Total Posts:116|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Was Moses Inspired by God?

Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 11:33:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Written history is only, approximately, 5000 years old (the age of formal writing).

Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden 3500 - 4000BC.
5,500-6,000 years ago.

According to the Exodus, Moses was born in 1391 BC.

So about 4,000 years later, Moses says man recieved knowledge through Adam and Eve at a time just before and moving into what is now accepted as the beginning of formal writing.

Was Moses inspired by God?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 12:24:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 11:33:51 AM, Sooner wrote:
Written history is only, approximately, 5000 years old (the age of formal writing).


As far as we are able to date it using what can only be "best guess methods".

Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden 3500 - 4000BC.
5,500-6,000 years ago.

In fact we have no real evidence as to when they left the Garden of Eden,, but 5,500 - 5,900 is a fair estimate.

Genesis gives us no timeline to know exactly when Adam sinned.

Genesis chapters 2 and 3 are not written in chronological order.


According to the Exodus, Moses was born in 1391 BC.

Sounds about right to me.


So about 4,000 years later, Moses says man received knowledge through Adam and Eve at a time just before and moving into what is now accepted as the beginning of formal writing.

Just because that date is the accepted one, does not mean it is accurate. We truly have no idea when the earliest writings were made, nor what medium they were made on though the likelihood is that they were made on something made from animal skin, especially after the flood.


Was Moses inspired by God?

That is a quesation whihc can only be answered in teh affirmative.

Moses wrote Genesis 1, whether by direct inspiration, or being guided to prior writings.

Genesis 1, despite the fact that it is so often misread, and contains only limited details, is 100% in line with scientific findings, if read properly and with your power of reason switched on. You have to work out the possible meanings of the words, and if you accept that verse 2 onwards come from an angelic observer on or near the surface of the earth, as it appears to be, it makes absolute sense.

The only way such information could have arrived with mankind is if it came from an observer of the events, most likely Jehovah's son or an angel on Jehovah's instructions.

Wriggle as those who wish to deny that may do, there is no possibility of a truly honest denial of that fact. It is simply to plain, and too obvious.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

True, but what evidence there is, is impeachable.

God's word. And God never lies.

It really is impossible to deny the inspiration of the Bible honestly.

The only ones who do are the ones who, for one reason or another, like you prefer to live in denial.

Simple as that.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

True, but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
There is no evidence according to you, but you aren't smart enough to understand what you write.
The bible is the claim, now find some evidence. LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:15:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

True, but what evidence there is, is impeachable.

God's word. And God never lies.

It really is impossible to deny the inspiration of the Bible honestly.

The only ones who do are the ones who, for one reason or another, like you prefer to live in denial.

Simple as that.

You are the liar if you state as FACT something which can only be an assumption on your part!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:31:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:15:20 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

True, but what evidence there is, is impeachable.

God's word. And God never lies.

It really is impossible to deny the inspiration of the Bible honestly.

The only ones who do are the ones who, for one reason or another, like you prefer to live in denial.

Simple as that.

You are the liar if you state as FACT something which can only be an assumption on your part!

I state it as fact because in truth that is precisely what it is, and your determined denial will never change that fact.

Truth remains truth whether or not anyone believes it. Fortunately some 8 million of us have learned to recognise it for what it is.

It is no-ones fault but yours if you refuse to accept the abundant evidence.

I don;t need to lie, however you deny it you do have to, no matter how much you deny it, there is a part of you, however deeply buried, which knows the truth.

One day you will be unable to deny it any more. I just hope it won;t be too late for you.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

True, but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
There is no evidence according to you, but you aren't smart enough to understand what you write.
The bible is the claim, now find some evidence. LOL

The Bible is also the evidence, because it has proven itself accurate, as I have shown you in the past.

However, there is abundant evidence all around you, even on the news, if you dared accept it for what it is.

It is no-one's fault but your own that you choose to live in denial.

At least you are in the majority there.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 3:45:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

"TRUE", but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
Well firstly he agrees that the evidence is equal to the evidence of non terrestrial beings and then he claims that whatever non existent evidence exists is IMPEACHABLE.
Oh dear he really loses it, doesn't he?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 4:16:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:45:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

"TRUE", but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
Well firstly he agrees that the evidence is equal to the evidence of non terrestrial beings and then he claims that whatever non existent evidence exists is IMPEACHABLE.
Oh dear he really loses it, doesn't he?

Of course it is, it even tells us what those non-terrestrial being are, Angels and demons.

Nope, you lose, as always, lol.

Are you actually capable of thinking?

The evidence of extra-terrestrial beings, and everything else in scripture is 100% impeachable by any truly honest means.

