Jump to topic:

Revelation

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 11:31:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The book of Revelation, which apparently nearly didn't make it into the Bible, is pretty crazy. I reckon its author was as high as a kite on some substance when they wrote it. However, the extreme Christians, who put their own spin on it, appear to get off on that book of imagery. The silly loons get pleasure trying to scare the gullible with daft end times scenarios they claim are contained within its pages. The fact they can find a verse to support any interpretation from the barking mad to the totally insane, is very sad indeed, imo. How can any person with even one functioning brain cell give the book of Revelation any credence?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 12:54:07 PM
At 8/11/2015 11:31:02 AM, JJ50 wrote:
The book of Revelation, which apparently nearly didn't make it into the Bible, is pretty crazy. I reckon its author was as high as a kite on some substance when they wrote it. However, the extreme Christians, who put their own spin on it, appear to get off on that book of imagery. The silly loons get pleasure trying to scare the gullible with daft end times scenarios they claim are contained within its pages. The fact they can find a verse to support any interpretation from the barking mad to the totally insane, is very sad indeed, imo. How can any person with even one functioning brain cell give the book of Revelation any credence?

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 1:07:32 PM

Absobloodylutely.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 2:40:57 PM

It is merely Jewish apocalyptic literature, common at the time.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."