Jump to topic:

Unbelievers

bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:27:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Unbelievers were chosen by God to reject His gospel while chosen believers were meant to hear His gospel. The gospel is His voice that is spoken by His prophets and us saints.

Unbelievers consist of people who call themselves theists, atheists, agnostics. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, black, white, yellow, beautiful, ugly, etc.

The outward appearance of a man is not the true reality of a man so don't be deceived by that.

We saints know who listens to the voice of God or not so whoever rejects His voice is an unbeliever. It makes no difference to us what you call yourselves in this visible world.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:41:32 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:27:45 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
Unbelievers were chosen by God to reject His gospel while chosen believers were meant to hear His gospel.

Then obviously, there is nothing we can do about it except burst into song...

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
sheskew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:42:54 PM
This is an interesting proposition, and an old one as well. Much of the schism that formed the Protestant branch of Christianity consisted of the debate between salvation through faith/works and salvation through predestination.

Logically, the idea holds merit. Any being that has omniscient knowledge of the future and omnipotent power over reality would either know or have personally determined every thought and action we have, long before we even exist. Of course, asserting predestination is all well and good -- how can you show it to be true? I could equally well assert that Odin and Thor gamble in Valhalla to determine who receives a reward in the afterlife, and that Loki has put false thoughts in your mind to deceive you, simply because it's in his nature to be a trickster. On the face of it, my premise is just as logical as yours. How would we show your statement to be true and mine to be false?
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:46:22 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:41:32 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Unbelievers were chosen by God to reject His gospel while chosen believers were meant to hear His gospel.

Que sera, sera
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be : ;

Now you're getting it my friend. Everything happens according to God's will, not the will of man.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:47:18 PM
Unbelievers were chosen by God to reject His gospel while chosen believers were meant to hear His gospel. The gospel is His voice that is spoken by His prophets and us saints.

Unbelievers consist of people who call themselves theists, atheists, agnostics. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, black, white, yellow, beautiful, ugly, etc.

The outward appearance of a man is not the true reality of a man so don't be deceived by that.

We saints know who listens to the voice of God or not so whoever rejects His voice is an unbeliever. It makes no difference to us what you call yourselves in this visible world.

Until you provide some form of evidence to support your claims, they will be unfounded, and therefore useless.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:50:09 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:42:54 PM, sheskew wrote:
This is an interesting proposition, and an old one as well. Much of the schism that formed the Protestant branch of Christianity consisted of the debate between salvation through faith/works and salvation through predestination.

Logically, the idea holds merit. Any being that has omniscient knowledge of the future and omnipotent power over reality would either know or have personally determined every thought and action we have, long before we even exist. Of course, asserting predestination is all well and good -- how can you show it to be true? I could equally well assert that Odin and Thor gamble in Valhalla to determine who receives a reward in the afterlife, and that Loki has put false thoughts in your mind to deceive you, simply because it's in his nature to be a trickster. On the face of it, my premise is just as logical as yours. How would we show your statement to be true and mine to be false? : :

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:51:09 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:47:18 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

Until you provide some form of evidence to support your claims, they will be unfounded, and therefore useless. : :

Unbelievers look for evidence. God's chosen believers hear His voice and respond in joy.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:55:45 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:46:22 PM, bnrobertson wrote:

Que sera, sera
Que sera, sera

Now you're getting it my friend. Everything happens according to God's will, not the will of man.

Yes, and I am God and you are the man, a man I have chosen to speak through who will now know that at times I will speak and deceive you but you will never know those times. It will all be the Truth for you always.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
sheskew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:57:59 PM
Question: what method do you use to guard yourself from the possibility that you might be mistaken? History is littered with men who were fanatically certain of a particular faith position. Think of cargo cults, worship of all manner of petty gods in ancient history, and various suicide cults that have made the news over the past 30 years. Consider nonreligious faith positions, such as conspiracy theorists who believe in faked moon landings, alien abduction, etc. Clearly, people can possess strong, certain convictions about a faith position, and yet hold incorrect beliefs. What's the best way to make sure that isn't you?
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:58:17 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:51:09 PM, bnrobertson wrote:

Until you provide some form of evidence to support your claims, they will be unfounded, and therefore useless. : :

Unbelievers look for evidence. God's chosen believers hear His voice and respond in joy.

Of course I look for evidence, as evidence is the most logical thing to base belief upon.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 9:59:46 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:55:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Que sera, sera
Que sera, sera

Yes, and I am God and you are the man, a man I have chosen to speak through who will now know that at times I will speak and deceive you but you will never know those times. It will all be the Truth for you always. : :

The Truth will be known to you in Paradise in your new bodies.
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:01:18 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:57:59 PM, sheskew wrote:
Question: what method do you use to guard yourself from the possibility that you might be mistaken? History is littered with men who were fanatically certain of a particular faith position. Think of cargo cults, worship of all manner of petty gods in ancient history, and various suicide cults that have made the news over the past 30 years. Consider nonreligious faith positions, such as conspiracy theorists who believe in faked moon landings, alien abduction, etc. Clearly, people can possess strong, certain convictions about a faith position, and yet hold incorrect beliefs. What's the best way to make sure that isn't you? : :

I'm sure our Creator made mistakes as He put His program called Eternal Life together in His thoughts. But whatever He created cannot be changed by His characters who are nothing but illusions.
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:02:07 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:58:17 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

Of course I look for evidence, as evidence is the most logical thing to base belief upon. : :

I can see that you're not a quantum physicist or a saint.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:03:50 PM
At 8/5/2015 9:59:46 PM, bnrobertson wrote:

