Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians: don't ms-direct your Good Works!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 10:29:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My brother Christians. This morning at Church we talked about Repentence. Salvation. (my favorite subject.) I learned a couple of pretty amazing things from our pastor.
One was that all repenting really means it to change your mind! How easy is this with the help of God? ..When Jesus reminds his disciples that repentance would be preached to all nations all He was REALLY saying to them was to convert others from their way of thinking to his....and the word repentence was first Greek and was ("metanaeo" ) .....which again means "to change one"s mind."

In Acts when Peter called for the people to repent all he was doijng was challenging them to change their ideas of who Jesus was and why he came down to Earth to begin with. His main Mission! See, after His Resurrection they all knew He was no mere carpenter, rabbi, who turned revolutionary. He was Christ the Messiah. Meshiach. Christos! The Annointed One. And here's the cool part: afterPeter"s proseltytizing there was a mass conversion of 3,000 men right then and there!! Fueling the beginning of the Early Church.

so, since Repentance (changing your thinking) is at the core of conversion and proseltyizing is only trying to correct people's sinful thinking, this is the core of spreading the Word. . All good and caring Christians want people to set aside their belief systems and accept Jesus and God's Grace as the way of their salvation.

Simple. I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking. All we can do is try to get them to try it. But if they decline we said this morning that we shouldnt belabor the point. Let them go their way. Dont get meshed in argument to prove God or Jesus. We all can only give our own ideas and experience, pray for them, and then leave the rest to them and God. We waste too much time arguing about it. You will see from here on after this will be my method here on DDO. Ive said this before but like so many times when God is in your life, you get the EXACT message you needed to confirm something form God. And I got mins this morning at Church. This is 3 weeks in a row the Sermon was exactly as I prayed the night before it would be about. Aint God Great? LOL.God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 11:01:09 PM
At 8/16/2015 10:29:12 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
My brother Christians. This morning at Church we talked about Repentence. Salvation. (my favorite subject.) I learned a couple of pretty amazing things from our pastor.
One was that all repenting really means it to change your mind! How easy is this with the help of God? ..When Jesus reminds his disciples that repentance would be preached to all nations all He was REALLY saying to them was to convert others from their way of thinking to his....and the word repentence was first Greek and was ("metanaeo" ) .....which again means "to change one"s mind."

In Acts when Peter called for the people to repent all he was doijng was challenging them to change their ideas of who Jesus was and why he came down to Earth to begin with. His main Mission! See, after His Resurrection they all knew He was no mere carpenter, rabbi, who turned revolutionary. He was Christ the Messiah. Meshiach. Christos! The Annointed One. And here's the cool part: afterPeter"s proseltytizing there was a mass conversion of 3,000 men right then and there!! Fueling the beginning of the Early Church.

so, since Repentance (changing your thinking) is at the core of conversion and proseltyizing is only trying to correct people's sinful thinking, this is the core of spreading the Word. . All good and caring Christians want people to set aside their belief systems and accept Jesus and God's Grace as the way of their salvation.

Simple. I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking. All we can do is try to get them to try it. But if they decline we said this morning that we shouldnt belabor the point. Let them go their way.

Yeah, you see, the problem with that is the fact there is a small army of selfish evangelists who want to change our minds, they form an endless line, each one of them wanting to change our minds. And, no matter how many times we decline, the next selfish evangelist pops right up in front of us and wants to change our minds. This cycle is never ending, the point is way beyond having been belabored and has now reached critical heights of madness and frustration.

Dont get meshed in argument to prove God or Jesus. We all can only give our own ideas and experience, pray for them, and then leave the rest to them and God.

But, we've heard the ideas and the experiences over and over an over... ad nauseum. We're really, really, really tired of hearing them. Can't you just stop?

We waste too much time arguing about it. You will see from here on after this will be my method here on DDO. Ive said this before but like so many times when God is in your life, you get the EXACT message you needed to confirm something form God. And I got mins this morning at Church. This is 3 weeks in a row the Sermon was exactly as I prayed the night before it would be about. Aint God Great? LOL.God Bless.

No, God Aint Great.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 11:10:35 PM

It does not mean change your mind from not believing in mythical characters to believing one of them or a few of them are real.
It is about changing an immature mind ( Carnal ) into a mature mind ( Spiritual ).
It is about understand no supernatural characters exist but the characters are merely personifications of our own human attitudes (spirits) which are perfectly natural. Nothing supernatural about them.
It means changing your mind from being ignorant to being enlightened about the reality of Life.
It does not mean follow any mythical characters and worship them as gods. It means grow up and understand those characters are merely story book characters which teach examples. It is up to us to decide which of those examples we want to adopt and follow in our own lives.

