Jump to topic:

My Fellow Christians: WWJD?

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:22:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was at a fund raiser thing this morning over in Aptos where we all saw how far we cold go riding bikes to earn money for Cancer. ya had people pledge like x amount of $$ per mile and then you saw how far you could go in four hours. my quads are killin me man. got some ibuprofin? LOL. but this is the point...I was talking to the brother next to me, who happened to be a Lutheran minister over in Los Gatos. we talked about all the divisivness among us Christians today, all the different churches, and how their all sure they have the Right Answer. He said something pretty cool: "Nobody really knows the exact will of God. If they say they do they want your money or are trying to get elected to some office." spot on, huh?
So...i post this question to my brothers: IF Jesus were alive today, say came down from Heaven just like all the Apoco stories, and He saw the state of Christianity in the world, what do you think, if he could, his main problem would be with us? and if He could do ONE thing for us, to amend our ways of thinking and Worship, what do ya think it would be? and please, guys, this question is I know ripe for mocking and giving smart-asss answers but I would really really want to get some honest and serious ideas. Thank you for that and God Bless you.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:37:52 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:22:20 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I was at a fund raiser thing this morning over in Aptos where we all saw how far we cold go riding bikes to earn money for Cancer. ya had people pledge like x amount of $$ per mile and then you saw how far you could go in four hours. my quads are killin me man. got some ibuprofin? LOL. but this is the point...I was talking to the brother next to me, who happened to be a Lutheran minister over in Los Gatos. we talked about all the divisivness among us Christians today, all the different churches, and how their all sure they have the Right Answer. He said something pretty cool: "Nobody really knows the exact will of God. If they say they do they want your money or are trying to get elected to some office." spot on, huh?
So...i post this question to my brothers: IF Jesus were alive today, say came down from Heaven just like all the Apoco stories, and He saw the state of Christianity in the world, what do you think, if he could, his main problem would be with us? and if He could do ONE thing for us, to amend our ways of thinking and Worship, what do ya think it would be? and please, guys, this question is I know ripe for mocking and giving smart-asss answers but I would really really want to get some honest and serious ideas. Thank you for that and God Bless you.

If Christ came back, He would probably wipe from the Earth Christianity, smack upside the head all you Christians and tell you to stop being so stupid and use your brains for a change.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:40:03 PM
And, your signature line, Einstein never said that. Did you just make that up yourself?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:40:56 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:40:03 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
And, your signature line, Einstein never said that. Did you just make that up yourself?

http://www.brainyquote.com...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:43:45 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:37:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

If Christ came back, He would probably wipe from the Earth Christianity, smack upside the head all you Christians and tell you to stop being so stupid and use your brains for a change.

your not welcome on this Thread and your answer is as accurate as your claim I made up the Einstein quote. the question NOW us are you going to be a man and admit your were wrong with the quote? as it was another false accusing of me? show us all what a big man you are. here's your chance. Im not holding my breath, as I have my own belief about your integrity.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:49:39 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:40:56 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Sorry, but that is not a citation source. You need to provide the source of the quote, for which there is none because Einstein never said that.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:51:48 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:49:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Sorry, but that is not a citation source. You need to provide the source of the quote, for which there is none because Einstein never said that

coward. Liar. Drunk. Godless. and those are your good points. as you proved to be all these and wont have the courtesy to apologize to me for false accusations, I have nothing more to say to you ever. your just not worth my time. consider yourself officially blocked.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:58:38 PM

If Jesus came down from heaven and saw the state of Christianity in the world today, he would apologize to the Jews for thinking Gentiles made better Christians and how he was misled by Paul the apostle of the Gentiles. The Jews would give Jesus a hearing and then based on the desolation he brought upon the Jews by his support for the abomination of desolation would crucify him again in public. That would put and end to his promises of his second coming and save the world from Armageddon declaring Jesus just wasn't worth the war and that the AntiChrist was right after all. Jesus was just a liar and a lunatic.
I apologize to my atheists friend for even speculating about this apologetic unlikely event. But my sense of justice and moral indignation over such a reversal by Christian fund raisers provoked a response.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:29:33 AM
At 8/15/2015 10:58:38 PM, Harikrish wrote:

If Jesus came down from heaven and saw the state of Christianity in the world today, he would apologize to the Jews for thinking Gentiles made better Christians and how he was misled by Paul the apostle of the Gentiles. The Jews would give Jesus a hearing and then based on the desolation he brought upon the Jews by his support for the abomination of desolation would crucify him again in public. That would put and end to his promises of his second coming and save the world from Armageddon declaring Jesus just wasn't worth the war and that the AntiChrist was right after all. Jesus was just a liar and a lunatic.
I apologize to my atheists friend for even speculating about this apologetic unlikely event. But my sense of justice and moral indignation over such a reversal by Christian fund raisers provoked a response.

whoa, wait sec. you said.......he would apologize to the Jews for thinking Gentiles made better Christians and how he was misled by Paul the apostle of the Gentiles. Wow, you need to learn more about Jesus. cuz your wrong on both counts. He NEVER thought th Gentiles would make better Christians. LOL. want some quotes from Him that in fact insult Gentiles? calling them dogs? swine? plus they didnt even use the term Christian back when JC was alive. Also, you say JC was misled by Paul? how? you do know Saul's conversion didnt occur till a couple years after JC died, right? LOL. So JC never even met him, except as a Vision to Paul on the road to Damascus.
bad post all around, bro. you can do better than this. God Bless.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:46:21 AM
At 8/16/2015 1:29:33 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

whoa, wait sec. you said.......he would apologize to the Jews for thinking Gentiles made better Christians and how he was misled by Paul the apostle of the Gentiles. Wow, you need to learn more about Jesus. cuz your wrong on both counts. He NEVER thought th Gentiles would make better Christians. LOL. want some quotes from Him that in fact insult Gentiles? calling them dogs? swine? plus they didnt even use the term Christian back when JC was alive. Also, you say JC was misled by Paul? how? you do know Saul's conversion didnt occur till a couple years after JC died, right? LOL. So JC never even met him, except as a Vision to Paul on the road to Damascus.

It was Jesus who appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and that got Paul the attention and recognition from the disciples and those that heard him. Paul was a persecutor of the Hellenic Jews who were the first century Christians. But he under went a transformation because of Jesus and became the apostle of the Gentiles. That is why Jesus should apologize to the Jews for thinking Gentiles made better Christians and how he was misled by Paul the apostle of the Gentiles who he picked without consulting the other disciples. Jesus should have stayed with the original disciples who were more familiar with his teachings.
You really need to finish your ministry schooling before you damage your reputation belong repair.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:01:56 AM
At 8/16/2015 1:46:21 AM, Harikrish wrote:

It was Jesus who appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and that got Paul the attention and recognition from the disciples and those that heard him. Paul was a persecutor of the Hellenic Jews who were the first century Christians. But he under went a transformation because of Jesus and became the apostle of the Gentiles. That is why Jesus should apologize to the Jews for thinking Gentiles made better Christians and how he was misled by Paul the apostle of the Gentiles who he picked without consulting the other disciples. Jesus should have stayed with the original disciples who were more familiar with his teachings.
You really need to finish your ministry schooling before you damage your reputation belong repair.

I know more on my worst day about the Bible, Jesus, and God's Will than you do on your best. and I humbly consider myself a student of God. but you in my opinion have the least amount of Theology of anybody here on DDO who claims to know anything.
that said..your Christology on Jesus picking Saul is just laughable. terrible. Not a single theologian or bible scholar today would agree. nor any Believers. Im not sure what your problem is but wow. or are you deliberately trolling my Thread? such ignorance would make that seem likely. if so,get off. Now.
maybe yo dont know--in fact I bet you anything you dont, is that Paul did not write his first Epistle for a good 15 years after his Conversion Experience! think about that, and what transpired among Jesus other Apostles and followers in that time. from, say, 32 AD to 58 AD. your welcome. God Bless. Read more of your bible, sir!!!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:10:36 AM
At 8/16/2015 2:01:56 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/16/2015 1:46:21 AM, Harikrish wrote:

I know more on my worst day about the Bible, Jesus, and God's Will than you do on your best. and I humbly consider myself a student of God. but you in my opinion have the least amount of Theology of anybody here on DDO who claims to know anything.
that said..your Christology on Jesus picking Saul is just laughable. terrible. Not a single theologian or bible scholar today would agree. nor any Believers. Im not sure what your problem is but wow. or are you deliberately trolling my Thread? such ignorance would make that seem likely. if so,get off. Now.
maybe yo dont know--in fact I bet you anything you dont, is that Paul did not write his first Epistle for a good 15 years after his Conversion Experience! think about that, and what transpired among Jesus other Apostles and followers in that time. from, say, 32 AD to 58 AD. your welcome. God Bless. Read more of your bible, sir!!!

You should read your bible and not some Christology opinion.

Acts 9:The Damascus Road: Saul Converted
9 Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.

3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"

5 And he said, "Who are You, Lord?"

Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.[a] It is hard for you to kick against the goads."

6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?"

Then the Lord said to him, "Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
junkyard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 3:06:47 PM
So...i post this question to my brothers: IF Jesus were alive today, say came down from Heaven just like all the Apoco stories, and He saw the state of Christianity in the world, what do you think, if he could, his main problem would be with us? and if He could do ONE thing for us, to amend our ways of thinking and Worship, what do ya think it would be? and please, guys, this question is I know ripe for mocking and giving smart-asss answers but I would really really want to get some honest and serious ideas. Thank you for that and God Bless you. : :

The Word of God already knows that the heathens are those who practice religious traditions and believe in pagan doctrines such as bodily resurrections, Eucharist, hell, water baptism, etc.

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled they holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a taunt to our neighbors, mocked and derided by those round us.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Those who dwell upon the earth are the flesh of man who are the proud who cannot keep themselves alive;

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
28: For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.

I am one of the men who are here to proclaim the salvation ( deliverance ) of ALL God's people.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 4:23:00 PM

How could someone who was never here make a comeback?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 4:25:47 PM
At 8/16/2015 3:06:47 PM, junkyard wrote:
So...i post this question to my brothers: IF Jesus were alive today, say came down from Heaven just like all the Apoco stories, and He saw the state of Christianity in the world, what do you think, if he could, his main problem would be with us? and if He could do ONE thing for us, to amend our ways of thinking and Worship, what do ya think it would be? and please, guys, this question is I know ripe for mocking and giving smart-asss answers but I would really really want to get some honest and serious ideas. Thank you for that and God Bless you. : :

The Word of God already knows that the heathens are those who practice religious traditions and believe in pagan doctrines such as bodily resurrections, Eucharist, hell, water baptism, etc.

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled they holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a taunt to our neighbors, mocked and derided by those round us.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Those who dwell upon the earth are the flesh of man who are the proud who cannot keep themselves alive;

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
29: Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.
30: Posterity shall serve him; men shall tell of the Lord to the coming generation,
31: and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, that he has wrought it.

I am one of the men who are here to proclaim the salvation ( deliverance ) of ALL God's people.

In the highly unlikely event of there being a god/goddess, surely we would all be "god's people".
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 9:30:02 PM

Psalm 79.

Revelation 6

Psalm 22:

Hey Brad!!!!!!!
joetheripper117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 9:34:28 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:51:48 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/15/2015 10:49:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Sorry, but that is not a citation source. You need to provide the source of the quote, for which there is none because Einstein never said that

coward. Liar. Drunk. Godless. and those are your good points. as you proved to be all these and wont have the courtesy to apologize to me for false accusations, I have nothing more to say to you ever. your just not worth my time. consider yourself officially blocked.

I don't think that this is the first time you swore to never respond to him.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
arnold_torsen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 5:00:37 AM
At 8/16/2015 9:30:02 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Psalm 79.

Revelation 6

Psalm 22:

Hey Brad!!!!!!! : :

You can't hear the Voice of the Lord, can you?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 12:13:47 AM

So...i post this question to my brothers: IF Jesus were alive today, say came down from Heaven just like all the Apoco stories, and He saw the state of Christianity in the world, what do you think, if he could, his main problem would be with us? and if He could do ONE thing for us, to amend our ways of thinking and Worship, what do ya think it would be?
I believe that Jesus was fully aware that we would all be divided. Consider this in light of what he said in Matthew 7:14:
"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (NIV)

I think the main problem that Jesus would have with Christians today would be their lack of actual Biblical studies. People are prone to look for answers from men that claim to know what the Bible says. The Catholic Church gives the answers for Catholics; pastors give answers for protestants; the Watchtower gives answers for JWs; the LDS Church gives answers for Mormons, etc. People would be surprised at what is in the Bible if they actually read it.

