Jump to topic:

Am I going to hell?

joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 9:56:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is a question directed at anyone who believes in a hell of some sort. I am curious whether or not you personally believe that I will be going to hell when I die. I would also like to see the reasoning behind your decision. Here is some relevant background information on me:

-I was a catholic until my early teens, where I became an agnostic atheist, and hold that viewpoint to this day.
-I am a relatively generous person, and frequently do work for local charities
-I make an effort to be kind to those around me, but occasionally fail
-I have not yet committed a significant crime

If you require any more information to make your judgement, please ask and I will try to help.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:06:02 PM
At 8/3/2015 9:56:19 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:
This is a question directed at anyone who believes in a hell of some sort. I am curious whether or not you personally believe that I will be going to hell when I die. I would also like to see the reasoning behind your decision. Here is some relevant background information on me:

-I was a catholic until my early teens, where I became an agnostic atheist, and hold that viewpoint to this day.

If you require any more information to make your judgement, please ask and I will try to help.

Why would you even think your going to hell? theirs certainly nothing that you said in your post that would cause God to send you there. and personally, Im more interested in why you chose that user name? LOL. because it might bespeak of something in your character that is more likely to send you there than anything you said in your post. Going to Hell has a LOT to do with what our intentions were when we were alive on Earth. Our minds. Our desires. Ignorance of God or Jesus for example will NOT send you there. some fundamental Christians think so. not I.
truth is, brother, nobody here on DDO or on the hole planet can tell if your going to go to Hell. Only God knows. (Hell is not a literal place, anyway, but a condition of your mind after you die, which God can make "live on" as a form or punishment. but that's a whole nother story, brother.)
have you thought about trying to get to know God again?
God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:19:37 PM
At 8/3/2015 10:06:02 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Why would you even think your going to hell? theirs certainly nothing that you said in your post that would cause God to send you there. and personally, Im more interested in why you chose that user name?

I chose it when I was young because at the time I had a fascination with the Jack the Ripper killings, and wanted to use jacktheripper117 as a username, but realized that it was already taken on essentially every website. I just stuck with joetheripper117 for all usernames so that I could remember them all.

LOL. because it might bespeak of something in your character that is more likely to send you there than anything you said in your post. Going to Hell has a LOT to do with what our intentions were when we were alive on Earth. Our minds. Our desires. Ignorance of God or Jesus for example will NOT send you there. some fundamental Christians think so. not I.
truth is, brother, nobody here on DDO or on the hole planet can tell if your going to go to Hell. Only God knows. (Hell is not a literal place, anyway, but a condition of your mind after you die, which God can make "live on" as a form or punishment. but that's a whole nother story, brother.)

You see to have a pretty interesting way of looking at hell. Usually the only interpretations I frequently see are either a)everyone goes to heaven or b)heaven only by belief. I would appreciate it if you went more into how you think he'll is a state of mind.

I always try to keep an open mind in this issue, and if someone comes forth with some evidence of the Christian god, I would be happy to become a Christian.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:23:13 PM
At 8/3/2015 10:19:37 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:
At 8/3/2015 10:06:02 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Why would you even think your going to hell? theirs certainly nothing that you said in your post that would cause God to send you there. and personally, Im more interested in why you chose that user name?

I chose it when I was young because at the time I had a fascination with the Jack the Ripper killings, and wanted to use jacktheripper117 as a username, but realized that it was already taken on essentially every website. I just stuck with joetheripper117 for all usernames so that I could remember them all.

LOL. because it might bespeak of something in your character that is more likely to send you there than anything you said in your post. Going to Hell has a LOT to do with what our intentions were when we were alive on Earth. Our minds. Our desires. Ignorance of God or Jesus for example will NOT send you there. some fundamental Christians think so. not I.

You see to have a pretty interesting way of looking at hell. Usually the only interpretations I frequently see are either a)everyone goes to heaven or b)heaven only by belief. I would appreciate it if you went more into how you think he'll is a state of mind.