Que sera, sera
Que sera, sera

Yes, and I am God and you are the man, a man I have chosen to speak through who will now know that at times I will speak and deceive you but you will never know those times. It will all be the Truth for you always. : :

Yes, as I speak through you, so shall you be deceived, but you will never know it.
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:06:48 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:03:50 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Que sera, sera
Que sera, sera

Yes, as I speak through you, so shall you be deceived, but you will never know it. : :

You speak wisdom in reverse. That's what all antichrists do.
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:06:58 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:02:07 PM, bnrobertson wrote:

Of course I look for evidence, as evidence is the most logical thing to base belief upon. : :

You are very much correct. I am not nearly smart enough to be a quantum physicist, or delusional enough to be a saint.
-Richard Dawkins
-Richard Dawkins
sheskew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:08:32 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:01:18 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
Question: what method do you use to guard yourself from the possibility that you might be mistaken? History is littered with men who were fanatically certain of a particular faith position. Think of cargo cults, worship of all manner of petty gods in ancient history, and various suicide cults that have made the news over the past 30 years. Consider nonreligious faith positions, such as conspiracy theorists who believe in faked moon landings, alien abduction, etc. Clearly, people can possess strong, certain convictions about a faith position, and yet hold incorrect beliefs. What's the best way to make sure that isn't you? : :

I'm sure our Creator made mistakes as He put His program called Eternal Life together in His thoughts. But whatever He created cannot be changed by His characters who are nothing but illusions.

Sir. Not to put too fine a point upon it, but you are dodging my question. :)
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:08:49 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:06:58 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

You are very much correct. I am not nearly smart enough to be a quantum physicist, or delusional enough to be a saint. : :

Most likely you will remain that way until your body dies in this world.. You will be a lot smarter in Paradise with your new bodies.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:10:23 PM

Then why do you feel trapped in your body and want your body to be killed?
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:11:46 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:08:49 PM, bnrobertson wrote:

You are very much correct. I am not nearly smart enough to be a quantum physicist, or delusional enough to be a saint. : :

Most likely you will remain that way until your body dies in this world.. You will be a lot smarter in Paradise with your new bodies.

I suppose we will see about that.
-Richard Dawkins
-Richard Dawkins
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:44:21 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:06:48 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
At 8/5/2015 10:03:50 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Que sera, sera
Que sera, sera

Yes, as I speak through you, so shall you be deceived, but you will never know it. : :

You speak wisdom in reverse. That's what all antichrists do.

I speak through you and I speak what I choose because I am God.
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 10:59:12 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:08:32 PM, sheskew wrote:

Sir. Not to put too fine a point upon it, but you are dodging my question. :) : :

Question: what method do you use to guard yourself from the possibility that you might be mistaken? : :

I am the voice of the Lord and whatever comes forth from Me is the life you experience. No one on this planet can say this in the face of ALL God's people.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:03:31 PM

Hearing is not the opposite of rejection.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:10:01 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:10:23 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Then why do you feel trapped in your body and want your body to be killed? : :

Because I know the future and the freedoms we will experience.
sheskew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:10:03 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:59:12 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
I am the voice of the Lord and whatever comes forth from Me is the life you experience. No one on this planet can say this in the face of ALL God's people.

Politely, I must disagree. MANY people have claimed be privy to special divinely given information or to be able to work miracles. A VERY brief list might include Joseph Smith, L. Ron Hubbard, Charles Russell, Warren Jeffs, Jesus Christ, every single Catholic pope, and (from what I've seen) three or four of the posters on this forum.

Put yourself in my position. I am confronted by many people who claim divine authority. They all claim that everyone else's claims are false. It's wise for me to be skeptical -- at a minimum, 99% of the people who make such claims are mistaken. For all you know, you might be one of those 99%. You feel very sure that you're correct, but the others all felt that way too. How do you guard yourself from error? How do you establish credibility when you present yourself to people who have heard false claims many times before?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:10:30 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:59:12 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
At 8/5/2015 10:08:32 PM, sheskew wrote:

Sir. Not to put too fine a point upon it, but you are dodging my question. :) : :

Question: what method do you use to guard yourself from the possibility that you might be mistaken? : :

How has your voice and the nonsense that comes out of your mouth shape anyone's experience? You are largely ignore and your mental state questioned. Your son's voice shaped your future and your homeless experience. He told you to get out of his house and you have been homeless since 2011.
How can you face all God's people when your own son rejected you and told you to get lost?
bnrobertson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:11:21 PM
At 8/5/2015 10:11:46 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

I suppose we will see about that. : :

If you continue to listen to the gospel that comes forth in my written and spoken testimonies for our Creator, you will learn knowledge that most people on this planet have never known before.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:37:02 PM
At 8/5/2015 11:10:01 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
At 8/5/2015 10:10:23 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Then why do you feel trapped in your body and want your body to be killed? : :

Because I know the future and the freedoms we will experience.

What future do you see as a homeless beggar living outside a church in a sleeping bad? What freedom do you experience confined to a sleeping bag in some hidden corner of a church to avoid the police? Facts are stubborn, you cannot wish them away.

Brad wrote:"I was sleeping in a park until the police made me leave. Now I'm sleeping next to a church building where the police can't find me. "
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 11:42:55 PM
At 8/5/2015 11:11:21 PM, bnrobertson wrote:
At 8/5/2015 10:11:46 PM, joetheripper117 wrote:

I suppose we will see about that. : :

If you continue to listen to the gospel that comes forth in my written and spoken testimonies for our Creator, you will learn knowledge that most people on this planet have never known before.

Again, your claims mean nothing without evidence to back them up.
-Richard Dawkins
-Richard Dawkins