The survey about euthanasia

chelseaa001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:18:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey everyone my name is Chelsea,
Im doing a year 11 assignment on euthanasia and would love it if you could answer my questions

https://www.surveymonkey.com...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:52:14 AM
Welcome, Chelsea.

Having completed your survey, I understand that it's not about euthanasia so much as about one faith's doctrine on euthanasia -- that of the Roman Catholic church.

Since your survey is more about doctrine than peoples' individual morality and ethics, I think you should have also polled the faith of the participants and not just their age and sex. Since you haven't, you won't know (for example):

* How many RC adherents disagree with RC doctrine;
* How many non-RC adherents nevertheless support RC doctrine;
* Of non-RC adherents, what position is most popular; or
* Whether popular disagreements with RC doctrine are from reasons of faith, or for other, secular reasons.

For similar reasons, I think you should have polled country of residence, since some jurisdictions have legislation enabling euthanasia, while others don't.

Good luck with your project.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:58:07 AM
Chelsea, also of possible interest to you may be this 2013 report by the Pew Research Center, on religious views on end-of-life issues: [http://www.pewforum.org...]

Pew frequently polls Americans on matters to do with religion and society, is likely to get a bigger response than you will, and may offer background information to help you interpret your data. This short report also has other links that may be of interest.

I should have mentioned above, but I was also surprised that you didn't include a question on the respondent's support for euthanasia -- e.g. from 'strongly oppose' through to 'strongly support'.

Hope that may assist.