Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus Christ vs. Christianity. Pick Jesus.

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 2:39:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Jesus Christ-

"Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you."

"Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

"Love your enemy. If he strikes your cheek, offer him the other."

"Love the Lord God with all your heart and all your soul, and all your might."

"Blessed are the meek for theirs is the kingdom of God."

"I am the Good Shepherd. My sheep hear my voice."

"It is not what goes into the belly and comes out in the drought that makes a man unclean, but what goes into the heart and comes out the mouth."

"Blessed are you who mourn. For one day you will be comforted."

"I will wipe away every tear. There will be no more crying, no more death, for the former things have passed away, and I will make everything new."

"My words are life."

"I am the way, the truth, and the life."

"Know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"What does it profit a man if he gained the whole world and lost his soul?"

"Be merciful, for by the measure you are merciful so shall God show you mercy. Forgive for by the measure you forgive, so shall you be forgiven. Judge not, lest you be judged. For by the measure you judge, so shall you be judged."

"There is no greater gift than that a man would lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends........"
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 5:24:08 AM
At 8/13/2015 2:39:42 AM, Sooner wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"It is not what goes into the belly and comes out in the drought that makes a man unclean, but what goes into the heart and comes out the mouth."

"I will wipe away every tear. There will be no more crying, no more death, for the former things have passed away, and I will make everything new."

"My words are life."

"Be merciful, for by the measure you are merciful so shall God show you mercy. Forgive for by the measure you forgive, so shall you be forgiven. Judge not, lest you be judged. For by the measure you judge, so shall you be judged."

"There is no greater gift than that a man would lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends........"

You forgot the most important one....."blame the gays, it the gays, and if people start bringing up vast inequality of wealth and power they are evil communists and playing the politics of jealous."
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 7:44:00 AM
At 8/13/2015 5:24:08 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

You forgot the most important one....."blame the gays, it the gays, and if people start bringing up vast inequality of wealth and power they are evil communists and playing the politics of jealous."

----
Quote any verse where Jesus spoke of homosexuality. In any way. He never spoke of it. Anything else?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 7:48:16 AM
At 8/13/2015 7:44:00 AM, Sooner wrote:
Quote any verse where Jesus spoke of homosexuality. In any way. He never spoke of it.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 7:48:59 AM
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

----
Quote any verse where Jesus spoke of homosexuality. In any way. He never spoke of it. Anything else?

I am not going off the bible, I am going off the impression of the Jesus/God believed in by various evangelicals.

PS: Minimum wage and welfare safety nets are tools of satan. The free markets and all it's consequences are all parts of Gods plan, to inter fere in that plan in anyway is not to believe in God and thus not to believe in Jesus.

This message was bought to you by CEO captain America Jesus

PS: When sh*t hits the fans,.......................blame the gays.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 7:52:27 AM
At 8/13/2015 7:48:16 AM, Composer wrote:
Quote any verse where Jesus spoke of homosexuality. In any way. He never spoke of it.

-----
If that were taken in the context of ur joke it would mean he was okay with homosexuality, but of course this verse has nothing to do with sexuality.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 8:10:38 AM
At 8/13/2015 7:48:59 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

----

I am not going off the bible, I am going off the impression of the Jesus/God believed in by various evangelicals.

PS: Minimum wage and welfare safety nets are tools of satan. The free markets and all it's consequences are all parts of Gods plan, to inter fere in that plan in anyway is not to believe in God and thus not to believe in Jesus.

-----
Exactly why the thread is named Jesus Christ vs. Christianity. Pick Jesus. Jesus wrote nothing, started no religipn, never used the word Christian and rejected anyone who strsyed him teaching no matter what label they pasted on themselves. Christians are human like everybody, and many ate wicked. Jesus was not. Jesus said,"in that day many will say, but Lord, we cast out devils and preached in your name. And the king will respond, be cast out of my sight you workers of iniquity, for I never knew you." Jesus said,"If you love me you will obey my teschings." Jesus said,"Judge not lest you be judged. For by the measure you judge, you shall be judged."

