Jump to topic:

Christians don't think they have any morals

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 7:47:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you think you have to be told what is right and wrong, then how can you really believe you have morals? Why do you need a book to tell you what is ethical. Can you not figure out for yourself that it is wrong to kill and lie?

It makes more sense that morals are innate, and a sense of right and wrong comes naturally.
Mike.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 7:58:58 PM
As I keep posting, the bible and the NT is full of IMMORAL acts and the Mosaic laws were mostly barbaric and not even Christians would uphold most of them today. Yet these same people think the bible was/is the word of God and so, Objective and not subjective.

I wish people would THINK IF the ten commandments came to give us all morality. Did the Hebrews BEFORE the ten commandments think it was OK to kill, rape and steal others property? Secondly how did they think other cultures and nations came by their moral standards without the bible or knowing anything about a Monotheist God?

Most secular nations have greater moral teachings than ever scripture teaches. Of course Christians will never accept that and think we have all gone to the dogs of evil.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:27:04 PM
At 8/1/2015 7:47:35 PM, janesix wrote:
If you think you have to be told what is right and wrong, then how can you really believe you have morals? Why do you need a book to tell you what is ethical. Can you not figure out for yourself that it is wrong to kill and lie?

It makes more sense that morals are innate, and a sense of right and wrong comes naturally.
I think morals ARE inate in some of us. And I dont think you have to be a Christian to have good morals. but you are mistaken when you say we need the Church or God to tell us right from wrong. better to say that they help us and strengthen us. Affirm us. like if you are in good health but you go to a gym. would I say you need that gym to make you fit or else you would be in terrible health and coldn't be fit and exercise on your own? No i wouldnt'
God Bless!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 9:31:21 PM
At 8/1/2015 7:58:58 PM, Mike.com wrote:
As I keep posting, the bible and the NT is full of IMMORAL acts and the Mosaic laws were mostly barbaric and not even Christians would uphold most of them today. Yet these same people think the bible was/is the word of God and so, Objective and not subjective.

I wish people would THINK IF the ten commandments came to give us all morality. Did the Hebrews BEFORE the ten commandments think it was OK to kill, rape and steal others property? Secondly how did they think other cultures and nations came by their moral standards without the bible or knowing anything about a Monotheist God?

Most secular nations have greater moral teachings than ever scripture teaches. Of course Christians will never accept that and think we have all gone to the dogs of evil.

Hey Mike! Well you know I am a Christian and I agree with all of that you say. Except of course for last sentence. Some of the Mosaic laws and the stuff YWHW were awful. Jesus even knew this. The main diff between Him and the Pharisees was they taught and put importance on Law, and JC put the emphasis on Grace. Saying Law was made for man and not Man for Law.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2015 10:41:03 PM
At 8/1/2015 7:47:35 PM, janesix wrote:

The scriptures are simply a guideline, I don't need it to teach me morals, it is something one person can apply but no need for another, depending where one is individually, we are all on different levels but make no mistake there will be plenty for you to consume and apply :)

They most certainly can be...
Hebrews 10
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;