Jump to topic:

Evolution Can't produce Micro Space creatures

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 4:17:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Russian astronauts observed small wormlike creatures that had attached to their shuttle on Earth later crawling on the outside of their spaceship and doing fine. This means these worms not only survived the insanity and heatfrom our atmosphere, but got around in outerspace too. So why hasn't Evolution littered the cosmos with some kind of micro ccreature? Perhaps a simple worm fueled by solar energy? Or anything? I waana see some space worms. Where are they?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 5:29:32 PM
In ya head with ya god, they operate symbiotically.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ecco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 6:08:14 PM
At 7/28/2015 4:17:28 AM, Sooner wrote:
Russian astronauts observed small wormlike creatures that had attached to their shuttle on Earth later crawling on the outside of their spaceship and doing fine. This means these worms not only survived the insanity and heatfrom our atmosphere, but got around in outerspace too. So why hasn't Evolution littered the cosmos with some kind of micro ccreature? Perhaps a simple worm fueled by solar energy? Or anything? I waana see some space worms. Where are they?

Do you have a source for this?
Think
JMcKinley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 6:08:17 PM

There are some scientists who suspect that life here on earth may have actually started that way. Tiny creatures hitching a ride on meteors and the like.

But there is a big difference between being able to survive a limited time trip into space and actually being able to live and reproduce in space. I would guess that the shortage of resources in space would severely limit if not entirely stop all reproduction. No reproduction, no evolution.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 6:16:24 PM

All of us, every living thing on Earth is fueled by Solar Energy. Look it up. Remember where you heard it. LOL I learned this in HS Biology. Read up on Vitmain D too!

There are several respected men of science who believe in the Panspermia Theory, which your post reminded me of a little bit. I personally think it has some merit. since we still cannot explain how life arose from nothing in that hot gooey ocean about 3 BYA.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 12:08:28 AM
At 7/28/2015 6:08:17 PM, JMcKinley wrote:

There are some scientists who suspect that life here on earth may have actually started that way. Tiny creatures hitching a ride on meteors and the like.

But there is a big difference between being able to survive a limited time trip into space and actually being able to live and reproduce in space. I would guess that the shortage of resources in space would severely limit if not entirely stop all reproduction. No reproduction, no evolution.

-----
They've observed extremophiles living 10 years with no food or water or anything here on Earth. Think of how long a fly lives, but yet they continue to reproduce and continue the species.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 6:27:43 AM
At 7/29/2015 12:08:28 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 7/28/2015 6:08:17 PM, JMcKinley wrote:

-----
They've observed extremophiles living 10 years with no food or water or anything here on Earth. Think of how long a fly lives, but yet they continue to reproduce and continue the species.

Meet the Tardigrade:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Of course evolution is possible. It makes more sense than magic. Why would a creator have need to go against his or her own natural laws to create life anyway? I'm not arguing for or against intelligent design. I'm smart enough to know that we don't have enough data to disprove intelligent design and no one can prove it either. What I am saying is that a creator who could come up with the universe and all of its complexities, would know from the very start of the natural universe that there would be life and would have no problem waiting for it to grow naturally.... satisfied and pleased with the outcome of said "creation". Human beings are impatient, that doesn't mean their God has to be as well, or does it? Are you sure that the God you worship is really the creator, or simply a human construct? Evolution is most likely how it happened, with or without intellect design.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
SM2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 6:39:43 AM
Space worms can't produce the thrust needed to escape the planet. The reason space isn't littered with them is because they're dependent on other species' spacecraft.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 7:04:33 AM

Evolution acts on life. How does life arise in the vacuum of space? It hasn't arisen in the far more hospitable (relatively speaking) environments of the other planets in the solar system but you expect complex molecules to form in empty space?

Besides I don't believe the worms story. It sounds like a vodka-fueled fantasy to me. Those Russians love their vodka.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 7:38:11 PM
At 10/7/2015 7:04:33 AM, dee-em wrote:

Evolution acts on life. How does life arise in the vacuum of space? It hasn't arisen in the far more hospitable (relatively speaking) environments of the other planets in the solar system but you expect complex molecules to form in empty space?

How do you know life hasn't arisen on other planets?

Besides I don't believe the worms story. It sounds like a vodka-fueled fantasy to me. Those Russians love their vodka.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 9:59:05 PM
At 10/7/2015 7:38:11 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/7/2015 7:04:33 AM, dee-em wrote:

How do you know life hasn't arisen on other planets?

I'm talking about the other planets in our solar system. We can't be 100% certain, of course, but there are no obvious life signatures for Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The moons on Jupiter and Saturn are still a somewhat open question. Nevertheless, my point stands. There are no obvious life signs on Mars for example and the surface of Mars is orders of magnitude more hospitable than the vacuum of space.