Jump to topic:

A Gift for you on my Anniversery!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:45:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My Christian Brethren.......Today marks the 15-month Anniversary since I was Saved by God. Saved with His Grace and also he Saved my Live. As part of my thanks and commemoration today, I did some Bible reading after Church. For fun I thought it would be fitting to read both Psalm and Proverbs #15.
It came to me that I want to share the latter with you since its fitting for DDO. I notice some anger and wrath in some members, both from Christians but especially from a few Atheists. It is my prayer they can use these wide words in the Psalm. We ALL can, including of course myself. My hope is that one day the Atheists are also Saved by the Lord so they can enjoy the enriched and Graceful life us Christians do. God Bless.

Psalm 15:1-5

A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.

2The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge,
but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.

3The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
4The soothing tongue is a tree of life,
but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit.

5A fool spurns a parent"s discipline,
but whoever heeds correction shows prudence.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:04:21 AM
Thank you Lord!

If I may, my brothers. If you want to read my Testimony on being Saved--my Salvation Experience, you may find it here on post #22. God Bless.

http://www.debate.org...
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 2:53:04 AM
At 8/3/2015 1:04:21 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Happy anniversary and God bless, my brother.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
bobar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 5:02:43 AM
At 8/3/2015 12:45:10 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
My Christian Brethren.......Today marks the 15-month Anniversary since I was Saved by God. Saved with His Grace and also he Saved my Live. As part of my thanks and commemoration today, I did some Bible reading after Church. For fun I thought it would be fitting to read both Psalm and Proverbs #15.
It came to me that I want to share the latter with you since its fitting for DDO. I notice some anger and wrath in some members, both from Christians but especially from a few Atheists. It is my prayer they can use these wide words in the Psalm. We ALL can, including of course myself. My hope is that one day the Atheists are also Saved by the Lord so they can enjoy the enriched and Graceful life us Christians do. God Bless.

: :

All God's people including atheists will be saved from their wicked flesh and wake up in the righteousness that they were created as.

The veil is the flesh that was formed in this world called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This veil ( tree of the knowledge of good and evil, known as this world ) hid the tree of life from God's people;

Genesis 3
24: He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Isaiah 25: 6-9
6: On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined.
7: And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations.
8: He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.
9: It will be said on that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

Salvation is for ALL God's people, not just the heathens who call themselves Christians.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:01:01 AM
At 8/3/2015 5:02:43 AM, bobar wrote:

All God's people including atheists will be saved from their wicked flesh and wake up in the righteousness that they were created as.

The veil is the flesh that was formed in this world called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This veil ( tree of the knowledge of good and evil, known as this world ) hid the tree of life from God's people;

Genesis 3
24: He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

6: On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined.
7: And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations.
8: He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.
9: It will be said on that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

Salvation is for ALL God's people, not just the heathens who call themselves Christians.

Interesting that you specifically target Christians as "heathens" then laud everyone who doesn't repent. Take note of v.10-12, if you want to be true to the Word:

The hand of the Lord will rest on this mountain;
but Moab will be trampled in their land
as straw is trampled down in the manure.
They will stretch out their hands in it,
as swimmers stretch out their hands to swim.
God will bring down their pride
despite the cleverness of their hands.
He will bring down your high fortified walls
and lay them low;
he will bring them down to the ground,
to the very dust.

"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Draconius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:06:48 AM

Thank you ever so much!!!

Human nature.

Poetic symbolism - no god required.

Myth and legend - aka: bull5hit.

Christians would be better off learning to embody the meaning behind this.

So, then, islamic children are right to continue believing in the divinity of the Qur'an? Insert, of course, religion of choice and associated "holy" script. With this last passage, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. They were a GREAT belly laugh.
I have no problem with the existence of a "god." It is the behavior of his fan clubs that frightens me to no end...
bobar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:56:12 AM
At 8/3/2015 6:01:01 AM, Skynet wrote:

Genesis 3

Interesting that you specifically target Christians as "heathens" then laud everyone who doesn't repent. Take note of v.10-12, if you want to be true to the Word:

and lay them low;
to the very dust.

"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny." : :

The adversary is the flesh you sleep with every night. All flesh will perish during this first age. The flesh that's writing this post knows it will be killed soon according to God's will.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 5:19:53 PM
At 8/3/2015 2:53:04 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/3/2015 1:04:21 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Happy anniversary and God bless, my brother.

Thank you!! You've very kind.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 5:57:21 PM
I notice some anger and wrath in some members, both from Christians but especially from a few Atheists.

It sure is interesting how believers confuse side splitting laughter with anger and wrath. Perhaps, that is how they exhibit and portray laughter. Very strange, indeed. Of course, with SoM in his new disguise, he has to take the focus away from his deceit.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:37:02 PM
At 8/3/2015 5:57:21 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
I notice some anger and wrath in some members, both from Christians but especially from a few Atheists.

It sure is interesting how believers confuse side splitting laughter with anger and wrath. Perhaps, that is how they exhibit and portray laughter. Very strange, indeed. Of course, with SoM in his new disguise, he has to take the focus away from his deceit.

Thank you MAF, but no deceit here. I sort of miss it sometimes, when i was Atheist I would lie just for fun. But God wont let me now. well thats a little unaccurate since its more like I just cant do it, like a physicil impossibility. like in that movie with jim Carrey. LOL. once again I as a humble servant of God stand by all that I say here on DDO. I confess my sins daily. well, nightly. I just have nothin left to hide! you should try it! (will you let me help you?)
God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:39:46 PM

Genesis 3

Hey Brad!
I know Im going to regret this, but I have to ask: why do you call us Christians "heathens?" and then, if not by being Christian how do you think people attain Salvation? what method do you use? God Bless.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 11:02:29 PM
At 8/3/2015 6:56:12 AM, bobar wrote:
At 8/3/2015 6:01:01 AM, Skynet wrote:

Genesis 3

and lay them low;
to the very dust.

"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny." : :

The adversary is the flesh you sleep with every night. All flesh will perish during this first age. The flesh that's writing this post knows it will be killed soon according to God's will.

No, the adversary is God in this case. Our flesh will not take us to court and have us thrown in hell. Our flesh does not have a case against us, God does.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.