I always try to keep an open mind in this issue, and if someone comes forth with some evidence of the Christian god, I would be happy to become a Christian.

well yeah sure. most of the atheists and agnostics would come running over to ours side if they got proof of God. But that aint how He works it. coming over AFTER proof is coming over too late and a dolluh short. LOL
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:29:12 PM

besides I was way worse then you when I was an atheist. I mocked and attacked Christians whenever I could. I actually destroyed Bibles once. that guy I mentioned I almost killed? when I was 17 my older sister was dating a Mormon. I was in our garage lifting wieghts and hitting my heavy bag and he came in and began preaching. when I told him to bugger off he called me Evil and said I was going to hell. I snapped, hit him across the face with one of those little dumbell steel bars that you slide the weights onto. Hit him abut five times and when he fell I picked up my bench press bench and threw it on him. He spent almost a week in the hospital. concussion; lost three teeth; broken jaw; broken nose, two cracked rubs. I went to Juvey for a couple weeks and almost had to go into the military. I just got that removed from my record a couple years ago. Aggravated Assault & Battery. I was a Juvenile felon.
And God Saved Me! LOL So you have nothing to worry about, my brother.
God Bless.
I_know
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:35:17 PM

If you require any more information to make your judgement, please ask and I will try to help. : :

There's no such thing as a place called hell. Out bodies die and will never get used again in the future because they are of this world. Our spirit that made our bodies move, speak, hear, taste, touch and smell will get new bodies to experience life with in the New Heaven and Hell. There are no requirements necessary to go on to the new age. Christians don't know this fact.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:42:26 PM
At 8/3/2015 10:35:17 PM, I_know wrote:

If you require any more information to make your judgement, please ask and I will try to help. : :

There's no such thing as a place called hell. Out bodies die and will never get used again in the future because they are of this world. Our spirit that made our bodies move, speak, hear, taste, touch and smell will get new bodies to experience life with in the New Heaven and Hell. There are no requirements necessary to go on to the new age. Christians don't know this fact.

hey Brad! So you got two accounts now? with bobar? maybe that doubles you chance of not getting tossed again, eh? Godspeed, brother.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 11:00:47 PM
At 8/3/2015 10:42:26 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

hey Brad! So you got two accounts now? with bobar? maybe that doubles you chance of not getting tossed again, eh? Godspeed, brother. : :

You call yourself "born again" but you have no idea what that means.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 11:22:03 PM

The part of you that survives into heaven is the part of you that can withstand the baptism of fire.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:19:10 AM

Based on what you have shared. You are going to hell because: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:57:01 AM

I always ask born agains these questions: do you have loved ones? They obviously say yes. I then ask: if they don't do what you want of them, would you want them to suffer some eternal damnation? Of course not. So then, why would God make his creations suffer a damnation? Why do born agains and muslims bring God down to a human level? Do you really believe that God cares less about her creations, which are part of itself than you care about the people you love? THERE IS NO HELL.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:36:45 AM
At 8/3/2015 11:00:47 PM, pbarnum wrote:

hey Brad! So you got two accounts now? with bobar? maybe that doubles you chance of not getting tossed again, eh? Godspeed, brother. : :

sure I do, bro. and what gives you the inside track on all matters God? Yikes! your type is a little creepy and was always the sort that I would especially love to hate LOL as an Atheist. anyway have you read my Salvation Testimony? what happened to me? How God Saved me? feel free. or I can give a link. but spare me the arrogance that reminds me of a JW. I ignored your freindship request, BTW.
God Bless.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:49:52 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:36:45 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/3/2015 11:00:47 PM, pbarnum wrote:

sure I do, bro. and what gives you the inside track on all matters God? Yikes! your type is a little creepy and was always the sort that I would especially love to hate LOL as an Atheist. anyway have you read my Salvation Testimony? what happened to me? How God Saved me? feel free. or I can give a link. but spare me the arrogance that reminds me of a JW. I ignored your freindship request, BTW.
God Bless. : :

All God's people will be saved from their flesh my friend. You were called by God but that doesn't mean anything to me. God calls His people into many various religions of this world and to do all kinds of things for Him. Many are called but only a few are chosen to become prophets, saints and believers who listen to the gospel we saints preach to them.

If you start listening to His voice through the gospel I preach, then I will know you as one of His chosen believers. But as long as you keep rejecting His voice, I will know you as an antichrist because many of God's people were called to be antichrists and false prophets.

We saints testify to the knowledge of God and learn everything from those testimonies. God puts words in our mind for us to write and speak from the vocabulary that we learn while growing up in this world. Those words are arranged according to His knowledge that is contrary to the knowledge of this world.

I have been writing and speaking for Him for 7 years now and have learned everything He wanted us people to know before He destroys this world. It took God over 28 years to get me to fully trust Him before I could start testifying for Him.

