
At 7/27/2015 3:21:58 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 7/27/2015 3:15:29 AM, graceofgod wrote:

It is so very sad you believe that GARBAGE to be true. Even if the Biblical account of what Jesus got up to had any credence, the guy certainly didn't come over as perfect, just human with faults and failing like the rest of us. Who wants to be perfect anyway? Being good enough is just fine, a perfect person would be a nightmare!

It's very sad you do not believe it because it is your eternity you are throwing away but of course believing is your choice...

I guess you think the world is a good place with the way people are now??

While I do not agree with you opinion I do respect your opinion...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 12:40:35 PM
At 7/27/2015 3:19:43 AM, graceofgod wrote:

that's why it is unpardonable... the only way to the father is through the son by denying the son you take away the only route to salvation...

that's why anything sin can be forgiven as Jesus died for all our sins but if you take away the payment for your sins how could you be forgiven....

Jesus did NOT die for our sins. Common misconception with the Fundamentalists who have Hijacked the Word. Jesus NEVER said that He was here to Die for Our Sins. He died at the Hands of Sinners for trying to Preach the Word of the Coming of the Kingdom. His Father's Kingdom. NOT His. He was NOT God! He was just trying to tell us He was the Son of God. And also that we ALL can be Sons of God. But NOT automatically, just because He died. LOL. If He died for our Sins and there is still Sinners and Sin which there most certainly is that we could say His Death was Useless. This is NOT True!!
Denying Jesus is NOT an unpardonable Sin if you dont know who He was. Again, its all about malicious Intent. With God. NOT Jesus. He has nothing to do with modern Sinners and the Forgiveness or Salvation of it. It's ALL GOD! You fundies need to get that whole Cosmic Jesus thing out of your little heads if you want to know the True Nature of God! do you know that God actually finds it humrous how you people think you are talking to his long dead Son? LOL.
ITs His Teaching That you Need To Learn and Worship. Not the Man. Yes, Man.
Peace.
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 12:54:00 PM
At 7/27/2015 12:40:35 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Jesus did NOT die for our sins. Common misconception with the Fundamentalists who have Hijacked the Word. Jesus NEVER said that He was here to Die for Our Sins. He died at the Hands of Sinners for trying to Preach the Word of the Coming of the Kingdom. His Father's Kingdom. NOT His. He was NOT God! He was just trying to tell us He was the Son of God. And also that we ALL can be Sons of God. But NOT automatically, just because He died. LOL. If He died for our Sins and there is still Sinners and Sin which there most certainly is that we could say His Death was Useless. This is NOT True!!
Denying Jesus is NOT an unpardonable Sin if you dont know who He was. Again, its all about malicious Intent. With God. NOT Jesus. He has nothing to do with modern Sinners and the Forgiveness or Salvation of it. It's ALL GOD! You fundies need to get that whole Cosmic Jesus thing out of your little heads if you want to know the True Nature of God! do you know that God actually finds it humrous how you people think you are talking to his long dead Son? LOL.
Peace. : :

Wisdom has been given to you by our God through spirit and not of the sinful flesh that perishes. All flesh will perish but the Word of the Lord continues on forever.

Isaiah 40
1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

5 And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:

7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.

8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

16 And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt offering.

17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?

19 The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains.

20 He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

24 Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 1:07:57 PM

I'm not a theist, but I would imagine that this would be like bearing false witness when, at the time of the testimony, you thought it was the truth when it actually wasn't. Or, perhaps taking something that you thought was offered to you you, but it really wasn't (inadvertently stealing).

Basically, I think it would be an act of sin that was committed unknowingly/unintentionally.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 1:12:26 PM
At 7/27/2015 12:54:00 PM, talmud wrote:

Peace. : :

Wisdom has been given to you by our God through spirit and not of the sinful flesh that perishes. All flesh will perish but the Word of the Lord continues on forever.

Isaiah 40
1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

5 And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

15 Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

16 And Lebanon is not sufficient to burn, nor the beasts thereof sufficient for a burnt offering.

17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?

19 The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains.

20 He that is so impoverished that he hath no oblation chooseth a tree that will not rot; he seeketh unto him a cunning workman to prepare a graven image, that shall not be moved.

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

24 Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Thanks for the Isiah. Im suprised you didnt include the Suffering Servant passage from Second Isiah 53 if it was your plan to show that Isiah foretold of Jesus coming!
thing is though, He didn't. ALl those quotes you pasted were about God. And also the Nation of Israel. Just like the Suffering Servant is about Israel. do me a favor and look up this word: "midrash." it will help you alot with knowing how the Bible was written and what the Gospel writers, especially Matt, used as a literary form.
thanks again for the tracts..those are some of my favorite OT ones. I always enjoyed Isiah. and Amos. Micah. Some Ezekial. Jeremiah, eh? a little too weepy for me. Daniel I also like.

http://www.aish.com...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 3:54:37 PM

Peace.

Jesus died as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 4:00:43 PM
At 7/27/2015 3:54:37 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Peace.

then the sacrifice failed, as mankind is still in Sin. Most of it. And how do you reconcile your theology on that with the fact that many Christians still yap about Original Sin? And the Fall? And that it still effects us? Why does the RCC baptize? Or the Baptisits? LOL. If Jesus took care of all that from dying on the cross? Do you know the whole "Jesus died for your sins" theology is Paul's alone? and that he got it from an OT passage about a Jewish Law that says you cant leave a man hanging on a tree overnight or it is a Sin? It despoils God's Land? So Paul took this to mean that Jesus has to be taken from the Cross, and rise, to avoid that? Show me where Jesus said "I am going to die for your sins? For the perfect sacrifice."

http://www.theologynetwork.org...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 4:03:20 PM
At 7/27/2015 4:00:43 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Peace.

then the sacrifice failed, as mankind is still in Sin. Most of it. And how do you reconcile your theology on that with the fact that many Christians still yap about Original Sin? And the Fall? And that it still effects us? Why does the RCC baptize? Or the Baptisits? LOL. If Jesus took care of all that from dying on the cross? Do you know the whole "Jesus died for your sins" theology is Paul's alone? and that he got it from an OT passage about a Jewish Law that says you cant leave a man hanging on a tree overnight or it is a Sin? It despoils God's Land? So Paul took this to mean that Jesus has to be taken from the Cross, and rise, to avoid that? Show me where Jesus said "I am going to die for your sins? For the perfect sacrifice."

the sacrifice did not fail...

as sin entered through one man so the payment will be made by one man..Jesus the perfect sacrifice is that man....
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 4:07:05 PM
At 7/27/2015 4:03:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Peace.

as sin entered through one man so the payment will be made by one man..Jesus the perfect sacrifice is that man....

If you say it didn't fail you my friend are in a state of denial. (its not only a river in Egypt!) Ha! Sorry, I dont want to demean a brother Christian. Hey man, you're goin to believe what you want. that's fine. More power to you. I wish your idea was the truth, but its simply antiquated theology that was the result of Jewish midrash. the logic of it is flawed on several levels. But hey that's the view of most of us progressive, or Liberal Christians. But if it works for you in getting close to God then have at it!! Thank you.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 4:11:41 PM
At 7/27/2015 4:07:05 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/27/2015 4:03:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Peace.

If you say it didn't fail you my friend are in a state of denial. (its not only a river in Egypt!) Ha! Sorry, I dont want to demean a brother Christian. Hey man, you're goin to believe what you want. that's fine. More power to you. I wish your idea was the truth, but its simply antiquated theology that was the result of Jewish midrash. the logic of it is flawed on several levels. But hey that's the view of most of us progressive, or Liberal Christians. But if it works for you in getting close to God then have at it!! Thank you.

Of course it did not fail, how could the perfect sacrifice fail...God set the plan in motion from the beginning of time..

what scripture do you have that supports the notion that the sacrifice did not work...

i believe what the bible says but clearly that's not what you believe...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:04:35 AM
No supernatural entity can forgive anything any more than Zeus or Mother Nature or Easter Bunny can.
Forgiveness is a human attitude toward other humans who have done something wrong in the judgement of humans.

People willingly do everything they do. If they were not willing to do what they do they would not do it.

Sin is not an action. It is an attitude which motivates actions.
An act of killing someone for example is not a sin if the act was motivated in self defense or in defense of another person.

Sin is not in what you do but in WHY you do it. People will forgive others if they understand the motive for the action was not malicious.

All are innocent till proven guilty.

Christianity however brainwashes its members to believe they are born guilty and will never be innocent of anything unless they believe a supernatural person exists and will justify their actions if they worship the character.

Unwillingness to worship the character is apparently a sin in the eyes of those who think all who do not believe in supernatural characters are the most evil people in existence.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:21:56 AM
At 7/26/2015 12:57:10 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
So called SIN is DENYING the KNOWN TRUTH, facts and evidence that is before us and within us.

Most don't understand that sin is a denial of Truth.
Most think sin is an action which a supernatural God hates.
They don't seem to be able to comprehend that sin is an attitude of mind and not an action at all.

I notice that it doesn't matter what religion, political beliefs, scientific beliefs and such that a person is programed with and follows as to the way that they view the HONEST TRUTH that CAN be known.

Such as the many that play games of chance and delude themselves into believing that they are going to BEAT the known odds with some magic, religious, scientific or other make believe and pretend means.

The deluded are very honest about believing in their own delusions. They just don't see them as delusions. They see them as their reality, hopes, dreams and spiritual faith.

Those that won't grow up and be accountable and responsible for their own personal thoughts and actions are in DENIAL of the 100% Honest Truth that can be known IF a person CHOOSES to "be saved" from the confusion and doubts of the popular wide path.

Most have no clue what the Honest Truth is. They worship invisible characters in the hope that they are real and hope they are right. Their own hopes and dreams lead them astray. They are not even honest with themselves about their inner doubts that their God is real. All adults who are perfectly honest and truthful with themselves know deep down inside that all invisible supernatural Gods are mythical.
Those who live in denial of that fact are just not honest with themselves or anyone else. They live a farce.

