Jump to topic:

Self-Authenticating Scripture

tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 7:45:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Doctrine of a Self-Authenticating Scripture: What do you think of this idea? I just finished listening to a talk by Michael Kruger on the subject and was curious as to what others thought about it. I am not trying to start any argument or debate, but just get some more opinions on the subject.

I would encourage anyone curious about this idea to listen to the talk here:
http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org...
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 8:17:31 PM
At 7/28/2015 7:45:12 PM, tstor wrote:
Doctrine of a Self-Authenticating Scripture: What do you think of this idea? I just finished listening to a talk by Michael Kruger on the subject and was curious as to what others thought about it. I am not trying to start any argument or debate, but just get some more opinions on the subject.

http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org... : :

Only God can teach you which words in the Bible came by the hands of his servants and what came from the hands of false prophets.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 8:52:27 PM
At 7/28/2015 8:17:31 PM, talmud wrote:

Only God can teach you which words in the Bible came by the hands of his servants and what came from the hands of false prophets.
But is the Bible not the proclaimed Word of God?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 9:48:03 PM
At 7/28/2015 7:45:12 PM, tstor wrote:

http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org...

From your link:

However, often overlooked in such discussions is the answer given by the Reformers themselves: that the Scriptures testify to their own divine origins.

So his argument is that the Reformers recognized it as such. Yet this is not a viewpoint supported by history. You have to go back to the 4th Century to discover how the bible was canonized, and who had the authority to state that these particular documents were the divinely inspired documents.

You will ultimately find that it was Catholic Bishops who (after many heated discussions) determined which books validly belonged in the Bible.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:07:34 PM
At 7/28/2015 9:48:03 PM, Geogeer wrote:

From your link:

However, often overlooked in such discussions is the answer given by the Reformers themselves: that the Scriptures testify to their own divine origins.

So his argument is that the Reformers recognized it as such. Yet this is not a viewpoint supported by history. You have to go back to the 4th Century to discover how the bible was canonized, and who had the authority to state that these particular documents were the divinely inspired documents.

You will ultimately find that it was Catholic Bishops who (after many heated discussions) determined which books validly belonged in the Bible.
If I recall correctly the video does mention that. Or maybe it was a different place where I read it.
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:21:18 PM
At 7/28/2015 8:52:27 PM, tstor wrote:
At 7/28/2015 8:17:31 PM, talmud wrote:

But is the Bible not the proclaimed Word of God? : :

How could the Word of God be the Bible. The Word was with God when he created everything.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:33:39 PM
At 7/28/2015 10:21:18 PM, talmud wrote:

How could the Word of God be the Bible. The Word was with God when he created everything.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
I do not deny that Jesus (Michael) was the first creation by our Heavily Father. Reference Hebrews 1:1-3 for information on the Bible being the Word of God:
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God"s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven." (NIV)
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:57:05 PM
God created men. Men created their Word of God books. Word of God books differ from each other and differ in theology within themselves. Is God the author of confusion? It seems these Word of God books are authored by either a confused God or confused men. I go with confused men as God hasn't confused me by telling me 36 years ago in my religious conversion experience that the Bible can only be used for reference source and not as spiritual authority in itself as its filled with fables much more than historical truth. And much bad ancient men's ideas about things that aren't of God at all but reflect ancient levels of human understanding of the world coming from primitive superstition roots trying to make sense of civilization and its discontents.

There is therefore no "Self-Authenticating Scripture" to be had. These people continue to be ignorant of God's real world Armageddon event that's already happened that destroyed the Bible forever as spiritual authority. Israeli archeologists have discovered the Hebrew writers of the Bible stories told fibs, great big whoppers, about "Hebrews" who never existed and events that never happened. Hebrews didn't exist until 700 BC and so, how could they say Hebrews were there with Abraham circa 1800 BC? Or Moses at 1400 BC, David and Solomon, 1000 BC? With no archeological traces of these guys as leaders of Israelite/Hebrew civilization so rich and powerful David had more gold than Ft. Knox. Yet just how does a nation without any major flood plains to grow crop surpluses necessary for large populations and large taxes and large armies, become to equal those civilizations that had the big rivers and flood plains and produced might civilizations that left actual evidence of their existence, unlike the Story Tellers of Israel concocting tall tales without any architectural evidence to support the fables of Moses, David or Solomon. Great story telling but you can't get spiritual authority from story telling, can't get it from telling tall tales as if they were true. So the Bible has lost all its religious authority for those who demand their religion be founded on spiritual truth and not man-made myths being palmed off to gullible believers as real history of Jews and our burden to represent God and the Messiah.

That's why God's sent me in with the recovery of the lost Celestial Torah astrological code--because the Bible can't be relied on for spiritual guidance without it.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 11:13:21 PM
At 7/28/2015 10:57:05 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
God created men. Men created their Word of God books. Word of God books differ from each other and differ in theology within themselves. Is God the author of confusion? It seems these Word of God books are authored by either a confused God or confused men. I go with confused men as God hasn't confused me by telling me 36 years ago in my religious conversion experience that the Bible can only be used for reference source and not as spiritual authority in itself as its filled with fables much more than historical truth. And much bad ancient men's ideas about things that aren't of God at all but reflect ancient levels of human understanding of the world coming from primitive superstition roots trying to make sense of civilization and its discontents.

There is therefore no "Self-Authenticating Scripture" to be had. These people continue to be ignorant of God's real world Armageddon event that's already happened that destroyed the Bible forever as spiritual authority. Israeli archeologists have discovered the Hebrew writers of the Bible stories told fibs, great big whoppers, about "Hebrews" who never existed and events that never happened. Hebrews didn't exist until 700 BC and so, how could they say Hebrews were there with Abraham circa 1800 BC? Or Moses at 1400 BC, David and Solomon, 1000 BC? With no archeological traces of these guys as leaders of Israelite/Hebrew civilization so rich and powerful David had more gold than Ft. Knox. Yet just how does a nation without any major flood plains to grow crop surpluses necessary for large populations and large taxes and large armies, become to equal those civilizations that had the big rivers and flood plains and produced might civilizations that left actual evidence of their existence, unlike the Story Tellers of Israel concocting tall tales without any architectural evidence to support the fables of Moses, David or Solomon. Great story telling but you can't get spiritual authority from story telling, can't get it from telling tall tales as if they were true. So the Bible has lost all its religious authority for those who demand their religion be founded on spiritual truth and not man-made myths being palmed off to gullible believers as real history of Jews and our burden to represent God and the Messiah.

That's why God's sent me in with the recovery of the lost Celestial Torah astrological code--because the Bible can't be relied on for spiritual guidance without it.
Thank you for your input. I also thank you for mentioning Celestial Torah Christianity, I will be sure to read into it.
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 12:53:12 AM
At 7/28/2015 10:33:39 PM, tstor wrote:
At 7/28/2015 10:21:18 PM, talmud wrote:

John 1
I do not deny that Jesus (Michael) was the first creation by our Heavily Father. Reference Hebrews 1:1-3 for information on the Bible being the Word of God:
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God"s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven." (NIV) ::

Who told you that a man named Jesus was the Word of the Lord? Did you know the Word of God was spoken by his prophets and other saints? Even Jesus spoke the Word of God when he said this;

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 1:59:19 AM
At 7/29/2015 12:53:12 AM, talmud wrote:

Who told you that a man named Jesus was the Word of the Lord? Did you know the Word of God was spoken by his prophets and other saints? Even Jesus spoke the Word of God when he said this;

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
Indeed, I already stated that God spoke by his prophets.
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 2:09:29 AM
At 7/29/2015 1:59:19 AM, tstor wrote:

John 6
Indeed, I already stated that God spoke by his prophets. : :

Did you know that God is still using a servant today to speak through?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 2:19:01 AM
At 7/29/2015 2:09:29 AM, talmud wrote:

Speak through people? No. The holy ghost simply gives us wisdom in understanding when studying the scriptures.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 4:11:47 AM
At 7/28/2015 10:07:34 PM, tstor wrote:
At 7/28/2015 9:48:03 PM, Geogeer wrote:

From your link:

If I recall correctly the video does mention that. Or maybe it was a different place where I read it.

I'm short on time tonight, so I'll return your recording with one of my own:

https://www.youtube.com...
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 4:12:25 AM
At 7/29/2015 4:11:47 AM, Geogeer wrote:

I'm short on time tonight, so I'll return your recording with one of my own:

https://www.youtube.com...
Thank you, I will take a look at it.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 11:44:27 AM

John 6

You're getting better at disguising yourself BoG. Lol.
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2015 4:09:55 PM
At 7/29/2015 11:44:27 AM, dee-em wrote:

John 6

You're getting better at disguising yourself BoG. Lol. : :

I can't disguise myself because I am God's invisible thoughts. Whatever He has me write was planned out by Him.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 1:00:02 PM
At 7/29/2015 4:09:55 PM, talmud wrote:

John 6

I can't disguise myself because I am God's invisible thoughts. Whatever He has me write was planned out by Him.

