Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 4:21:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
just wondering i cant find Church that will teach us perfection

col.1:28
28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 4:24:03 PM
At 8/24/2010 4:21:07 PM, Cris4W wrote:

28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.

http://bible.cc... :P
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 4:52:27 PM

-------------

Whenever the word "Church"in mentioned in the NT, it is taken from the Greek word "Ekklesia", Meaning "(God's) called out ones", it is NOT a religion. <((((><

Once a person becomes a member of the "body of Christ", they will know he is "the bread of life" and "our daily bread".

---------------------------------o O--^5 ---
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 11:28:11 AM
At 8/24/2010 4:52:27 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

-------------

Whenever the word "Church"in mentioned in the NT, it is taken from the Greek word "Ekklesia", Meaning "(God's) called out ones", it is NOT a religion. <((((><

Once a person becomes a member of the "body of Christ", they will know he is "the bread of life" and "our daily bread".

yeah i agree on what youve said but where is it? i dont care about religion but you need to be in the church that can teach you the will of God the complete will of God tell me in your church does they teach you everything? ive been in dif kind of churches but i am not contented. why?
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 11:57:24 AM
Sure there's a real church, the one and only real church: the Roman catholic Church.

Jesus pointed the first Pope Peter, and gave him "keys of the kingdom." Peter later became the first Bishop of Rome. Peter passed on his apostolic authority to the next Bishop of Rome, along with the other apostles who passed on their apostolic authority to the bishops that they ordained. Based upon the Roman Catholic unbroken chain of Roman bishops, they teach that the Roman Catholic Church is the true church, and that all churches that do not accept the primacy of the Pope have broken away from them, the original and one true church.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:04:57 PM
At 8/26/2010 11:57:24 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Sure there's a real church, the one and only real church: the Roman catholic Church.

Jesus pointed the first Pope Peter, and gave him "keys of the kingdom." Peter later became the first Bishop of Rome. Peter passed on his apostolic authority to the next Bishop of Rome, along with the other apostles who passed on their apostolic authority to the bishops that they ordained. Based upon the Roman Catholic unbroken chain of Roman bishops, they teach that the Roman Catholic Church is the true church, and that all churches that do not accept the primacy of the Pope have broken away from them, the original and one true church.

1 cor. 12:28
28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

where is the "Pope" there man?? think about it! how can the roman catholic be the true church?? your saints and idol and tradition is not according to the bible how can i believe in your teachings?you can't even follow a simple "law" of God that he don't want "idols"
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:08:12 PM
At 8/26/2010 12:04:57 PM, Cris4W wrote:
where is the "Pope" there man?? think about it! how can the roman catholic be the true church??
Read above again. I guess you missed it.

...your saints and idol and tradition is not according to the bible how can i believe in your teachings?
Don't know what Bible you are reading, but mine says otherwise.

...you can't even follow a simple "law" of God that he don't want "idols"
And who has idols? I have yet to see a "golden calf" in a Church, have you?
WOS
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:18:14 PM
At 8/26/2010 12:08:12 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 8/26/2010 12:04:57 PM, Cris4W wrote:
where is the "Pope" there man?? think about it! how can the roman catholic be the true church??
Read above again. I guess you missed it.

...your saints and idol and tradition is not according to the bible how can i believe in your teachings?
Don't know what Bible you are reading, but mine says otherwise.

so pope is an apostle? is that what your saying?
they are both teaching about the bible.
so hmm let me ask you this is the Fork a Spoon?
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:20:25 PM

'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:39:06 PM
At 8/26/2010 12:18:14 PM, Cris4W wrote:
so pope is an apostle? is that what your saying?
I'm saying the first Pope was an apostle, Peter. The one given the keys to the kingdom.

they are both teaching about the bible.
Who's they?

Neither: the straight jacket for you! (WTF are you talking about?)

'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
Meaning, we are not to worship idol gods. We don't. We worship YHWH.
WOS
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:46:27 PM
At 8/26/2010 12:39:06 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Meaning, we are not to worship idol gods.

No, it clearly states "likeness of anything that is in heaven above" which I'm pretty sure God, Mary, and Jesus are up there, yet you have statues of Jesus and Mary.

We don't. We worship YHWH.

No one denied that. It doesn't say "don't worship idols," it say to not even carve graven images of things in heaven.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 1:36:27 PM
At 8/26/2010 12:46:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
No, it clearly states "likeness of anything that is in heaven above" which I'm pretty sure God, Mary, and Jesus are up there, yet you have statues of Jesus and Mary.
Again, this is in reference to the worship of idols (golden calf, etc.)

No one denied that.
Good. End of story.

It doesn't say "don't worship idols," it say to not even carve graven images of things in heaven.
Again, "graven images" = idol or fetish; to make a graven image for yourself meant to make an idol to worship & adore.

BTW, repeating yourself is not going to change the facts I posted above.
WOS
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 3:00:50 PM

please clarify this for me so that I may better answer :)
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 8:30:21 PM
Christ's church once again established on the earth is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are the only church that claims to be his church and act in his name, in addition we are the only church to claim modern day revelation and prophets still on the earth, furthermore we are the only Church than can trace our priesthood authority back to Christ himself.
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 8:49:06 PM
At 8/26/2010 8:30:21 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Christ's church once again established on the earth is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are the only church that claims to be his church and act in his name, in addition we are the only church to claim modern day revelation and prophets still on the earth, furthermore we are the only Church than can trace our priesthood authority back to Christ himself.

