Total Posts:82|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

whats your favorite Bible Parable and why?

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 9:38:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi brother and sister Christians. I love the parables that Jesus spoke. its funny how deep they are being so simple and how you can read one 100 times and you keept getting more and more from it! truly God inspired, huh? So whats your favorite? Mine is from Luke--the Prodigal Son. because I was once lost like the Son and I relate a lot to it. Whats yours? thanks for sharing with me and may God Bless you all.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 10:16:54 PM
At 8/10/2015 9:38:56 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Hi brother and sister Christians. I love the parables that Jesus spoke. its funny how deep they are being so simple and how you can read one 100 times and you keept getting more and more from it! truly God inspired, huh? So whats your favorite? Mine is from Luke--the Prodigal Son. because I was once lost like the Son and I relate a lot to it. Whats yours? thanks for sharing with me and may God Bless you all.

The Good Samaritan, because Jesus used it to teach us that our neighbour is the one who needs our help, not just the one who helps us. Jesus deliberately used two nations that hated each other to illustrate that we should not just be loving and kind to those who are our friends.

It is one of the most profound moral lessons in scriptrue
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 10:48:39 PM
At 8/10/2015 10:16:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The Good Samaritan, because Jesus used it to teach us that our neighbour is the one who needs our help, not just the one who helps us. Jesus deliberately used two nations that hated each other to illustrate that we should not just be loving and kind to those who are our friends.

LOL
ex_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 11:51:25 PM
Hi brother and sister Christians. I love the parables that Jesus spoke. its funny how deep they are being so simple and how you can read one 100 times and you keept getting more and more from it! truly God inspired, huh? So whats your favorite? Mine is from Luke--the Prodigal Son. because I was once lost like the Son and I relate a lot to it. Whats yours? thanks for sharing with me and may God Bless you all. : :

The best one is the parable about the seed ( Word of God ) thrown on the rocky soil, the soil with tares in it and the fertile soil. Not one reader of this parable understands what it means except God.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:10:51 AM
At 8/10/2015 10:16:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Thanks MCB, I like that one too and its one of the most timeless ones with a message we can see and use every day! God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:13:33 AM
At 8/10/2015 11:51:25 PM, ex_friend wrote:
Hi brother and sister Christians. I love the parables that Jesus spoke. its funny how deep they are being so simple and how you can read one 100 times and you keept getting more and more from it! truly God inspired, huh? So whats your favorite? Mine is from Luke--the Prodigal Son. because I was once lost like the Son and I relate a lot to it. Whats yours? thanks for sharing with me and may God Bless you all. : :

The best one is the parable about the seed ( Word of God ) thrown on the rocky soil, the soil with tares in it and the fertile soil. Not one reader of this parable understands what it means except God.

I like this one too, brother. It is deep and profound but I disagree with you that nobody gets it. I get it just fine, and my lif has been ALL those types of Soil. rocky and barren before I was Saved but now fertile and deep for God's Roots to grow deeper and deeper and from those roots I get nourishment just like a plant or flower. And for the sunlight and Air like a plant I get the HolySpirit. God Bless.
ex_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:16:40 AM
At 8/11/2015 1:13:33 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I like this one too, brother. It is deep and profound but I disagree with you that nobody gets it. I get it just fine, and my lif has been ALL those types of Soil. rocky and barren before I was Saved but now fertile and deep for God's Roots to grow deeper and deeper and from those roots I get nourishment just like a plant or flower. And for the sunlight and Air like a plant I get the HolySpirit. God Bless. : :

So far, you're one of those who are standing in a field of tares. I have witnessed to many of God's chosen believers who are at 30, 60 and 100 fold.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:25:47 AM
My favorite parable is the parable of the prodigal son, or the two lost sons. I believe that it shows the true forgiveness and Grace of God. Despite the son taking his inheritance and losing it all in a gentile land, his father still forgave him with no conditions. The son did not have to become a paid servant to earn back the money he had lost, which is what the law at that time permitted. The father simply welcomed him back, gave him a ring (access to the rest of the fortune), a robe, and a party. While that son was lost, the other one was as well. Despite the other brother never leaving his father or disobeying, he still could not forgive his brother. All he had to do was forgive his brother and then he could come in and enjoy the party. The parable ends with the unforgiving brother sulking outside.