I realize that what I wrote will be viewed by most in much the same way that a 6 year old would view being told that santa and such were NOT REAL, but just make believe and pretend reality.

It is SO CLEAR for those with the eyes to see and the mind to understand WHY this world is the way that it is and the many of the people ACT the way that they do.

So busy trying to place the blame and responsibilities elsewhere that they NEVER grow up and mature but in size and imagination.

Pro wrestling is much the same as the concept of santa and other such make believe and pretend. If the wrestling fanatics were to LOOK at the Honest Truth of the concept they wouldn't be excited by the concept anymore as the FUN is in the deceptions and lies called good and the possible ESCAPE that they might provide for the lost and confused.

Most are so lost in the games people play to even admit they are playing games and just acting various parts on the stage of the world.

I find it interesting that when so called christians are asked WHY they can just follow the Truth when they feel like it. They start talking about grace and a loving and forgiving God and such that understands that they can't help but SIN/DENY the 100% Honest Truth that is before them and within them because God made them that way.

They are just higher animals with animal instincts that have been passed on to them from the past.

They are what they are and don't wish to admit they are only fools who are fooling themselves in the process of trying to fool others.

Some put away childish things in the process of growing up and some never do. They simply replace their childish toys and invisible friends with more advanced versions of toys and invisible friends and then claim they have made some advancements. ;-)
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:33:58 AM
At 7/31/2015 1:21:56 AM, Skyangel wrote:

They don't seem to be able to comprehend that sin is an attitude of mind and not an action at all.

The deluded are very honest about believing in their own delusions. They just don't see them as delusions. They see them as their reality, hopes, dreams and spiritual faith.

Most have no clue what the Honest Truth is. They worship invisible characters in the hope that they are real and hope they are right. Their own hopes and dreams lead them astray. They are not even honest with themselves about their inner doubts that their God is real. All adults who are perfectly honest and truthful with themselves know deep down inside that all invisible supernatural Gods are mythical.
Those who live in denial of that fact are just not honest with themselves or anyone else. They live a farce.

Most are so lost in the games people play to even admit they are playing games and just acting various parts on the stage of the world.

They are what they are and don't wish to admit they are only fools who are fooling themselves in the process of trying to fool others.

Some put away childish things in the process of growing up and some never do. They simply replace their childish toys and invisible friends with more advanced versions of toys and invisible friends and then claim they have made some advancements. ;-)

Good job! Nice not-so-veiled insult to all of us who believe in God. Funny opinion from somebody who calls themselves Sky Angel. Or do you believe only in Angels and not in God? thank you.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 1:54:26 AM
At 7/31/2015 1:33:58 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Good job! Nice not-so-veiled insult to all of us who believe in God. Funny opinion from somebody who calls themselves Sky Angel. Or do you believe only in Angels and not in God? thank you.

My actual real name is Angel. I believe in myself. I added "sky" to the name because I fly around a lot in airplanes.
My written words are the truth of what I think and believe. If you find my honesty insulting, please try to avoid reading my posts. Honesty obviously offends you. When and IF you grow up you might learn to accept and appreciate honesty for what it is rather than be offended by it.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 2:15:51 AM
At 7/31/2015 1:54:26 AM, Skyangel wrote:

My actual real name is Angel. I believe in myself. I added "sky" to the name because I fly around a lot in airplanes.
My written words are the truth of what I think and believe. If you find my honesty insulting, please try to avoid reading my posts. Honesty obviously offends you. When and IF you grow up you might learn to accept and appreciate honesty for what it is rather than be offended by it.

Why don't you think I'm grown-up? I'm 37! I co-own my own business. I've been to college. And to jail! LOL. I have met God. I love science. I have been married twice. I have been shot at. Been to 16 different states. I wan't offended by your post so much as I thought it was a bit rude to people who believe differently than you. Is not intolerance a sign of immaturity? thank you, ma'am.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 2:39:10 AM
At 7/31/2015 2:15:51 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 7/31/2015 1:54:26 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Why don't you think I'm grown-up? I'm 37! I co-own my own business. I've been to college. And to jail! LOL. I have met God. I love science. I have been married twice. I have been shot at. Been to 16 different states. I wan't offended by your post so much as I thought it was a bit rude to people who believe differently than you. Is not intolerance a sign of immaturity? thank you, ma'am.

Grown up in body is not the same as being grown up in mind. Mentally mature stable adults do not meet invisible Gods and start talking to them like a child talks to invisible friends. They are mentally stable and have no need for invisible friends or saviors. They understand how to save themselves from any delusions and solve their own problems.

I am not intolerant of immature people. I just tease them because I think they need a bit of encouragement to grow up mentally and the only way to do that is make them realize how immature and foolish they are.
Pandering to their delusions and invisible saviour never got anyone anywhere.
Honesty is never rude to those who appreciate it. It is only offensive to those who prefer to deny the truth and think honesty is something to be avoided in preference to political correctness which does not offend easily offended overly sensitive people.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:14:29 AM
just a delicious lime green gumdrop in the candy store of desires and expectations.