See, that's the problem with questions like this. Obviously everybody is going to say their sect is the correct one an has the real churches. Not that I'm picking on you or anything...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 10:27:32 PM
furthermore we are the only Church than can trace our priesthood authority back to Christ himself.

lol... right through the Native Americans!

LOL
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 10:56:34 PM
At 8/26/2010 8:49:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

See, that's the problem with questions like this.

It's a valid question, actually.

Obviously everybody is going to say their sect is the correct one an has the real churches.

And obviously everyone is going to say their beliefs are correct which is why it's ok for a sect to proclaim that theirs is true. And so far, they have demonstrated and gave supportive reasons why their sect is true.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 11:02:59 PM
Christ's church once again established on the earth is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
As if there was ever any interruption in Christ's Church to begin with. Silly revisionist bs.

We are the only church that claims to be his church and act in his name,...
Right, because the Catholics & Protestants claim they're the church of Ozzy Osborne.

...in addition we are the only church to claim modern day revelation and prophets still on the earth,
I guess the Branch Davidians were in ancient times.

...furthermore we are the only Church than can trace our priesthood authority back to Christ himself.
Yeah, maybe trace it in crayon! ROFL!
WOS
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 11:58:31 AM
At 8/26/2010 12:39:06 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Meaning, we are not to worship idol gods.

No one denied that. It doesn't say "don't worship idols," it say to not even carve graven images of things in heaven.

yep your right good answer i was gonna say that too :D thanks for supporting
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 12:09:22 PM
Neither: the straight jacket for you! (WTF are you talking about?)

apostle and pope is different
True apostle will teach every one in all wisdom of Christ like what ive said in 1 col 1:28 that is apostle paul talking he said "We"(the Apostles) praoclaim everyone teaching them in all wisdom so we can present everyone perfect in "Christ"

*did the pope teach you how to Preach? no! because they're over there head that they claim to be holy which is total BS even though they are not.
God said no one is "righteous"
God said mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation <-- did your pope taught you this? uhmm i doubt it man
and is it right for the priest to go drink alcohol and go out for cigar? then go in the Front teaching people how to discipline themselves.
God said Live in "Holiness"
thats my statement hope you'll understand that all the sect and religion you are in is right. widen your mind and study other religion that teaches there "own Christ" not the the true Christ that is taught by the past apostles
Cris4W
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 12:14:06 PM

theres no More prophet after John the baptist
Proof Luke 16:16
"The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

the law of the prophets were "proclaimed"
means its Done are you gonna contradict the bible? thats why when Jesus Christ and up to now he is sending "Apostle" its very clear have you red your bible? you should you need it
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 1:24:30 PM
At 8/27/2010 11:58:31 AM, Cris4W wrote:

yep your right good answer i was gonna say that too :D thanks for supporting
Read below. Funny how you conveniently missed this post.

At 8/26/2010 1:36:27 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Again, "graven images" = idol or fetish; to make a graven image for yourself meant to make an idol to worship & adore.

BTW, repeating yourself is not going to change the facts I posted above.

At 8/27/2010 12:09:22 PM, Cris4W wrote:
apostle and pope is different
The words are, but the terms are not mutually exclusive. Are these words too big for you? OK, I'll explain in dumb dumb terms:
Woman is a different word than police, but we can have police women!

*did the pope teach you how to Preach? no! because they're over there head that they claim to be holy which is total BS even though they are not.
He doesn't have to.

God said no one is "righteous"
And?

God said mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation <-- did your pope taught you this? uhmm i doubt it man
Not the current one, but the previous one did. To me and many others.

and is it right for the priest to go drink alcohol and go out for cigar?
Sure, since I guess no one is "righteous."

...then go in the Front teaching people how to discipline themselves.
So, by that rationale, no one can advise anyone on discipline...so that would make one wonder why you are doing JUST that to me in this forum? Hypocrite.

God said Live in "Holiness"
And?

thats my statement hope you'll understand that all the sect and religion you are in is right.
First, there were various statements. Second, some were refuted, the others were pointless or unexplained. Thirdly, the sect, is yours: you left my church, I din't leave yours.

...widen your mind and study other religion that teaches there "own Christ" not the the true Christ that is taught by the past apostles
Firstly, I have studied and study many religions, Protestantism included. Secondly, I do not subscribe to a subjective interpretation of the Bible, only the Church's interpretation, as has been handed down to them by the apostles.
WOS
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 1:30:18 PM
At 8/27/2010 1:24:30 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:

Firstly, I have studied and study many religions, Protestantism included. Secondly, I do not subscribe to a subjective interpretation of the Bible, only the Church's interpretation, as has been handed down to them by the apostles.

I admit, I'm largely guilty of that, following my own subjective interpretation of scriptures. That is all.

*Walks out*
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 1:33:05 PM
At 8/27/2010 1:30:18 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I admit, I'm largely guilty of that, following my own subjective interpretation of scriptures. That is all.

*Walks out*

yeah... if I believed in god.. I'd want to decide what he does and doesn't do too.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 1:38:51 PM

I don't think that the Catholic church's (read:fathers/popes) interpretations of the text has been as uniform as you imply...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 1:43:31 PM
At 8/27/2010 1:38:51 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I don't think that the Catholic church's (read:fathers/popes) interpretations of the text has been as uniform as you imply...
What do you mean?
WOS
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 3:04:40 PM
At 8/24/2010 4:52:27 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:

-------------

I was just talking to a certain haughty and ignorant individual about this in another thread. :)
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2010 3:23:09 PM
At 8/27/2010 1:38:51 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I don't think I implied uniformity so much as unbroken succession.
WOS