The Pharisee priests brought a prostitute before Jesus and declared"This woman has committed adultry, and by the law of Moses is to be put to death by stoning. What say you?" Jesus replied,"He who is without sin cast the first stone." (He was writing their own sins down in the sand as they walked by). They each dropped their stones and walked away in shame. He looked at her and said,"Where are your accusers now?" She replied,"I have none my Lord." He said,"Then neither do I condemn you."

Hate the religion. Fine by me. The word Christian did not exist during Jesus' life. There was no such such concept. It came later. He was forgiving people with no "Christian" label during his ministry. Jesus taught love. Christianity and Jesus are two completely different things. I can put a label that says flower on a bag of sugar. That doesn't make it flower. All Jesus said was,"I am the good Shepherd. My sheep hesr my voice." He taught love beyond measure. Anything less is not of him but of man. Man designs nonsense laws and beliefs. Jesus did not. Therefore, the name of this thread is Jesus Christ vs. christianity. Pick Jesus.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 8:19:04 AM
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

----

----
This post attacks a man who advocated nothing you speak of. You're welcome to google "did jesus mention homosexuality" it says no. I already knew but relooked for 100% confirmation before responding. He never mentioned welfare nor did it exist in his day. Christian misconceptions and lies are on their heads. Not his. They are not his delegates that speak for him. He speaks for himself. He taught love, and the attributes of your post have nothing to do with him as an individual.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 8:26:00 AM
At 8/13/2015 8:10:38 AM, Sooner wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

----

-----
Exactly why the thread is named Jesus Christ vs. Christianity. Pick Jesus. Jesus wrote nothing, started no religipn, never used the word Christian and rejected anyone who strsyed him teaching no matter what label they pasted on themselves. Christians are human like everybody, and many ate wicked. Jesus was not. Jesus said,"in that day many will say, but Lord, we cast out devils and preached in your name. And the king will respond, be cast out of my sight you workers of iniquity, for I never knew you." Jesus said,"If you love me you will obey my teschings." Jesus said,"Judge not lest you be judged. For by the measure you judge, you shall be judged."

The Pharisee priests brought a prostitute before Jesus and declared"This woman has committed adultry, and by the law of Moses is to be put to death by stoning. What say you?" Jesus replied,"He who is without sin cast the first stone." (He was writing their own sins down in the sand as they walked by). They each dropped their stones and walked away in shame. He looked at her and said,"Where are your accusers now?" She replied,"I have none my Lord." He said,"Then neither do I condemn you."

Hate the religion. Fine by me. The word Christian did not exist during Jesus' life. There was no such such concept. It came later. He was forgiving people with no "Christian" label during his ministry. Jesus taught love. Christianity and Jesus are two completely different things. I can put a label that says flower on a bag of sugar. That doesn't make it flower. All Jesus said was,"I am the good Shepherd. My sheep hesr my voice." He taught love beyond measure. Anything less is not of him but of man. Man designs nonsense laws and beliefs. Jesus did not. Therefore, the name of this thread is Jesus Christ vs. christianity. Pick Jesus.

----
Any true religion fully based from Jesus' teachings alone should not be called Christianity, but something like "The true Christlike followers of Jesus". Christianity is a meaningless word that saves no one. God is not fooled by a tattoo of a cross on your arm nor fooled by attending church religiously. He looks for mercy, forgiveness, patience, kindness, etc. Anything less he sees as fraud. And yet still, he is not above forgiving mistakes if we acknowledge them and continue in love. Mistakes here and there don't blind him from seeing that someone does really care for others. God is no one's fool. Not even "Christians".
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 8:39:42 AM

At 8/13/2015 7:52:27 AM, Sooner wrote:
If that were taken in the context of ur joke it would mean he was okay with homosexuality, but of course this verse has nothing to do with sexuality.
You are in error!

It is a principle that applies to all scenarios, which jebus must have taken in to account when he used/plagiarised it from Buddhism!

