Jump to topic:

A question to Christians about salvation

joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:45:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If Jesus had never been betrayed and crucified, and instead died of natural causes later in life, do you believe that salvation would still be possible?
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:11:50 PM
At 8/3/2015 9:45:37 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:
If Jesus had never been betrayed and crucified, and instead died of natural causes later in life, do you believe that salvation would still be possible?

Sure I do. God would have found another way. well, to be honest even though Im a Christian I just dont believe that being Saved, attaining Salvation, can only be done through belief in Jesus Christ. Im not even sure I buy into that hole dogma of Him being God's sacrifice for us, so that whomever shall believe...yadda yadda John 3:14. LOL.
Truth is, God only knows who He will Salvage. Who He will Save. And guess what? If He decides its YOU, well you cant resist it. You WILL be Saved. Calvin called this Irresistible Grace. not all believe that way but I do. Are you thinking of getting back to the Word? I notice this is your second post today about Hell and Salvation. I was an Atheist too before getting Saved 15 months ago. Maybe think about it, brother? It all can start with one small Prayer.
God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
I_know
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:41:10 PM
If Jesus had never been betrayed and crucified, and instead died of natural causes later in life, do you believe that salvation would still be possible? : :

Yes. God planned to save ALL His people from their wicked flesh and the world that the flesh moves about in. God used Jesus and the rest of us saints to tell His chosen believers that everyone will be saved by the end of this age.
I_know
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:43:13 PM
At 8/3/2015 10:11:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Sure I do. God would have found another way. well, to be honest even though Im a Christian I just dont believe that being Saved, attaining Salvation, can only be done through belief in Jesus Christ. Im not even sure I buy into that hole dogma of Him being God's sacrifice for us, so that whomever shall believe...yadda yadda John 3:14. LOL.
Truth is, God only knows who He will Salvage. Who He will Save. And guess what? If He decides its YOU, well you cant resist it. You WILL be Saved. Calvin called this Irresistible Grace. not all believe that way but I do. Are you thinking of getting back to the Word? I notice this is your second post today about Hell and Salvation. I was an Atheist too before getting Saved 15 months ago. Maybe think about it, brother? It all can start with one small Prayer.
God Bless. : :

Jesus was a saint like the rest of God's saints who testify to His knowledge and learn about the past, present and future. Once we learn who we are ( the voice of the Lord ), then we go out and preach the gospel to find God's chosen believers and witness to them. All God's other people are left out of this gospel until Paradise, when they awaken in their new flesh.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 11:27:05 PM

When truth is silenced, the way is hindered, and darkness rules, Jesus has been crucified in the flesh. When oppression ceases, the eternal way, truth, and light is returns to the flesh, and Jesus has risen again. You can not extinguish The Truth, it is eternal independent of human bias.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:56:17 AM
At 8/3/2015 10:41:10 PM, I_know wrote:
If Jesus had never been betrayed and crucified, and instead died of natural causes later in life, do you believe that salvation would still be possible? : :

Yes. God planned to save ALL His people from their wicked flesh and the world that the flesh moves about in. God used Jesus and the rest of us saints to tell His chosen believers that everyone will be saved by the end of this age.

When I said "variety" I didn't mean multiple accounts at once LOL!!!!
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:04:54 AM
At 8/4/2015 12:56:17 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

When I said "variety" I didn't mean multiple accounts at once LOL!!!! : :

LOL !!!!! I_know was banned earlier today.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:13:56 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:04:54 AM, pbarnum wrote:

You really like this place huh?
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:16:16 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:13:56 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You really like this place huh? : :

I'm here to witness to God's chosen believers. With the knowledge I possess, some of them will learn about the future and that Jesus is not our Lord and Savior. A few have learned about God's beast and exactly how He created everything.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:21:38 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:16:16 AM, pbarnum wrote:

I'm here to witness to God's chosen believers. With the knowledge I possess, some of them will learn about the future and that Jesus is not our Lord and Savior. A few have learned about God's beast and exactly how He created everything.

