Jump to topic:

Kickin' Asss in the Name of the Lord?

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 2:17:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a question for my Brother and Sister Christians. Atheists, I usually try to talk with you when I can and sometimes welcome your input but Im not intersted in it here on this thread since its on a topic you just arent aquainted with. So thanks for staying off my Thread.
My Question: What do you Christians think of the idea of sometimes using Force, even violence, in doing God's work? The Bible seems definately split on this, depending on which Testament you read. LOL. But if an Atheist is, say in oyur face and demeaning the Lord? Or another Christian? Or mocking the Holy spirit? We know that Jesus said that's the only unforgiveable Sin, right? Denying the Spirit? Im not talking of killing anyone, mind you. But as my Dad would have said, "a good old-fashioned asss-kickin'?" And only if they engage first? Some of them out there are looking for trouble and to usurp a Christian's attempt to do God's Work and spread the Word? And maybe a good old fahsoined bloody nose would teach them a lesson and make them think twice. Maybe even show them the Power Behind a Believer? That we're not gonna turn theother cheek of the situation demands it? Even Jesus spoke of taking up swords.
Have always been a brawler. Streetfighter. I have done no violence since being Saved. But maybe since the situation on Earth is getting dire with the ferocity of hostile Atheists God needs more soldiers willing to act on His behalf in more than verbal ways? I always wondered why God Saved a sinner like me? Maybe this is part of it? Even sanctioned fights? Like here at my Box? Get confronted by a hostile Atheist abusing another Believer or me,or the Lord's Name and ask him for a friendly (LOL) little boxing or MMA match here at my Box? (Gym.."box" is what we in CrossFit call them).
Thanks for your thoughts, Brothers and Sisters. Again: what does the Lord really rhink about fighting for His name?
God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 2:27:30 AM
"Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-35)
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 2:30:45 AM
LOL. The Crusades and Inquisitions are back. Praise Jesus!
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 2:39:44 AM
At 8/10/2015 2:30:45 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Again, Im not speaking of murder, for that would violate one of God's Commandments. Dont you agree that sometimes Fire must be met with Fire? Some poor souls understand nothing else. And I just dont see how God would have a problem with one of His Devoted using justified and righteous Force in His Name.
And yes, my friend, Praise Jesus!!
And God Bless!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 2:57:42 AM
At 8/10/2015 2:17:41 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I have a question for my Brother and Sister Christians. Atheists, I usually try to talk with you when I can and sometimes welcome your input but Im not intersted in it here on this thread since its on a topic you just arent aquainted with. So thanks for staying off my Thread.
My Question: What do you Christians think of the idea of sometimes using Force, even violence, in doing God's work? The Bible seems definately split on this, depending on which Testament you read. LOL. But if an Atheist is, say in oyur face and demeaning the Lord? Or another Christian? Or mocking the Holy spirit? We know that Jesus said that's the only unforgiveable Sin, right? Denying the Spirit? Im not talking of killing anyone, mind you. But as my Dad would have said,And only if they engage first? Some of them out there are looking for trouble and to usurp a Christian's attempt to do God's Work and spread the Word? And maybe a good old fahsoined bloody nose would teach them a lesson and make them think twice. Maybe even show them the Power Behind a Believer? That we're not gonna turn theother cheek of the situation demands it? Even Jesus spoke of taking up swords.
Have always been a brawler. Streetfighter. I have done no violence since being Saved. But maybe since the situation on Earth is getting dire with the ferocity of hostile Atheists God needs more soldiers willing to act on His behalf in more than verbal ways? I always wondered why God Saved a sinner like me? Maybe this is part of it? Even sanctioned fights? Like here at my Box? Get confronted by a hostile Atheist abusing another Believer or me,or the Lord's Name and ask him for a friendly (LOL) little boxing or MMA match here at my Box? (Gym.."box" is what we in CrossFit call them).
Thanks for your thoughts, Brothers and Sisters. Again: what does the Lord really rhink about fighting for His name?
God Bless.