The point is, like the father in the story, our Heavenly Father will forgive us free of charge. He is loving and caring. We can all experience God's Grace. As well, it also shows two types of people in our world:
1) those that are close to God (raised in the church, were never far from religion)
2) those that were never really close to God (were not raised in a church or close to religion)

Both of these types of people can equally receive God's Grace. In fact, the rebellious brother (second type of person I listed) ended up being the one celebrating while the other one (first type of person I listed) was sulking.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:28:42 AM
At 8/11/2015 1:16:40 AM, ex_friend wrote:

I like this one too, brother. It is deep and profound but I disagree with you that nobody gets it. I get it just fine, and my lif has been ALL those types of Soil. rocky and barren before I was Saved but now fertile and deep for God's Roots to grow deeper and deeper and from those roots I get nourishment just like a plant or flower. And for the sunlight and Air like a plant I get the HolySpirit. God Bless. : :

So far, you're one of those who are standing in a field of tares. I have witnessed to many of God's chosen believers who are at 30, 60 and 100 fold.

what are tares? and how do your profess to know anything about me? you sound sortof like those know it all but hypocritical Christians whom give the religion a bad name. your a new guy and your poppin' off like this to me? have you the slightest idea whom your dealing with, my smug but clueless brother. read a few of my past posts on God and how I know him and how he Saved me and then get back to me. if oyu want we can do this in a PM. or face to face would be better. I would prefer that very very much!!! Do you live near Central Cal. by any chance. Wish ya did. god Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:30:24 AM
At 8/11/2015 1:25:47 AM, tstor wrote:
My favorite parable is the parable of the prodigal son, or the two lost sons. I believe that it shows the true forgiveness and Grace of God. Despite the son taking his inheritance and losing it all in a gentile land, his father still forgave him with no conditions. The son did not have to become a paid servant to earn back the money he had lost, which is what the law at that time permitted. The father simply welcomed him back, gave him a ring (access to the rest of the fortune), a robe, and a party. While that son was lost, the other one was as well. Despite the other brother never leaving his father or disobeying, he still could not forgive his brother. All he had to do was forgive his brother and then he could come in and enjoy the party. The parable ends with the unforgiving brother sulking outside.

The point is, like the father in the story, our Heavenly Father will forgive us free of charge. He is loving and caring. We can all experience God's Grace. As well, it also shows two types of people in our world:
1) those that are close to God (raised in the church, were never far from religion)
2) those that were never really close to God (were not raised in a church or close to religion)

Both of these types of people can equally receive God's Grace. In fact, the rebellious brother (second type of person I listed) ended up being the one celebrating while the other one (first type of person I listed) was sulking.

Man! Tstor! that is a really good post. You seem to be in The Holy Spirit my brother! Keep up the Good Work. I wish I was a good a writer as you. God Bless.
ex_friend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 3:00:14 AM
At 8/11/2015 1:28:42 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

what are tares? and how do your profess to know anything about me? you sound sortof like those know it all but hypocritical Christians whom give the religion a bad name. your a new guy and your poppin' off like this to me? have you the slightest idea whom your dealing with, my smug but clueless brother. read a few of my past posts on God and how I know him and how he Saved me and then get back to me. if oyu want we can do this in a PM. or face to face would be better. I would prefer that very very much!!! Do you live near Central Cal. by any chance. Wish ya did. god Bless. : :

I would prefer to preach the true gospel to you in person. A 20 minute drive would enable you to listen to the voice of God for the first time.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 5:47:05 AM
I like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
Especially the porridge bit, I love porridge.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 8:11:48 AM

I like this one too, brother. It is deep and profound but I disagree with you that nobody gets it. I get it just fine, and my lif has been ALL those types of Soil. rocky and barren before I was Saved but now fertile and deep for God's Roots to grow deeper and deeper and from those roots I get nourishment just like a plant or flower. And for the sunlight and Air like a plant I get the HolySpirit. God Bless.

And how do you get fertile soil from rocky and barren soil? You add manure. I like that parable for your life, ABR. It made me smile.

Btw, soil does not get nourishment from roots. It's the other way around. Are you sure you are growing flowers and not weeds? Lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 12:06:43 PM
At 8/11/2015 1:28:42 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

what are tares? and how do your profess to know anything about me? you sound sortof like those know it all but hypocritical Christians whom give the religion a bad name. your a new guy and your poppin' off like this to me? have you the slightest idea whom your dealing with, my smug but clueless brother. read a few of my past posts on God and how I know him and how he Saved me and then get back to me. if oyu want we can do this in a PM. or face to face would be better. I would prefer that very very much!!! Do you live near Central Cal. by any chance. Wish ya did. god Bless.

A tare is a fast growing weed which has all the outward appearance of wheat, ask a farmer.

It would appear that you are another whose only defence is insult. Always resorted to because you always run out of argumentation.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 12:29:00 PM
I like Mark 13:

28. "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.
29. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
30. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.
31. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
32. "But about that day or hour no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

It proves beyond all doubt that Jesus is separate from God.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:15:10 PM
Here is one which is impenetrable:

Matthew 22
Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: "The kingdom of heaven can be compared to a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his slaves to summon those who had been invited to the banquet, but they would not come. Again he sent other slaves, saying, "Tell those who have been invited, "Look! The feast I have prepared for you is ready. My oxen and fattened cattle have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet."" But they were indifferent and went away, one to his farm, another to his business. The rest seized his slaves, insolently mistreated them, and killed them. The king was furious! He sent his soldiers, and they put those murderers to death and set their city on fire. Then he said to his slaves, "The wedding is ready, but the ones who had been invited were not worthy. So go into the main streets and invite everyone you find to the wedding banquet." And those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all they found, both bad and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the wedding guests, he saw a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. And he said to him, "Friend, how did you get in here without wedding clothes?" But he had nothing to say. Then the king said to his attendants, "Tie him up hand and foot and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth!" For many are called, but few are chosen."

What is Jesus teaching here?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:40:23 PM
At 8/11/2015 1:15:10 PM, dee-em wrote:

Matthew 22
Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: "The kingdom of heaven can be compared to a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his slaves to summon those who had been invited to the banquet, but they would not come. Again he sent other slaves, saying, "Tell those who have been invited, "Look! The feast I have prepared for you is ready. My oxen and fattened cattle have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet."" But they were indifferent and went away, one to his farm, another to his business. The rest seized his slaves, insolently mistreated them, and killed them. The king was furious! He sent his soldiers, and they put those murderers to death and set their city on fire. Then he said to his slaves, "The wedding is ready, but the ones who had been invited were not worthy. So go into the main streets and invite everyone you find to the wedding banquet." And those slaves went out into the streets and gathered all they found, both bad and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests. But when the king came in to see the wedding guests, he saw a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. And he said to him, "Friend, how did you get in here without wedding clothes?" But he had nothing to say. Then the king said to his attendants, "Tie him up hand and foot and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth!" For many are called, but few are chosen."

He don't like bums like bog?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:54:32 PM
At 8/11/2015 1:40:23 PM, bulproof wrote:

Matthew 22

He don't like bums like bog?

You might be right. He definitely seems to be an ex-friend of Jesus.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:59:33 PM

I'm not a Christian but still get inspiration and guidance from the Bible.
The Good Sumaritan is one of the best for it is all - embracing in its scope and exemplifies the very best of human behaviour. Some believe the Bible is just for Chistians ; not so it is for everyone.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 5:49:15 PM
At 8/11/2015 8:11:48 AM, dee-em wrote:

And how do you get fertile soil from rocky and barren soil? You add manure. I like that parable for your life, ABR. It made me smile.

Btw, soil does not get nourishment from roots. It's the other way around. Are you sure you are growing flowers and not weeds? Lol.

I said "from those roots I get nourishment..." meaning they're used to intake nutrients from the soil. like saying from this straw I get me milkshake. that should have been obvious. I though you atheists were supposed to be smart? I'll give you something else to smile about: I was once like you but 20 times worse so I know that those who attack Believers have a gnawing hole inside that needs to be filled. And also envy of us True Believers. oh...they'll never in a billion years admit it but, hey boy, I was there so lets not bother arguing. got it? OK now the part ot make you smile is that you can have this TOO if you spend only a few minutes our of your busy day and sit and talk to God and ask Him to come into your life!! just talk normal like to a friend. go ahead and ask Him why you've had trouble finding Him. but do it honestly. In three weeks you will notice a Presence in your Life. within ONE week you'll see a Sing from Him that he's Listening/ So go ahead and prove me wrong by trying this and then telling me nothing happened. Come one atheist, prove you can accept a experiment objectivley. Do you accept??
God Bless you, DM!!
iam_free
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 5:59:05 PM
At 8/11/2015 12:29:00 PM, dee-em wrote:
I like Mark 13:

28. "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.
29. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
30. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.
31. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
32. "But about that day or hour no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

It proves beyond all doubt that Jesus is separate from God. : ;

Jesus is a Spanish name of God's first saint who was used to testify to the Word ( knowledge ) of God and learn who he really was. He learned that his body and all visible objects were not our true created existence. He learned that everything was created in the mind of his Father ( God, the Creator of everything, the King and Savior written about in the prophecies ) before He spoke everything into existence in an invisible form. Jesus died without knowing exactly how God created everything even though he learned we came from an invisible realm.
iam_free
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:00:36 PM

Matthew 22

He don't like bums like bog? : :

Jesus and I both know that you're an antichrist who rejects the gospel ( Voice of the Lord ).
iam_free
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:02:45 PM
At 8/11/2015 5:49:15 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/11/2015 8:11:48 AM, dee-em wrote:

I said "from those roots I get nourishment..." meaning they're used to intake nutrients from the soil. like saying from this straw I get me milkshake. that should have been obvious. I though you atheists were supposed to be smart? I'll give you something else to smile about: I was once like you but 20 times worse so I know that those who attack Believers have a gnawing hole inside that needs to be filled. And also envy of us True Believers. oh...they'll never in a billion years admit it but, hey boy, I was there so lets not bother arguing. got it? OK now the part ot make you smile is that you can have this TOO if you spend only a few minutes our of your busy day and sit and talk to God and ask Him to come into your life!! just talk normal like to a friend. go ahead and ask Him why you've had trouble finding Him. but do it honestly. In three weeks you will notice a Presence in your Life. within ONE week you'll see a Sing from Him that he's Listening/ So go ahead and prove me wrong by trying this and then telling me nothing happened. Come one atheist, prove you can accept a experiment objectivley. Do you accept??
God Bless you, DM!! : :

I don't attack the Beast that influences the minds of God's chosen believers. I help them understand what the Beast is but only if they're chosen to listen to the true gospel ( Voice of the Lord ).

Those who don't listen to the Voice of the Lord ( true gospel ) will remain fully influenced by God's Beast.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:12:27 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:00:36 PM, iam_free wrote:

Matthew 22

Jesus and I both know that you're an antichrist who rejects the gospel ( Voice of the Lord ).

Why do you say he rejects the prosper when he just quoted a verse from it.

The bible was created from Oral Tradition to the Written Text. The people who spoke the words are long dead and what we have is the written text of the original spoken messages. Surely you must know they are the same.
iam_free
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:16:38 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:12:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Matthew 22

The bible was created from Oral Tradition to the Written Text. The people who spoke the words are long dead and what we have is the written text of the original spoken messages. Surely you must know they are the same. : :

We saints write and speak the words that our Creator puts in our minds. This is how the original inspired writings by God's prophets and saints came into being. It was the work of antichrists ( religious people who didn't know God ) who used some of those writings and added their religious traditions and false dogma to make up their new testament.

This means the new testament is a mix of Jewish traditions, Babylonian thoughts and words that came directly into the minds of God's saints. Whoever reads the new testament will be totally deceived of what came from the Jews and Christians and what came from the saints.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:36:20 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:16:38 PM, iam_free wrote:

Matthew 22

The bible was created from Oral Tradition to the Written Text. The people who spoke the words are long dead and what we have is the written text of the original spoken messages. Surely you must know they are the same. : :

We saints write and speak the words that our Creator puts in our minds. This is how the original inspired writings by God's prophets and saints came into being. It was the work of antichrists ( religious people who didn't know God ) who used some of those writings and added their religious traditions and false dogma to make up their new testament.

This means the new testament is a mix of Jewish traditions, Babylonian thoughts and words that came directly into the minds of God's saints. Whoever reads the new testament will be totally deceived of what came from the Jews and Christians and what came from the saints.

But you said the words are put directly in your mouth so it bypasses your alcohol damaged brain and memory. Doesn't that make the bible more reliable because the characters who spoke in the bible were not alcoholics or suffered from alcohol related brain damage like you have? Besides there is no evidence you have any special gifts. You couldn't even convince your son to let you stay at his home while doing God's work. He threw you out on the street in 2011 and you have been living like a homeless beggar ever since.
Why would God pick a retard to be His messenger. Will you admit you are a failure and alcohol addiction brought about your own demise?
iam_free
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:38:33 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:36:20 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Matthew 22

But you said the words are put directly in your mouth so it bypasses your alcohol damaged brain and memory. Doesn't that make the bible more reliable because the characters who spoke in the bible were not alcoholics or suffered from alcohol related brain damage like you have? Besides there is no evidence you have any special gifts. You couldn't even convince your son to let you stay at his home while doing God's work. He threw you out on the street in 2011 and you have been living like a homeless beggar ever since.
Why would God pick a retard to be His messenger. Will you admit you are a failure and alcohol addiction brought about your own demise? : :

You don't have any wisdom at all so it's no use for us to engage in conversation anymore. Have a nice day in the false world that you believe is real.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:49:34 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:38:33 PM, iam_free wrote:

Matthew 22

Why would God pick a retard to be His messenger. Will you admit you are a failure and alcohol addiction brought about your own demise? : :

You don't have any wisdom at all so it's no use for us to engage in conversation anymore. Have a nice day in the false world that you believe is real.
You had no problems admitting to your alcohol addiction and your past failures before.
iam_free
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 6:50:39 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:49:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Matthew 22

You had no problems admitting to your alcohol addiction and your past failures before. : :

The flesh has no problem talking about it's experiences in this world and I ( the Voice of the Lord ) have no problem in speaking for our Creator.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 7:00:09 PM
At 8/11/2015 6:50:39 PM, iam_free wrote:
At 8/11/2015 6:49:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Matthew 22

You had no problems admitting to your alcohol addiction and your past failures before. : :

The flesh has no problem talking about it's experiences in this world and I ( the Voice of the Lord ) have no problem in speaking for our Creator.

But everything is coming out of a deformed retarded flesh you destroyed with your alcohol addiction.

What we are hearing is a self confessing liar and lunatic:

You wrote:"The flesh called bornofgod in this forum is the liar that God has to keep under control by humbling him. bornofgod is Brad Holkesvig in the flesh that God is using to reveal Himself and His knowledge. Brad Holkesvig is the flesh that is going to be killed according to God's plan. Brad Holkesvig is nothing but an illusion and a liar. I could care less about Brad Holkesvig and his life here in this world which will be destroyed by Me, very soon. "