Total Posts:311|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The blind leading the blind

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Gullible people believe in myths and mythical characters.

The interesting thing is that the story book character Jesus never called any atheists blind. He called the religious leaders, the believers in God, blind leaders of the blind. (Matt 15:14)
He called them blind guides and blind fools. (Matt 23 )

Following invisible supernatural characters is a very foolish and childish thing to do.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:17:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Blind isn't sensitive and is demeaning, please say the visually impaired leading the visually impaired.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:38:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since when is calling a blind person blind demeaning?
It's no different to calling a spade a spade.

It's never demeaning to anyone except those who put themselves down with their own perceptions and interpretations of words.
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:22:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:38:56 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Since when is calling a blind person blind demeaning?
It's no different to calling a spade a spade.

It's never demeaning to anyone except those who put themselves down with their own perceptions and interpretations of words.

It's a joke for SJW month.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:27:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:38:56 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Since when is calling a blind person blind demeaning?
It's no different to calling a spade a spade.

It's never demeaning to anyone except those who put themselves down with their own perceptions and interpretations of words.

It's racist to call a black person a spade, please stop
Mike.com
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:56:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Its wrong to say all intelligent people don't believe in God(s) as billions do.

Yes, lots or most of them have been debunked but that doesn't prove they aren't real and they may exist in the Cosmos. Its actually not intelligent to believe we all got here by magic and by chance and nothing happens that doesn't not have a cause.

Its actually atheists who are the blind leading the blind.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:02:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 11:56:44 AM, Mike.com wrote:
Its wrong to say all intelligent people don't believe in God(s) as billions do.

Yes, lots or most of them have been debunked but that doesn't prove they aren't real and they may exist in the Cosmos. Its actually not intelligent to believe we all got here by magic and by chance and nothing happens that doesn't not have a cause.

Its actually atheists who are the blind leading the blind.

Can you prove that nothing happens without a cause?
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:34:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?

The op is being ridiculous. Only idiots generalize people
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:36:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 12:34:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?

The op is being ridiculous. Only idiots generalize people
Oh well done little weed, was that intentional?
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 12:58:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you are an atheist, and you believe that there is such a thing as Truth, you aren't really an atheist. If you believe in Truth, you believe in God.

An atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Truth. If you don't believe in Truth, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

In reality, these labels are not accurate descriptors.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:11:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 12:58:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
If you are an atheist, and you believe that there is such a thing as Truth, you aren't really an atheist. If you believe in Truth, you believe in God.

An atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Truth. If you don't believe in Truth, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

In reality, these labels are not accurate descriptors.

Again, atheists don't believe in a god or gods that cannot be demonstrated by any factual evidence. Equating that with Truth is both disingenuous and a fallacy, since neither can be defined or observed.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:11:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 12:34:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?

The op is being ridiculous. Only idiots generalize people.

That may be true, but still ....

Man, I hope Sky is good in bed because her poor, beleaguered hubby sure isn't hanging around for the invigorating conversation.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:28:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 1:11:12 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:58:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
If you are an atheist, and you believe that there is such a thing as Truth, you aren't really an atheist. If you believe in Truth, you believe in God.

An atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Truth. If you don't believe in Truth, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

In reality, these labels are not accurate descriptors.

Again, atheists don't believe in a god or gods that cannot be demonstrated by any factual evidence. Equating that with Truth is both disingenuous and a fallacy, since neither can be defined or observed.

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

That is what the concept means. Go ahead and keep making a straw man out of it, you won't be the first or the last to do so. However, if you actually want to understand these things, you are going to have to get over your hang ups and accept theological understandings.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:38:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 12:58:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
If you are an atheist, and you believe that there is such a thing as Truth, you aren't really an atheist. If you believe in Truth, you believe in God.

An atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Truth. If you don't believe in Truth, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

In reality, these labels are not accurate descriptors.
A point of education for the uneducatable.
Atheism = disbelief in gods.
I understand how immensely difficult it is for people who believe in fairytales find that so hard to understand, but just because you are incapable of understanding it doesn't give you the right to find your own fantasy definition.
Run along now and ask mummy to smack your lughole, there's a good little fella.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 1:28:25 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:11:12 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:58:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
If you are an atheist, and you believe that there is such a thing as Truth, you aren't really an atheist. If you believe in Truth, you believe in God.

An atheist doesn't believe that there is such a thing as Truth. If you don't believe in Truth, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

In reality, these labels are not accurate descriptors.

Again, atheists don't believe in a god or gods that cannot be demonstrated by any factual evidence. Equating that with Truth is both disingenuous and a fallacy, since neither can be defined or observed.

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

That is what the concept means. Go ahead and keep making a straw man out of it, you won't be the first or the last to do so. However, if you actually want to understand these things, you are going to have to get over your hang ups and accept theological understandings.
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:35:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM, dhardage wrote:

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, there is absolutely no miracle that will convince you of it. If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, you can't be honest in anything you say. It becomes very hard to take you seriously. Do you understand what I'm saying, and why it makes me a fool for even trying to talk to you?
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Mike.com
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:37:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Can you prove that nothing happens without a cause?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scientists say its possible by using various mathematical explanation for the Cosmos and even where there is nothing, there is something BUT none have managed to answer what happened one second BEFORE the big bang and what or who was responsible.

But in reality of life around us and everyday events, nothing has been shown to have happened without some prime mover.

That is why ALL scientists should be Agnostics and not atheists and by doing so, they are pre judging their religious beliefs based on religious text like Richard Dawkins does the whole time and really don't like the idea of God involved in anything.

But when pushed RD admits he is an Agnostic. He just despised the God of the OT.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:55:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 1:11:55 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:34:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?

The op is being ridiculous. Only idiots generalize people.

That may be true, but still ....

Man, I hope Sky is good in bed because her poor, beleaguered hubby sure isn't hanging around for the invigorating conversation.

It's the crazy ones that are good in bed. Take from that what you will.... ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:57:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 3:55:06 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:11:55 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:34:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?

The op is being ridiculous. Only idiots generalize people.

That may be true, but still ....

Man, I hope Sky is good in bed because her poor, beleaguered hubby sure isn't hanging around for the invigorating conversation.

It's the crazy ones that are good in bed. Take from that what you will.... ;-)

That doesn't apply to crazy men. Take from THAT what you will ...
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 3:57:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 3:35:55 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM, dhardage wrote:

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, there is absolutely no miracle that will convince you of it. If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, you can't be honest in anything you say. It becomes very hard to take you seriously. Do you understand what I'm saying, and why it makes me a fool for even trying to talk to you?

In other words: if you don't believe them you can't believe.

Sounds like an excuse to me.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:05:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 3:37:34 PM, Mike.com wrote:
Can you prove that nothing happens without a cause?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scientists say its possible by using various mathematical explanation for the Cosmos and even where there is nothing, there is something BUT none have managed to answer what happened one second BEFORE the big bang and what or who was responsible.

But in reality of life around us and everyday events, nothing has been shown to have happened without some prime mover.

That is why ALL scientists should be Agnostics and not atheists and by doing so, they are pre judging their religious beliefs based on religious text like Richard Dawkins does the whole time and really don't like the idea of God involved in anything.

But when pushed RD admits he is an Agnostic. He just despised the God of the OT.

To be agnostic is to allow an arbitrary belief to present itself as knowledge. Belief in God or a prime mover is not built on facts of God or a prime mover, only speculation of such things. Being an atheist acknowledges belief in a magical cause as an argument from ignorance.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:06:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 3:57:05 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 3:55:06 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:11:55 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:34:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/4/2015 12:29:39 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Lemme guess: you count yourself among the "intelligent" people, and you place those who do believe in a supernatural God among the "less intelligent"?

Is that a pretty fair assessment of your opinion?

The op is being ridiculous. Only idiots generalize people.

That may be true, but still ....

Man, I hope Sky is good in bed because her poor, beleaguered hubby sure isn't hanging around for the invigorating conversation.

It's the crazy ones that are good in bed. Take from that what you will.... ;-)

That doesn't apply to crazy men. Take from THAT what you will ...

Lmao!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:34:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:02:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Blind people obviously cannot see other people. All their friends and gods are invisible to them.
Sighted people can clearly see anyone. All their friends are visible and they can clearly see that no supernatural gods exist any place other than in fairy tales.

Intelligent people understand ALL gods are mythical.

Gullible people believe in myths and mythical characters.