Lol uuuhhhh is this for real?
We don't need to do any butt kicking other than in the spirit lol (try Ephesians 6). I believe we need to protect our beliefs in a public forum among innocent, fragile vulnerable minds but violence is out of the question. At least as long any loved ones aren't being harmed there is no place for it in spirituality.
The "taking up swords" thing is just an illustration man take it easy lol. Go watch some MMA or something, I love the mental aspect of full contact sports, quite fascinating. But we need to move like Anderson Silva, we don't attack we counter, we move like water.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 2:58:41 AM

That has no place in what Jesus taught, praise be to the wicked one.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:00:40 AM
My Question: What do you Christians think of the idea of sometimes using Force, even violence, in doing God's work? The Bible seems definately split on this, depending on which Testament you read. LOL. But if an Atheist is, say in oyur face and demeaning the Lord? Or another Christian? Or mocking the Holy spirit? We know that Jesus said that's the only unforgiveable Sin, right? Denying the Spirit? Im not talking of killing anyone, mind you. But as my Dad would have said, "a good old-fashioned asss-kickin'?" And only if they engage first? Some of them out there are looking for trouble and to usurp a Christian's attempt to do God's Work and spread the Word? And maybe a good old fahsoined bloody nose would teach them a lesson and make them think twice. Maybe even show them the Power Behind a Believer? That we're not gonna turn theother cheek of the situation demands it? Even Jesus spoke of taking up swords.
God Bless.

I think you are offbase. The greatest victory is to sidestep a battle with wit that leads to mutual gain. God can defend himself, he does not need you to bloody someones nose. When someone tells you that god is a fairytail, reply by saying "I get it man, I was you once". Avoid violence, unless it comes to you, then squash it.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:13:40 AM
When slapped on the asss, turn the other cheek?

I AM not a atheist. If a label must be applied just put offended by a lime green gumdrop.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:16:41 AM
Anyone returning a negative action to a negative action will only further themselves with negative consequences. You reap what you sow. Be harmless no matter what unless a life is in danger. Fighting someone for talking negative towards the Holy Spirit is absurd and advice no real Born Again would ever suggest. This guy is clearly an imposter for obvious reasons.
ex_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:39:54 AM
God Bless. : :

The Lord doesn't care what his heathens do in this world.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:54:43 AM
God Bless.

It looks like godbotherering has become a chore and the miraculously saved has already started his backslide into evil.
Praise the monkeys.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:14:28 AM
You brought up Matthew 10:34, but Jesus is not talking about literally being violent or taking up swords. That notion would directly contradict his previous statements on the topic. Rather he was talking about his message dividing households, some family members accepting it and others not.
Matthew 5:9: "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." (NIV)
Luke 9:51-56: "When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem; and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, 'Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?' But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, 'You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men"s lives, but to save them.'] And they went on to another village." (NIV)
Proverbs 24:29: "Do not say, 'I'll do to them as they have done to me; I'll pay them back for what they did.'"
Matthew 5:39: "But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."
Proverbs 26:17: "Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own."
2 Timothy 2:24: "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful."
When the apostle Peter tried defend Jesus with a lethal weapon, Matther 26:52 says: "'Put your sword back in its place,' Jesus said to him, 'for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.'"
Matthew 5:43-45: "'You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.'" (NIV)
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 10:41:05 AM
God Bless.

Whilst you are entitled to believe what you wish to believe, however crazy, you are NOT entitled to force your version of faith on others who don't see it your way!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 4:05:49 PM
At 8/10/2015 2:39:44 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Again, Im not speaking of murder, for that would violate one of God's Commandments. Dont you agree that sometimes Fire must be met with Fire? Some poor souls understand nothing else. And I just dont see how God would have a problem with one of His Devoted using justified and righteous Force in His Name.
And God Bless!

You wish to exact violence on those who don't believe as you do. It has gone well beyond the need for you to seek professional help because now you are now a threat to society and need to be put away.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 4:10:40 PM
At 8/10/2015 2:58:41 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

That has no place in what Jesus taught, praise be to the wicked one.

Deuteronomy 19:18
And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;

Esther 2:23
And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king.