I believe that the one piece of advice that Jesus would give would simply be: study the Bible with no preconceived notions. People should not study the Bible seeking to find what they have been told, but rather to see what it really says. We should study the Bible without having to consistently look for items such as the trinity, hellfire, rapture, etc. If it is there, then it is there. If it is not, then it is not.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:30:21 AM
At 8/18/2015 12:13:47 AM, tstor wrote:

So...i post this question to my brothers: IF Jesus were alive today, say came down from Heaven just like all the Apoco stories, and He saw the state of Christianity in the world, what do you think, if he could, his main problem would be with us? and if He could do ONE thing for us, to amend our ways of thinking and Worship, what do ya think it would be?
I believe that Jesus was fully aware that we would all be divided. Consider this in light of what he said in Matthew 7:14:
"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (NIV)

I think the main problem that Jesus would have with Christians today would be their lack of actual Biblical studies. People are prone to look for answers from men that claim to know what the Bible says. The Catholic Church gives the answers for Catholics; pastors give answers for protestants; the Watchtower gives answers for JWs; the LDS Church gives answers for Mormons, etc. People would be surprised at what is in the Bible if they actually read it.

I believe that the one piece of advice that Jesus would give would simply be: study the Bible with no preconceived notions. People should not study the Bible seeking to find what they have been told, but rather to see what it really says. We should study the Bible without having to consistently look for items such as the trinity, hellfire, rapture, etc. If it is there, then it is there. If it is not, then it is not.

well Jesus was almost certainly a literlalist on the Bible HE knew, which of course was the Tanakh--The Torah; Prophets, and the Ketuvim..the Writings. (Im not sure of all the 150 Psalms and 31 proverbs were compiled when He was on Earth, though.) But you say the Hellfire is only there if you look for it in the OT? I dunno, bro. seems to be there in droves no matter how you read it, unless of course you think alot of its allegorical. Like I do. JC probably did not though. I think in one way He would be pleased that two billion souls think of Him as Lord and Savior. He would be amazed at the sheer population and the size of the World. And amazed that Jews only make-up about 2%!
Now, people who believe JC was God and has always been up in Heaven with his Father would disagree here too--saying He would already know all this. MY OP question was about IF He did die in 32 AD and came back today.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:34:09 AM
At 8/18/2015 1:30:21 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

well Jesus was almost certainly a literlalist on the Bible HE knew, which of course was the Tanakh--The Torah; Prophets, and the Ketuvim..the Writings. (Im not sure of all the 150 Psalms and 31 proverbs were compiled when He was on Earth, though.) But you say the Hellfire is only there if you look for it in the OT? I dunno, bro. seems to be there in droves no matter how you read it, unless of course you think alot of its allegorical. Like I do. JC probably did not though. I think in one way He would be pleased that two billion souls think of Him as Lord and Savior. He would be amazed at the sheer population and the size of the World. And amazed that Jews only make-up about 2%!
I was not saying that the interpretation of the hellfire was only based on scriptures from the OT. I am saying that those preconceived ideas should not dictate how we read and interpret the Bible.

Now, people who believe JC was God and has always been up in Heaven with his Father would disagree here too--saying He would already know all this. MY OP question was about IF He did die in 32 AD and came back today.
My apologies for not realizing the nature of your question. Though I still feel like my answer would remain the same. Jesus would be more concerned with the lack of Biblical literacy than anything else, I believe.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:05:35 AM
At 8/18/2015 1:34:09 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:30:21 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I was not saying that the interpretation of the hellfire was only based on scriptures from the OT. I am saying that those preconceived ideas should not dictate how we read and interpret the Bible.

My apologies for not realizing the nature of your question. Though I still feel like my answer would remain the same. Jesus would be more concerned with the lack of Biblical literacy than anything else, I believe.

oh no, my friend, you answered my Q just right--I think you got it. And I DO agree JC would wish we knew our Bible, the Word a bit more. I would be very very interested in his take on the whole Allah and Islam thing, wouldn't you?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:09:26 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:05:35 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

oh no, my friend, you answered my Q just right--I think you got it. And I DO agree JC would wish we knew our Bible, the Word a bit more. I would be very very interested in his take on the whole Allah and Islam thing, wouldn't you?
Well, we have to recognize that Allah is Jehovah. Just like Christians, Muslims worship the God of Abraham. I think that the difference is that we have two very contrasting ideas about the nature of Christ and in some senses Jehovah.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:23:55 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:09:26 AM, tstor wrote:

Well, we have to recognize that Allah is Jehovah. Just like Christians, Muslims worship the God of Abraham. I think that the difference is that we have two very contrasting ideas about the nature of Christ and in some senses Jehovah.

yeah..Jesus would be with us Christians on that count, for sure. I wonder what he would think of the Koran? I dont know it well enough to give a opinion on that. And wow--what about those wacky Mormons? LOL.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:28:36 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:23:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

yeah..Jesus would be with us Christians on that count, for sure. I wonder what he would think of the Koran? I dont know it well enough to give a opinion on that. And wow--what about those wacky Mormons? LOL.
The Qur'an is a good book. I have read it while in my studies of Islam. I think that it is more pronounced on some elements of Jehovah than the Bible is. In this way, it can be useful for even a Christian.

As for Mormons, their beliefs really aren't that wacky. I do not find anything useful in the Book of Mormon personally, but I have no issue with people who accept it into their Bibles.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:35:03 AM
At 8/18/2015 2:28:36 AM, tstor wrote:

The Qur'an is a good book. I have read it while in my studies of Islam. I think that it is more pronounced on some elements of Jehovah than the Bible is. In this way, it can be useful for even a Christian.

As for Mormons, their beliefs really aren't that wacky. I do not find anything useful in the Book of Mormon personally, but I have no issue with people who accept it into their Bibles.

well I dont know about the whole getting your own planets deal. Or that Adam was once a God. Or that we too can become Gods. but I will say that just about every Mormon ive known was a fine person and did Good Works. so they must be doing something right!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 3:41:29 PM
At 8/18/2015 12:13:47 AM, tstor wrote:

What every bible believer should wake up to is the fact that if Jesus fulfilled all the prophesies then there would be no need for another religion. It would not only be ridiculous, there would be no interest or demand because Jesus closed the case convincingly and finally.
But we know that is not the case. Not only are the prophesies unfulfilled, many have even got them wrong (JW). And very little credibility remains in the bible or Christianity and even less so in the Jewish beliefs after they were reduced to a fraction of their past glory myths included.
So why is there Islam with 1.7 billion Muslim followers and soon expected to outnumber christians? God must have intended it to be so. Finally a religion of peace that all could convert to and glorify the one God. And live under a common moral law with no exceptions. Peace be upon the prophet and upon you all.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 3:50:42 PM
At 8/18/2015 2:09:26 AM, tstor wrote:

No more wackier than your beliefs.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 6:03:51 PM
At 8/18/2015 3:41:29 PM, Harikrish wrote:

What every bible believer should wake up to is the fact that if Jesus fulfilled all the prophesies then there would be no need for another religion. It would not only be ridiculous, there would be no interest or demand because Jesus closed the case convincingly and finally.
But we know that is not the case. Not only are the prophesies unfulfilled, many have even got them wrong (JW). And very little credibility remains in the bible or Christianity and even less so in the Jewish beliefs after they were reduced to a fraction of their past glory myths included.
I would say that a lot of credibility remains in the Bible. You failed to provide any reasoning as to why you think it has been discredited. The only thing you said was that there have been many wrong predictions for Bible prophecy, which only can discredit those who made the predictions, not the Bible. That would be like saying calculus is discredited because many people get calculus problems incorrect.

So why is there Islam with 1.7 billion Muslim followers and soon expected to outnumber christians? God must have intended it to be so. Finally a religion of peace that all could convert to and glorify the one God. And live under a common moral law with no exceptions. Peace be upon the prophet and upon you all.
Except Jesus actually mentioned this very thing in Matthew 7:14:
Todd0611
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 6:19:06 PM

I think he would remind us of the two great commandments, I'm paraphrasing, but aren't they love the Lord your God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself? Even from reading the few posts here, I think one of the biggest problems people have in general, is their desire to be right, about everything. It seems there is hardly anymore humility anymore. IMO, most people want to be "right", and they try to convince others to their side or belief. As Christians, we are supposed to love people, at least that's what I've been taught.