Jump to topic:

Is getting to Heaven easy?

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 5:15:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I mean in the old testament God was violent and strict and yes Jesus is loving and all but he said that his father (God) will be the one to judge and he also said that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to go to Heaven. Also Revelations said even when in Heaven you can still go to Hell.
So am I right that it is very hard or not? If not please give an explanation why.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 5:35:17 PM
At 7/31/2015 5:15:27 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I mean in the old testament God was violent and strict and yes Jesus is loving and all but he said that his father (God) will be the one to judge and he also said that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to go to Heaven. Also Revelations said even when in Heaven you can still go to Hell.
So am I right that it is very hard or not? If not please give an explanation why.

According to John 3:16 all you need is faith to have eternal life..salvation... it sounds quite easy...

the reference to a rich man was about his need for God because of the reliance on his own righteousness and works not his actual wealth...

God will judge but those saved by Grace, have the free gift of the righteousness of Jesus, so they will be judge as righteous...

never heard a scripture that says anyone from heaven can still go to hell...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 6:42:11 PM

Revelations does not say even those in Heaven can still go to Hell.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 8:44:48 PM
At 7/31/2015 6:42:11 PM, Geogeer wrote:

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Yeah..I wouldnt look to Revelations for any useful insights on how to get Saved. The Book is almost total allegory. Highly symbolic and coded words--in case it fell into Romans' hands. The least useful book in the entire NT. I think.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 8:48:43 PM
At 7/31/2015 8:44:48 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Yeah..I wouldnt look to Revelations for any useful insights on how to get Saved. The Book is almost total allegory. Highly symbolic and coded words--in case it fell into Romans' hands. The least useful book in the entire NT. I think.

On the contrary. It is rich beyond belief. John's writings are deep in theology.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 8:50:51 PM
At 7/31/2015 8:48:43 PM, Geogeer wrote:

On the contrary. It is rich beyond belief. John's writings are deep in theology.

I would be highly surprised if any modern person could even be proven to fully understand Revelation, so deep is the allegory and symbolism, and so long ago is the time and climate it was written in. but maybe you're the exception?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 8:53:50 PM
At 7/31/2015 8:48:43 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Can you honestly say you are not a believer in any of these Myths about the Book?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com...
Mike.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 9:10:52 PM
Its pretty clear that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a RICH man gets into heaven. So its about money/wealth and nothing else.

But most people and most Churches rarely preach that today as its suggested by most USA Pastors that God doesn't mind us being well off or rich today...Look how rich the Vatican is or the Mormon Church?

Another piece of scripture ignored or distorted.

Nobody has come back from heaven or hell so none of us know whether they exist or not. I would say not as there is hell on earth for lots of people and so nothing would change for them.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 9:39:38 PM
At 7/31/2015 9:10:52 PM, Mike.com wrote:
Its pretty clear that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a RICH man gets into heaven. So its about money/wealth and nothing else.

But most people and most Churches rarely preach that today as its suggested by most USA Pastors that God doesn't mind us being well off or rich today...Look how rich the Vatican is or the Mormon Church?

Another piece of scripture ignored or distorted.

Nobody has come back from heaven or hell so none of us know whether they exist or not. I would say not as there is hell on earth for lots of people and so nothing would change for them.

it cannot be about the rich man's wealth...

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, Jehoshaphat, Hezekiah, Joseph of arimithaea, were all rich men and i would expect to see all them in Heaven...
Mike.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 10:01:56 PM
----------------------------------------------------------

Why not as that is what the text says?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 10:10:26 PM
At 7/31/2015 10:01:56 PM, Mike.com wrote:

the list in my other post were all rich people of the bible, I'm sure they will all be saved...

in the scripture in this case the rich man first says what must I do to be saved and Jesus says keep the law, he answers which ones and Jesus tells him which laws in affect the commandments, Jesus knows no one can keep them, it is a way of showing the man he needs to know Jesus as his saviour, when the rich man replies I have kept all those laws since being a little boy, Jesus knows this man is reliant on his own self righteousness and part of that is the accumulation of his wealth, so Jesus tells him the thing to do which will bring him to the end of trusting in himself and his accumulated wealth, give all your wealth away and follow me, in other words stop trusting in what yu think you can do as good deeds and trust in the one who can save you...
Mike.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 10:24:34 PM
Strange that Jesus didn't explain it like you did and he was God? ;)

Seriously, isn't that the problem with everyone deciding that the text didn't actually mean what it says and needs further interpretation? Men's souls are supposed to be validated on such words.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 12:12:18 AM

Heaven is a state of mind in which you are in a state of inner peace with a clear conscience. You are basically carrying no psychological or emotional baggage. There is nothing weighing you down mentally or emotionally.

The 'Eye of the needle" is apparently referring to a small opening in the walls of Jerusalem through which people would come and go. Camels could only go through it if they were unloaded and not carrying any baggage.

People who are rich in baggage generally lack inner peace because they are paranoid about others stealing what they value.

It is not easy for people who are in a state of inner turmoil, fear, confusion, doubts, etc, to reach a state of inner peace.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 12:19:11 AM

The text is referring to spiritual things not physical money.
People can be rich in mental and emotional baggage or have none of it.
It's about what people value more than Truth, Love and Life itself.
Whatever causes people to lack inner peace is the "baggage" they are carrying. The more they have of it, the "richer in baggage" they are.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 12:59:29 AM

Judging off a certain christian evangelical mindset yeah it is pretty easy.

All you have to do is believe that Jesus died a death by cruicification as a payment for your sins.

You can blame gays for anything and everything, look the other way when the poor and powerless get screwed over, even do a bit of screwing over the powerless yourself...........yet the mere fact you accept the Jesus died for you sins belief gets you to heaven.

I mean it almost sounds too good to be true.............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 1:13:57 AM
At 7/31/2015 10:10:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:

the list in my other post were all rich people of the bible, I'm sure they will all be saved...

in the scripture in this case the rich man first says what must I do to be saved and Jesus says keep the law, he answers which ones and Jesus tells him which laws in affect the commandments, Jesus knows no one can keep them, it is a way of showing the man he needs to know Jesus as his saviour, when the rich man replies I have kept all those laws since being a little boy, Jesus knows this man is reliant on his own self righteousness and part of that is the accumulation of his wealth, so Jesus tells him the thing to do which will bring him to the end of trusting in himself and his accumulated wealth, give all your wealth away and follow me, in other words stop trusting in what yu think you can do as good deeds and trust in the one who can save you...

It's funny how through people "explaining" what Jesus really mean't can turn sell all you have, easier for the rich man to go through the eye of a needle into...........im rich, i believe that Jesus died for my sins, so I am going to heaven..
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
rj_richards
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 1:15:15 AM
So am I right that it is very hard or not? If not please give an explanation why. : :

I never heard Revelation speak before. When did Revelation speak to you?
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 5:13:10 AM
At 7/31/2015 5:35:17 PM, graceofgod wrote:

According to John 3:16 all you need is faith to have eternal life..salvation... it sounds quite easy...

So you can be a murder, rapist, thief, etc... have faith and still get to heaven? LOL...

the reference to a rich man was about his need for God because of the reliance on his own righteousness and works not his actual wealth...

God will judge but those saved by Grace, have the free gift of the righteousness of Jesus, so they will be judge as righteous...

Only the Israelites were given grace since they were the only ones under the Law.

The fallen angel, Satan, you should know about that because that's what your religion teaches.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 6:13:01 AM
At 8/1/2015 1:13:57 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

It's funny how through people "explaining" what Jesus really mean't can turn sell all you have, easier for the rich man to go through the eye of a needle into...........im rich, i believe that Jesus died for my sins, so I am going to heaven..

where did I say if you are rich you are going to heaven, scripture make it quite clear the things of the spirit are not for sale...

scripture shows many rich people that you would expect to see in heaven such as David, Isaac..etc the list I put up before...

It is about where your focus and reliance is, if you focus on your wealth for power and salvation you have no chance, if You focus on Jesus as your salvation whether rich or poor you will be saved...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 6:23:46 AM
At 8/1/2015 5:13:10 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 7/31/2015 5:35:17 PM, graceofgod wrote:

So you can be a murder, rapist, thief, etc... have faith and still get to heaven? LOL...

Only the Israelites were given grace since they were the only ones under the Law.

The fallen angel, Satan, you should know about that because that's what your religion teaches.

the word says who ever shall believe on Jesus will be saved...

If only the isrealites were under the law why did Jesus have to day for the sins of the world??

satan was cast out, his ability to enter was taken away, it was a given ability based on him being an angel, not a person who was saved and had a right to be in heaven under the plan of redemption...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:12:55 AM
At 8/1/2015 6:13:01 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/1/2015 1:13:57 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

where did I say if you are rich you are going to heaven, scripture make it quite clear the things of the spirit are not for sale...

