Jump to topic:

Why I like the religion forum.

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 4:34:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. The religion forum is most likely the only place on Debate.org where Christians and people of other religions can engage in an intelligent conversation without the atheists and non-religious disrupting there conversation by pointing out why they believe religion is harmful to society.
2. The religion forum is probably the only place on Debate.org where you won't see profanity and inappropriate discussions.
3. Lastly, the religion forum is the only forum on Debate.org where you won't hear anti-religion bigotry.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:47:40 PM
At 8/12/2015 4:34:01 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
1. The religion forum is most likely the only place on Debate.org where Christians and people of other religions can engage in an intelligent conversation without the atheists and non-religious disrupting there conversation by pointing out why they believe religion is harmful to society.
2. The religion forum is probably the only place on Debate.org where you won't see profanity and inappropriate discussions.
3. Lastly, the religion forum is the only forum on Debate.org where you won't hear anti-religion bigotry.

Are we on the same forum?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:48:20 PM

I think you are wrong on all two of three counts, your second point is too close to call...

for some reason where ever you debate faith, the non believers see it as their right to try there hardest to show having faith is stupid...
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:50:32 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:48:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I think you are wrong on all two of three counts, your second point is too close to call...

for some reason where ever you debate faith, the non believers see it as their right to try there hardest to show having faith is stupid...
You're least likely to have the non-Believers interfere with discussions regarding religion on the religion forum, because of the fact that most people on the religion forum are religious.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:51:39 PM

My sarcasm meter is detecting something, here...
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:53:40 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:51:39 PM, Chaosism wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic. You are least likely to encounter atheists that are looking to bash religion on the religion forum, as opposed to some of the other forums.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:56:42 PM

I usually think religious people who go to the religious forum are masochists.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:57:17 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:53:40 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic. You are least likely to encounter atheists that are looking to bash religion on the religion forum, as opposed to some of the other forums.
And polls... The polls are horrible.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:59:14 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:56:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I usually think religious people who go to the religious forum are masochists.
You know what guys and gals? I spoke too soon.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 5:59:21 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:53:40 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Seriously? Since I have been here, I have witnessed an abundance of attacks, petty/childish insults, and preaching (both sides). Even just reading the posts today, I was thinking "Wow. Are some of these people really 15 years old or something?". There are intelligent conversations that that place, but they often don't last long enough before deteriorating, unfortunately.

I have basically zero experience with other forums, so I am surprised that "religion-bashing" is worse elsewhere.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 6:14:55 PM

Sounds like your wish list. I have been guilty of all three at various times.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2015 7:35:35 PM
At 8/12/2015 5:50:32 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 8/12/2015 5:48:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

You're least likely to have the non-Believers interfere with discussions regarding religion on the religion forum, because of the fact that most people on the religion forum are religious.

I beg to differ... quite a lot on here are atheist and just love to chirp in where ever possible...