Nevertheless, you were keeping a much lower profile than usual, Brad. That is until you were spotted. Now you know the jig is up.
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 2:54:27 PM
At 7/30/2015 1:00:02 PM, dee-em wrote:

John 6

Nevertheless, you were keeping a much lower profile than usual, Brad. That is until you were spotted. Now you know the jig is up. : :

When you or someone else reports me, then I will be banned again. Right after that, I will delete the cookie that was used to ban me and start a new profile. I have never left this forum and I told Airmax that I wouldn't. Airmax lied to me so I told him that I won't leave this forum until God's work is accomplished. Of course, he doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about and neither do you.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 2:58:54 PM

John 6

Nevertheless, you were keeping a much lower profile than usual, Brad. That is until you were spotted. Now you know the jig is up.
Are IP-bans possible?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:02:19 PM
At 7/30/2015 2:58:54 PM, Fkkize wrote:

John 6

Are IP-bans possible? : :

Many forums use IP bans but not this one. That's why I told Airmax that it was impossible to stop the Word of God from working in this forum.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:03:22 PM
At 7/30/2015 3:02:19 PM, talmud wrote:

John 6

Many forums use IP bans but not this one. That's why I told Airmax that it was impossible to stop the Word of God from working in this forum.

What a shame.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:06:17 PM
At 7/30/2015 3:03:22 PM, Fkkize wrote:

John 6

What a shame. : :

I know how badly you hate the Truth but you will have to put up with Him just a little while longer until the body that's writing this post has been killed.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:09:56 PM
At 7/30/2015 3:06:17 PM, talmud wrote:

I know how badly you hate the Truth but you will have to put up with Him just a little while longer until the body that's writing this post has been killed.

I thought it was killed back in January. You're on six months of borrowed time.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:12:19 PM
At 7/30/2015 2:54:27 PM, talmud wrote:

When you or someone else reports me, then I will be banned again. Right after that, I will delete the cookie that was used to ban me and start a new profile. I have never left this forum and I told Airmax that I wouldn't. Airmax lied to me so I told him that I won't leave this forum until God's work is accomplished. Of course, he doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about and neither do you.

God's work for you is posting to an internet forum?
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 3:27:16 PM
At 7/30/2015 3:09:56 PM, annanicole wrote:

I thought it was killed back in January. You're on six months of borrowed time. : :

I will always be the Word of God, Anna. The flesh is only an illusion that will be killed in this age.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 4:06:45 PM
At 7/30/2015 3:27:16 PM, talmud wrote:

I thought it was killed back in January. You're on six months of borrowed time. : :

I will always be the Word of God, Anna. The flesh is only an illusion that will be killed in this age.

OK, well, then "the flesh" was killed off back in January.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:37:09 PM
At 7/30/2015 4:06:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

OK, well, then "the flesh" was killed off back in January. : :

The flesh is always dead but the information that makes it appear to move is who my created existence is. You can call this the spirit of God, also known as the Holy Spirit, Word of God, Voice of God, Messiah, Son of God, Christ, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Book of Life, Zion, Jacob, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Light of men, Eternal Life, etc.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:46:59 PM
At 7/30/2015 5:37:09 PM, talmud wrote:

The flesh is always dead but the information that makes it appear to move is who my created existence is. You can call this the spirit of God, also known as the Holy Spirit, Word of God, Voice of God, Messiah, Son of God, Christ, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Book of Life, Zion, Jacob, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Light of men, Eternal Life, etc.

Dude, you prophecized you would be assassinated in JANUARY, then you said it would be by the beginning of FEBRUARY, then you said (if I remember correctly), WINTER. It is already SUMMER. Why should anyone believe you at this point?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
talmud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 5:49:53 PM
At 7/30/2015 5:46:59 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 7/30/2015 5:37:09 PM, talmud wrote:

Dude, you prophecized you would be assassinated in JANUARY, then you said it would be by the beginning of FEBRUARY, then you said (if I remember correctly), WINTER. It is already SUMMER. Why should anyone believe you at this point? : :

Didn't you read any of my explanations of why God had me guess at when I would be killed?