August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:49:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"When the Answer is simple, God is Answering."

---Albert Eisntein

and its not the first time Einstein or other great men of Science mentioned God. This must drive you guys nuts? LOL. proof that some tryuly great scince men are Believers in the God you all cluelessly deny and even mock. Will you let us Believers bring on on the Right Path to God, as even Einstein and others knew about? You are being left out in the cold, my brothers. Allow us to Warm you in God's Light!!

God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:55:02 PM
I also feel compelled here to cite the instance that prompted this thread, my fellow Christians. One of our less bright and more Godless and inebriated and cowardly members, DanneJeRusse accused my of making this quote up. I showed him he was wrong and offered him a chance to be a man and apologize. he refused and continued to falsely accuse me of other things. I find this cowardly and reprehensible. As a Christian I will pray for him to have his sickened sould Healed, but I feel I needed to let you know that I would never fabricate a quote. Or anything here. I try to share my Life in Finding God, that is all. God Bless you.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2015 10:59:48 PM
At 8/15/2015 10:55:02 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
I also feel compelled here to cite the instance that prompted this thread, my fellow Christians. One of our less bright and more Godless and inebriated and cowardly members, DanneJeRusse accused my of making this quote up. I showed him he was wrong and offered him a chance to be a man and apologize. he refused and continued to falsely accuse me of other things. I find this cowardly and reprehensible. As a Christian I will pray for him to have his sickened sould Healed, but I feel I needed to let you know that I would never fabricate a quote. Or anything here. I try to share my Life in Finding God, that is all. God Bless you.

Here's how it actually works, citations are from the source, for example, in a letter Einstein wrote on January 3 1954 to Eric Gutkind, he said this about your God:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Alyou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 12:39:55 AM
It's okay to make that assumption. It's not okay to make the assumed answer a law. Other people have simple answers they think are from God too that do not necessarily agree.

t 8/15/2015 10:49:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

---Albert Eisntein

and its not the first time Einstein or other great men of Science mentioned God. This must drive you guys nuts? LOL. proof that some tryuly great scince men are Believers in the God you all cluelessly deny and even mock. Will you let us Believers bring on on the Right Path to God, as even Einstein and others knew about? You are being left out in the cold, my brothers. Allow us to Warm you in God's Light!!

God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:06:24 AM
At 8/15/2015 10:59:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Here's how it actually works, citations are from the source, for example, in a letter Einstein wrote on January 3 1954 to Eric Gutkind, he said this about your God:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

coward.

https://www.google.com...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:50:19 AM
Riddle: what did the atheist say when he clicked on this link and finished reading it?

Answer: "Ouch!"

LOL. God Bless

http://www.famousscientists.org...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 5:26:58 AM
At 8/15/2015 10:49:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

---Albert Eisntein

The quote may be valid, ABR, but he is not referring to your god. Einstein was referring to "God" as a metaphor for the laws of physics. He was pretty clear about not believing in the god of the Bible. Wikipedia says he was a pantheist and agnostic, so your use of the quote is mischievous at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Einstein expressed his skepticism regarding an anthropomorphic deity, often describing it as "naive" and "childlike". He stated, "It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly. I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem"the most important of all human problems."[8]

In a letter to Beatrice Frohlich, 17 December 1952 Einstein stated, "The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naive."[11] Eric Gutkind sent a copy of his book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call To Revolt"[12] to Einstein in 1954. Einstein sent Gutkind a letter in response and wrote, "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."[13][14][15]
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 5:31:02 AM

---Albert Eisntein

and its not the first time Einstein or other great men of Science mentioned God. This must drive you guys nuts? LOL. proof that some tryuly great scince men are Believers in the God you all cluelessly deny and even mock. Will you let us Believers bring on on the Right Path to God, as even Einstein and others knew about? You are being left out in the cold, my brothers.

"If/When the solution is simple, God is answering/speaking" is a quotation that has been credited to Albert Einstein (1879-1955), a physicist who was known for finding simple solutions to complex physics problems. There is no evidence that Einstein ever said it. "If the solution is simple, God is answering" has been cited in print since either 1988 in Esquire magazine (the citation has not been verified) or ""When the solution is simple, God is answering" in 1995. Neither known citation is close to the time span when Einstein lived.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 6:25:49 AM

---Albert Eisntein

It seems that this quote is bogus after all, ABR. To be fair to you, you may not have known that when you used it. However you are here chortling about it when its authenticity has been questioned. Perhaps you know something we don't. When did Einstein say this and who did he say it to?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 6:43:38 AM

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

Einstein was a pantheist. Einstein didn't believe in a personal god. There's not much to explain here. Since you believe we should be moved by an appeal to authority - Why don't you give up the personal god of Christianity and embrace pantheism as Einstein did?

"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil." -Albert Einstein.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 6:50:36 AM
At 8/16/2015 1:50:19 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Riddle: what did the atheist say when he clicked on this link and finished reading it?

LOL. God Bless

http://lmgtfy.com...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 7:11:35 AM

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

Most rational atheists, don't automatically assume theists are not intelligent. You should take the time to look at how Einstein defined God, though. You may realize that it isn't the way most theists define him/her. As a matter of fact, most geniuses who identify as theists are typically deist, which in all honesty, might as well be atheism.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 7:25:26 AM

You do realize this quote says nothing about rather Einstein thought there was a God, its says what Einstein thinks of how people think of God.

Einstein also said, "I want to know Gods thoughts, the rest is just details"
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 8:40:08 AM

---Albert Einstein

and its not the first time Einstein or other great men of Science mentioned God.
Einstein was a Deist, Augie.

I'm not sure if you know what a Deist is.

A Deist is a sort of borderline nontheist, who believes in an impersonal, nontheological, universal, orderly but not necessarily moral principle, and unfortunately calls it by the same name theists use. Because while the Deist god doesn't need a name (no name is sacred), and is barely a god at all, it helps Deists explain things better to theists.

I'm not a Deist, but I like Deists a whole lot. They're often very smart, very kind and theologically harmless.

Famous Deists include Ethan Allen, Anaxagoras, Ludwig Boltzmann, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Carl Gauss, Victor Hugo, Thomas Jefferson, Jean-Baptiste Lamark, Gottfried Leibniz, John Locke, Dmitri Mendeleev, James Monroe, Thomas Paine, Max Planck, Alexander Pope, Ernest Rutherford, Adam Smith, Mark Twain, Jules Verne, Voltaire, and James Watt.

Yay Deists!

When Christians ignorant of science quote-mine for scientists talking about God, they often incorrectly find Deist quotes instead, not realising that Deists directly oppose the theology that Christians uphold.

Thomas Jefferson, for example, admired the personal example of Jesus, but likened Christian dogma to 'dung'. He took to the KJV Bible with a razor, keeping only the teachings of Jesus from the four apostolic accounts, and removing every miracle, every claim of divinity, every supernatural element including the Resurrection, and every piece or religious dogma. You can find his bible here: [http://sacred-texts.com...]

I wish that everyone who ever terrified a child with threats of eternal punishment; who told someone else that their faith was wrong because one's own faith was right; anyone who ever stoned, flogged, burned or hanged another because dogma told them to; whoever forced a conversion, or wouldn't stop knocking on other peoples' bloody doors to talk about Jesus; or whoever refused another employment, accommodation, food, service, or even a smile in the street because they weren't of their own faith or sect, woke up a Deist instead.

Yay Deists! Boo theists!

So tell us more please, Augie, of what Einstein thought about God.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 8:43:06 AM
At 8/16/2015 6:43:38 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

Einstein was a pantheist. Einstein didn't believe in a personal god. There's not much to explain here. Since you believe we should be moved by an appeal to authority - Why don't you give up the personal god of Christianity and embrace pantheism as Einstein did?

"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil." -Albert Einstein.
This quote, once again ,merely reflects Einstein's rejection of the assumed God people claim how it is defined.
Just because Christians interpret the Bible God as only a personal God doesn't therefore mean Einstein rejected the Christian God, just how Christians defined God. Not all Christians are in the personal camp.
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 8:43:46 AM

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

Sooo... Einstein believed in god, therefore god is real? I don't get it.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 8:50:00 AM
At 8/16/2015 8:40:08 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

---Albert Einstein

and its not the first time Einstein or other great men of Science mentioned God.

A Deist is a sort of borderline nontheist, who believes in an impersonal, nontheological, universal, orderly but not necessarily moral principle, and unfortunately calls it by the same name theists use. Because while the Deist god doesn't need a name (no name is sacred), and is barely a god at all, it helps Deists explain things better to theists.

I'm not a Deist, but I like Deists a whole lot. They're often very smart, very kind and theologically harmless.

Famous Deists include Ethan Allen, Anaxagoras, Ludwig Boltzmann, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Carl Gauss, Victor Hugo, Thomas Jefferson, Jean-Baptiste Lamark, Gottfried Leibniz, John Locke, Dmitri Mendeleev, James Monroe, Thomas Paine, Max Planck, Alexander Pope, Ernest Rutherford, Adam Smith, Mark Twain, Jules Verne, Voltaire, and James Watt.

Yay Deists!

When Christians ignorant of science quote-mine for scientists talking about God, they often incorrectly find Deist quotes instead, not realising that Deists directly oppose the theology that Christians uphold.

Thomas Jefferson, for example, admired the personal example of Jesus, but likened Christian dogma to 'dung'. He took to the KJV Bible with a razor, keeping only the teachings of Jesus from the four apostolic accounts, and removing every miracle, every claim of divinity, every supernatural element including the Resurrection, and every piece or religious dogma. You can find his bible here: [http://sacred-texts.com...]

I wish that everyone who ever terrified a child with threats of eternal punishment; who told someone else that their faith was wrong because one's own faith was right; anyone who ever stoned, flogged, burned or hanged another because dogma told them to; whoever forced a conversion, or wouldn't stop knocking on other peoples' bloody doors to talk about Jesus; or whoever refused another employment, accommodation, food, service, or even a smile in the street because they weren't of their own faith or sect, woke up a Deist instead.

Yay Deists! Boo theists!

So tell us more please, Augie, of what Einstein thought about God.

You are wrong as to what a deist is. Deists merely say God created everything, sort of like the clock maker, wound the clock up and lets it run on its own without interference. Your description isn't even close.,"Barely a god at all"? Right ,created everything is barely a God at all....really
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 8:58:02 AM
At 8/16/2015 8:50:00 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 8/16/2015 8:40:08 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

---Albert Einstein

You are wrong as to what a deist is. Deists merely say God created everything, sort of like the clock maker, wound the clock up and lets it run on its own without interference. Your description isn't even close.,"Barely a god at all"? Right ,created everything is barely a God at all....really

Under normal usage, a god is a personage you can invoke -- i.e. submit to, give worship to, pray to and call upon, propitiate, sacrifice to, plead with. In fact the word 'god' comes from the Proto Indo-European root ghut which means "that which is invoked". [http://www.etymonline.com...]

A Deistic god cannot be invoked, only observed. You can talk to it, but it will never talk back. You can praise it or not, but it won't give you any favours in return. You can't sacrifice to it or pray to it, except as a personal artistic expression.

Whatever you do or don't say or do about a Deistic principle won't actually change a darn thing it does, so it may as well be a bright, impersonal Virtual Reality simulation, or -- as Einstein used it -- a wry, symbolic personification of the order in the universe.

As I said, it's barely a god at all.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 9:12:44 AM
At 8/16/2015 8:43:06 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 8/16/2015 6:43:38 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

This quote, once again ,merely reflects Einstein's rejection of the assumed God people claim how it is defined.
Just because Christians interpret the Bible God as only a personal God doesn't therefore mean Einstein rejected the Christian God, just how Christians defined God. Not all Christians are in the personal camp.

That may be true, but the Christian god is commonly defined as a personal god. I have never run across a deistic/pantheistic Christian, and if I did they would be an anomaly. Einstein understood the god claimed by Christianity and rejected that god:

DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 12:34:02 PM

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

ideas stand or fall on their own, using einstein as a source is a logical fallacy known as "appeal to authority".
just because someone was very intelligent, doesn't mean they couldn't be wrong
maybe einstein received proof that there are gods, if so then it's too bad that you aren't able to pass that evidence along.
the same is true about all the people that used to believe the sun went around the earth, all the evidence at the time pointed to the sun moving and the earth being stationary.
just because you have a good reason to believe something doesn't mean that it's true.
do you have any evidence that gods exist?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 12:45:27 PM

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless.

There is NO verifiable evidence any deity actually exists, it is a matter of belief, NOT fact!
kp98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:16:22 PM
Einstein some made mistakes even about purely scientific matters, so I don't suppose we should pay too much attention to everything he said - especially if he didn't actually say it.

But maybe it's true in a way. If the answer is simple, it may be god answering, because a lot of the time the answer to a question isn't simple and God (or Goddidit) provides a comforting pseudo-answer.
junkyard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:37:50 PM

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless. : :

Men who put their trust in what men write and speak will be deceived. The spirit of man who listens to the spirit of God will never be deceived.
kp98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:44:54 PM
Men who put their trust in what men write and speak will be deceived.

Too true. Especially when men write stuff like:

The spirit of man who listens to the spirit of God will never be deceived.
junkyard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:58:15 PM
At 8/16/2015 1:44:54 PM, kp98 wrote:

The spirit of man who listens to the spirit of God will never be deceived. : :

Most men don't understand what spirit means.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:16:34 PM
At 8/16/2015 1:06:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

coward.

https://www.google.com...

Sorry, but those are pictures of Einstein with that fake quote, anyone could have made those. I suppose that would conclude you have no idea what a citation is.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:18:03 PM
At 8/16/2015 1:50:19 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

LOL. God Bless

Sorry, but that also does not support anything you have said. But then, that has always been par for the course for you, SoM.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:19:22 PM
At 8/16/2015 1:58:15 PM, junkyard wrote:

No one understands what spirit means. It's a word used by believers as an excuse to pretend they know something.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:23:30 PM
At 8/16/2015 1:37:50 PM, junkyard wrote:

---Albert Eisntein

God Bless. : :

Men who put their trust in what men write and speak will be deceived. The spirit of man who listens to the spirit of God will never be deceived.

Brad?
junkyard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 2:23:45 PM
At 8/16/2015 2:19:22 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/16/2015 1:58:15 PM, junkyard wrote:

No one understands what spirit means. It's a word used by believers as an excuse to pretend they know something. : :

Theists and atheists don't know what "believer" or "spirit" means but believers who listen to the voice of God learn what they mean.