The same challenge can be applied to Christians today. Most don't seem to understand who Jesus was. Most seem to perceive him as some historical supernatural character rather than as a mythical personification of Truth and Life itself.
No man, natural or supernatural is the savior of any other man unless they are physically saving other people from some physical danger.
When it comes to the human mind, only the person who owns the mind can change his own mind from thinking like a child to thinking like an adult.
Truth is the saviour. Only TRUTH can set people free from things like deceptions and delusions. That includes self deceptions and false doctrines taught in religions which encourage their members to worship invisible idols and perform religious rituals to please them.

Accepting any invisible supernatural man as savior is as foolish as accepting Santa as the giver of the gifts under the xmas tree.
Setting aside childish thinking is about setting aside the belief that any gods are real. It is about understanding ALL gods are personifications of various principles, attitudes and forces within humans and the universe itself.
No invisible characters need to forgive humans for anything. Humans need to forgive and understand themselves.

Simple. I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking. All we can do is try to get them to try it. But if they decline we said this morning that we shouldnt belabor the point. Let them go their way. Dont get meshed in argument to prove God or Jesus. We all can only give our own ideas and experience, pray for them, and then leave the rest to them and God. We waste too much time arguing about it. You will see from here on after this will be my method here on DDO. Ive said this before but like so many times when God is in your life, you get the EXACT message you needed to confirm something form God. And I got mins this morning at Church. This is 3 weeks in a row the Sermon was exactly as I prayed the night before it would be about. Aint God Great? LOL.God Bless.

The problem is most Christians are trying to get non Christians to believe in a mythical character as a saviour, instead of explaining the character is nothing but a personification of TRUTH and ONLY TRUTH can set the self deceived free from the self deceptions.
However, it will not set them free unless they accept the TRUTH that all gods are mythical.
If they insist on keeping one as an invisible idol they will remain carnal minded immature children all their lives who do nothing but argue about whose God is real and whose is not and whether the Jesus character should be worshiped as God or not.
Praying to any supernatural gods for anyone is as futile as praying to Mother Nature and expecting her to answer you.
The chance of getting what you want is no different to any lucky dip.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

The TRUTH is not a supernatural character. TRUTH is reality.
Face the reality that all invisible supernatural characters are mythical and you will be set free from the worship of invisible idols, set free from wasting time praying to any of them and set free from a childish state of mind which has you talking to an invisible friend.

Talk to REAL people instead if you can find any. Very FEW are REAL. Most are pretending to be something they are not.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 1:32:28 AM
At 8/16/2015 11:10:35 PM, Skyangel wrote:

It does not mean change your mind from not believing in mythical characters to believing one of them or a few of them are real.
It is about changing an immature mind ( Carnal ) into a mature mind ( Spiritual ).
It is about understand no supernatural characters exist but the characters are merely personifications of our own human attitudes (spirits) which are perfectly natural. Nothing supernatural about them.
It means changing your mind from being ignorant to being enlightened about the reality of Life.
It does not mean follow any mythical characters and worship them as gods. It means grow up and understand those characters are merely story book characters which teach examples. It is up to us to decide which of those examples we want to adopt and follow in our own lives.

The same challenge can be applied to Christians today. Most don't seem to understand who Jesus was. Most seem to perceive him as some historical supernatural character rather than as a mythical personification of Truth and Life itself.
No man, natural or supernatural is the savior of any other man unless they are physically saving other people from some physical danger.
When it comes to the human mind, only the person who owns the mind can change his own mind from thinking like a child to thinking like an adult.
Truth is the saviour. Only TRUTH can set people free from things like deceptions and delusions. That includes self deceptions and false doctrines taught in religions which encourage their members to worship invisible idols and perform religious rituals to please them.

Accepting any invisible supernatural man as savior is as foolish as accepting Santa as the giver of the gifts under the xmas tree.
Setting aside childish thinking is about setting aside the belief that any gods are real. It is about understanding ALL gods are personifications of various principles, attitudes and forces within humans and the universe itself.
No invisible characters need to forgive humans for anything. Humans need to forgive and understand themselves.

The problem is most Christians are trying to get non Christians to believe in a mythical character as a saviour, instead of explaining the character is nothing but a personification of TRUTH and ONLY TRUTH can set the self deceived free from the self deceptions.
However, it will not set them free unless they accept the TRUTH that all gods are mythical.
If they insist on keeping one as an invisible idol they will remain carnal minded immature children all their lives who do nothing but argue about whose God is real and whose is not and whether the Jesus character should be worshiped as God or not.
Praying to any supernatural gods for anyone is as futile as praying to Mother Nature and expecting her to answer you.
The chance of getting what you want is no different to any lucky dip.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

The TRUTH is not a supernatural character. TRUTH is reality.
Face the reality that all invisible supernatural characters are mythical and you will be set free from the worship of invisible idols, set free from wasting time praying to any of them and set free from a childish state of mind which has you talking to an invisible friend.

Talk to REAL people instead if you can find any. Very FEW are REAL. Most are pretending to be something they are not.

LOL...only you, Sky,the Queen of Contradictions hereon DDO would deny God and the Divinity of Jesus and mock God as a myth and then quote Jesus Himself fro the Gospel of John. congrats! I've never seen somebody so conflicted before. If you take ONE quote from Jesus like that with Knowing the Truth and claim its true then how can oyu in your right mind dismiss all His others speaking of God? this is beyond cherry picking or confirmation bias. what you do. it's just plain silly and ignorant. but from reading some of your past posts and the responses to them I know Im not the first member here to throw up their hands in laughter and dismay at your convoluted and non-sensical melting pot theology.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 1:42:59 AM
I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking. All we can do is try to get them to try it.

So two billion people spend their lives telling five billion people to please change their minds?

How about five billion people tell two billion people to please stop strutting around like they own the planet?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 1:57:45 AM
At 8/17/2015 1:42:59 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking. All we can do is try to get them to try it.

So two billion people spend their lives telling five billion people to please change their minds?

How about five billion people tell two billion people to please stop strutting around like they own the planet?

Nope,doesnt work that way doc. Not all Christians proselytize. Probably only about one-tenth or so would be my guess. I prefer to look at it for me at least as simply trying to share me experience, strength and hope with the lost unbelievers. I hold no ill will or wishes for them, I rather hope for the best. And wish them God speed. It's all I can do. Many of them are the proverbial horse that wont drink. And when I speak with God He tells me that;s OK..its not my fault, as long as I am being sincere and not self-serving when Itry to share my hope with them. Thats just me thoough. I know full well some Christians are over-zealous in their preaching. and worse, NOT even true Believers of the Word they preach. Dont get angry with these souls, since God is going to be far harder on them than He will with a Unknowing Atheist or agnostic.
God Bless.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:06:43 AM
At 8/17/2015 1:57:45 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Nope,doesnt work that way doc. Not all Christians proselytize.

Just as well, Augie! Two billion people who don't get on with one another, can't agree on anything, and don't respect the beliefs of anyone else telling others how to live has about as much legitimacy as the Osbournes offering marriage guidance counseling.

Seriously, Christians need to be asking questions of people outside their faith and learning to better themselves, not peddling theological solutions to problems they created in the first place.
arnold_torsen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:05:23 AM

Simple. I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking. All we can do is try to get them to try it. But if they decline we said this morning that we shouldnt belabor the point. Let them go their way. Dont get meshed in argument to prove God or Jesus. We all can only give our own ideas and experience, pray for them, and then leave the rest to them and God. We waste too much time arguing about it. You will see from here on after this will be my method here on DDO. Ive said this before but like so many times when God is in your life, you get the EXACT message you needed to confirm something form God. And I got mins this morning at Church. This is 3 weeks in a row the Sermon was exactly as I prayed the night before it would be about. Aint God Great? LOL.God Bless. : :

It is easy for the Beast to suck God's people into Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Those who escape the Beast will get to understand the Beast and the future.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:20:31 AM
At 8/17/2015 4:05:23 AM, arnold_torsen wrote:

It is easy for the Beast to suck God's people into Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Those who escape the Beast will get to understand the Beast and the future.