Psalms 9:12
When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 4:22:50 PM
Depends on who you talk to. Me personally, I think it would be shameful to ever do physical violence in the name of one who was called the Prince of Peace and counseled his followers to turn the other cheek.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:31:29 PM
At 8/10/2015 6:39:54 AM, ex_friend wrote:
God Bless. : :

The Lord doesn't care what his heathens do in this world.

Even if those Heathens attacks His Believers and His Faithful? If He doesn't care then why Jesus?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:35:31 PM
At 8/10/2015 2:57:42 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
My Question: What do you Christians think of the idea of sometimes using Force, even violence, in doing God's work? The Bible seems definately split on this, depending on which Testament you read. LOL. But if an Atheist is, say in oyur face and demeaning the Lord? Or another Christian? Or mocking the Holy spirit? We know that Jesus said that's the only unforgiveable Sin, right? Denying the Spirit? Im not talking of killing anyone, mind you. But as my Dad would have said,And only if they engage first? Some of them out there are looking for trouble and to usurp a Christian's attempt to do God's Work and spread the Word? And maybe a good old fahsoined bloody nose would teach them a lesson and make them think twice. Maybe even show them the Power Behind a Believer? That we're not gonna turn theother cheek of the situation demands it? Even Jesus spoke of taking up swords.
God Bless.

We don't need to do any butt kicking other than in the spirit lol (try Ephesians 6). I believe we need to protect our beliefs in a public forum among innocent, fragile vulnerable minds but violence is out of the question. At least as long any loved ones aren't being harmed there is no place for it in spirituality.
The "taking up swords" thing is just an illustration man take it easy lol. Go watch some MMA or something, I love the mental aspect of full contact sports, quite fascinating. But we need to move like Anderson Silva, we don't attack we counter, we move like water.

lol---we TEACH MMA here in out box, brother. so I watch it every day! Im not sure the taking up swords quote isnt literal either. you must remember the times when Jesus said it. and how his Followers were being martyrd. And no Im not talking about going out and hurting anybody who doesnt believe, or looking for fights. Not at all. Please let me make that clear. Im talking in instances of Defending the Faithful. those whom are attacked. Or punishing those who would like mock a group of churchgoers outside of a church. if you think bloodying the nose of some idiot who would do that, say to an elderly lady then I think the YOu think our Lord is a little too more benevolent than He is. God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:39:42 PM
At 8/10/2015 3:00:40 AM, drpiek wrote:
God Bless.

I think you are offbase. The greatest victory is to sidestep a battle with wit that leads to mutual gain. God can defend himself, he does not need you to bloody someones nose. When someone tells you that god is a fairytail, reply by saying "I get it man, I was you once". Avoid violence, unless it comes to you, then squash it.

Hey doc good to see ya! But thats what I AM talking about: when the violence comes to Us. The Believers. The Christians. Im NOT speaking of hurting anybody who doesnt Believe like I do. Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking purely a defender of Faith mode, not as an Inquiister! lol. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:43:37 PM
You're on dangerous ground when you start thinking it's ok do do violence in the name of your God.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:46:23 PM
At 8/10/2015 4:05:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

And God Bless!

You wish to exact violence on those who don't believe as you do. It has gone well beyond the need for you to seek professional help because now you are now a threat to society and need to be put away.

two things for you....
ONE.. what I AM talking about: when the violence comes to Us. The Believers. The Christians. Im NOT speaking of hurting anybody who doesnt Believe like I do. Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking purely a defender of Faith mode, not as an Inquiister! lol. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.

two...I thought I told you atheists to stay off this post? obviously as well as being a Godless rude and just plain silly bored old man your devoided of common curtesy as well. do I ever troll your threads? Never. which one of us is more mature? LOL.
it dawned on me, your name. is it supposed to be some kind of silly asss play on words like "dangerous?" LOL.THAT my rude old friend would be a laugh. heres the thing, bro, though I pray for you all your credibility with me was lost when you asininely kept thinking I was that saints on me guy. that shows your wrong about obvious things and dont listen to reason but stay stuck in your own world. so I ask, what else DOESNT he know. turns out its a lot. Including the Will of God.
God Bless, and stay off my thread and Ill return the favor in the futures.
Danger Mouse: are you reall this bored in life? This is all you have to do> sit on your tired old butt and attack Christians for 14 hours a day? wow.
God Bless you...I STILL do pray, though.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:50:15 PM
At 8/10/2015 10:41:05 AM, JJ50 wrote:
God Bless.

Whilst you are entitled to believe what you wish to believe, however crazy, you are NOT entitled to force your version of faith on others who don't see it your way!

Hey brother, thank you. but you badly misunderstand me OP. what I AM talking about: when the violence comes to Us. The Believers. The Christians. Im NOT speaking of hurting anybody who doesnt Believe like I do. Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking purely a defender of Faith mode, not as an Inquiister! lol. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:56:52 PM
At 8/10/2015 6:35:31 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/10/2015 2:57:42 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
God Bless.

lol---we TEACH MMA here in out box, brother. so I watch it every day! Im not sure the taking up swords quote isnt literal either. you must remember the times when Jesus said it. and how his Followers were being martyrd. And no Im not talking about going out and hurting anybody who doesnt believe, or looking for fights. Not at all. Please let me make that clear. Im talking in instances of Defending the Faithful. those whom are attacked. Or punishing those who would like mock a group of churchgoers outside of a church. if you think bloodying the nose of some idiot who would do that, say to an elderly lady then I think the YOu think our Lord is a little too more benevolent than He is. God Bless.

Your religious beliefs give you NO authority to punish anyone for anything. If it gets as bad as you seem to think, call the police and file harassment charges. If you strike someone just for words then you have committed a crime. The fact you think you have that right is one evidence that religion can be dangerous.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:00:11 PM
At 8/10/2015 6:46:23 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

And God Bless!

two things for you....
ONE.. what I AM talking about: when the violence comes to Us. The Believers. The Christians. Im NOT speaking of hurting anybody who doesnt Believe like I do. Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking purely a defender of Faith mode, not as an Inquiister! lol. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.

two...I thought I told you atheists to stay off this post? obviously as well as being a Godless rude and just plain silly bored old man your devoided of common curtesy as well. do I ever troll your threads? Never. which one of us is more mature? LOL.
it dawned on me, your name. is it supposed to be some kind of silly asss play on words like "dangerous?" LOL.THAT my rude old friend would be a laugh. heres the thing, bro, though I pray for you all your credibility with me was lost when you asininely kept thinking I was that saints on me guy. that shows your wrong about obvious things and dont listen to reason but stay stuck in your own world. so I ask, what else DOESNT he know. turns out its a lot. Including the Will of God.
Danger Mouse: are you reall this bored in life? This is all you have to do> sit on your tired old butt and attack Christians for 14 hours a day? wow.

And you obviously don't understand what a public forum is as well as not understanding the difference in defending your faith with reason and integrity instead of seeking violent way. PS, show me one instance of an atheist group 'getting in the face' of anyone? It's usually theists (Westboro Baptist Church, for example) making all the noise at inappropriate times and places (the funerals of servicemen killed in battle.)
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:03:11 PM
At 8/10/2015 6:50:15 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/10/2015 10:41:05 AM, JJ50 wrote:
God Bless.

Hey brother, thank you. but you badly misunderstand me OP. what I AM talking about: when the violence comes to Us. The Believers. The Christians. Im NOT speaking of hurting anybody who doesnt Believe like I do. Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking purely a defender of Faith mode, not as an Inquiister! lol. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.

Please pardon my intrusion on your thread, here.

You should only defend yourself and other people from physical harm, which is totally separate from personal beliefs. God and Jesus do not need to be physically defended, so I would say do not do so in their name.

Your passion can lead you beyond your intended limits, and you should see that possibility based on the accounts you've shared about your past. Violent repercussions, even small, could very well be the beginning of one's descent from grace.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:04:24 PM

And God Bless!

two things for you....

Im talking in instances of Defending the Faithful. those whom are attacked. Or punishing those who would like mock a group of churchgoers outside of a church. if you think bloodying the nose of some idiot who would do that, say to an elderly lady then I think the YOu think our Lord is a little too more benevolent than He is. God Bless.

At 8/10/2015 6:39:42 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.

I'm a little confused, are you saying you wouldn't beat up an elderly lady who was "in your face"? Or, at the very least, a bloody nose?

http://www.thewowie.com...

it dawned on me, your name. is it supposed to be some kind of silly asss play on words like "dangerous?" LOL.THAT my rude old friend would be a laugh.

Oh no, the Je Russe family goes back many centuries and has been in the fine wine business for almost as long. Danne is actually a title handed down to me, I am the official family Wine Taster.

heres the thing, bro, though I pray for you all your credibility with me was lost when you asininely kept thinking I was that saints on me guy. that shows your wrong about obvious things and dont listen to reason but stay stuck in your own world. so I ask, what else DOESNT he know. turns out its a lot. Including the Will of God.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:15:25 PM
At 8/10/2015 7:04:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

And God Bless!

two things for you....

Im talking in instances of Defending the Faithful. those whom are attacked. Or punishing those who would like mock a group of churchgoers outside of a church. if you think bloodying the nose of some idiot who would do that, say to an elderly lady then I think the YOu think our Lord is a little too more benevolent than He is. God Bless.

Im speaking of squashing those who attack, who mock, who physically g out of their way to get in our faces and attack God or Jesus. Im talking only getting physical if the attacker/mocker go in my face or a fellow or sister Christian.

I'm a little confused, are you saying you wouldn't beat up an elderly lady who was "in your face"? Or, at the very least, a bloody nose?

it dawned on me, your name. is it supposed to be some kind of silly asss play on words like "dangerous?" LOL.THAT my rude old friend would be a laugh.

Oh no, the Je Russe family goes back many centuries and has been in the fine wine business for almost as long. Danne is actually a title handed down to me, I am the official family Wine Taster.

heres the thing, bro, though I pray for you all your credibility with me was lost when you asininely kept thinking I was that saints on me guy. that shows your wrong about obvious things and dont listen to reason but stay stuck in your own world. so I ask, what else DOESNT he know. turns out its a lot. Including the Will of God.

LOL...no no. I was saying a hythetical, like I saw the other day, a young punk mocking an elderly lady as she left her church. tell me this kid doesnt need his asss-whipped? Im not going to ever let it happen again, thats all. not without making him or anybody else who does that lie in bed that night with a cold compress on their face and say man i wish I never did that!" lol.
God Bless, Danger Mouse.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:24:49 PM
God Bless.

Christians have been preparing for Armageddon since the teachings of Jesus began. But the signs Jesus promised have not appeared. And Jesus himself could not point to the exact date or definite knowledge. He said only his father knew the date. 2000 years later and that prophecy is turning out to be another lie.
Meanwhile Islam has grown and is in contention to battle for God.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:25:34 PM
At 8/10/2015 7:15:25 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

And God Bless!

two things for you....

LOL...no no. I was saying a hythetical, like I saw the other day, a young punk mocking an elderly lady as she left her church. tell me this kid doesnt need his asss-whipped? Im not going to ever let it happen again, thats all. not without making him or anybody else who does that lie in bed that night with a cold compress on their face and say man i wish I never did that!" lol.
God Bless, Danger Mouse.

What he needs according to you is irrelevant. If you lay hands on him for just speaking disrespectfully YOU ARE WRONG. Get that firmly in your head. You will e the one arrested and charged with assault, at the very least. If you injure him badly enough it will be aggravated assault or attempted murder. Now tell me, does that sound like something Jesus would do?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 9:03:02 PM
At 8/10/2015 7:25:34 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 8/10/2015 7:15:25 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

And God Bless!

two things for you....

God Bless, Danger Mouse.

What he needs according to you is irrelevant. If you lay hands on him for just speaking disrespectfully YOU ARE WRONG. Get that firmly in your head. You will e the one arrested and charged with assault, at the very least. If you injure him badly enough it will be aggravated assault or attempted murder. Now tell me, does that sound like something Jesus would do?

I disagree that what he needs is not revelent. but you have a point: No I admit that Jesus as we know Him from the Gospels probly would not use physical force. But one of the Zealots from that time probly would. they used more Zeal than JC--is where their name comes from. and Im not sure that Zeal for God is a bad thing. God Bless you..and thanks, your post gives me pause for thought!