The getting into heaven part is the I believe in Jesus bit, not the I am rich bit.

In other words ALTHOUGH I AM RICH, because I believe in Jesus..................I get to go to heaven.

scripture shows many rich people that you would expect to see in heaven such as David, Isaac..etc the list I put up before...

Irrelevant this is about Jesus claims.

It is about where your focus and reliance is, if you focus on your wealth for power and salvation you have no chance, if You focus on Jesus as your salvation whether rich or poor you will be saved...

How do you know what Jesus really mean't ? I mean he says easier to go through the eye of a needle than a rich person to enter..........

I will let you in on a little secret. Rich people in christendom have being made very uneasy just on that little doozey of a statement. Now guess what, an acceptable theology to the rich is that well it's ok to have such wealth as long as you believe in Jesus for your salvation.

Yes they sure would love that you know why ? cause then they get to keep their wealth.

Lets look at how some people would like the story to go.........................

And then Jesus said unto the rich man, be perfect, sell all you have, and come follow me.Then the rich man went away full of sorrow, for he had much.

Then Jesus said..............DUDE I am just kidding, you can keep all wealth, you just have to believe that I am lord and saviour and be of the view that my work is what save you not anything you do yourself.

Then the rich man said, so if I do that I get to keep my wealth and get into heaven ? then Jesus said unto him, that's right. Then the rich man said, thanks Jesus your awesome.

But that isn't how the story goes is it ?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 10:09:53 AM
At 8/1/2015 6:23:46 AM, graceofgod wrote:
Empty words in a Story book!

If only the isrealites were under the law why did Jesus have to day for the sins of the world??
Story book jebus couldn't do that, Deut. 24:16 & Ezek. 18:20 say so!

satan was cast out, his ability to enter was taken away, it was a given ability based on him being an angel, not a person who was saved and had a right to be in heaven under the plan of redemption...
My Young's Literal Translation makes NO mention of the term Satan so why is it not in that bible?

Nor is it in the narrative of the EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT NT version!

Do you even know what the Hebrew Term ' Satan ' means?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 2:33:39 PM
At 8/1/2015 10:09:53 AM, Composer wrote:
Empty words in a Story book!

Story book jebus couldn't do that, Deut. 24:16 & Ezek. 18:20 say so!

My Young's Literal Translation makes NO mention of the term Satan so why is it not in that bible?

Nor is it in the narrative of the EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT NT version!

Do you even know what the Hebrew Term ' Satan ' means?
satan means adversary, anti...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 2:42:21 PM

It's easy to get into heaven, just be stupid and your in.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
firewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 3:03:19 PM
So am I right that it is very hard or not? If not please give an explanation why. : ;

I don't believe in places called Heaven or Hell so it's impossible for me to go to either one.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 3:13:53 PM
At 8/1/2015 2:42:21 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I should see you there then..lol
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 3:19:37 PM
At 8/1/2015 3:13:53 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 8/1/2015 2:42:21 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I should see you there then..lol

Since revealing your level of stupidity so easily and abundantly, it's kinda like shooting fish in a barrel. Feel free at any time to show others their levels of stupidity, if you can. It is welcomed.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 3:20:46 PM

So all you have to is have faith and, "you'll be saved by the blood of Jesus, just have faith"? lol

Which world did He die for? Hebrews 11:3 says that there is more than one world, so which world did Christ die for? Kosmos just says world; universe, it doesn't say which world. So did Christ die for Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc.... which world did He die for?

Hahahahah so Satan is underneath the earth right now, with a pitch fork in his hand, with two horns poking at people and torturing people for eternity? lol
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 3:39:39 PM
At 8/1/2015 3:20:46 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

So all you have to is have faith and, "you'll be saved by the blood of Jesus, just have faith"? lol

Which world did He die for? Hebrews 11:3 says that there is more than one world, so which world did Christ die for? Kosmos just says world; universe, it doesn't say which world. So did Christ die for Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc.... which world did He die for?

Hahahahah so Satan is underneath the earth right now, with a pitch fork in his hand, with two horns poking at people and torturing people for eternity? lol

yep the word says whomsoever believes on Jesus shall have eternal life...

we covered this the world, you remember surely Kosmo......

satan is the prince of the air, working hard on the earth to stop people of faith...

don't think he has a pitchfork though..lol