We also know that jebus was homosexually oriented as he always preferred to sleep with men only!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 11:00:41 AM
the only problem I see is that some people get this crazy idea that if you love everyone, you just take the attitude everything they do is fine and that is not the case, we correct our children because we love them, we don't let them do as they please...
Jesus confronted things that were wrong he never said just carry on regardless..
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 11:09:49 AM
At 8/13/2015 11:00:41 AM, graceofgod wrote:
the only problem I see is that some people get this crazy idea that if you love everyone, you just take the attitude everything they do is fine and that is not the case, we correct our children because we love them, we don't let them do as they please...
Jesus confronted things that were wrong he never said just carry on regardless..

I have to ask, why do you spend so much time posting on this forum. If you are really the age you claim to be, don't you have employment, and should be getting on with the job you are paid to do?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 11:11:41 AM
At 8/13/2015 11:09:49 AM, JJ50 wrote:

I have to ask, why do you spend so much time posting on this forum. If you are really the age you claim to be, don't you have employment, and should be getting on with the job you are paid to do?

self employed... when you work for yourself time is your own...

why do you spend all day on a forum when you believe it is all crap??? don't you work..??
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 11:30:54 AM
At 8/13/2015 8:39:42 AM, Composer wrote:

At 8/13/2015 7:52:27 AM, Sooner wrote:
You are in error!

It is a principle that applies to all scenarios, which jebus must have taken in to account when he used/plagiarised it from Buddhism!

We also know that jebus was homosexually oriented as he always preferred to sleep with men only!
----
Nope nice try. Every major religion on Earth has some general version of the "Golden Rule", and in Buhdissm it is a term used to resolve conflict. Also Judaism has a version of it and that's the religion he was born into. He was also very educated to the point he gave sermons in the temple as a child, drawing large crowds. I started theology at 15 years old because my dad was a theologian. Nice drive by post though. I was wearing a vest already. Sorry.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:11:01 PM

----
True there. He was gentle and meek, but he railed the Pharisees relentlessly for their madness. He also puts forth a bit of assertiveness to get the cripple man at the pool to get up. It was like if you wanna get up you'd better try first. I may do the rest but you will try first.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:13:34 PM

------
Nit everyone lays down and works to make another man rich. I personally work at home.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:14:41 PM
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

Sounds odd saying Jesus Christ against Christianity, but the vast majority of those who call themselves Christian have little or no understanding of what it really is.

Most don't even realise that he has a God himself, his father, Jehovah. (John 20:17)
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:25:24 PM
At 8/13/2015 12:14:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

Sounds odd saying Jesus Christ against Christianity, but the vast majority of those who call themselves Christian have little or no understanding of what it really is.

Most don't even realise that he has a God himself, his father, Jehovah. (John 20:17)
-----
It is. I used that comparison to divide the man from the faults of Christianity or those who claim to be Christians. People derail Christianity at will, but trying to derail him, gets dicey, and HE is the belief, not the mistakes of a religion that he never so named as Christianity. The Romans came up with that name, Christianity" after his crucifixion. He never started a "religion" if you think about it. Think about this, these people he was saving, healing, forgiving, raising from the dead, performing miracles for were not "Christians". The Roman Centerion? Not even Jewish, and the enemy of his people. He heals the ear of another Roman soldier. There were no Chridtians and he never used the term. Just food for thought..
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:31:22 PM
At 8/13/2015 12:25:24 PM, Sooner wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

-----
It is. I used that comparison to divide the man from the faults of Christianity or those who claim to be Christians. People derail Christianity at will, but trying to derail him, gets dicey, and HE is the belief, not the mistakes of a religion that he never so named as Christianity. The Romans came up with that name, Christianity" after his crucifixion. He never started a "religion" if you think about it. Think about this, these people he was saving, healing, forgiving, raising from the dead, performing miracles for were not "Christians". The Roman Centerion? Not even Jewish, and the enemy of his people. He heals the ear of another Roman soldier. There were no Chridtians and he never used the term. Just food for thought..
------
Now, to be clear, yes I think he was who he said he was, but I think God, through Christ, and the Holy Spirit may get people from nonChristian beliefs that feel Jesus's words which he said were life, and he doesn't come to them as a name, but his words in application become life through Christ for them. Exsmple Ghandi, a Hindu, was well versed on Jesus' words and was very Christlike but was not of the Christian faith. Nevertheless, he practiced Jesus' words more than almost anybody on Earth.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:34:33 PM
At 8/13/2015 12:11:01 PM, Sooner wrote:

----
True there. He was gentle and meek, but he railed the Pharisees relentlessly for their madness. He also puts forth a bit of assertiveness to get the cripple man at the pool to get up. It was like if you wanna get up you'd better try first. I may do the rest but you will try first.

when he put clay on the man's eyes and told him to wash it off at a certain place, sometimes we are expected to take a leap of faith...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:47:28 PM
At 8/13/2015 12:34:33 PM, graceofgod wrote:

----

when he put clay on the man's eyes and told him to wash it off at a certain place, sometimes we are expected to take a leap of faith...

No, because the evidence of it's possibility is in his creation all around us. You just have to accept that evidence and work from there in logical extrapolation.

Don't forget that frequently Jesus pointed out that his cures depended on the faith of the one being cured. If they trusted God to do it for them, he would, but some people need a ritual to have that faith, and where Jesus sensed that need, he provided one.

The clay on his eyes was simply a physical metaphor. The healing was done independently, but Jesus knew people needed something to see, all to often.

Do you doubt that the God who created the universe and everything in it could empower his son to make minor changes in a man's physiology?

Then how can you believe in the resurrection which will involve much more far reaching changes. Those of us resurrected onto the cleansed earth will be resurrected into bodies such as were enjoyed by Adam and Eve, with all the future prospects they had in front of them.

Any God who can cause two different virgins to give birth to children, centuries apart can easily cure a blind man, or any other non-invasive, "micro-surgery" he needs to perform. Holy spirit is an amazingly versatile "tool", or weapon when it is needed to be.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 12:54:01 PM
At 8/13/2015 12:31:22 PM, Sooner wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

-----
------
Now, to be clear, yes I think he was who he said he was, but I think God, through Christ, and the Holy Spirit may get people from nonChristian beliefs that feel Jesus's words which he said were life, and he doesn't come to them as a name, but his words in application become life through Christ for them. Exsmple Ghandi, a Hindu, was well versed on Jesus' words and was very Christlike but was not of the Christian faith. Nevertheless, he practiced Jesus' words more than almost anybody on Earth.

There is some truth in that, and echoes Paul's words at Romans 2:14-15:

ASV(i) 14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; 15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them);

However, now is the time when all such ones are being gathered together into one earthly organisation so that they can be clearly identified and marked for salvation through Armageddon.

Incidentally, Ghandi was an extremely good example for you to choose, two of my favourite quotations from him are:

"If the whole world were to live according to the precepts taught by Christ in his sermon on the mount, there would be no need for armies, or even police forces".

and.

"I love Christianity, but I hate Christians, because they do not live by it's teachings".

Unfortunately he obviously never met a JW, because that is precisely how they do endeavour to live.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 1:04:39 PM
Jesus Christ-

"My words are life."

-----

You are absolutely right there.

If you study scripture you will be forced to the conclusion that the term Christian was used, originally, only by non-believers as an insult, along the lines that brought forth the term "Quakers" to insult the Society of Friends".

In fact the name Christian(s) occurs only 3 times in scripture:

Once, when it was rerecorded as having first been used in Antioch.

Next when it was used derisively by Aggripa to Paul.

Third when Peter had to encourage the Brothers not to be ashamed to preach when being called it.

To me the fact that there is not one example of Christ or the Apostles ever calling Christ's followers "Christian" speaks volumes. It would appear that the Apostles saw no necessity for any name other than the one Paul mused under inspiration at Galatians 6:16 when he called them "The Israel of God".

What say you?

Incidentally the only reason the JWs adopted the name they were given under inspiration "Jehovah's Witness" was to escape fro being called Russelites.

However it is a fitting name since it describes the fact that they are indeed witnesses to "The God and father" of their King, the Christ.

Isaiah 43:10
Revelation 3:14
1 Peter 1:3.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 2:59:41 PM
At 8/13/2015 1:04:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Jesus Christ-

"I will wipe away every tear. There will be

However it is a fitting name since it describes the fact that they are indeed witnesses to "The God and father" of their King, the Christ.

-------
I agree. I was raised Baptist, but my grandfather, who was a full fledged philanthropist rammed it into my head early that you don't judge anybody. No one. He loved people, period. Sometimes a conversation would arise about how all Hindus, Buhdists, Muslims, etc. Were going to Hell. Grandpa would get in the middle of that conversation and quote Jesus on judgement, love, mercy, all of it. He always made clear that when you judge like that, you burn the bridge behind you and have to rebuild that bridge or have no bridge to cross. He would say, ,"What do you honestly think Jesus would be like in Iran towards those people?( he would pause for reflection) Would he shun them? He didn't even shun Roman soldiers who were the Achilles Hill of his people. He embraced everyone." Only one thing seemed to arrouse Jesus' temper. One thing alone that I have ever found. And that is when religious leaders/powers abuse their authority with the false mask of "god" over their serpant motives. He is so meek and nonviolent, and patient almost to a fault. That is until something attached to God becomes wicked and corrupted by men. Religious hypocrisy is his pet peeve above any peeve. This mild, gentle, philanthropist only went into "Momma bear defend at all costs" mode with the religious leadership of hypocrites, who he felt held his people down with religion. 1)"You Pharisees, hypocrites! You lay burdens upon the shoulders of men that not even you can bare!" 2)"Beware of the leven of the Pharisees! They wear long robes, sit in the front seats of the synagogues, and say long prayers to be seen and worshipped by men!" (He also flipped over the tables of the money changers in the temple.) I never fully grasped this until I talked to a 63 year old Jew who practiced Judaism. I met him at a military conference in 2011 in South Carolina. He started about some deeper subjects, so I asked him about Jesus and his thoughts. He said he didn't go one way or another. He said he respected Jesus' teachings and purpose but didn't choose to make a decision without revelation from God feeling spiritually dishonest by taking any stance. He said nevertheless, I applied Jesus' teachings to my whole life, and feel good about it. But only God could discern a Messiah. He basically said if Jesus is him, good. If not, then we will wait and God will reveal to us what we need to know." I told him I never understood the money changer incindent. He said,"Oh that's an easy one. This is Jewish history 101. It was the sneaky system of exchange between the moneychangers and the ordinary Jew. The moneychanger would lie, cheat, sneak, or whatever, and basically rob the citizen with a raw deal, making the citizen feel they had a worthy sacrifice(despite it being of poor quality) to give up to God while well overpaying for it, and being challenged that if they didn't do it, God would ditest their unfaithful sacrifice. They were swindlers, crooks, thieves. The people trusted usually in faith and continued on." Well, in the story of Jesus, he walks up to one of the tables and flips it over, flinging its contents all across the temple floor. He then yelled at them,"It is written this is the house of God, and you have turned it into a den of thieves!" Robbery by religious hypocrites inside the temple of God is the only Biblical example of him in wrath. But as the Bible says, "love is slow to wrath." Yes, meaning love doesn't choose wrath quickly or without great, appropriate reasoning. It doesn't say love never goes into wrath. Wrath is love's last desired reaction.

He was Witty, wise, extremely intelligent and well spoken.
3)They claimed he ate unclean food. He replied,"It is not what goes into the belly and comes out in the drought that makes a man unclean, but what goes into the heart and out of the mouth that makes a man unclean." 4)They brought the prostitute to him and claimed the law of Moses declared her to be stoned for adultry. He replied,"He who is without sin, cast the first stone." They left in shame, dropping their stones. He asked her,"Where are your accusers now?" She replied,"I have none my Lord." He said,"Then neither do I condemn you..." His judgement and mercy doesn't come off as over holy or over extreme. It looks like he has good common discernment. 5)They brought him the denarious coin with Caesar's face on it to try and trick him into insulting Caesar's authority. They asked,"Who does this coin belong to?" He responded,"Who's inscription is on this? Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's." Even having said that, he was gentle with them most of the time despite their sneaky, attacking, snakelike motives. I well approve of Jesus Christ. Christianity is not him. Many Christians truely do serve him in honesty of motives. But many don't. The religion if named at all should be something like "Studying With Sincerity to Become Christlike". I'm trying hard to be. We've got a lot of work ahead, but I've got a good teacher, so I have faith that He with my genuine effort, will get me to a higher place engulfed with the light of love. May I reach that place in due time. I truely am grateful for Him reaching down when I was down and intervening when only He could rescue me. I had nothing left. There's an old parabal that I love. It somes it up for my life. I'll share a condensed interpretated version of it:

A man was walking through the sand, and times were good. Each time he looked back he saw 2 sets of footprints. He kept walking, and times were less good. He continued on through the sand as times god bad. He trudged on weak and weary. He looked back and still there were 2 sets of footprints. Then times became dark and hopeless. He stumbled and fell to the ground. He woke up and saw a man with sandals and a white robe. He asked,"Lord? Is it you?" The man answered,"Yes." The man looked behind seeing only one set of footprints trailing way behind him. He asked the Lord,"Why did you leave me when my struggles were the worst? If you were with me when it got unbarable and I had nothing left , why are there not two sets of footprints but only one set of footprints behind us? Jesus said,"When times were good, fair, or barable, I walked beside you. When it became more than you could handle alone, that is where one set footprints begins. My son, where you see one set of footprints, that is where I carried you...

May everyone find their way. Everyone.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:13:40 PM

----I have a military pension from having a purple heart. I was shot in the neck, hit the ground, went black, and woke up in an Amercan fortified building. I can't even remember being shot. I can only go based on 2 witnesses and a story of getting me to safety. I lived. I'll tell you this too. Don't ever get shot in the neck. It may have been the side, but I still don't feel right. And the pain was unmerciful. I'm okay now, but if I move too fast or chew too fast, I'll feel a shot of pain like an icecream headache times 10. When it happens, I just put my head between my knees, grab my head, and slowly rock back and forth until it passes. One time it will be a 2 minute experience. Another time, it wil last ten to fifteen minutes. Those are rare, but the long ones will bring any man to tears. Nevertheless, I still train soldiers in Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma during boot camp. Much of the time I'm at home keeping busy drawing, writing, writing music, and dabbling on here. It keeps me busy and entertained.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:27:27 PM

----

You mean believe sh*t that is completely unbelievable?
I love the way the godbotherers do that.
What about you?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:02:07 PM
At 8/13/2015 2:59:41 PM, Sooner wrote:
At 8/13/2015 1:04:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

That is an interesting story, it would appear you to are carrying the "spoils of war" in your life.

A few picks.

Matthew 7:1-5 is indeed against judging people.

However we have to judge what people say and do, as Jesus did.

Why the difference?

Because people can change what they say and do if we can make them see what they are doing wrong, and thereby change the judgement they are due.

The important phrases to remember in that passage are the ones I embolden below.

Matthew 7:1-5
ASV(i) 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brothers eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brothers eye.

If you make a permanent judgement telling people they are condemned whatever they do, that is the judgement you will get.

If you judge them only on their teachings, that is how you will be judged, which is OK as long as you are teaching what is right.

The second emboldened passage it related to what I said above. How can you put anyone on the path to life, if you haven't made 100% sure that you are on it yourself? You need to be taking great care that what you teach is what you should teach.

Jesus treated people, basically, in three different ways:

1: As you rightly point out he got very angry over violations of his father's law when taught or authorised by the religious leaders who were supposed to be upholding truth.

2: Whilst he didn't get angry with them, he was very dismissive of those who were not interested enough in the truth to even ask questions. That is why he always taught publicly in parables. He also used to use very controversial metaphors to see how people reacted.

his reaction to those who showed little interest was simply, as he explained to his disciples:

Matthew 13:15
ASV(i) 15 For this peoples heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest happy they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them.

Similar to that was his reaction to those who took his controversial metaphors too literally and didn't ask what he meant. as shown in John 6:60-69:
ASV(i) 60 Many therefore of his disciples, when the heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it? 61 But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, Doth this cause you to stumble? 62 What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before? 63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him. 65 And he said, For this cause have I said unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it be given unto him of the Father. 66 Upon this many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67 Jesus said therefore unto the twelve, Would ye also go away? 68 Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we have believed and know that thou art the Holy One of God.

It saddened him but he let them go on their way. The 12 however, even though they didn't understand at that point, stuck by him and waited for his explanation..

I am well aware of the "Footprints" saying, and whilst not entirely inaccurate, it is misleading.

Christ does not carry us, but he does give us the strength we need to endure any trial. The only "footprints in the sand" will be our own, but they will get deeper and firmer where we face difficult trials because we will walk in Jehovah's strength not our own.

Believe me or believe me not, I have experienced that more than once.

That is why Jesus said we have to "endure to the end" I am going to suggest that you read all of Matthew 10 for that one. Maybe then you will see what I mean.

However don't be misled. Jehovah and his son will never make your path easy for you. They will however give you the strength to face whatever Satan's world throws at you, provided you trust them. The scriptures are full of examples of just that. Just think what the Apostles had to go through, indeed what even God's son his self had to suffer..

Your final comment is, in a way, the most dangerous.

"May everyone find their way". Unfortunately there is only one way. Jehovah's way, as taught by Christ. He also made it clear that few would find it, though many would think they had, wrongly.

Matthew 7:13-14
ASV(i) 13 Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby. 14 For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

No, we do not need to find our way. We need to find Jehovah's way, just as his son taught.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:27:24 PM
At 8/13/2015 3:27:27 PM, bulproof wrote:

----

You mean believe sh*t that is completely unbelievable?
I love the way the godbotherers do that.
What about you?
------
If an alien from outerspace did the same thing in front of you, you'd think nothing of it. You'd just wonder how he's able to do it. If a super intelligent being had certain genetic abilities, they could heal someone with ease. In reality, we humans are inching towards it in ways and waiting for approval for other helpful pieces of this puzzle. We humans are pions in possible technology. Yet, even we can use lasers to heal up gashes and to allow people with horrible vision to see 20/20. I'm a Lasex success story. I had it done 19 years ago. I'm still 20/20. They have even been successful with with completely blind people. They use a computerized camera or eye like device to capture light. This light is sent to a certain region of the brain. These once completely blind people people can see light images now. They can't see detsils, but they see an image similar to the vision of Predator in the movie Predator. It looks like heat scensored vision.

If he was truely beyond human, perhaps he knew how to funnel electricity from his brain effectively, extract cells from himself, and some nutrient or subatomic needed partical/molecule/protein/DNA to mix them into a group of things the work as fast moving stem cell like healers to the eye. Or perhaps if he just prayed to the programmer, the programmer could change code to make those eyes work. Any super highly intelligenced being would easily repair a nonworking eye. We are close ourselves. Are we superhuman intelligenced beings? Probably not. There are thousands of concepts of how. You would have said the old theory of gravity and the Earth being a sphere were stupid and impossible in 1400. Do you have a creative bone in your body? Does your vision jump out 3 feet then drop to the floor dead? Your limited type of thinking would have left us still using rocks as tools and chasing buffalo on the prairie. Do you really have no concept that a being could return your sight with touch? You do know the brain sends electricity/energy to your hands to make them work right? What if you could channel that energy? What if we can in 50 years or less? An advanced being would possibly use his body's energy, focus it to his hands, take something with nutrients/particles he needs(dirt, works for plants), take some of his own cells if needed and destroy with energy like Lasex the problem, then use the energy/nutrients/cells and repair what's left. If you can't believe our very future ancesters will have capabilities beyond our belief, your mindis definately not swimming in the deep end.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:37:02 PM
Because people can change what they say and do if we can make them see what they are doing wrong, and thereby change the judgement they are due.

----
My comment may have been misleading. By judging I don't mean holding back needed direction. My use of the word means assuming God hates them and they are doomed to an undesired punishment simply because of their title despite their Christlike lifestyle. In other words, if you're not labeling yourself a Christian by name, God has his eye affixed on you and is eagerly waiting to stomp you out even if you were kind, merciful, forgiving, charitable, patient, sacrificing for others, etc.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:48:30 PM
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brothers eye.
---
Excellent point.