The interesting thing is that the story book character Jesus never called any atheists blind. He called the religious leaders, the believers in God, blind leaders of the blind. (Matt 15:14)
He called them blind guides and blind fools. (Matt 23 )

Following invisible supernatural characters is a very foolish and childish thing to do.

is following evolution blindly childish too???
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:48:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 3:57:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 3:35:55 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM, dhardage wrote:

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, there is absolutely no miracle that will convince you of it. If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, you can't be honest in anything you say. It becomes very hard to take you seriously. Do you understand what I'm saying, and why it makes me a fool for even trying to talk to you?

In other words: if you don't believe them you can't believe.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

It's not about believing anyone. It's about believing in the existence of Truth. What is Ultimately Real.

This is plain speak. I'm not mystifying anything here.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:59:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 4:48:25 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 3:57:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 3:35:55 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM, dhardage wrote:

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, there is absolutely no miracle that will convince you of it. If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, you can't be honest in anything you say. It becomes very hard to take you seriously. Do you understand what I'm saying, and why it makes me a fool for even trying to talk to you?

In other words: if you don't believe them you can't believe.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

It's not about believing anyone. It's about believing in the existence of Truth. What is Ultimately Real.

This is plain speak. I'm not mystifying anything here.

truth is an interesting thought, so if science says teaches a "truth", then greater understanding shows it not to be the "truth" does science ever really have "truths" ...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 5:21:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 3:35:55 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM, dhardage wrote:

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, there is absolutely no miracle that will convince you of it. If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, you can't be honest in anything you say. It becomes very hard to take you seriously. Do you understand what I'm saying, and why it makes me a fool for even trying to talk to you?

Bovine fecal matter of the most fragrant kind and the same stuff you've been peddling all over the place. If you can make an actual miracle then you could easily prove me wrong. That fact is that you cannot and you keep trying to demand that I accept your theology before you can address my questions. You're nothing but a fraud who has to belittle anyone who demands facts, claiming to know some universal truth yet unable to define or even point to a good example of it. All you are is ego, hot air trying to be superior to anyone who doesn't accept what you say as, you'll pardon the expression' gospel and demanding that you back it up. Yes, it's a fool's errand for us to communicate because you are living in a tower of invincible denial. As long as you continue to make claims you can't back up and demand that your listeners believe what you say just because you said it, you're as bad as any patent medicine salesman that wandered the old west peddling colored alcohol and water as real cures for diseases.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 11:27:35 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:38:56 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Since when is calling a blind person blind demeaning?
It's no different to calling a spade a spade.

It's never demeaning to anyone except those who put themselves down with their own perceptions and interpretations of words.

It's racist to call a black person a spade, please stop

Of all people this post could have reached it had to be Wylted. Lamo
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:25:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 4:48:25 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 3:57:19 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/4/2015 3:35:55 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/4/2015 1:53:54 PM, dhardage wrote:

If you don't think that there is factual evidence for "Truth", you must not be looking very hard.

Then produce it. Put up or shut up, as they say. You have been asked for these facts a number of times and you have yet to produce one. Until you do you're nothing but a bag of wind the blows its nonsense everywhere.

If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, there is absolutely no miracle that will convince you of it. If you don't believe in such a thing as truth, you can't be honest in anything you say. It becomes very hard to take you seriously. Do you understand what I'm saying, and why it makes me a fool for even trying to talk to you?

In other words: if you don't believe them you can't believe.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

It's not about believing anyone. It's about believing in the existence of Truth. What is Ultimately Real.

This is plain speak. I'm not mystifying anything here.

Them = then

Define Truth.
Define God.
Show me how Truth and God fit into reality and then we can talk about your 'plain speak'.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 6:30:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I still have great faith and conviction in the belief that Mighty Mouse is much mightier then Superman is super.

The proof is there and that Limburger cheese lie is just that, a LIE.

There is always propaganda that is tossed around as a means of confusion and possible distraction.

what does this post have to do with the "topic"?

ask the three blind mice of the comedy trinity,

Curly, Moe and Larry...

how do I know what I know?

I have a "magic mirror" that OTHERS place before me calling it a window.

I see Mary and I see Donald and I see Jesus

this place is the best debate & switch romper room on the internet as it's filled with snoddlers and boo bobs alike.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...