Of course, we all know how little honesty means to you, lol.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 4:26:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 4:16:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:45:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

"TRUE", but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
Well firstly he agrees that the evidence is equal to the evidence of non terrestrial beings and then he claims that whatever non existent evidence exists is IMPEACHABLE.
Oh dear he really loses it, doesn't he?

Of course it is, it even tells us what those non-terrestrial being are, Angels and demons.
Yep genius, there is not one scarp of evidence that supports their existence, just like your moses. LOL.
Nope, you lose, as always, lol.
Yeah you you provide non existent fairies to prove that your non existent moses existed. Well done.
Are you actually capable of thinking?
Look above.
The evidence of extra-terrestrial beings, and everything else in scripture is 100% impeachable by any truly honest means.
Your silly Catholic book is the claim, try to find some evidence for your faries.
Of course, we all know how little honesty means to you, lol.
Look above. 10 year olds have absorbing fantasies, don't YOU?
What an idiot.
Your fairies are imaginary not non terrestrial, you poor liitle thing.

BTW according to you the evidence that moses existed is impeachable, do you know what that means? Obviously not, but you are as funny as any idiot can be.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 5:03:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 4:26:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 4:16:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:45:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

"TRUE", but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
Well firstly he agrees that the evidence is equal to the evidence of non terrestrial beings and then he claims that whatever non existent evidence exists is IMPEACHABLE.
Oh dear he really loses it, doesn't he?

Of course it is, it even tells us what those non-terrestrial being are, Angels and demons.
Yep genius, there is not one scarp of evidence that supports their existence, just like your moses. LOL.
Nope, you lose, as always, lol.
Yeah you you provide non existent fairies to prove that your non existent moses existed. Well done.
Are you actually capable of thinking?
Look above.
The evidence of extra-terrestrial beings, and everything else in scripture is 100% impeachable by any truly honest means.
Your silly Catholic book is the claim, try to find some evidence for your faries.
Of course, we all know how little honesty means to you, lol.
Look above. 10 year olds have absorbing fantasies, don't YOU?
What an idiot.
Your fairies are imaginary not non terrestrial, you poor little thing.

BTW according to you the evidence that moses existed is impeachable, do you know what that means? Obviously not, but you are as funny as any idiot can be.

Oh dear, I really should be more careful.

I checked back and you are unfortunately right, I did , as you rightly point out use the exact opposite of the word I intended, since the word I had in mind was unimpeachable. Unfortunately, because the spell checker still recognised what I typed in as a word, it did not point out my error.

If I didn't know at least one of it's meanings, it would never have attempted to use it, even though in the end I missed the "un" off the front..

No doubt, just like the words inflammable and unimflamable before them, the two will eventually swap meanings, or even mean the same either way, probably because of poor typists who don't check their copy closely enough.

I really should be more careful because I always know you are ready to pounce on any typing error I commit, lol.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:36:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

True, but what evidence there is, is impeachable.

God's word. And God never lies.

It really is impossible to deny the inspiration of the Bible honestly.

The only ones who do are the ones who, for one reason or another, like you prefer to live in denial.

Simple as that.

People should question what Moses wrote. He could not tell the difference in God's instruction when he was told to strike the stone and in another instance to talk to the stone to draw water. Moses also admitted he was slow in speech and not very bright. But God does share the blame for picking incompetent people to carry out his will. The cult leaders of JW, LDS and the over 40,000 denominations of Christians each with their own interpretations of poorly picked communicators/messengers who were incoherent, inarticulate and spoke in parables that no one could understand. Hence the confusion today in Cheistianity.
God also chose to inspire the Jews who were a minority in the Middle East. He also chose languages Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek which again are not the major modern languages today.
God made the same mistake in other religions by inspiring His messages in language that are fading or obsolete today.
sheskew
Posts: 117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:51:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 11:33:51 AM, Sooner wrote:
Written history is only, approximately, 5000 years old (the age of formal writing).

Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden 3500 - 4000BC.
5,500-6,000 years ago.

According to the Exodus, Moses was born in 1391 BC.

So about 4,000 years later, Moses says man recieved knowledge through Adam and Eve at a time just before and moving into what is now accepted as the beginning of formal writing.

Was Moses inspired by God?

Ok, granting for the purpose of discussion the existence of God, Adam, Eve, Eden, and Moses... there is good reason to believe that Moses was not the author of the Pentateuch. The best theory under modern theological scholarship is that the Pentateuch was written by several unknown authors. Richard Friedman's Who Wrote the Bible? is a very accessible book that summarizes the scholarship in a way that the layman can understand.

It is very likely that the original authors of these texts were writing down an oral history that had been passed down by preliterate tribal Jews. This makes sense if you think about it -- prior to the invention of writing and the spread of literacy, people still communicated, so the primary method of transmitting knowledge would be to memorize it and pass it on to others. For example, we know that before they existed in written form extremely lengthy works such a Beowulf, the Iliad, and the Odyssey were originally memorized verbatim by storytellers, despite their incredible length.

Unfortunately, this means that it's likely that the original source of the first part of the Old Testament has been lost. We don't know, and probably never will know, the identity of the first human who spoke the words.
Otokage
Posts: 2,351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 6:59:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

Please don't give Moses that much credit........
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:48:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 6:59:36 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

Please don't give Moses that much credit........

Or he may be impeached.........................................LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 7:53:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 5:03:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 4:26:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 4:16:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:45:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

"TRUE", but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
Well firstly he agrees that the evidence is equal to the evidence of non terrestrial beings and then he claims that whatever non existent evidence exists is IMPEACHABLE.
Oh dear he really loses it, doesn't he?

Of course it is, it even tells us what those non-terrestrial being are, Angels and demons.
Yep genius, there is not one scarp of evidence that supports their existence, just like your moses. LOL.
Nope, you lose, as always, lol.
Yeah you you provide non existent fairies to prove that your non existent moses existed. Well done.
Are you actually capable of thinking?
Look above.
The evidence of extra-terrestrial beings, and everything else in scripture is 100% impeachable by any truly honest means.
Your silly Catholic book is the claim, try to find some evidence for your faries.
Of course, we all know how little honesty means to you, lol.
Look above. 10 year olds have absorbing fantasies, don't YOU?
What an idiot.
Your fairies are imaginary not non terrestrial, you poor little thing.

BTW according to you the evidence that moses existed is impeachable, do you know what that means? Obviously not, but you are as funny as any idiot can be.

Oh dear, I really should be more careful.

I checked back and you are unfortunately right, I did , as you rightly point out use the exact opposite of the word I intended, since the word I had in mind was unimpeachable. Unfortunately, because the spell checker still recognised what I typed in as a word, it did not point out my error.

If I didn't know at least one of it's meanings, it would never have attempted to use it, even though in the end I missed the "un" off the front..

No doubt, just like the words inflammable and unimflamable before them, the two will eventually swap meanings, or even mean the same either way, probably because of poor typists who don't check their copy closely enough.

I really should be more careful because I always know you are ready to pounce on any typing error I commit, lol.

Now he blames spell checker.
From post #3 madman.
That is a quesation whihc can only be answered in teh affirmative.
Your god's thoughts seem to be quite muddled, would you like me to educate him just a little?
LMFAO
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharoah and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Mose's life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:06:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharoah and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Mose's life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.
The jews were never enslaved in Egypt and never undertook the exodus and moses never existed, just some facts that you may not be aware of.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:08:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 7:53:17 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 5:03:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 4:26:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 4:16:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:45:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:33:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:12:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 3:03:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

"TRUE", but what evidence there is, is impeachable.
Well firstly he agrees that the evidence is equal to the evidence of non terrestrial beings and then he claims that whatever non existent evidence exists is IMPEACHABLE.
Oh dear he really loses it, doesn't he?

Of course it is, it even tells us what those non-terrestrial being are, Angels and demons.
Yep genius, there is not one scarp of evidence that supports their existence, just like your moses. LOL.
Nope, you lose, as always, lol.
Yeah you you provide non existent fairies to prove that your non existent moses existed. Well done.
Are you actually capable of thinking?
Look above.
The evidence of extra-terrestrial beings, and everything else in scripture is 100% impeachable by any truly honest means.
Your silly Catholic book is the claim, try to find some evidence for your faries.
Of course, we all know how little honesty means to you, lol.
Look above. 10 year olds have absorbing fantasies, don't YOU?
What an idiot.
Your fairies are imaginary not non terrestrial, you poor little thing.

BTW according to you the evidence that moses existed is impeachable, do you know what that means? Obviously not, but you are as funny as any idiot can be.

Oh dear, I really should be more careful.

I checked back and you are unfortunately right, I did , as you rightly point out use the exact opposite of the word I intended, since the word I had in mind was unimpeachable. Unfortunately, because the spell checker still recognised what I typed in as a word, it did not point out my error.

If I didn't know at least one of it's meanings, it would never have attempted to use it, even though in the end I missed the "un" off the front..

No doubt, just like the words inflammable and unimflamable before them, the two will eventually swap meanings, or even mean the same either way, probably because of poor typists who don't check their copy closely enough.

I really should be more careful because I always know you are ready to pounce on any typing error I commit, lol.

Now he blames spell checker.
From post #3 madman.
That is a quesation whihc can only be answered in teh affirmative.
Your god's thoughts seem to be quite muddled, would you like me to educate him just a little?
LMFAO

No I blame myself not the spell checker, it did what it was supposed to do.

The point I was making was that it was a genuine word, so there was no little red line to alert me.

It is still try that I should have proof read my copy better, as I admitted.

You really do love to tell half truths and lies don't you. Says an awful lot more about you than it does about me.

No, his thoughts aren't muddled, but mine sometimes are, and I do tend to be careless, as I implied.

You would have to educate yourself first, or maybe you did and that is why such a poor job was done of it.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:09:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:06:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharoah and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Mose's life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.
The jews were never enslaved in Egypt and never undertook the exodus and moses never existed, just some facts that you may not be aware of.

Except those are not facts, they are lies, typical of you.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:11:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharaoh and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Moses' life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.

Every word of it is true. Jehovah is not a liar.

Jesus said Jehovah's word is truth, and he is no liar either.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:14:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 6:59:36 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

Please don't give Moses that much credit........

No-one should give Moses credit for what he did, he did it all in Jehovah's name, and with Jehovah's power. Therefore the credit goes to Jehovah.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:15:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:09:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:06:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharoah and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Mose's life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.
The jews were never enslaved in Egypt and never undertook the exodus and moses never existed, just some facts that you may not be aware of.

Except those are not facts, they are lies, typical of you.
Is it true that your god followed 6million jews around a tiny desert for forty years with a pooper scooper as you claim so that there would be no evidence to support the stupid story?
You and truth have never actually met.
LMFAO.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:16:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 7:48:29 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 6:59:36 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 8/10/2015 1:27:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 12:25:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 11:38:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
A better question:

Was Moses?

There is only one possible answer to that, unless you wish to remain in denial, as so many seem comfortable being.

Yes, he was, exactly as described by scripture.

There is as much evidence to support the existence of moses and the exodus as their is supporting the existence of non terrestrial beings.
Good luck mad.

Please don't give Moses that much credit........

Or he may be impeached.........................................LOL

Lol, don't take my bad typing out on others, lol.

I know you won't let me forget it in a hurry, but that's my fault.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:17:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:15:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:09:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:06:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharoah and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Mose's life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.
The jews were never enslaved in Egypt and never undertook the exodus and moses never existed, just some facts that you may not be aware of.

Except those are not facts, they are lies, typical of you.
Is it true that your god followed 6million jews around a tiny desert for forty years with a pooper scooper as you claim so that there would be no evidence to support the stupid story?
You and truth have never actually met.
LMFAO.

He wouldn't need a pooper scooper since that would decay, being purely organic, and he simply made sure that nothing they could not replace wore out, and that was most things, clothes, sandals, pots, etc..

Are you to dumb to realise that?
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:22:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:06:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/10/2015 8:03:15 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Yes, Moses was inspired and communicated with God. Yes, he was a real person.

Was he a historical hero?
Absolutely! He fought against slavery, and believed that the Hebrew should not be slaves to the Pharoah and to Egypt. Furthermore, he believed God was on his side on this issue and led a movement to free his people.

Are the Old Testament accounts of Mose's life entirely true. No. Some of it undoubtedly is. The more miraculous stuff probably isn't.
The jews were never enslaved in Egypt and never undertook the exodus and moses never existed, just some facts that you may not be aware of.

All of what you're claiming is highly unlikely, bulproof. Besides the book of Exodus in the Torah and in the Old Testament, there are also non-biblical sources to refer to an exodus of slaves from Egypt. The papyrus document, the Ipuwer Papyrus, was discovered in the 1800s and is currently housed in a Dutch museum. There was also a documentary on the History Channel series History Decoded that tried to find evidence of a factual hebrew exodus out of Egypt, and it discovered evidence of it, though the time frame did not exactly match-up with what is inferred in the Bible.

On top of this, Jews have been repeating the Exodus story to new generations of several thousands years, and it's a critical foundation of their very faith and of their most basic identity . Why would they do this?

That you're claiming it was invented out of thin air is ridiculous! Much of it is based on historical fact!
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 8:22:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/10/2015 8:08:49 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, his thoughts aren't muddled, but mine sometimes are, and I do tend to be careless, as I implied.
And here we have another LIE.
You don't have thoughts madman, you only use your god's thoughts.
So it is indeed your god who is incessantly muddled.
Do you see yet how your poor memory makes your lies so easy to see and so incredibly dense?
Did your spell checker pick this drivel up?
That is a quesation whihc can only be answered in teh affirmative.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin