Jump to topic:

Do you post when at work?

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 11:16:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am amazed by the numbers of people who spend their time posting on forums when I would have expected them to be at work.

If you are at work and posting in your employer's time, don't you feel guilty that you are stealing their time when they expect you to be devoting it to your job for which you are being paid?

I have asked this question on a number of forums over the years, particularly religious ones, and quite a few people admit to posting from their place of employment. One Christian 'thief of their employer's time, even claimed that posting their extreme garbage at work was doing God's business!
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 2:21:50 PM
I work at a mission, and I'll post when I'm not particularly busy. Some days are busier than others.

I don't really get paid in money. My payment is doing my religious duty. I live very minimally, and prefer it that way. In a strange way, what I do here is part of my job.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 2:48:23 PM
At 8/13/2015 11:16:45 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I am amazed by the numbers of people who spend their time posting on forums when I would have expected them to be at work.

If you are at work and posting in your employer's time, don't you feel guilty that you are stealing their time when they expect you to be devoting it to your job for which you are being paid?

I have asked this question on a number of forums over the years, particularly religious ones, and quite a few people admit to posting from their place of employment. One Christian 'thief of their employer's time, even claimed that posting their extreme garbage at work was doing God's business!

The system steals your labour, I say pay back is a b*tch.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:11:40 PM
At 8/13/2015 2:21:50 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I work at a mission, and I'll post when I'm not particularly busy. Some days are busier than others.

I don't really get paid in money. My payment is doing my religious duty. I live very minimally, and prefer it that way. In a strange way, what I do here is part of my job.

Oh dear, LOL!
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:33:25 PM
At 8/13/2015 3:11:40 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/13/2015 2:21:50 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Oh dear, LOL!

If you understood what I did you wouldn't find what I'm saying to be all that ridiculous.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:43:42 PM
At 8/13/2015 2:49:12 PM, graceofgod wrote:
self employed , I post when i like..

This.

I'm nomally at work 12 hrs a day and I come on here for a break, but spend too much time sometimes - something I'm working on improving.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:22:34 PM

My job is flexible. I have the freedom to do what I want provided I can get my work done as well.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 5:07:02 PM
Only during breaks, and during period of lengthy scripted software processes. As such, I only read a fraction of the posts, here. Not a problem as long as the work gets done.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 2:11:21 AM

this is on the religion forum why exactly? no biggie, its all good. I admit I do MOST of my posting from my workplace. but not always when Im on the clock. really we have no clock.me ans Travis, my partner both co-own a CrossFit Box here in Santa Cruz. (he;s the 70-30 majority owner, so in a way my boss but we dont think like that). we both have agreed on weekly salaries and we both are physically here for at least 50 hours a week, if Im not on the floor Im behind the front counter up here, reading or on DDO or doing job paperwork like billing and members' info. If I broke down my hourly take home pay by dividing it to the hours Im here at the Box i'd be making about $4.00 an hour! LOL. So not I dont feel guilty. Also as the junior owner--plus he could kick my asss, he's a former UFC bad-asss, I work the crappy hours. Like to midnight five days a week. Sunday mornings, etc. But I love it and aint complaining. But I no way feel guilty. besides with most of my posts Im trying to do a bit of ministry and learn more about others; ideas on God, whom I chosen to serve forever. Not ALL posts, I have fun too here on DDO, but most.
God Bless you.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
cr_lewis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 3:42:30 PM

I have asked this question on a number of forums over the years, particularly religious ones, and quite a few people admit to posting from their place of employment. One Christian 'thief of their employer's time, even claimed that posting their extreme garbage at work was doing God's business! : :'

Being involved in this forum is part of my work, even though the head moderator tries hard to keep me out of here.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 1:06:28 AM
At 8/14/2015 3:42:30 PM, cr_lewis wrote:

I have asked this question on a number of forums over the years, particularly religious ones, and quite a few people admit to posting from their place of employment. One Christian 'thief of their employer's time, even claimed that posting their extreme garbage at work was doing God's business! : :'

Being involved in this forum is part of my work, even though the head moderator tries hard to keep me out of here.

That's because he rightly recognizes you as a mentally-ill nincompoop who predicted his own murder which was to have occurred back in Jan. You told us that all of "God's saints" testify for 1,260 days, then are killed off. But YOU are way over 1,260 days now. Guess ya know what that means, eh?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 7:47:17 AM
At 8/14/2015 3:42:30 PM, cr_lewis wrote:

And rightly so, you are a pain in the neck and no one takes you seriously!