But this is a debate site not a podium, that is part of the problem, you are ignoring the format and unlawfully disturbing the place. If you actually contributed something rather than coercion and attention seeking you may have been permitted to hang around.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:30:14 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:21:38 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

But this is a debate site not a podium, that is part of the problem, you are ignoring the format and unlawfully disturbing the place. If you actually contributed something rather than coercion and attention seeking you may have been permitted to hang around. : :

I haven't seen anyone in this forum debating each other and come to an agreement. Each member comes in here to share information that they believe in and then argue their stance on such beliefs.

I'm here to find God's chosen believers and witness to them. I have debated many members in this forum in the same way they're doing so with scriptures, videos, websites, etc.

What makes me unwanted is the information that both atheists and Christians reject. They don't like it when I tell them how God created everything or how His beast operates in the minds of men. They don't like it when I say Jesus is not the Lord and Savior. E
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:49:22 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:30:14 AM, pbarnum wrote:

But this is a debate site not a podium, that is part of the problem, you are ignoring the format and unlawfully disturbing the place. If you actually contributed something rather than coercion and attention seeking you may have been permitted to hang around. : :

I haven't seen anyone in this forum debating each other and come to an agreement. Each member comes in here to share information that they believe in and then argue their stance on such beliefs.

I'm here to find God's chosen believers and witness to them. I have debated many members in this forum in the same way they're doing so with scriptures, videos, websites, etc.

What makes me unwanted is the information that both atheists and Christians reject. They don't like it when I tell them how God created everything or how His beast operates in the minds of men. They don't like it when I say Jesus is not the Lord and Savior. E

I personally don't give a rats bottom what you do but do you see me speaking against you in every post? No, I speak for my own beliefs and from my own life. I don't need to drag others in my discussions as you do every time you speak against Christians. I'm not fully sure what your problem is but obviously you were hangin around some wack believers because your opinions are seriously shady.

Just about every opinion I've seen come from you about Christianity has been false, does that not strike you as odd?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:52:15 AM

Well its human nature I suppose that nobody likes to be told how things are and that their opinions are wrong or worthless. this is what you seem to be doing. its not going to go over well. you say you have debated many members here? but yet you have only 10 posts? So Im guessing you got banned and are back? probably not for the first time? you may want to ask yourself why you have to keep sneaking back? why you are so unpopular? Do your remember how Jesus used to call out the Pharisees all the time? And what He told us about False Prophets and hypocrites? I think if you think about all those things I mentioned and amend your approach here to other members you'll fair better. As a brother i God Im trying not to get angry or annoyed with you. I have tried to put all that behind me. my past is full of it and it almost killed me. When God saved me I made a deal to help others and not hurt anybody. This is all Im trying to do.
God Bless
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:53:44 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:49:22 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

I personally don't give a rats bottom what you do but do you see me speaking against you in every post? No, I speak for my own beliefs and from my own life. I don't need to drag others in my discussions as you do every time you speak against Christians. I'm not fully sure what your problem is but obviously you were hangin around some wack believers because your opinions are seriously shady.

Just about every opinion I've seen come from you about Christianity has been false, does that not strike you as odd? : :

I don't speak opinions. I can only speak and write the words God puts in my mind. Christianity is a false religion that came out of God's beast, which are thoughts that God uses to teach His people how to build things with their human hands.

Christianity was formed by antichrists during the time the saints were being used by God to testify to His knowledge. Antichrists stole their words and mixed them with their Jewish traditions and pagan ideas that go way back to the old Babylonian cultures.

Most Christians hate the Truth and I expect that when I go around town here in Campbell, preaching the only gospel of God that exists.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:56:59 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:52:15 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Well its human nature I suppose that nobody likes to be told how things are and that their opinions are wrong or worthless. this is what you seem to be doing. its not going to go over well. you say you have debated many members here? but yet you have only 10 posts? So Im guessing you got banned and are back? probably not for the first time? you may want to ask yourself why you have to keep sneaking back? why you are so unpopular? Do your remember how Jesus used to call out the Pharisees all the time? And what He told us about False Prophets and hypocrites? I think if you think about all those things I mentioned and amend your approach here to other members you'll fair better. As a brother i God Im trying not to get angry or annoyed with you. I have tried to put all that behind me. my past is full of it and it almost killed me. When God saved me I made a deal to help others and not hurt anybody. This is all Im trying to do.
God Bless : :

I know exactly what Jesus and the rest of God's saints experienced. I'm His last saint to testify to His knowledge. Every one of us saints are killed for testifying to the Word of the Lord ( God's knowledge ). I know why, where and how I will be killed for testifying to His word this past 7 years.

Christian pastors can be killed too but none of them know God or have been used to testify to His knowledge. None of them know why, where and how they will be killed.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:57:06 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:53:44 AM, pbarnum wrote:

Just about every opinion I've seen come from you about Christianity has been false, does that not strike you as odd? : :

I don't speak opinions. I can only speak and write the words God puts in my mind.

Uh huh. That's what you said pertaining to Jan, 2015, i. e. that God put the thoughts into your mind. It turns out that you lied. God hasn't put any thoughts into YOUR mind.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:58:34 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:57:06 AM, annanicole wrote:

I don't speak opinions. I can only speak and write the words God puts in my mind.

Uh huh. That's what you said pertaining to Jan, 2015, i. e. that God put the thoughts into your mind. It turns out that you lied. God hasn't put any thoughts into YOUR mind. : ;

I have told you many times that God never gave me the exact date of when the flesh that's writing this post will be killed. When are you going to accept this fact?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:59:30 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:58:34 AM, pbarnum wrote:

Uh huh. That's what you said pertaining to Jan, 2015, i. e. that God put the thoughts into your mind. It turns out that you lied. God hasn't put any thoughts into YOUR mind. : ;

I have told you many times that God never gave me the exact date of when the flesh that's writing this post will be killed. When are you going to accept this fact?

No, you said He gave you the "exact date" BY WHICH you would be killed.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:01:50 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:59:30 AM, annanicole wrote:

No, you said He gave you the "exact date" BY WHICH you would be killed. : :

Never once did I tell anyone the exact date of when Brad would be killed. I gave them a variety of dates that I thought I might be killed but Brad was wrong and was humbled once again by God who never gave me the exact date.

You are stuck with a thought that keeps you from listening to the voice of the Lord.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:03:35 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:01:50 AM, pbarnum wrote:

Never once did I tell anyone the exact date of when Brad would be killed.

Oh, SchizoBrad, YOU told us that God informed you of the EXACT DATE by which you would be killed, i. e. the latest possible date. Quit trying to beat around the by saying, "The exact ON WHICH I would be killed." It was "BY WHICH".
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:07:01 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:03:35 AM, annanicole wrote:

Oh, SchizoBrad, YOU told us that God informed you of the EXACT DATE by which you would be killed, i. e. the latest possible date. Quit trying to beat around the by saying, "The exact ON WHICH I would be killed." It was "BY WHICH". : :

I never told any of God's believers the EXACT DATE of when I thought I would be killed. God NEVER told me the EXACT DATE. This means Brad was left by God to interpret a prophecy about his death that he had no business interpreting.

God had already told me why, how and where Brad would be killed but He NEVER told me the EXACT DATE of when Brad would be killed.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:34:40 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:07:01 AM, pbarnum wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:03:35 AM, annanicole wrote:

Oh, SchizoBrad, YOU told us that God informed you of the EXACT DATE by which you would be killed, i. e. the latest possible date. Quit trying to beat around the by saying, "The exact ON WHICH I would be killed." It was "BY WHICH". : :

I never told any of God's believers the EXACT DATE of when I thought I would be killed. God NEVER told me the EXACT DATE. This means Brad was left by God to interpret a prophecy about his death that he had no business interpreting.

God had already told me why, how and where Brad would be killed but He NEVER told me the EXACT DATE of when Brad would be killed.

God didn't tell you ANY of it, Brad. Not a bit.

Would you like me to direct you wayyyyyyyyy back to your post of over a year ago in which you emphatically stated that God directed you to a prophesy by which He informed you of the date BY WHICH you would be killed?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:19:06 AM

I don't speak opinions. I can only speak and write the words God puts in my mind. Christianity is a false religion that came out of God's beast, which are thoughts that God uses to teach His people how to build things with their human hands.

Christianity was formed by antichrists during the time the saints were being used by God to testify to His knowledge. Antichrists stole their words and mixed them with their Jewish traditions and pagan ideas that go way back to the old Babylonian cultures.

Most Christians hate the Truth and I expect that when I go around town here in Campbell, preaching the only gospel of God that exists.

Allow me to remind you of what a Christian is briefly....

ONE THAT FOLLOWS THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS.

Now that we got that out of the way let me put that into something practical for ya.

Following the teachings of Jesus is a spiritual path and an avenue that connects us with the Spirit of the Father. We abide in God by following what Jesus taught by applying it, now show me what Jesus taught you have a problem with precisely and then I can elaborate further.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:41:24 AM
At 8/4/2015 3:19:06 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Now that we got that out of the way let me put that into something practical for ya.

Following the teachings of Jesus is a spiritual path and an avenue that connects us with the Spirit of the Father. We abide in God by following what Jesus taught by applying it, now show me what Jesus taught you have a problem with precisely and then I can elaborate further. : :

Jesus and I came from the same mind of our Father and were used to testify to His knowledge. All the other saints such as Peter, Timothy, Paul, etc witnessed the same exact gospel that Jesus and I preach. The gospel is the voice of the Lord.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 7:19:35 PM
At 8/4/2015 3:41:24 AM, pbarnum wrote:

Following the teachings of Jesus is a spiritual path and an avenue that connects us with the Spirit of the Father. We abide in God by following what Jesus taught by applying it, now show me what Jesus taught you have a problem with precisely and then I can elaborate further. : :

Jesus and I came from the same mind of our Father and were used to testify to His knowledge. All the other saints such as Peter, Timothy, Paul, etc witnessed the same exact gospel that Jesus and I preach. The gospel is the voice of the Lord.

So did Adam and Eve and the serpent and all of creation come from the mind of God. So what is new? Everyone reads the same gospels,so what is new? The Gospels are the teachings of The Lord.....so what is new?
Your simulation nonsense is borrowed from John Campbell. You invisible waves is borrowed from string theory. Your God delusion is alcohol inspired. Your obsession to preach is proportional to the free time you have living as a homeless beggar. Your disconnect is caused by your diminished mental capacity.
You cannot separate yourself from the deformed physically and mentally handicap body of Brad Holkesvig. You are caught in a schizoid dilemma. How a nobody can be a somebody without the other persons permission?
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 7:32:25 PM

Prior to Jesus, salvation was possible through the old covenant. So yes, it would have been. It's a rather moot question, though, since the entire point of him coming here was to die.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:59:03 PM
At 8/4/2015 3:41:24 AM, pbarnum wrote:

You don't preach what Jesus preaches, not even one jot or tittle.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 10:37:06 PM

No, Jesus would have a harder time convincing anyone he fulfilled the prophesies (Isaiah, Daniel and Revelations). We would be reading his biography and not his obituaries.
MTarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:36:55 AM
Christ was not forced to give up his human life and its rights in order to ransom Adam"s descendants. He did it voluntarily. It was an act of love on his part. "Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his soul a ransom in exchange for many.""Matt. 20:28.
On the third day after Christ died on the stake he was resurrected as a spirit creature with heavenly life rights. Peter testified to this when he said: "Why, even Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit." (1"Pet. 3:18) As a spirit he was able to present the value of his sacrificed human life before God as a ransom price to release Adam"s descendants.
But this ransom does not bring a blanket release to all humans. Those people who persist in following Adam"s course of disobedience to God will not benefit from the ransom. It was purposed for those who would not follow that wrong course but who would be obedient and would exercise faith. "He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.""John 3:36; 1"Tim. 4:10.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 8:50:45 AM
At 8/3/2015 10:11:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

God Bless.
And there we have the fatal flaw, but first your god doesn't DECIDE who he will save, he DECIDED that before creation.
To the fatal flaw then.
If god has chosen you for heaven, then there is nothing you can do to be sent to hell including murder and childrape (two of god's favourites, btw). If god has chosen for you to go to hell then there is nothing you can to to get to heaven including praying most sincerely every moment of your life.
You had nothing to do with your conversion, if it occurred, it was always going to happen if god had chosen you, you are a mere pawn on his chessboard.
No free will, no choosing salvation, no choosing god, nothing to do with you.
How does it feel to be a puppet?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin