Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Quran's Accuracy? prove its wrong atheists

ecco
Posts: 180
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 3:00:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 8:10:47 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

right or wrong?

Is what right or wrong? If you want comments you must do more than post a link to a website.

Take some time, make a little effort and tell us, in your own words, what you think or believe.
Think
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 3:49:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 3:00:24 PM, ecco wrote:
At 8/11/2015 8:10:47 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

right or wrong?

Is what right or wrong? If you want comments you must do more than post a link to a website.

Take some time, make a little effort and tell us, in your own words, what you think or believe.

lol im a muslim... many times people try to prove something not becasue its true.. its because want to keep their prejudices the same... so im trying not to be like that. there are two sides to every coin right? so if somebody prove its wrong let criticize this one i dont interested "preaching" Islam here, just want to see every side if its bullsh1t thats awesome i really dont care.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 4:00:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
for short this is what the Quran says:

6:75-79
And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith]
So when the night covered him [with darkness], he saw a star. He said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "I like not those that disappear."
And when he saw the moon rising, he said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "Unless my Lord guides me, I will surely be among the people gone astray."
And when he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my lord; this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah .
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah (God) ."

The people around Abraham (pbuh) supposedly worshipped the 3 Gods - sun moon and star according to the archaelogical findings.... so Quran its right about this one... if so how did Muhhamed knew it? or its all cr@p... and for sure you dont believe in the Quran to be a revelation so here prove its wrong...
Never fart near dog
ecco
Posts: 180
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 4:02:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 3:49:44 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/11/2015 3:00:24 PM, ecco wrote:
At 8/11/2015 8:10:47 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

right or wrong?

Is what right or wrong? If you want comments you must do more than post a link to a website.

Take some time, make a little effort and tell us, in your own words, what you think or believe.

lol im a muslim... many times people try to prove something not becasue its true.. its because want to keep their prejudices the same... so im trying not to be like that. there are two sides to every coin right? so if somebody prove its wrong let criticize this one i dont interested "preaching" Islam here, just want to see every side if its bullsh1t thats awesome i really dont care.

So, you expect us to go to youtube and take the time to watch a video, when you put no effort into explaining why we should waste our time.

G'bye.
Think
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 11:39:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 4:00:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
for short this is what the Quran says:

6:75-79
And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith]
So when the night covered him [with darkness], he saw a star. He said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "I like not those that disappear."
And when he saw the moon rising, he said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "Unless my Lord guides me, I will surely be among the people gone astray."
And when he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my lord; this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah .
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah (God) ."

The people around Abraham (pbuh) supposedly worshipped the 3 Gods - sun moon and star according to the archaelogical findings.... so Quran its right about this one... if so how did Muhhamed knew it? or its all cr@p... and for sure you dont believe in the Quran to be a revelation so here prove its wrong...

Pop, you really need to completely explain the argument for those of us not very familiar with the Quran. It seems you are claiming the Quran is accurate in spite of a planet being referred to as a star.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 10:24:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/11/2015 11:39:18 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/11/2015 4:00:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
for short this is what the Quran says:

6:75-79
And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith]
So when the night covered him [with darkness], he saw a star. He said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "I like not those that disappear."
And when he saw the moon rising, he said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "Unless my Lord guides me, I will surely be among the people gone astray."
And when he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my lord; this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah .
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah (God) ."

The people around Abraham (pbuh) supposedly worshipped the 3 Gods - sun moon and star according to the archaelogical findings.... so Quran its right about this one... if so how did Muhhamed knew it? or its all cr@p... and for sure you dont believe in the Quran to be a revelation so here prove its wrong...

Pop, you really need to completely explain the argument for those of us not very familiar with the Quran. It seems you are claiming the Quran is accurate in spite of a planet being referred to as a star.

thought the video will do the job but anyway... referring to it as a "star" because in ancient times they thought it was a star it (planet Venus) and it says what Abraham saw in his eyes... so it accurate at its time also. same language used in the Quran in different places... and further planet Venus is called "Morning Star" and "Evening Star" because it"s visible for only a short amount of time just after sunset and again for a short amount of time just before sunrise. (http://www.manyprophetsonemessage.com...)

better explanation written there...
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 10:50:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 10:24:57 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/11/2015 11:39:18 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/11/2015 4:00:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
for short this is what the Quran says:

6:75-79
And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith]
So when the night covered him [with darkness], he saw a star. He said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "I like not those that disappear."
And when he saw the moon rising, he said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "Unless my Lord guides me, I will surely be among the people gone astray."
And when he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my lord; this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah .
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah (God) ."

The people around Abraham (pbuh) supposedly worshipped the 3 Gods - sun moon and star according to the archaelogical findings.... so Quran its right about this one... if so how did Muhhamed knew it? or its all cr@p... and for sure you dont believe in the Quran to be a revelation so here prove its wrong...

Pop, you really need to completely explain the argument for those of us not very familiar with the Quran. It seems you are claiming the Quran is accurate in spite of a planet being referred to as a star.

thought the video will do the job but anyway... referring to it as a "star" because in ancient times they thought it was a star it (planet Venus) and it says what Abraham saw in his eyes... so it accurate at its time also. same language used in the Quran in different places... and further planet Venus is called "Morning Star" and "Evening Star" because it"s visible for only a short amount of time just after sunset and again for a short amount of time just before sunrise. (http://www.manyprophetsonemessage.com...)

better explanation written there...

If, as you claim, the quran calls Venus a star then it is not accurate.
/end thread
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 1:03:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 10:24:57 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/11/2015 11:39:18 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/11/2015 4:00:48 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
for short this is what the Quran says:

6:75-79
And thus did We show Abraham the realm of the heavens and the earth that he would be among the certain [in faith]
So when the night covered him [with darkness], he saw a star. He said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "I like not those that disappear."
And when he saw the moon rising, he said, "This is my lord." But when it set, he said, "Unless my Lord guides me, I will surely be among the people gone astray."
And when he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my lord; this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah .
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah (God) ."

The people around Abraham (pbuh) supposedly worshipped the 3 Gods - sun moon and star according to the archaelogical findings.... so Quran its right about this one... if so how did Muhhamed knew it? or its all cr@p... and for sure you dont believe in the Quran to be a revelation so here prove its wrong...

Pop, you really need to completely explain the argument for those of us not very familiar with the Quran. It seems you are claiming the Quran is accurate in spite of a planet being referred to as a star.

thought the video will do the job but anyway... referring to it as a "star" because in ancient times they thought it was a star it (planet Venus) and it says what Abraham saw in his eyes... so it accurate at its time also. same language used in the Quran in different places... and further planet Venus is called "Morning Star" and "Evening Star" because it"s visible for only a short amount of time just after sunset and again for a short amount of time just before sunrise. (http://www.manyprophetsonemessage.com...)

better explanation written there...

Okay, so the Quran mentions the Sun, the Moon, and a star (a planet). I wouldn't consider a map that was 66% correct to be worth mentioning - much less "accurate".
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 1:54:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Yes but it was Allah who claimed it a star.
Ooh the god of the quran didn't know?
That's a shame.
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 1:58:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 1:54:53 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Yes but it was Allah who claimed it a star.
Ooh the god of the quran didn't know?
That's a shame.

I just explained how it didn't mean the same thing.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 2:06:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 1:58:26 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:54:53 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Yes but it was Allah who claimed it a star.
Ooh the god of the quran didn't know?
That's a shame.

I just explained how it didn't mean the same thing.

Did you?
Where did you explain that the god Allah didn't make that claim. Is the god Allah not claiming that Venus is a star?
Why do you think your equivocation is evidence of anything?
Do you understand what a star is?
Do you think that a god should know as much as you, or even more?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fly
Posts: 2,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 2:23:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
See, if one had written that the god Thor was responsible for thunder back in the day, that would have been 100% accurate AT THAT TIME. Because back then, people thought that was a fact, therefor it was a fact.

Can't argue facts, people...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 2:34:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 2:23:21 PM, Fly wrote:
See, if one had written that the god Thor was responsible for thunder back in the day, that would have been 100% accurate AT THAT TIME. Because back then, people thought that was a fact, therefor it was a fact.

Can't argue facts, people...

All hail, Thor!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:34:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 2:34:12 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

same in this one... lol the word accually means "planet"
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:37:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.

hhh lol but the word means "planet" according to the dictionaries :D its the same word <-<
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:39:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

It does not appear your brain is working. The point of this is that because men thought a planet was a star, this is what they wrote. Of course, God knows a planet is not a star and would never say that, but instead, would explain the differences between a star and a planet. Therefore, this would suggest Allah does not exist and the Quran was written from the minds of men. Get it now?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:42:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:37:16 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.

hhh lol but the word means "planet" according to the dictionaries :D its the same word <-<

I'm sorry little fella but STAR does not mean PLANET.
Unless you are an ignorant god called Allah.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:43:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:39:22 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

It does not appear your brain is working. The point of this is that because men thought a planet was a star, this is what they wrote. Of course, God knows a planet is not a star and would never say that, but instead, would explain the differences between a star and a planet. Therefore, this would suggest Allah does not exist and the Quran was written from the minds of men. Get it now?

DanneJeRusse but in dictionaries they give you the same word for planet in arabic what u would find in the Quran.. the word in arabic is "kaukab", go just translate it in any arabic english site the word "planet" into arabic and press the vioce tool what u call... its difficult for you?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:45:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:42:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:37:16 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.

hhh lol but the word means "planet" according to the dictionaries :D its the same word <-<

I'm sorry little fella but STAR does not mean PLANET.
Unless you are an ignorant god called Allah.

ok when u write the word "star" in enlgish and translate it into arabic it gives you "nogom" (which we this word many times in the Quran) but when you translate the word "planet" into arabic you have the word "kaukab" which the same word in the verse where we talking about...
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:46:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:45:43 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:42:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:37:16 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.

hhh lol but the word means "planet" according to the dictionaries :D its the same word <-<

I'm sorry little fella but STAR does not mean PLANET.
Unless you are an ignorant god called Allah.

ok when u write the word "star" in enlgish and translate it into arabic it gives you "nogom" (which we this word many times in the Quran) but when you translate the word "planet" into arabic you have the word "kaukab" which the same word in the verse where we talking about...

find***
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:50:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:45:43 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:42:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:37:16 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.

hhh lol but the word means "planet" according to the dictionaries :D its the same word <-<

I'm sorry little fella but STAR does not mean PLANET.
Unless you are an ignorant god called Allah.

ok when u write the word "star" in enlgish and translate it into arabic it gives you "nogom" (which we this word many times in the Quran) but when you translate the word "planet" into arabic you have the word "kaukab" which the same word in the verse where we talking about...

So your god isn't smart enough to use a language that makes sense? I guess you aren't doing much for your argumant.
Why do all of the arab translators translate the word as star?
Are you so much smarter than them, if so why not translate a quran with your interpretations?
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 3:53:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/12/2015 3:50:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:45:43 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:42:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:37:16 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:36:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/12/2015 3:30:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2015 2:18:41 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/12/2015 1:50:56 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'd just like to point out that even the ancient Greeks considered planets to be "wandering stars".

Calling Venus a star would not have been inaccurate for the time.

The word "planet" didn't even have it's contemporary meaning until less than 200 years ago. The definition has even been refined recently, which is why Pluto is no longer considered a planet, though 10 years ago it would have been.

These are human made grids we place around reality. Claiming that the Qur'an is inaccurate because it calls a planet a star is not really a good case when put under closer scrutiny.

Claiming it was 'good for the time' is not really very impressive. If we are calling the Quran 'accurate' then the measure of accuracy should be based on today's knowledge, not yesterday's ignorance.

but people of Abraham thought it was a star, and the verse says "he saw a star" secondly classical scholars like ibn khathir (born c. 1300, died 1373) says it refers to Venus, there are translations that wrote there "planet" not star, and fourth go to Google translation write there "planet" and translate it into arabic, it gives you the same word "kaukab" in the Quran by Google for the word planet, well i didnt know it thats new lol.

https://translate.google.co.il...

The quran is the word of Allah, therefore Allah didn't know what a star was.
Game over.

hhh lol but the word means "planet" according to the dictionaries :D its the same word <-<

I'm sorry little fella but STAR does not mean PLANET.
Unless you are an ignorant god called Allah.

ok when u write the word "star" in enlgish and translate it into arabic it gives you "nogom" (which we this word many times in the Quran) but when you translate the word "planet" into arabic you have the word "kaukab" which the same word in the verse where we talking about...

So your god isn't smart enough to use a language that makes sense? I guess you aren't doing much for your argumant.
Why do all of the arab translators translate the word as star?
Are you so much smarter than them, if so why not translate a quran with your interpretations?

not all translations say "star" you have some others saying "planet", im not an arab and my language of arabic is not so great so im disqualified... i use dictionaries for that you know...
Never fart near dog