Apparently you haven't escaped the beast yet, because your predictions of the future came up wanting.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
arnold_torsen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:24:53 AM
At 8/17/2015 4:20:31 AM, annanicole wrote:

Apparently you haven't escaped the beast yet, because your predictions of the future came up wanting. : :

You don't even know what the Beast means, Anna.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:46:56 AM
At 8/17/2015 4:24:53 AM, arnold_torsen wrote:

Apparently you haven't escaped the beast yet, because your predictions of the future came up wanting. : :

Nor do you.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
arnold_torsen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 4:49:05 AM
At 8/17/2015 4:46:56 AM, annanicole wrote:

Nor do you. : :

I know God's thoughts very well, Anna. Some thoughts confuse the flesh of His people and make them build things with their human hands while some thoughts make sense to the spirit of man and teaches them what the Beast is.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 5:07:48 AM
At 8/17/2015 4:49:05 AM, arnold_torsen wrote:
At 8/17/2015 4:46:56 AM, annanicole wrote:

Nor do you. : :

I know God's thoughts very well, Anna.

Sure ya do, Brad. Sure ya do.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:52:07 PM

Nope,doesnt work that way doc. Not all Christians proselytize. Probably only about one-tenth or so would be my guess. I prefer to look at it for me at least as simply trying to share me experience, strength and hope with the lost unbelievers. I hold no ill will or wishes for them, I rather hope for the best. And wish them God speed. It's all I can do. Many of them are the proverbial horse that wont drink.

No, many of them have already been flooded by the tsunami of proselytizers just like you and are sick of hearing it.

And when I speak with God He tells me that;s OK..its not my fault

It IS your fault, no one else. YOU are the one at fault.

as long as I am being sincere and not self-serving when Itry to share my hope with them. Thats just me thoough.

But, you're not sincere and you are self-serving, that's how it works.

I know full well some Christians are over-zealous in their preaching. and worse, NOT even true Believers of the Word they preach. Dont get angry with these souls, since God is going to be far harder on them than He will with a Unknowing Atheist or agnostic.
God Bless.

We're not interested in them or you telling us anything. Keep it all to yourself. Thanks.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 3:36:07 PM
<snip>
Simple. I still dont know what some non-believers dont just take this Gift which is theirs for asking...

How could you not understand this given that you were such a strong atheist before? It took God's direct action for you, didn't it?

...All we can do is try to get them to try it. But if they decline we said this morning that we shouldnt belabor the point. Let them go their way. Dont get meshed in argument to prove God or Jesus...

In order to have what you say be taken seriously, you have to take what is said in return seriously. If you expect others to hear you, then you must hear to other, even criticisms (as long as they aren't just blatant attacks).

...We all can only give our own ideas and experience, pray for them, and then leave the rest to them and God. We waste too much time arguing about it...

As it was with you, it is entirely in God's hands. He would know exactly who He wants to believe and how to get them to believe. Atheists are that way because He wishes them to be; would it not be an effortless task for God to convince them?

...You will see from here on after this will be my method here on DDO. Ive said this before but like so many times when God is in your life, you get the EXACT message you needed to confirm something form God. And I got mins this morning at Church. This is 3 weeks in a row the Sermon was exactly as I prayed the night before it would be about. Aint God Great? LOL.God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:15:43 PM
At 8/17/2015 2:06:43 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Just as well, Augie! Two billion people who don't get on with one another, can't agree on anything, and don't respect the beliefs of anyone else telling others how to live has about as much legitimacy as the Osbournes offering marriage guidance counseling.

Seriously, Christians need to be asking questions of people outside their faith and learning to better themselves, not peddling theological solutions to problems they created in the first place.

yep! I agree any good Christian who is trying to share His Testimony with non-believers needs to ask probly as many questions as he gives answers or opinions. two way street. even now as a Born Again Christian I dont like being preached to! Ive said this before on DDO, how sometimes Id rather talk with atheists than somebody like a Brad or a Harkrish or a Serato. those cats all give us bad names. Thanks, Doc!
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:21:05 PM
At 8/17/2015 6:15:43 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

yep! I agree any good Christian who is trying to share His Testimony with non-believers needs to ask probly as many questions as he gives answers or opinions. two way street. even now as a Born Again Christian I dont like being preached to! Ive said this before on DDO, how sometimes Id rather talk with atheists than somebody like a Brad or a Harkrish or a Serato. those cats all give us bad names. Thanks, Doc!

I'd say it even stronger than that, Augie...

Don't preach to people who haven't asked you a question.

Just don't.

Ask questions. That's it.

Your opinion of the moral and spiritual disposition of others is NOT a gift, if it comes untimely and uninvited.

Or rather, it's a gift to your own sanctimony and self-love, but not to anyone else.

So, if you're so committed to spiritual development, work on yourself.

Ask questions. Maybe someone will ask one back, maybe they won't.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:41:05 PM

yep! I agree any good Christian who is trying to share His Testimony with non-believers needs to ask probly as many questions as he gives answers or opinions.

Since no one has asked you any questions or wants to hear your opinions, then there shouldn't be any answers or opinions from you. You're free to ask questions, of course, but we haven't asked you anything, so why would you be giving us any answers or opinions?

two way street.

Yes, it is a two way street, you are allowed to go one way and we are allowed to go the other way, each of us minding our own business. Unfortunately, you have both lanes completely blocked and you want everyone to turn around and go in the direction YOU are going.

even now as a Born Again Christian I dont like being preached to!

Then, you know how we feel, yet you continue to preach.

Ive said this before on DDO, how sometimes Id rather talk with atheists than somebody like a Brad or a Harkrish or a Serato. those cats all give us bad names. Thanks, Doc!

They give your religion a bad name?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:55:35 PM

In Acts when Peter called for the people to repent all he was doijng was challenging them to change their ideas of who Jesus was and why he came down to Earth to begin with. His main Mission! See, after His Resurrection they all knew He was no mere carpenter, rabbi, who turned revolutionary.

They had already changed their minds regarding who Jesus was. That's why they were pricked in their hearts. When Peter told them, in answer to their query, "Repent and be baptized unto the remission of sins", the repentance there would refer to sins in general - not the messiahship of Jesus.

It is interesting that the conditions laid forth pertaining to remission of one's past sins, or pardon in the mind of God, include baptism just as repentance.
turnaround
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 7:23:46 PM

yep! I agree any good Christian who is trying to share His Testimony with non-believers needs to ask probly as many questions as he gives answers or opinions. two way street. even now as a Born Again Christian I dont like being preached to! Ive said this before on DDO, how sometimes Id rather talk with atheists than somebody like a Brad or a Harkrish or a Serato. those cats all give us bad names. Thanks, Doc! : :

No religious antichrist likes having the true gospel ( voice of the Lord ) preached to them. The religious Jews hated the gospel that Jesus and the other saints preached to them. Eventually, the religious Jews started Christianity by using their old religious traditions and pagan ideas mixed with some ideas that they stole from the saints.
turnaround
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 7:25:21 PM

yep! I agree any good Christian who is trying to share His Testimony with non-believers needs to ask probly as many questions as he gives answers or opinions. two way street. even now as a Born Again Christian I dont like being preached to! Ive said this before on DDO, how sometimes Id rather talk with atheists than somebody like a Brad or a Harkrish or a Serato. those cats all give us bad names. Thanks, Doc! : :

In fact, you can't tell what thoughts are coming from the Beast or what comes from the true gospel that us saints preach.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:29:34 PM
At 8/17/2015 7:25:21 PM, turnaround wrote:

In fact, you can't tell what thoughts are coming from the Beast or what comes from the true gospel that us saints preach.
What true gospel do you preach from? You mostly quote the bible which appears to be your source. The rest of the crap you preach is not part of any gospel and reads like poorly understood science fiction coming from a poorly educated person.
turnaround
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:31:40 PM
At 8/17/2015 8:29:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

What true gospel do you preach from? You mostly quote the bible which appears to be your source. The rest of the crap you preach is not part of any gospel and reads like poorly understood science fiction coming from a poorly educated person. : :

The gospel is the voice of the Lord, which is my created existence. Everything visible and invisible came from Me.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:48:47 PM
At 8/17/2015 8:31:40 PM, turnaround wrote:
At 8/17/2015 8:29:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

What true gospel do you preach from? You mostly quote the bible which appears to be your source. The rest of the crap you preach is not part of any gospel and reads like poorly understood science fiction coming from a poorly educated person. : :

The gospel is the voice of the Lord, which is my created existence. Everything visible and invisible came from Me.
But in the beginning was Brad Holkesvig the homeless beggar and recovering alcoholic with the diminished mental capacity. The rest is uncontrollable delusions that flashes on and off (visible/invisible) caused by a severely damaged brain from alcohol abuse. Your mental illness isn't productive, Brad.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:52:38 PM
At 8/17/2015 6:55:35 PM, annanicole wrote:

In Acts when Peter called for the people to repent all he was doijng was challenging them to change their ideas of who Jesus was and why he came down to Earth to begin with. His main Mission! See, after His Resurrection they all knew He was no mere carpenter, rabbi, who turned revolutionary.

They had already changed their minds regarding who Jesus was. That's why they were pricked in their hearts. When Peter told them, in answer to their query, "Repent and be baptized unto the remission of sins", the repentance there would refer to sins in general - not the messiahship of Jesus.

It is interesting that the conditions laid forth pertaining to remission of one's past sins, or pardon in the mind of God, include baptism just as repentance.

Hi anna! good to see ya. but do you personally think that being baptized by another person, even like a Baptist minister holds any weight in the Eye of God as far as having your sins forgiven with Him? I don't. I think at best its a "show of Faith" and willingness to say you're now open to beginning a Relationship with God.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:08:44 PM
At 8/17/2015 8:52:38 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Hi anna! good to see ya. but do you personally think that being baptized by another person, even like a Baptist minister holds any weight in the Eye of God as far as having your sins forgiven with Him? I don't. I think at best its a "show of Faith" and willingness to say you're now open to beginning a Relationship with God.

Jesus insisted John the Baptist baptize him.

Jesus said his disciples could forgive sins.

John 20:20-23 ESV Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld."

These powers make Jesus and God redundant.
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:10:11 PM

Hi anna! good to see ya. but do you personally think that being baptized by another person, even like a Baptist minister holds any weight in the Eye of God as far as having your sins forgiven with Him? I don't. I think at best its a "show of Faith" and willingness to say you're now open to beginning a Relationship with God. : :

Water baptism is an old Jewish tradition that in hopes, man will be able to wash away his own sins. As the Jews read the Law of God, they didn't understand that they were spiritual laws that had nothing to do with this world.

For instance, the commandment to obey thy Father and Mother have nothing to do with our earthly parents. The Father is our Creator and the Mother is His creation where everything was born. Those who do not listen to the voice of the Father, will never understand what the Mother is.

The religious Jews were told to listen to the voice of the Lord and obey His commandments but they did not know what His voice was because they never heard it. Only God's prophets heard His voice and responded in obedience to it and were used to write and speak ( testify ) to His knowledge that comes forth from His voice.

Most people still don't hear the voice of the Lord because we're still living under the Old Covenant, even though the New Covenant is being revealed to us saints and those ( chosen believers ) who listen to the gospel ( voice of the Lord ) that we preach to them.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:14:38 PM
At 8/17/2015 9:10:11 PM, mindtrainer wrote:

Hi anna! good to see ya. but do you personally think that being baptized by another person, even like a Baptist minister holds any weight in the Eye of God as far as having your sins forgiven with Him? I don't. I think at best its a "show of Faith" and willingness to say you're now open to beginning a Relationship with God. : :

Water baptism is an old Jewish tradition that in hopes, man will be able to wash away his own sins. As the Jews read the Law of God, they didn't understand that they were spiritual laws that had nothing to do with this world.

For instance, the commandment to obey thy Father and Mother have nothing to do with our earthly parents. The Father is our Creator and the Mother is His creation where everything was born. Those who do not listen to the voice of the Father, will never understand what the Mother is.

The religious Jews were told to listen to the voice of the Lord and obey His commandments but they did not know what His voice was because they never heard it. Only God's prophets heard His voice and responded in obedience to it and were used to write and speak ( testify ) to His knowledge that comes forth from His voice.

Most people still don't hear the voice of the Lord because we're still living under the Old Covenant, even though the New Covenant is being revealed to us saints and those ( chosen believers ) who listen to the gospel ( voice of the Lord ) that we preach to them.

hey Brad. I disagree with your last sentence. I think very few of us, maybe only Orthodox Jews live under the Old Covenent. Most of us go with the new, from Jesus Chrits. also we dont need saints and prophets to Know God. and this is a good thing since they don't exist in this world. not any more, after JC. the closest we have are people who have Met God and try to share their experience. but even these folks are far from knowing His full Will and His Ways. anybody who says they do wants your money. or your attention. or is trying to get elected. which of those are you?
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:28:29 PM
At 8/17/2015 9:14:38 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

hey Brad. I disagree with your last sentence. I think very few of us, maybe only Orthodox Jews live under the Old Covenent. Most of us go with the new, from Jesus Chrits. also we dont need saints and prophets to Know God. and this is a good thing since they don't exist in this world. not any more, after JC. the closest we have are people who have Met God and try to share their experience. but even these folks are far from knowing His full Will and His Ways. anybody who says they do wants your money. or your attention. or is trying to get elected. which of those are you? : :

The Beast has totally confused you my friend. All God's former saints knew that God's people were influenced by the Beast that was used to form all the religions of this world including Judaism and Christianity.

This is why Jesus called the tabernacles that the Jews built as being "den's of Satan". The Jews had no idea that their minds were controlled by the Beast. Only chosen believers could hear the gospel that Jesus and all the rest of God's saints preach to them.

I'm God's last saint who testified to His knowledge starting on June 16th, 2008 in written form. After two years, He had me start testifying in spoken form to prepare me to go out and preach the gospel to find His chosen believers who would listen to His voice. Those who reject His voice are called antichrists. False prophets are totally influenced by the Beast and teach false interpretations of the scriptures to their Christian followers.

You're believing these false interpretations by false prophets and their lies that God's saints don't exist anymore.

The 1,000 year reign of Christ started with the first saint's testimonies and will end with my testimonies. After that, God's plan to end this first age will happen. All flesh will perish in His fire, which is the hot molten lava that's stored inside the earth and ready to burst through the crust and melt everything on it into a lake of fire.

Christians are clueless to what's coming. Only chosen believers will listen to the true gospel ( voice of the Lord ) and learn what's coming and how the Beast has influenced their minds until they heard the gospel and learned what it is. Most believers will continue to be influenced by the Beast until their flesh perishes. Only us saints have the strength to resist the Beast who tells the antichrists that we're liars.

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

Luke 6
22: "Blessed are you when men hate you and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man!,

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

The us in the above sentence is us saints who preach the gospel to God's chosen believers who have the Truth in them to listen to His voice. They know His voice and trust it when we preach the gospel to them.

Why do you think you're not trusting the gospel I preach?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:30:40 PM
At 8/17/2015 9:28:29 PM, mindtrainer wrote:
At 8/17/2015 9:14:38 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

hey Brad. I disagree with your last sentence. I think very few of us, maybe only Orthodox Jews live under the Old Covenent. Most of us go with the new, from Jesus Chrits. also we dont need saints and prophets to Know God. and this is a good thing since they don't exist in this world. not any more, after JC. the closest we have are people who have Met God and try to share their experience. but even these folks are far from knowing His full Will and His Ways. anybody who says they do wants your money. or your attention. or is trying to get elected. which of those are you? : :

The Beast has totally confused you my friend. All God's former saints knew that God's people were influenced by the Beast that was used to form all the religions of this world including Judaism and Christianity.

This is why Jesus called the tabernacles that the Jews built as being "den's of Satan". The Jews had no idea that their minds were controlled by the Beast. Only chosen believers could hear the gospel that Jesus and all the rest of God's saints preach to them.

I'm God's last saint who testified to His knowledge starting on June 16th, 2008 in written form. After two years, He had me start testifying in spoken form to prepare me to go out and preach the gospel to find His chosen believers who would listen to His voice. Those who reject His voice are called antichrists. False prophets are totally influenced by the Beast and teach false interpretations of the scriptures to their Christian followers.

You're believing these false interpretations by false prophets and their lies that God's saints don't exist anymore.

The 1,000 year reign of Christ started with the first saint's testimonies and will end with my testimonies. After that, God's plan to end this first age will happen. All flesh will perish in His fire, which is the hot molten lava that's stored inside the earth and ready to burst through the crust and melt everything on it into a lake of fire.

Christians are clueless to what's coming. Only chosen believers will listen to the true gospel ( voice of the Lord ) and learn what's coming and how the Beast has influenced their minds until they heard the gospel and learned what it is. Most believers will continue to be influenced by the Beast until their flesh perishes. Only us saints have the strength to resist the Beast who tells the antichrists that we're liars.

Jeremiah 6
10: To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the LORD is to them an object of scorn, they take no pleasure in it.

Luke 6
22: "Blessed are you when men hate you and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man!,

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

The us in the above sentence is us saints who preach the gospel to God's chosen believers who have the Truth in them to listen to His voice. They know His voice and trust it when we preach the gospel to them.

Why do you think you're not trusting the gospel I preach?

because you have no credibility my friend. Oh I trust the Scripture you paste, but anybody who claims to be a Saint has erased all his credibility with me, right outta da box. LOL God Bless.