Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

global Flood Evidence???

icetiger200
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 2:09:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey a few hours ago I ran into a website that had evidence of a global Flood like in Genesis https://answersingenesis.org...

Here is my refutation

1. Continental drift.

2. Rapid burial is a prerequisite for fossilization. Dead animals which are not buried rapidly will be exposed to the elements and not fossilize.

3. The Coconino sandstone is a desert sandstone. It wasn't deposited by a flood.

The white cliffs of Dover are made from chalk which is deposited at a rate of only a few centimeters per 1000 years.

For the chalk beds to have formed during the flood (371 days), this would've required the deposition rate to increase by a factor of around 80,000X.

This is a massive problem, but it gets even worse. All of the churning floodwater and massive global currents would actually disrupt the formation of the chalk beds, as they only form in calm shallow water.

4. Yeah, sediments can travel long distances. I don't see how this is evidence of a global flood. Wind, rivers, etc do this all on their own.

5. That's not true. We find Paleosols between many layers. Paleosols with plant roots and animal burrows in them. If these rock layers were laid down by a flood we wouldn't expect to see this between layers.

6. That depends on the conditions. Hard rocks can bend without breaking by a number of different mechanisms. And there's plenty of evidence of brittle deformation anyway.A279;

If you think that I am incorrect then please try to correct me.
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 3:30:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can't find global flood evidence. Most geologists gave up on a global flood back in the early 1900's. There was just too much evidence against it. Since the early 1900's there has been an enormous amount of evidence for an old earth.
1. Mt Everest and the yellow band. This yellow band runs through the bottom of the ocean south of India. It shows up in all of the Himalaya's, including on Mt. Everest at the 25,000 foot level. They also have used lasers to pin-point how much Mt. Everest grows every year. They've also used instruments to show that one plate rams into the Asian plate and pushes the mountains upward, proving that Mt. Everest used to be a part of the sea floor.
2. They have found the remains of tropical forests under the ground in Nevada, proving that North America was once at the equator.
3. The sea floor has certain rocks that are magnetized. The atoms in these rocks point either north or south, depending on when the lava that created them oozed out of the ocean floor due to sea floor spreading. When the lava hardened the atoms pointed north when magnetic north was at the north pole. The atoms pointed south when magnetic north was at the south pole. Through many experiments they learned that the pole's shift over thousands of years. They were able to count the strips of magnetized rock from the center of the Atlantic all the way to North America. This shows an earth that is over a billion years old.

It still amazes me that preachers are trying to preach a young earth. Aren't they curious as to what is really going on with the earth? I personally want to know truth. I want to know what is really taking place.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 6:02:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
the main problem that comes to mind when i hear "global flood"
is noah's ark itself, if the story in the bible is accurate, then noah only had 1 week to load up 2 of every land and air species on the planet.
7 days X 24 hours x 60 min x 60 seconds = 604,800 seconds
that would mean that if 8 people actually loaded 1 species every second for 7 days
then only 605,000 species, including dinosaurs, unicorns, etc. would be able to get onto the ark. considering there are way more than 605,000 species of insects on the planet.
then i find the entire story totally absurd
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:25:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There is no evidence of a global flood! The flood story in the Bible is not credible in the slightest. How would the ark hold two of every species on Earth? How did they collect the animals not native to the Middle East, like kangaroos? How did they manage to feed all those creatures? How did they manage to replace all the humans killed in the flood? Noah and his family must have been bonking like rabbits for a very long time! Anyone believing story to be true is so unbelievably gullible and then some!
Alpha3141
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 12:53:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 2:09:24 AM, icetiger200 wrote:
Hey a few hours ago I ran into a website that had evidence of a global Flood like in Genesis https://answersingenesis.org...

Here is my refutation


1. Continental drift.

2. Rapid burial is a prerequisite for fossilization. Dead animals which are not buried rapidly will be exposed to the elements and not fossilize.

3. The Coconino sandstone is a desert sandstone. It wasn't deposited by a flood.

The white cliffs of Dover are made from chalk which is deposited at a rate of only a few centimeters per 1000 years.

For the chalk beds to have formed during the flood (371 days), this would've required the deposition rate to increase by a factor of around 80,000X.

This is a massive problem, but it gets even worse. All of the churning floodwater and massive global currents would actually disrupt the formation of the chalk beds, as they only form in calm shallow water.

4. Yeah, sediments can travel long distances. I don't see how this is evidence of a global flood. Wind, rivers, etc do this all on their own.

5. That's not true. We find Paleosols between many layers. Paleosols with plant roots and animal burrows in them. If these rock layers were laid down by a flood we wouldn't expect to see this between layers.

6. That depends on the conditions. Hard rocks can bend without breaking by a number of different mechanisms. And there's plenty of evidence of brittle deformation anyway.A279;


If you think that I am incorrect then please try to correct me.

I don't really see how anything you stated disproves a global flood
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 1:55:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 12:53:35 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
At 8/2/2015 2:09:24 AM, icetiger200 wrote:
Hey a few hours ago I ran into a website that had evidence of a global Flood like in Genesis https://answersingenesis.org...

Here is my refutation


1. Continental drift.

2. Rapid burial is a prerequisite for fossilization. Dead animals which are not buried rapidly will be exposed to the elements and not fossilize.

3. The Coconino sandstone is a desert sandstone. It wasn't deposited by a flood.

The white cliffs of Dover are made from chalk which is deposited at a rate of only a few centimeters per 1000 years.

For the chalk beds to have formed during the flood (371 days), this would've required the deposition rate to increase by a factor of around 80,000X.

This is a massive problem, but it gets even worse. All of the churning floodwater and massive global currents would actually disrupt the formation of the chalk beds, as they only form in calm shallow water.

4. Yeah, sediments can travel long distances. I don't see how this is evidence of a global flood. Wind, rivers, etc do this all on their own.

5. That's not true. We find Paleosols between many layers. Paleosols with plant roots and animal burrows in them. If these rock layers were laid down by a flood we wouldn't expect to see this between layers.

6. That depends on the conditions. Hard rocks can bend without breaking by a number of different mechanisms. And there's plenty of evidence of brittle deformation anyway.A279;


If you think that I am incorrect then please try to correct me.

I don't really see how anything you stated disproves a global flood

That's ok, because he burden of proof isn't on him.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 2:24:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 12:51:28 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
The bible doesn't say "2 of every species".

So you're saying lots of species evolved since the mythical flood? How about humans then, if they were all killed off apart from Noah and his family how did the guy repopulate the world and how did people with different skin colours come about?
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 5:26:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 2:24:06 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/2/2015 12:51:28 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
The bible doesn't say "2 of every species".

So you're saying lots of species evolved since the mythical flood? How about humans then, if they were all killed off apart from Noah and his family how did the guy repopulate the world and how did people with different skin colours come about?

God stole Harry's wand.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 7:46:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 2:09:24 AM, icetiger200 wrote:
1. Continental drift.

I think the greatest evidence for great flood is the continents. The movements that they have are just result of the great flood now that they are slightly recovering after the event and after oil and gas fields are shrinking.

According to the Bible, great flood came when the fountains of great deep were burst open. That I understand means that the one original continent was broken and partially collapsed while most of the water below the continent flooded and carried dust and other stuff causing for example sediment strata, fossils and begins of oil/gas fields.

Here is more about this and also some pictures to explain the event.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 8:43:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 7:46:11 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 8/2/2015 2:09:24 AM, icetiger200 wrote:
1. Continental drift.

I think the greatest evidence for great flood is the continents. The movements that they have are just result of the great flood now that they are slightly recovering after the event and after oil and gas fields are shrinking.

According to the Bible, great flood came when the fountains of great deep were burst open. That I understand means that the one original continent was broken and partially collapsed while most of the water below the continent flooded and carried dust and other stuff causing for example sediment strata, fossils and begins of oil/gas fields.

Here is more about this and also some pictures to explain the event.

http://www.kolumbus.fi...

Yep Pangea broke up 200million years ago. Is that when noah's mythical flood happened?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 9:09:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 12:53:35 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
At 8/2/2015 2:09:24 AM, icetiger200 wrote:
Hey a few hours ago I ran into a website that had evidence of a global Flood like in Genesis https://answersingenesis.org...

Here is my refutation


1. Continental drift.

2. Rapid burial is a prerequisite for fossilization. Dead animals which are not buried rapidly will be exposed to the elements and not fossilize.

3. The Coconino sandstone is a desert sandstone. It wasn't deposited by a flood.

The white cliffs of Dover are made from chalk which is deposited at a rate of only a few centimeters per 1000 years.

For the chalk beds to have formed during the flood (371 days), this would've required the deposition rate to increase by a factor of around 80,000X.

This is a massive problem, but it gets even worse. All of the churning floodwater and massive global currents would actually disrupt the formation of the chalk beds, as they only form in calm shallow water.

