Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Why is the Book of James so Unpopular?

August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
drmanseni
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:12:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com... : :

For one thing, most Christians do not have faith. They don't understand what it means.

Faith is something known by God's servants called prophets and saints. Faith is understood when God begins speaking into the mind of a prophet or saint or a chosen believer. This means that these people get to know the true Creator of all things. God begins working with us saints and prophets after we develop this faith in our first meeting with Him. Every time He gives us commands in our mind to obey, we know instantly it is His voice. When He starts the process of humbling our flesh, then we get to know how powerful He is over our bodies and thoughts.

During the confession and repenting process that God guides us saints through, He is giving us commands to obey and forcing our flesh through situations to thoroughly humble it before He can use the flesh to start testifying to His knowledge in written and spoken form. The flesh is of this world and was made to reject the Truth, which is what God calls Himself and His thoughts where we all came from. This is why it has to be totally humbled before God can start using it for His purpose to reveal His knowledge about the past, present and future. When we testify, we are writing and speaking knowledge that we've never known before so the flesh has to be out of the way in order to do this. The flesh cannot be involved in this testimony except to write and speak for God.

Once God sends us saints out to preach the gospel, we find God's chosen believers who don't know God by faith. They get to know Him indirectly through observations such as miracles they can't explain and many other ways. I have met believers who have known Him since they were being formed in the womb of their mothers. A few of them even heard His voice but only to get their attention and let them know He is real. These believers have true faith but most of them can only believe our gospel when it is heard by them. That's because they never had faith in God, which means they didn't hear His voice and know for sure it was Him. However, when they hear His voice in the gospel we preach to them, they are hearing His voice for the first time. When they hear His voice, many of them know right away that it's Him. Other believers are like doubting Thomas and don't have much trust in the gospel but if they keep listening to God's voice, they eventually start believing it is His voice. Then they're able to concentrate on the knowledge that comes out of God's voice ( the gospel ).
Outplayz
Posts: 1,267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

I think we should follow his advice and make this world the paradise it is suppose to be ... however, finding out how to do that, one must accept "everyone." That is a heavy statement if one thinks about it, yet i think it can be done; eventually. We just have to put everything down and reflect. Start building. Build amazing structures, build science, build medicine, build our world for everyone. Why is it only me that see's this is possible? It is labels that is holding us back, it is bias, arrogance, evil ... humans are all evil right now. A softer version of evil, but that is the most deadly. We just don't care about each other. I honestly want to say hi to everyone, i want to hang out with everyone, i want the world to be smiles ... However, the darkness in our hearts is too bright ...
drmanseni
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

I think we should follow his advice and make this world the paradise it is suppose to be ... however, finding out how to do that, one must accept "everyone." That is a heavy statement if one thinks about it, yet i think it can be done; eventually. We just have to put everything down and reflect. Start building. Build amazing structures, build science, build medicine, build our world for everyone. Why is it only me that see's this is possible? It is labels that is holding us back, it is bias, arrogance, evil ... humans are all evil right now. A softer version of evil, but that is the most deadly. We just don't care about each other. I honestly want to say hi to everyone, i want to hang out with everyone, i want the world to be smiles ... However, the darkness in our hearts is too bright ... : :

Don't worry about our future. God's plan is to destroy everything on this earth to start a new Heaven and Earth in which we will never know what evil means. We won't have a tree of the knowledge of good and evil to experience in Paradise.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

I think we should follow his advice and make this world the paradise it is suppose to be ... however, finding out how to do that, one must accept "everyone." That is a heavy statement if one thinks about it, yet i think it can be done; eventually. We just have to put everything down and reflect. Start building. Build amazing structures, build science, build medicine, build our world for everyone. Why is it only me that see's this is possible? It is labels that is holding us back, it is bias, arrogance, evil ... humans are all evil right now. A softer version of evil, but that is the most deadly. We just don't care about each other. I honestly want to say hi to everyone, i want to hang out with everyone, i want the world to be smiles ... However, the darkness in our hearts is too bright ... : :

Don't worry about our future. God's plan is to destroy everything on this earth to start a new Heaven and Earth in which we will never know what evil means. We won't have a tree of the knowledge of good and evil to experience in Paradise.

No offense, but i am worried about your view. I don't want everything destroyed, i would rather everyone learn to accept each other for what they/we are. That's the only way we will find paradise here. Trust me, i know the implications to what i am saying, but it can be done if we are not so easily offended or care about what others are. I presume higher capacity humans will arrive to help put this idea in motion in the future, my prophecy (i'm not worried, just a little impatient).
drmanseni
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 11:52:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

I think we should follow his advice and make this world the paradise it is suppose to be ... however, finding out how to do that, one must accept "everyone." That is a heavy statement if one thinks about it, yet i think it can be done; eventually. We just have to put everything down and reflect. Start building. Build amazing structures, build science, build medicine, build our world for everyone. Why is it only me that see's this is possible? It is labels that is holding us back, it is bias, arrogance, evil ... humans are all evil right now. A softer version of evil, but that is the most deadly. We just don't care about each other. I honestly want to say hi to everyone, i want to hang out with everyone, i want the world to be smiles ... However, the darkness in our hearts is too bright ... : :

Don't worry about our future. God's plan is to destroy everything on this earth to start a new Heaven and Earth in which we will never know what evil means. We won't have a tree of the knowledge of good and evil to experience in Paradise.

No offense, but i am worried about your view. I don't want everything destroyed, i would rather everyone learn to accept each other for what they/we are. That's the only way we will find paradise here. Trust me, i know the implications to what i am saying, but it can be done if we are not so easily offended or care about what others are. I presume higher capacity humans will arrive to help put this idea in motion in the future, my prophecy (i'm not worried, just a little impatient). : :

The visible characters in this age are only illusions who aren't real anyway. Our true reality is a created invisible being made as information that can't be burned up or drowned in water. When a New Heaven and Earth appear, God will give us former saints and prophets new bodies that will be radically different than what we are observing in this world. Our new bodies will look much alike with very slight differences so that we won't put ourselves in special groups like we do in this world.

However, each created man will have two bodies. One will be a male and the other will be female. You will have your own unique experiences ( visions and dreams ) in different kinds of bodies so that life will never get boring. You and your mate will always have different perspectives in each experience so you will have lots to talk about. When you meet other people ( brothers in the Lord ) you will have conversation about your new experiences instead of gossiping about your friends and neighbors like we do in this age. This will keep our conversations lively and exciting.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:04:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 11:52:57 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

I think we should follow his advice and make this world the paradise it is suppose to be ... however, finding out how to do that, one must accept "everyone." That is a heavy statement if one thinks about it, yet i think it can be done; eventually. We just have to put everything down and reflect. Start building. Build amazing structures, build science, build medicine, build our world for everyone. Why is it only me that see's this is possible? It is labels that is holding us back, it is bias, arrogance, evil ... humans are all evil right now. A softer version of evil, but that is the most deadly. We just don't care about each other. I honestly want to say hi to everyone, i want to hang out with everyone, i want the world to be smiles ... However, the darkness in our hearts is too bright ... : :

Don't worry about our future. God's plan is to destroy everything on this earth to start a new Heaven and Earth in which we will never know what evil means. We won't have a tree of the knowledge of good and evil to experience in Paradise.

No offense, but i am worried about your view. I don't want everything destroyed, i would rather everyone learn to accept each other for what they/we are. That's the only way we will find paradise here. Trust me, i know the implications to what i am saying, but it can be done if we are not so easily offended or care about what others are. I presume higher capacity humans will arrive to help put this idea in motion in the future, my prophecy (i'm not worried, just a little impatient). : :

The visible characters in this age are only illusions who aren't real anyway. Our true reality is a created invisible being made as information that can't be burned up or drowned in water. When a New Heaven and Earth appear, God will give us former saints and prophets new bodies that will be radically different than what we are observing in this world. Our new bodies will look much alike with very slight differences so that we won't put ourselves in special groups like we do in this world.

However, each created man will have two bodies. One will be a male and the other will be female. You will have your own unique experiences ( visions and dreams ) in different kinds of bodies so that life will never get boring. You and your mate will always have different perspectives in each experience so you will have lots to talk about. When you meet other people ( brothers in the Lord ) you will have conversation about your new experiences instead of gossiping about your friends and neighbors like we do in this age. This will keep our conversations lively and exciting.

Why can't we do what you have said now? For me the answer is that our mental capacity isn't to that point. But, i am asking you the question with the future in mind. We don't need a god to do it for us, we can do it ourselves imho.
drmanseni
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:15:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:04:08 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:52:57 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

I think we should follow his advice and make this world the paradise it is suppose to be ... however, finding out how to do that, one must accept "everyone." That is a heavy statement if one thinks about it, yet i think it can be done; eventually. We just have to put everything down and reflect. Start building. Build amazing structures, build science, build medicine, build our world for everyone. Why is it only me that see's this is possible? It is labels that is holding us back, it is bias, arrogance, evil ... humans are all evil right now. A softer version of evil, but that is the most deadly. We just don't care about each other. I honestly want to say hi to everyone, i want to hang out with everyone, i want the world to be smiles ... However, the darkness in our hearts is too bright ... : :

Don't worry about our future. God's plan is to destroy everything on this earth to start a new Heaven and Earth in which we will never know what evil means. We won't have a tree of the knowledge of good and evil to experience in Paradise.

No offense, but i am worried about your view. I don't want everything destroyed, i would rather everyone learn to accept each other for what they/we are. That's the only way we will find paradise here. Trust me, i know the implications to what i am saying, but it can be done if we are not so easily offended or care about what others are. I presume higher capacity humans will arrive to help put this idea in motion in the future, my prophecy (i'm not worried, just a little impatient). : :

The visible characters in this age are only illusions who aren't real anyway. Our true reality is a created invisible being made as information that can't be burned up or drowned in water. When a New Heaven and Earth appear, God will give us former saints and prophets new bodies that will be radically different than what we are observing in this world. Our new bodies will look much alike with very slight differences so that we won't put ourselves in special groups like we do in this world.

However, each created man will have two bodies. One will be a male and the other will be female. You will have your own unique experiences ( visions and dreams ) in different kinds of bodies so that life will never get boring. You and your mate will always have different perspectives in each experience so you will have lots to talk about. When you meet other people ( brothers in the Lord ) you will have conversation about your new experiences instead of gossiping about your friends and neighbors like we do in this age. This will keep our conversations lively and exciting.

Why can't we do what you have said now? For me the answer is that our mental capacity isn't to that point. But, i am asking you the question with the future in mind. We don't need a god to do it for us, we can do it ourselves imho. : :

Our Creator is the one who created us as His characters and the one who gives us our thoughts to think with but those of us who are chosen get to expand those thoughts into the future. He gives us a lot more information than most of His people.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:16:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:15:07 AM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:04:08 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:52:57 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Our Creator is the one who created us as His characters and the one who gives us our thoughts to think with but those of us who are chosen get to expand those thoughts into the future. He gives us a lot more information than most of His people.

There ya go again, giving God all the credit for your lies.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
drmanseni
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:20:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:16:15 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:15:07 AM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:04:08 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:52:57 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Our Creator is the one who created us as His characters and the one who gives us our thoughts to think with but those of us who are chosen get to expand those thoughts into the future. He gives us a lot more information than most of His people.

There ya go again, giving God all the credit for your lies. : :

It's sad to see an antichrist who didn't get any future information to enjoy. In the next age, you will get to enjoy everything that God created for you to experience without ever being jealous and envious of someone else's thoughts.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:22:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

Because, James was wack. Try Romans.

Jaykay. Idk, but tbh, Romans is by far my favorite. James is lackluster.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 12:46:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:20:27 AM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:16:15 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:15:07 AM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/5/2015 12:04:08 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:52:57 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:37:23 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:28:49 PM, drmanseni wrote:
At 8/4/2015 11:22:11 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Our Creator is the one who created us as His characters and the one who gives us our thoughts to think with but those of us who are chosen get to expand those thoughts into the future. He gives us a lot more information than most of His people.

There ya go again, giving God all the credit for your lies. : :

It's sad to see an antichrist who didn't get any future information to enjoy.

Yes, it is. I'd rather not directly get it and know I didn't than to think I got it, then realize I had screwed up badly - i.e., that I actually was all mixed up about the whole mess.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 2:07:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/5/2015 12:22:13 AM, Such wrote:
At 8/4/2015 9:42:47 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Yeah I was reading James last night. it's always been one of my favorite Books of the New Testament. And it should be good, right? since James was Jesus' brother. He knew what He was talkin' about man! LOL. and many people call it the Proverbs of the NT. I think it has some of the best advice for living today in the entire Bible. Its not dated at all like some of the Bible laws and rules are.
So I ask why is it so unpopular? I once heard it was almost banned from the Bible? oh I DO know why I think? Because James preaches that Faith without Works is Dead! Well I agree! Faith alone is not enough. Like Paul said. But some Christians are lazy and dont want to get out there and dirty their hands and work for the Lord. Help the needy. Volunteer. Spread the Word. Give your testimony for God. Do it. So why do you like James or not like Him? And do you agree or disagree about Faith Without Works is Dead?
God Bless! And dont forget to Work for God!

http://www.topverses.com...

Because, James was wack. Try Romans.

Jaykay. Idk, but tbh, Romans is by far my favorite. James is lackluster.

Wack? How so?

Lackluster you say? Many who would rather wax philosophy and theology instead of doing nuts and bolts Good Works and helping others tend to say that. its easier to think if you believe and say you accept JC as your Savior than you are Saved. Trust me it doesnt work like that. God's not letting you off that easy, brother. he Saved me yes and my Life but now I have to devote my Life to Him and doing His work. Next Fall I begin Unity Ministry School. Oh if reading Paul does it for you and convinces you your in God's Grace thats all well anf good for ya. But I wouldnt count on getting tot The Next Level. Do you need some quotes by Jesus on doing Good Works?
God Bless.

ps--I love Romans too. And Galatians, Ephesians, and Hebrews. Also I Corinth!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 2:52:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'd imagine that James would be unpopular for anyone who...

feels convicted by the idea that if they have faith, it would be evident in what they do.

they don't like the idea that they might have to think about the things before they say them, because speech is an important aspect of religion.

feels that they are better than anyone else.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer