Jump to topic:

A Superior Creation Story than Genesis

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 10:28:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have before on these forums humbly offered my views that I believe the Creation Story (well, both of them!) as set forth in the Book of Genesis is far from accurate. And is also a poor description of the True God the Creator and Sustainer. A couple days ago I offered a couple of passages from the Gospel of John as a "Better Creation Story."
Today I'd like to share the Creation Mythos from the Tao to Ching, which is the Taoist Bible. (it's also second only to the Bible as the most-read Holy Book in the World).
I humbly and respectfully--to my Christian Brethren whom are Biblical Literalists, that if they simply combine the folliowing descrition with the Teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, they will indeed find the closer depiction of the True God.
Thank you for your kind attention. ANd God Bless. As always I welcome all comments and ideas. Pro and Con!

"There was something featureless yet complete, born before heaven and earth; Silent " amorphous " it stood alone and unchanging. We may regard it as the mother of heaven and earth. Not knowing its name, I style it the "Way."
The Way gave birth to unity, Unity gave birth to duality, Duality gave birth to trinity, Trinity gave birth to the myriad creatures. The myriad creatures bear yin on their back and embrace yang in their bosoms. They neutralize these vapors and thereby achieve harmony. (
Later Daoists interpreted this sequence to mean the Dao "Way", formless Wuji "Without Ultimate", unitary Taiji "Great Ultimate", and binary yin and yang or Heaven and Earth."
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 10:32:36 PM
I also offer here some quotes by the author of the Tao te Ching, Lao Tzu. I truly believe that these verses help us Understand the Nature of God. Perhaps moreso than the highly violent and Anthropomorphic Yahweh God of the Torah. Thanks again!

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich."
R13; Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."
R13; Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you."

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth."

"A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live."
clickclock
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:41:59 AM
At 7/30/2015 10:32:36 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I also offer here some quotes by the author of the Tao te Ching, Lao Tzu. I truly believe that these verses help us Understand the Nature of God. Perhaps moreso than the highly violent and Anthropomorphic Yahweh God of the Torah. Thanks again!

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich."

"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you."

"A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live."
::

All you have to do is listen to the voice of the Lord ( gospel ) and obey all his commandments to learn how He created everything.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:08:47 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:41:59 AM, clickclock wrote:

All you have to do is listen to the voice of the Lord ( gospel ) and obey all his commandments to learn how He created everything.

Creation is covered in Genesis not the Gospels which were written post creation. The commandments were given to guide believers to live according to God's wishes. The commandments don't reveal how everything was created. Your mind ain't right, Brad.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:35:22 PM
There are thousands of creation stories, just pick the one that pacifies you the most, it won't affect reality no matter which one you pick.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 2:42:51 AM
At 7/31/2015 3:41:59 AM, clickclock wrote:

I would appreciate some evidence that a god exists and that only the biblical interpretation is correct.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 2:52:22 PM

None of those quotes have anything to do with the nature of God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 3:40:06 PM

All you are doing is showing how proficient in philosophy were the chinese people if compared to the desert tribes responsible for the Bible.

But I don't see why the genesis story of Tao makes more sense than the Bible's.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 6:46:37 PM
At 8/1/2015 2:52:22 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Here's a better one from The Tao te Ching. In Daoism, the "Dao" orTao is "The Way." Pretty much their version of God--which is decidedly a Deistic one. Thank you, and Tao Bless! LOL

The Great Tao flows everywhere,
to the left and to the right,
all things depend on it to exist,
and it does not abandon them.
to its accomplishments it lays no claims.
It loves and nourished all things,
but does not lord it over them. - See more at: http://theunboundedspirit.com...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 7:13:46 PM
At 8/1/2015 6:46:37 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/1/2015 2:52:22 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Here's a better one from The Tao te Ching. In Daoism, the "Dao" orTao is "The Way." Pretty much their version of God--which is decidedly a Deistic one. Thank you, and Tao Bless! LOL

The Great Tao flows everywhere,
to the left and to the right,
all things depend on it to exist,
and it does not abandon them.
to its accomplishments it lays no claims.
It loves and nourished all things,
but does not lord it over them. - See more at: http://theunboundedspirit.com...

As usual, SoM, you're quite confused. That has nothing to do with any nature of gods.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth