Jump to topic:

Child Sex Abuse Rampant in JW Cult

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:36:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Does anyone still seriously contest that the patriarchal environment fostered within JW families leads to systematic sexual abuse of children?

http://www.smh.com.au...

The head of the Jehovah's Witness Church legal department, Vincent Toole, told the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse he was taking three to four calls a month about child molestation within the church, which has about 70,000 members in Australia.
"
Under cross-examination from counsel assisting Angus Stewart, Mr Toole conceded church members had no moral obligation to report child sexual abuse to the secular authorities. "Elders do not have the scriptural authority to take away the right of the individual to decide whether or not they want to pursue the matter," he said.

That's about 50 per year amongst about 20,000 families, being generous. Every year 1 in 400 families has an incident of child sexual abuse, and that is only those that are reported.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:46:24 AM
At 8/5/2015 7:36:22 AM, dee-em wrote:
Does anyone still seriously contest that the patriarchal environment fostered within JW families leads to systematic sexual abuse of children?

The head of the Jehovah's Witness Church legal department, Vincent Toole, told the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse he was taking three to four calls a month about child molestation within the church, which has about 70,000 members in Australia.
"
Under cross-examination from counsel assisting Angus Stewart, Mr Toole conceded church members had no moral obligation to report child sexual abuse to the secular authorities. "Elders do not have the scriptural authority to take away the right of the individual to decide whether or not they want to pursue the matter," he said.

That's about 50 per year amongst about 20,000 families, being generous. Every year 1 in 400 families has an incident of child sexual abuse, and that is only those that are reported.

The JW cult is very nasty indeed. Sadly though child sexual abuse seems to be rampant in many faiths. When I was 14 the pastor of our Pentecostal church liked to stroke my thigh as he was driving me home from the mid week youth meeting, whilst doing it he kept telling me how beautiful my mother was!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:53:46 AM
At 8/5/2015 7:46:24 AM, JJ50 wrote:

"

The JW cult is very nasty indeed. Sadly though child sexual abuse seems to be rampant in many faiths. When I was 14 the pastor of our Pentecostal church liked to stroke my thigh as he was driving me home from the mid week youth meeting, whilst doing it he kept telling me how beautiful my mother was!

How creepy. Never trust a man in a frock, I say.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 8:16:30 AM
At 8/5/2015 7:53:46 AM, dee-em wrote:

"

So now ya want me to give all my dresses to the salvos. What about the underwear? :)
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:12:36 AM
At 8/5/2015 8:16:30 AM, bulproof wrote:

"

So now ya want me to give all my dresses to the salvos. What about the underwear? :)

Keep your panties on, please. Lol.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:28:21 AM
At 8/5/2015 9:12:36 AM, dee-em wrote:

"

If you are Mormon your underwear can protect you from such advances
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:33:29 AM
At 8/5/2015 9:28:21 AM, ironslippers wrote:
At 8/5/2015 9:12:36 AM, dee-em wrote:

"

If you are Mormon your underwear can protect you from such advances

Well I am takin' 'em off then.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin