Jump to topic:

Adam and Eve Theory

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:26:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Adam means "man" in Hebrew, so perhaps the story's symbolism is monumental in deeper significance. Here is a theory.

"THE TREE OF LIFE"
1)Jesus referred to himself as "life". He also refers to himself as a vine. He also compares people to trees. "A good tree bares good fruit."
Hypothesis:
Tree = Someone
Life = Jesus
Fruit = Something someone does or says that shows who they are and can be shared with someone else.
2)Adam and Eve never "partook" from this tree.
3)Hypothesis: Jesus was in the "garden". Adam and Eve ignored him.

"THE SERPANT"
1)Jesus referred to the Pharisees as a "brood of vipers".
2)A serpant is someone of deception, lies, evil, murderer, etc.
3)The serpant lies to Adam and Eve. "You shall not surely die."
4)Jesus referred to Satan as the "Father of Lies"
5)The serpant lies to Eve. He murders them both.

"THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL"
1)God warns them not to partake from this tree or they will die.
2)Jesus says that to he who is given much is expected much. Knowledge = accountability. Now they were accountable because they had knowledge.
3)They were cast out of Eden. God says they were not to be allowed access to the tree of life now because they would "become like us knowing good from evil and having eternal life."

"NAKEDNESS AND SHAME"
1)Adam and Eve partook from the fruit of the the tree.(Good and evil)
2)God calls for them. They hide. He finds them.
3)He asks why they have covered themselves. They say they were naked and ashamed, so they covered up.
4)God asks,"How did you know you were naked?(How do you know this is "shameful"?)
5)They admit to eating from the tree. Adam blaims Eve. Eve blaims the serpant.
6)They are cast out and cursed. They know about workand intercourse now(In theory). 7)God tells Eve there will be pain in the childbirth. He tells Adam he will work hard through his life.

"THE SERPANT IS CURSED"
1)God curses the serpant to crawl on his belly to eat dust.
2)Comparatively, Cain is given the same "wording" in his curse after murdering Abel, but he does not literally crawl or eat dust.

"THE PROMISE"
1)God tells Eve her seed will crush the serpant's head and the serpant will bite his heel.
2)Jesus said he had come to destroy the works of the devil. Jesus is crucified.
3)It seems reasonable to say despite man's knowledge of good and evil, God has still allowed humans to partake from the tree of life.

"THE PLAN ALL ALONG"
1)God did not keep Adam and Eve from eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the first place. He only warned them what would happen. After the punishment for a time, he allows them to eat from the tree nevertheless.

2)He tells Eve about the "pain of giving birth". The New Testament refers to the madness ending in triumph and eternal peace as the same as a "woman giving birth and going through the pain."
3)The Bible says God does not tempt man. Without the serpant man would not have been tempted to eat from the tree of knowledge. The serpant plays a role in the finalized beauty of man's good outcome.
4)"You shall be as kings and priests". Mankind's temporary punishment for disobediance has resulted in a lesson learned and a crown on their head. A creature created and allowed knowledge. A creature in reverance of God but allowed knowledge and power. Perhaps this was simply the plan all along...

""To paint pictures like this, sometimes you have to use dark colors" -(God, from the movie,"Bruce Allmighty")
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:35:55 AM
Added thoughts:
1)The historical timeline for Adam and Eve/mankind obtaining knowledge fits reasonably with archaeology 's evidence/claims of when man began building and becoming "humanlike" or intelligent/technological/architectural.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:31:44 PM
At 8/4/2015 9:35:55 AM, Sooner wrote:
Added thoughts:
1)The historical timeline for Adam and Eve/mankind obtaining knowledge fits reasonably with archaeology 's evidence/claims of when man began building and becoming "humanlike" or intelligent/technological/architectural.
Many refutations of this exist but G"bekli Tepe will do.
Nighty night.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 1:59:44 PM
At 8/4/2015 1:12:03 PM, dhardage wrote:
Totally ridiculous equivocation.

That's what scientists said to Einstein a lot. So thank you.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:02:15 PM
At 8/4/2015 1:59:44 PM, Sooner wrote:

Name one scientist that called his theories Equivocation? Secondly, Einstein had the math knowledge and the physics knowledge to back his theories up. You are no Einstein and what you propose is not Relativity. At least try to make good analogies if you're going to use one.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:02:35 PM
At 8/4/2015 1:31:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
Added thoughts:
Nighty night.
----
I don't know what G"bekli tepe is, and I know you are a good, confident, manorly person, so I thank you for the compliment.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:10:20 PM
At 8/4/2015 2:02:35 PM, Sooner wrote:
Added thoughts:
Nighty night.
----
I don't know what G"bekli tepe is, and I know you are a good, confident, manorly person, so I thank you for the compliment.
Ahh children's insouciance.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:16:03 PM
At 8/4/2015 9:26:07 AM, Sooner wrote:
Adam means "man" in Hebrew, so perhaps the story's symbolism is monumental in deeper significance. Here is a theory.

"THE TREE OF LIFE"
1)Jesus referred to himself as "life". He also refers to himself as a vine. He also compares people to trees. "A good tree bares good fruit."
Hypothesis:
Tree = Someone
Life = Jesus
Fruit = Something someone does or says that shows who they are and can be shared with someone else.

"THE SERPANT"

2)Jesus says that to he who is given much is expected much. Knowledge = accountability. Now they were accountable because they had knowledge.
3)They were cast out of Eden. God says they were not to be allowed access to the tree of life now because they would "become like us knowing good from evil and having eternal life."

"NAKEDNESS AND SHAME"
3)He asks why they have covered themselves. They say they were naked and ashamed, so they covered up.
4)God asks,"How did you know you were naked?(How do you know this is "shameful"?)
6)They are cast out and cursed. They know about workand intercourse now(In theory). 7)God tells Eve there will be pain in the childbirth. He tells Adam he will work hard through his life.

"THE SERPANT IS CURSED"
2)Comparatively, Cain is given the same "wording" in his curse after murdering Abel, but he does not literally crawl or eat dust.

"THE PROMISE"
1)God tells Eve her seed will crush the serpant's head and the serpant will bite his heel.
3)It seems reasonable to say despite man's knowledge of good and evil, God has still allowed humans to partake from the tree of life.

"THE PLAN ALL ALONG"
1)God did not keep Adam and Eve from eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the first place. He only warned them what would happen. After the punishment for a time, he allows them to eat from the tree nevertheless.

2)He tells Eve about the "pain of giving birth". The New Testament refers to the madness ending in triumph and eternal peace as the same as a "woman giving birth and going through the pain."
3)The Bible says God does not tempt man. Without the serpant man would not have been tempted to eat from the tree of knowledge. The serpant plays a role in the finalized beauty of man's good outcome.
4)"You shall be as kings and priests". Mankind's temporary punishment for disobediance has resulted in a lesson learned and a crown on their head. A creature created and allowed knowledge. A creature in reverance of God but allowed knowledge and power. Perhaps this was simply the plan all along...

""To paint pictures like this, sometimes you have to use dark colors" -(God, from the movie,"Bruce Allmighty")

By theory and hypothesis you mean highly tenuous associations linked together with a number of steps of undemonstrable assumptions and speculative assertions.

You can make the bible say anything if you go down this route for that very reason; hell I could spin that the bible actually "tells you" it was written by man trying to fool the world into believing God actually exists if the weirdness you use here is treated as intellectually coherent.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:18:39 PM
At 8/4/2015 2:10:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
Added thoughts:
Nighty night.
----

-------
Children's insouciance
Sure, I'll have some Children's insouciance. I'd like mine with whip cream and chocolate syrup.

So we know Adam means "man" in Hebrew. How long do you think man was around before ant "real technology" to speak of arose? How long did the have the knowledge from the "tree" before kicked out of Eden? Hmmmm.... Turkey is really close to where Eden supposedly was. I think I'll use Gobekli tepe in my next topic. Thanks for the reference. I can use that.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:23:29 PM
At 8/4/2015 2:18:39 PM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:10:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
Added thoughts:
Nighty night.
----

-------
Children's insouciance
Sure, I'll have some Children's insouciance. I'd like mine with whip cream and chocolate syrup.

So we know Adam means "man" in Hebrew. How long do you think man was around before ant "real technology" to speak of arose? How long did the have the knowledge from the "tree" before kicked out of Eden? Hmmmm.... Turkey is really close to where Eden supposedly was. I think I'll use Gobekli tepe in my next topic. Thanks for the reference. I can use that.

Too bad it's 4000yrs before your god made humans. But go for it, you've got nothing else.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:24:59 PM
At 8/4/2015 2:16:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

"THE TREE OF LIFE"
Hypothesis:
Tree = Someone
Life = Jesus

"THE SERPANT"

"NAKEDNESS AND SHAME"

"THE SERPANT IS CURSED"

"THE PROMISE"

"THE PLAN ALL ALONG"

By theory and hypothesis you mean highly tenuous associations linked together with a number of steps of undemonstrable assumptions and speculative assertions.

You can make the bible say anything if you go down this route for that very reason; hell I could spin that the bible actually "tells you" it was written by man trying to fool the world into believing God actually exists if the weirdness you use here is treated as intellectually coherent.

--------

If you were a god how would you do it? Not an attack. Just curious.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:37:46 PM
At 8/4/2015 2:24:59 PM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:16:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

"THE TREE OF LIFE"
Hypothesis:
Tree = Someone
Life = Jesus

"THE SERPANT"

"NAKEDNESS AND SHAME"

"THE SERPANT IS CURSED"

"THE PROMISE"

"THE PLAN ALL ALONG"

--------

If you were a god how would you do it? Not an attack. Just curious.

How would I do what?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 2:52:23 PM
Added thoughts:

Do you have any supporting citations of archeological estimations of early human intelligence that traces it to the timeline of Adam and Eve.

Because:
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Ussher and a group of theologians and scholars in 1630 performed calculations and created a study that reported the creation of Adam on October 23, 4004 BC at 9:00 am and lived until 3074 BC.

But early humans pre-existed the creation story and appeared on the scene some 200,000 years ago.
Advanced civilizations existed before the Jewish race invented the God of the bible and their creation story. Creation did not start with the Jews . In fact the Jews were latecomers in the crowded field of early advanced civilizations such as Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, China.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 8:59:17 AM
At 8/4/2015 2:02:15 PM, dhardage wrote:

Name one scientist that called his theories Equivocation? Secondly, Einstein had the math knowledge and the physics knowledge to back his theories up. You are no Einstein and what you propose is not Relativity. At least try to make good analogies if you're going to use one.

----
Based on?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:18:30 PM

We see this a lot, believers leaping to their defenses with statements that are so obviously fabricated. How is such that believers can so easily lie? Do they have no morals? No ethics or integrity? No interest or acknowledgment to truth? When in doubt, lie?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:02:52 PM
At 8/6/2015 8:59:17 AM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/4/2015 2:02:15 PM, dhardage wrote:

----
Based on?

Still waiting on your answer to my question. If you can't do that then we have no basis for discussion.