Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Any Christian turned Athiests? (and why)

Emhyr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:13:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Long story short: Was raised in an entirely Christian area, thought for myself, now agnostic (only because Science doesn't explain how the universe was created).

Anyone else has a similar experience?
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:18:07 AM
At 8/6/2015 2:13:04 AM, Emhyr wrote:
Long story short: Was raised in an entirely Christian area, thought for myself, now agnostic (only because Science doesn't explain how the universe was created).

I had a pretty similar experience. I was raised a catholic, but became an agnostic atheist over a long period of time. The main reason was because I could not find any evidence of a god, and thus had no reason to believe in one.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:20:14 AM
At 8/6/2015 2:13:04 AM, Emhyr wrote:

Yes, I was raised and accepted Christianity for 35 years. (I'm a preacher's kid) I've been a weak atheist for the past six years or so.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:52:33 PM
Science seemed to disagree with theistic claims the more I learned.
History seemed to disagree with theistic claims the more I learned.
Philosophy (coupled with the above) seemed to disagree with theistic claims the more I learned.
So I disgarded theism.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:31:44 PM
Raised in a Baptist household, saw the hypocrisy of the church and found that the entire system lacked real evidence. I dropped religion in general and became agnostic about how the universe came to be. Still waiting for further developments, not expecting the answer in my lifetime but I enjoy the hunt.