Do you know how much trust it takes to speak words about the future that you've never known before?
a_drumming_dog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:50:35 AM
( Im a Christian) If you were a catholic, then I think you know what Catholics/Christians would say. If you reject the free gift of salvation from Jesus Christ, then your sins will not be forgiven, and you will go to hell, so to speak. All are sinful, none of us deserve Heaven. Btw, I do think that there are different levels of punishment within hell.
The truth will set you free
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:57:09 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:50:35 AM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
( Im a Christian) If you were a catholic, then I think you know what Catholics/Christians would say. If you reject the free gift of salvation from Jesus Christ, then your sins will not be forgiven, and you will go to hell, so to speak. All are sinful, none of us deserve Heaven. Btw, I do think that there are different levels of punishment within hell.

Ahh..a breath of fresh air! thank you--finally a believing Christian and Man of God who makes sense. I like what you said about none of us deserving Heaven. I agree. I never thought I deserved to be Saved. I also like what you think about Hell, the different levels. I pretty much think the same, that its not really a literal place but different levels of an "emotional" or spiritual sort of torture. a type of being trapped with out won thoughts on an endless playback look forever.
God Bless.
a_drumming_dog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:00:08 AM
At 8/4/2015 1:57:09 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Ahh..a breath of fresh air! thank you--finally a believing Christian and Man of God who makes sense. I like what you said about none of us deserving Heaven. I agree. I never thought I deserved to be Saved. I also like what you think about Hell, the different levels. I pretty much think the same, that its not really a literal place but different levels of an "emotional" or spiritual sort of torture. a type of being trapped with out won thoughts on an endless playback look forever.
God Bless.

Haha, yeah it all seems to be liberals and atheists on this website, its nice to find a christian once in a while. Interesting views on hell, I haven't thought about it that way before.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:17:25 AM

LOL !!! You listen to heathens but you won't listen to the only voice of God that exists in this world today. You are showing me that you were chosen by God to be an antichrist like the one you're agreeing with in this post to him.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:20:30 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:17:25 AM, pbarnum wrote:

LOL !!! You listen to heathens but you won't listen to the only voice of God that exists in this world today. You are showing me that you were chosen by God to be an antichrist like the one you're agreeing with in this post to him.

I suppose there is always that possibility why God Saved me--to be one of His enemies, an Anti_Christ, since I was doing so well being that as a violent atheist. yeah,,that makes a LOT of sense. Thank you. and God Bless.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:28:57 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:20:30 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I suppose there is always that possibility why God Saved me--to be one of His enemies, an Anti_Christ, since I was doing so well being that as a violent atheist. yeah,,that makes a LOT of sense. Thank you. and God Bless. : :

You don't even know what salvation means my friend. What are you saved from?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:36:55 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:28:57 AM, pbarnum wrote:

I suppose there is always that possibility why God Saved me--to be one of His enemies, an Anti_Christ, since I was doing so well being that as a violent atheist. yeah,,that makes a LOT of sense. Thank you. and God Bless. : :

here is a link to my Testimony when I was Saved. Post #22. This is all I know about Salvation since its my own experience. I cannot claim to know more than anybody else about Theodicy. (nature of God). Only this and what Ive gotten from Him since in prayers and meditations.
http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:54:29 AM

As I understand it, from a protestant american evangelical standpoint yes you and everyone else who doesn't *"believe in Jesus" is going to hell.

As I understand it there are two and only two places one goes, heaven/God or hell. And since no one is good enough for God and thus you must "believe in Jesus" ergo anyone who doesn't goes to hell.

*Believe in Jesus and what exactly that does or does not entail can vary.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:57:17 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:36:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

here is a link to my Testimony when I was Saved. Post #22. This is all I know about Salvation since its my own experience. I cannot claim to know more than anybody else about Theodicy. (nature of God). Only this and what Ive gotten from Him since in prayers and meditations.
http://www.debate.org... : :

Now you're at a humbled state to where you may be able to start listening to the voice of God through my testimonies and hear knowledge that will teach you everything God wanted us to know before He ends this age.

Salvation is for ALL God's people and is nothing new to the saints who testified to God's knowledge starting 2000 years ago. They all learned that God planned to save ALL His people from this world by the end of this age. There are many OT prophecies to show you that this is a true statement by us saints. If need be, I can show you these prophecies that all us saints understand very well.

Just because you were awakened in spirit doesn't mean you possess the knowledge of God. Every chosen believer has been taught some knowledge to connect with the gospel that I preach but none of them possess the knowledge like God does. We saints and prophets were created as His voice so we get to witness His knowledge being spoken and written through our testimonies that the flesh is forced to speak and write.

I'm the only source on this planet where you can learn about the future because it isn't taught in the Bible. The OT prophecies contain bits of information about the future but it's impossible for anyone to gather them all up and figure out exactly what the future is going to be. This can only be taught through our testimonies because we are God's trusted servants who have to speak knowledge that we've never known before.

I know I will be saved from this world when the flesh that's writing this post has been killed. I also know that ALL God's people will be saved from their flesh when they all perish, too. Only the spirit of man is born righteous in the mind of God. The flesh is formed from invisible waves, which is the information that is needed to form the flesh in this world and all the rest of the objects that we experience with our senses.

This world and our flesh are only illusions that are not our true reality. The only one who is real is our Creator ( God ) and His thoughts that He spoke into a program called Eternal Life. There are several scientists now who are questioning whether or not we're living in a simulation like a computer game we're familiar with.

Science and religion all came from the beast, which are God's thoughts that made man build things with their human hands. These human built things are called false gods in the OT prophecies. God knew that He would have His people build the modern computers to use to teach His last saint exactly how He created everything. You can actually read about this in Revelation but it's so hidden in symbolic form that it's almost impossible for anyone to understand it. I didn't have to read Revelation for that purpose but I know what it means. God used Revelation to show me a few bits of knowledge about the future and some things that happened to me in the past to prove that I'm His last servant.

Since we are only God's invisible thoughts converted into a program called Eternal Life, our flesh is not real. We are saved from this flesh when the flesh perishes.

In the next part of His program, we created beings will get new bodies to experience life with but in a much different way than we experienced in this age. I have a lot of details to help you understand how we'll experience life in Paradise ( The New Heaven and Earth. ). All you have to do is ask me for that knowledge.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:58:40 AM
Out of curiosity, what leads you to believe in different "levels" of punishment in hell? Is that how you reconcile a loving God that would eternally punish? Or is there a scriptural reference to this idea?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:04:05 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:57:17 AM, pbarnum wrote:

http://www.debate.org... : :

Now you're at a humbled state to where you may be able to start listening to the voice of God through my testimonies and hear knowledge that will teach you everything God wanted us to know before He ends this age.

Salvation is for ALL God's people and is nothing new to the saints who testified to God's knowledge starting 2000 years ago. They all learned that God planned to save ALL His people from this world by the end of this age. There are many OT prophecies to show you that this is a true statement by us saints. If need be, I can show you these prophecies that all us saints understand very well.

Just because you were awakened in spirit doesn't mean you possess the knowledge of God. Every chosen believer has been taught some knowledge to connect with the gospel that I preach but none of them possess the knowledge like God does. We saints and prophets were created as His voice so we get to witness His knowledge being spoken and written through our testimonies that the flesh is forced to speak and write.

I'm the only source on this planet where you can learn about the future because it isn't taught in the Bible. The OT prophecies contain bits of information about the future but it's impossible for anyone to gather them all up and figure out exactly what the future is going to be. This can only be taught through our testimonies because we are God's trusted servants who have to speak knowledge that we've never known before.

I know I will be saved from this world when the flesh that's writing this post has been killed. I also know that ALL God's people will be saved from their flesh when they all perish, too. Only the spirit of man is born righteous in the mind of God. The flesh is formed from invisible waves, which is the information that is needed to form the flesh in this world and all the rest of the objects that we experience with our senses.

This world and our flesh are only illusions that are not our true reality. The only one who is real is our Creator ( God ) and His thoughts that He spoke into a program called Eternal Life. There are several scientists now who are questioning whether or not we're living in a simulation like a computer game we're familiar with.

Science and religion all came from the beast, which are God's thoughts that made man build things with their human hands. These human built things are called false gods in the OT prophecies. God knew that He would have His people build the modern computers to use to teach His last saint exactly how He created everything. You can actually read about this in Revelation but it's so hidden in symbolic form that it's almost impossible for anyone to understand it. I didn't have to read Revelation for that purpose but I know what it means. God used Revelation to show me a few bits of knowledge about the future and some things that happened to me in the past to prove that I'm His last servant.

Since we are only God's invisible thoughts converted into a program called Eternal Life, our flesh is not real. We are saved from this flesh when the flesh perishes.

In the next part of His program, we created beings will get new bodies to experience life with but in a much different way than we experienced in this age. I have a lot of details to help you understand how we'll experience life in Paradise ( The New Heaven and Earth. ). All you have to do is ask me for that knowledge.

I actually sort of liked the last few paragraphs of what you wrote. But I have a question? You say that we will get new bodies to experience life in "the next part of God's Program." So....is this a sort of reincarnation? As the Buddhists think? Will we be back on the Planet? Or another? (Then that begins to sound like Mormon talk!) And most people including me always thought of the Next Level, as I call heaven, of being spiritual. That we're now spiritual beings having a physical experience. So...why new bodies? Why not just advance to the Next Stage as Spirits? Since the flesh is even as you say, and Jesus said, temporary and not eternal. Basically useless in knowing God?
Thanks. God Bless.
pbarnum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:39:32 AM
At 8/4/2015 3:04:05 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:57:17 AM, pbarnum wrote:

I actually sort of liked the last few paragraphs of what you wrote. But I have a question? You say that we will get new bodies to experience life in "the next part of God's Program." So....is this a sort of reincarnation? As the Buddhists think? Will we be back on the Planet? Or another?

Have you ever experienced a dream where you have a different kind of body? I had a reoccurring dream when I was in high school about being a crop spraying airplane. I wasn't the pilot of the plane, I was the airplane. My experience was flying across the field spraying chemicals and at the end of the field, I would lift up into the sky and turn around to go back down to the field again to spray another section of it. It was the most exhilarating experience I've ever dreamed in my entire life.

God used this dream, movies, computer game simulations, etc. to teach me how we'll experience our dreams in Paradise with all kinds of different bodies. Man was created both male and female so you will wake up in Paradise with a perfect partner. You and your partner will be together in every individual dream together because you're of one mind. This way, when you take on different bodies such as a plane or bird or some other kind of object, you will not be frightened. You will see your partner in a new body and you will be able to see that your body is similar to your partners.

We saints and prophets who were created as the voice of the Lord will be the first to wake up in Paradise in new adult bodies. God will use us to speak a new language into existence based on all the new objects that we'll experience in our dreams. We will be used to name these objects and have a language put together for when God's people start being reborn into Paradise. This new language will be taught to God's people, which will continue to grow forever as we observe new objects in our new dreams. Every object has to have a name for it or else it could cause fear.

(Then that begins to sound like Mormon talk!) And most people including me always thought of the Next Level, as I call heaven, of being spiritual. That we're now spiritual beings having a physical experience. So...why new bodies?

The spirit of man is invisible information so it's impossible to see anything as a spirit. God has an infinite amount of visible objects that we'll experience in Paradise because His computing language and power can make that possible.

Why not just advance to the Next Stage as Spirits? Since the flesh is even as you say, and Jesus said, temporary and not eternal. Basically useless in knowing God?
Thanks. God Bless. : :

The flesh in this age was only temporary while God was using His prophets and us saints to teach us who we are and how He created us. Without this knowledge, we would never know that we were living in a simulation that isn't real at all. With all the terrible things we experience in this world. it would be a terrible thing for God to keep us living like this forever. The only reason He made these bad things ( evil ) in this world was to make it more real-like and distract us from the knowledge that He was using to teach His prophets and saints our true created reality as characters in a simulation program.

Here's a website that just came out that I posted in my new thread. These scientists are figuring out that we're living in a simulation but since they weren't chosen saints who has to testify for God, they don't know for sure. They got all their information through God's beast, which is where all sciences, languages, mathematics and religions came from during this first age. They are being taught indirectly by God that we're living in a simulation so now I can use their information to teach God's chosen believers who we really are.

We have nothing to worry about because we're not real anyway. This is what God wanted us to know so in the next age, we will never fear any of God's illusions. In other words, we won't be experiencing a tree of the knowledge of good and evil anymore. The Tree of Life is God's thoughts where we were all born and spoken into a simulation called Eternal Life. This is our true created existence as God's people and beasts.
a_drumming_dog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:20:14 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:58:40 AM, tstor wrote:

Out of curiosity, what leads you to believe in different "levels" of punishment in hell? Is that how you reconcile a loving God that would eternally punish? Or is there a scriptural reference to this idea?

Great question! I suppose that it is one way I amend eternal punishment with God's loving nature. Although the Bible does not specifically say there are levels of punishment, I think Revelation 20 seems to suggest so.

"12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire."

Verses 12 and 13 seem to suggest levels of punishment with wording like "according to what they had done."
a_drumming_dog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:25:25 AM
At 8/4/2015 3:04:05 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I actually sort of liked the last few paragraphs of what you wrote. But I have a question? You say that we will get new bodies to experience life in "the next part of God's Program." So....is this a sort of reincarnation? As the Buddhists think? Will we be back on the Planet? Or another? (Then that begins to sound like Mormon talk!) And most people including me always thought of the Next Level, as I call heaven, of being spiritual. That we're now spiritual beings having a physical experience. So...why new bodies? Why not just advance to the Next Stage as Spirits? Since the flesh is even as you say, and Jesus said, temporary and not eternal. Basically useless in knowing God?
Thanks. God Bless.

Read the Bible! It will answer questions like these haha

2 Corinthians 5
1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.[a] 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it"s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

Revelation 21
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,[b] and God himself will be with them as their God.[c] 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away

9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, "Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb." 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed" 13 on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And the one who spoke with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls. 16 The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia.[d] Its length and width and height are equal. 17 He also measured its wall, 144 cubits[e] by human measurement, which is also an angel's measurement. 18 The wall was built of jasper, while the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every kind of jewel. The first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day"and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:54:55 AM

I would have to know how you look at the world. Religion doesn't matter, what you believe matters.

This is good. You meet positive people, and if this makes you feel good ... that is key.

To be kind to a person that doesn't give it back is a waste of time. I would try, but if the other is being in any realm of negativity, you need to know when to give up on that person. It is hard to be kind to people in a world that think of demons and hell ... You can see it in their eyes. Yet, there are the ones that can use your kindness. "you like me, and i like you, lets be friends," is a lyric from a song ... there are those that just want someone to say hi and listen to them. If you can detect different personalities, that is a plus. You will know who to give your kindness to that can use it. This will make you feel good and surround you with positivity. Not everyone deserves your kindness, but it doesn't hurt to try. When you at least try, you are making your heart positive.

The only type of crimes i would say can have an effect on your positive state of mind are those that harm others maliciously. Something that invades another's consent. Such as murder, false imprisonment, rape, etc. Then, there are the mental crimes. Such as taking something from someone that would put their mind state into darkness (severely). If you chase darkness, it will chase you. It is hard to stay positive when your world becomes darkness. People won't let you be happy if anything. But, to do true evil ... you must be that monster. This monster would be hell never the less.

If you noticed, i said positivity a lot. If you keep yourself in a positive world, you will most likely go to a positive world. It is all up to you, heaven and hell are a state of mind. The people you hurt will make you feel it one way or another. Now, you may ask me what if you have no emotion towards being evil ... i would say you are a source of darkness to begin with. If evil is all you know then that is what you are. A tree is a tree no matter where it is ... in this world or the next. However, the deeper you go into my theory you will realize there really is no evil ... how can there be? In an immortal state, how can one be evil? Evil is allowed by us. We create it. To test my idea, make this world a place where evil wouldn't want to go ... i assure you there will be less and less. Darkness and light are just characters ... and many in between. We have all been darkness and light, very few are only darkness and only light. For example, if i was born during the pirate years ... i would most likely be a pirate. What are the implications of my decision however? I would be a thief, murderer, and plunderer. Now, again hell would be a state of mind. Self-awareness is key here. If i was a pirate, what type would i be? I would plunderer but try not to kill, i would be a thief but without killing again, and i would be a murderer but only in self defense. Does that mean i can control the acts of others, no. But, i know i wouldn't be darkness ... i would be a healthy mix of light and darkness. I am aware of who i am, i advice you at least think about my scribble ... Become self-aware of who you are. Then, you will know if you deserve hell or heaven ... i would say i am in the grey area; half my wing is darkness and the other half light.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:09:55 PM

The scriptural view, and the one I have learned to adopt is simple.

Everyone goes to hell when they die, at present.

However hell, in scripture, is a place of complete unconsciousness where those considered worthy await a resurrection, not suffering, as Apostate teachers have made it out to be.
Mike.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:24:21 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And therein lies the problem. Ownership again!

There is no such thing as a Christian God or a Muslim God or a Jewish God, there is just one God who created the universe in my humble opinion and God does not recognise any of them as being any more special than anyone else. I too don't believe in hell and why the NT cannot be true about anything as there is no Satan or Devil either.