Michael is no Jesus

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 3:55:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Michael is no Jesus

1. The notion that archangel Michael is Jesus was first introduced by the Adventist. Neither White nor Russell of the JW were the first to say this. They borrowed a bad idea and stayed with it. It would remain a quiet or secret matter for more that 200 years before Calvin.

2. Daniel refers to Jesus as the Anointed One and not as Michael or an archangel.

Daniel 9:25 "Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One,[f] the ruler, comes, there will be seven "sevens," and sixty-two "sevens." It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two "sevens," the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

After the rejection of Jesus and his death the abomination of destruction to come will be led by Michael the chief of the angels. Jesus being God cannot participate in the killing and destruction. He uses his angels led by Michael.

Daniel 12:1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then.

3. Only Jesus is referred to as the firstborn of God and never Michael.

Hebrews 1:6
Verse Concepts
And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, "AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM."

1 Thessalonians 4:16

4. Jesus will descend from heaven with his army of angels led by veteran archangel Michael. Michael was used by God to battle satan before.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Colossians 1:15 ESV

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

5. No angel was ever called the son of man. Jesus was interchangeably the son of god and the son of man. Angels have always remained angels and distinct.

6. The angels will be under Jesus and accompany him always.

Matthew 25:31 ESV / 6 helpful votes

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

7. Jesus rebukes Satan with his own authority where as Michael does it in the name of God.

Matthew 4:7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

Jude 1:9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

8. Jesus will use the angels to do his fighting and dirty work. That is what angels are for.

Matthew 13:41 ESV / 4 helpful votes

The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,

Revelations 12:7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

9. Jesus is superior to all the angels.

Hebrews 1:

The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

"You are my Son;
today I have become your Father"[a]?
Or again,

"I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son"[b]?
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

"Let all God"s angels worship him."[c]
7 In speaking of the angels he says,

"He makes his angels spirits,
and his servants flames of fire."[d]
8 But about the Son he says,

"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy."[e]
10 He also says,

"In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11 They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
12 You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
and your years will never end."[f]
13 To which of the angels did God ever say,

"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet"[g]?
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

10. Apologetic Press rehash some of my interpretations.

"The writer of Hebrews returned to the subject of Jesus" superiority over angels in chapter two, saying, "He [God] has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels" (2:5). To whom will the world be in subjection? Scripture indicates that it would be Jesus, "the appointed heir of all things" (Hebrews 1:2). "All authority" has been given, not to any angel, but to Jesus (Matthew 28:18). All angels, authorities, and powers "have been made subject to Him" (1 Peter 3:22). "In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him" (Hebrews 2:8, NIV, emp. added). Jesus, therefore, is not Michael, the archangel, "for it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come" (Hebrews 2:5, RSV)."
arnold_torsen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:33:22 AM
At 8/16/2015 3:55:07 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Michael is no Jesus

1. The notion that archangel Michael is Jesus was first introduced by the Adventist. Neither White nor Russell of the JW were the first to say this. They borrowed a bad idea and stayed with it. It would remain a quiet or secret matter for more that 200 years before Calvin.

2. Daniel refers to Jesus as the Anointed One and not as Michael or an archangel.

Daniel 9:25 "Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One,[f] the ruler, comes, there will be seven "sevens," and sixty-two "sevens." It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two "sevens," the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

After the rejection of Jesus and his death the abomination of destruction to come will be led by Michael the chief of the angels. Jesus being God cannot participate in the killing and destruction. He uses his angels led by Michael.

Daniel 12:1 "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then.

Verse Concepts
And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, "AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM."

4. Jesus will descend from heaven with his army of angels led by veteran archangel Michael. Michael was used by God to battle satan before.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

5. No angel was ever called the son of man. Jesus was interchangeably the son of god and the son of man. Angels have always remained angels and distinct.

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

7. Jesus rebukes Satan with his own authority where as Michael does it in the name of God.

Matthew 4:7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

Jude 1:9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

8. Jesus will use the angels to do his fighting and dirty work. That is what angels are for.

The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,

Revelations 12:7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

Hebrews 1:

"You are my Son;
Or again,

"I will be his Father,

10 He also says,

But you remain the same,

"Sit at my right hand
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

"The writer of Hebrews returned to the subject of Jesus" superiority over angels in chapter two, saying, "He [God] has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels" (2:5). To whom will the world be in subjection? Scripture indicates that it would be Jesus, "the appointed heir of all things" (Hebrews 1:2). "All authority" has been given, not to any angel, but to Jesus (Matthew 28:18). All angels, authorities, and powers "have been made subject to Him" (1 Peter 3:22). "In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him" (Hebrews 2:8, NIV, emp. added). Jesus, therefore, is not Michael, the archangel, "for it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come" (Hebrews 2:5, RSV)." : :

No man knows what the "first born" means.

All God's people were born within His invisible thoughts before He spoke everything into existence and His people became visible flesh. God's created invisible people within His invisible thoughts were his first born. The visible flesh of His people are what dies in this world and all that remains are His invisible people within His thoughts.

Stupid people should not be trying to interpret the prophecies.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 3:37:25 PM
At 8/17/2015 4:33:22 AM, arnold_torsen wrote:
At 8/16/2015 3:55:07 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Michael is no Jesus

Verse Concepts

Hebrews 1:

"You are my Son;
Or again,

"I will be his Father,

10 He also says,

But you remain the same,

"Sit at my right hand

"The writer of Hebrews returned to the subject of Jesus" superiority over angels in chapter two, saying, "He [God] has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels" (2:5). To whom will the world be in subjection? Scripture indicates that it would be Jesus, "the appointed heir of all things" (Hebrews 1:2). "All authority" has been given, not to any angel, but to Jesus (Matthew 28:18). All angels, authorities, and powers "have been made subject to Him" (1 Peter 3:22). "In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him" (Hebrews 2:8, NIV, emp. added). Jesus, therefore, is not Michael, the archangel, "for it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come" (Hebrews 2:5, RSV)." : :

No man knows what the "first born" means.

All God's people were born within His invisible thoughts before He spoke everything into existence and His people became visible flesh. God's created invisible people within His invisible thoughts were his first born. The visible flesh of His people are what dies in this world and all that remains are His invisible people within His thoughts.

Stupid people should not be trying to interpret the prophecies.

Yours is a peekaboo interpretation of delusional phenomena a now you see it and now you don't. Mixing the invisible with the visible is what magicians do in their magic acts. Behind their illusions is simple trickery. To you God is a trickster.
You must be terribly disillusioned with your life to believe this nonsense. I suspect you are suicidal too and hate the flesh you are trapped in. Is it a physical deformity or a mental illness that shapes your morbid cynical worldview?