4. Yeah, sediments can travel long distances. I don't see how this is evidence of a global flood. Wind, rivers, etc do this all on their own.

5. That's not true. We find Paleosols between many layers. Paleosols with plant roots and animal burrows in them. If these rock layers were laid down by a flood we wouldn't expect to see this between layers.

6. That depends on the conditions. Hard rocks can bend without breaking by a number of different mechanisms. And there's plenty of evidence of brittle deformation anyway.A279;


If you think that I am incorrect then please try to correct me.

I don't really see how anything you stated disproves a global flood

He is refuting the cited evidence of a global flood. There are innumerable other examples of facts that render a global flood absolute bunk. Obviously, these are not cited by AiG :)
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:36:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 12:51:28 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
The bible doesn't say "2 of every species".

if noah loaded animals, then they had to be at least 2 of a species
otherwise they couldn't reproduce any viable offspring
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 10:48:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 10:36:45 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/2/2015 12:51:28 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
The bible doesn't say "2 of every species".

if noah loaded animals, then they had to be at least 2 of a species
otherwise they couldn't reproduce any viable offspring

And yet Mary reproduced without a partner.

Checkmate atheist.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:58:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 10:48:58 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/2/2015 10:36:45 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 8/2/2015 12:51:28 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
The bible doesn't say "2 of every species".

if noah loaded animals, then they had to be at least 2 of a species
otherwise they couldn't reproduce any viable offspring

And yet Mary reproduced without a partner.

Checkmate atheist.

LOL, oh please, virgin births happen once a month on the maury show
i even have kids with women, that i never had sex with (in vetro fertilization)
besides isaac being born from a woman past menopause was a much better trick
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:05:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 12:01:45 AM, Alpha3141 wrote:
Animals would change after Noah's flood into what we say today by natural selection
Yeah, it's called RAPID evolution.
LMFAO
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Alpha3141
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:08:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 12:05:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:01:45 AM, Alpha3141 wrote:
Animals would change after Noah's flood into what we say today by natural selection
Yeah, it's called RAPID evolution.
LMFAO

That's a strange thing of calling it. It depends on your definition of evolution
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:49:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?

Both that and Noah's ark! Sure I can send a pic...
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:50:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 12:49:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?

Both that and Noah's ark! Sure I can send a pic...

Stand in front of it naked, so I know the picture is legit and not some photoshopped crap of of Google search
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:00:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 12:50:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:49:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?

Both that and Noah's ark! Sure I can send a pic...

Stand in front of it naked, so I know the picture is legit and not some photoshopped crap of of Google search

In front of the boat as well? OK! ;)
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:05:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 1:00:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:50:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:49:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?

Both that and Noah's ark! Sure I can send a pic...

Stand in front of it naked, so I know the picture is legit and not some photoshopped crap of of Google search

In front of the boat as well? OK! ;)

Actually I heard the boat was in Alaska or something, you may want to wear a coat for that one, and some mittens.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:07:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 1:05:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 1:00:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:50:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:49:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?

Both that and Noah's ark! Sure I can send a pic...

Stand in front of it naked, so I know the picture is legit and not some photoshopped crap of of Google search

In front of the boat as well? OK! ;)

Actually I heard the boat was in Alaska or something, you may want to wear a coat for that one, and some mittens.

It's in my garden, next to the Russian dwarf! So I'm gonna be totally naked...
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:10:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 1:07:46 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 1:05:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 1:00:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:50:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:49:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:30:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/3/2015 12:18:00 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Hm, I am personally in possession of the ark, so...

The arc of the covenant? Don't touch it. Can you send me a picture?

Both that and Noah's ark! Sure I can send a pic...

Stand in front of it naked, so I know the picture is legit and not some photoshopped crap of of Google search

In front of the boat as well? OK! ;)

Actually I heard the boat was in Alaska or something, you may want to wear a coat for that one, and some mittens.

It's in my garden, next to the Russian dwarf! So I'm gonna be totally naked...

Thank god, now there will be no question of it's authenticity.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 8:05:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/2/2015 5:26:42 PM, bulproof wrote:
Show me the water.

So God can create the water but your question seems to imply said God would not then have the ability to dispose of the water. Not sure where the logic is.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 8:09:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/3/2015 8:05:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 8/2/2015 5:26:42 PM, bulproof wrote:
Show me the water.

So God can create the water but your question seems to imply said God would not then have the ability to dispose of the water. Not sure where the logic is.

Citation that supports this claim? Or are you just fabricating something to pacify yourself?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin