Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's your favorite Psalm?

August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Christians, and all Bible readers: what's your favorite Psalm? And why? Please hare it here and maybe add a comment about it. Here is my current favorite. (I sometimes change my mind on my fave but this oneis always in the top few of them. God Bless

PSALM 139....................
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,"
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.

19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.[b]
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting![d]
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
arnold_torsen
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 3:59:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Christians, and all Bible readers: what's your favorite Psalm? And why? Please hare it here and maybe add a comment about it. Here is my current favorite. (I sometimes change my mind on my fave but this oneis always in the top few of them. God Bless


PSALM 139....................
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,"
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.

19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.[b]
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting![d] : :

Psalm 16
3: As for the saints in the land, they are the noble, in whom is all my delight.

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:05:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Hey RP good to see ya! well I think your Psalm 38 would be a fine one when repenting to God for a specially big Sin. Or doing someting you think went against His Will. but its a little to dark for me for everyday usage. only my opinion. Im not a big believer of being afraid of God or apologizing to Him every day just because. then too Im not a believer in Original Sin so we might differ on all this. Thanks though for adding to my Thread! God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
turnaround
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 6:12:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 6:05:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Hey RP good to see ya! well I think your Psalm 38 would be a fine one when repenting to God for a specially big Sin. Or doing someting you think went against His Will. but its a little to dark for me for everyday usage. only my opinion. Im not a big believer of being afraid of God or apologizing to Him every day just because. then too Im not a believer in Original Sin so we might differ on all this. Thanks though for adding to my Thread! God Bless. : :

It's not the sins of man that is the problem. The problem is that God's people do not listen to His voice and obey His commandments;

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

Those of us who listen to His Voice learn that all flesh will perish during this first age because the flesh ( proud of the earth who cannot keep themselves alive ) is of this world and will never be used in the New Heaven and Earth when God's created people get new flesh to experience life with.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:26:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 6:12:46 PM, turnaround wrote:
At 8/17/2015 6:05:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Hey RP good to see ya! well I think your Psalm 38 would be a fine one when repenting to God for a specially big Sin. Or doing someting you think went against His Will. but its a little to dark for me for everyday usage. only my opinion. Im not a big believer of being afraid of God or apologizing to Him every day just because. then too Im not a believer in Original Sin so we might differ on all this. Thanks though for adding to my Thread! God Bless. : :

It's not the sins of man that is the problem. The problem is that God's people do not listen to His voice and obey His commandments;

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

Those of us who listen to His Voice learn that all flesh will perish during this first age because the flesh ( proud of the earth who cannot keep themselves alive ) is of this world and will never be used in the New Heaven and Earth when God's created people get new flesh to experience life with.

The question is; what is your favourite Psalm? You cannot even correctly answer a simple question. Deuteronomy is not a Psalm. Proof you are scripturally illiterate.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:03:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Christians, and all Bible readers: what's your favorite Psalm? And why?

Psalm 91
Because I dwell in the most high secret place.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:08:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Those are your favorite Psalms?
They sound like they are written by a person suffering from low self esteem, depression and hopelessness.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:22:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/18/2015 1:08:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Those are your favorite Psalms?
They sound like they are written by a person suffering from low self esteem, depression and hopelessness.

no...mine was #139 in my OP. And yes--91 is a great one too!

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 1:36:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/18/2015 1:22:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

no...mine was #139 in my OP. And yes--91 is a great one too!

You asked people to give a reason WHY their choice is their favorite. You have not said WHY Psalm 139 is your favorite.

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:03:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/18/2015 1:36:45 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:22:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

no...mine was #139 in my OP. And yes--91 is a great one too!

You asked people to give a reason WHY their choice is their favorite. You have not said WHY Psalm 139 is your favorite.


91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

I like it because it present God as a close friend who knows me better than myself and also knows what I need even before I do. It's a Psalm than has a "safe" feeling to it and also speaks of God's ominsicence. His Love, how He cares for us. And how he is a refuge. A confidant, a True Father. I find it an excellent psalm to read right before bedtime, after prayers.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/18/2015 1:08:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Those are your favorite Psalms?
They sound like they are written by a person suffering from low self esteem, depression and hopelessness.

That's the point. That's who I am without Christ.
The Psalm shows a picture of utter hopelessness on the account of self. But not of God. God is my strength, and my Redeemer. I am not. You could, for short, say it shows utmost humility before God and man. Has a way of clearing ones thought, and re-directing their focus. A devout Christian recognizes who he/she is. To ignore it, is to assume arrogance. Dying to self is a consistent battle; this helps. Shoves self out of the way, and the focus is on the "Lord my salvation."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 1:00:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/18/2015 2:03:47 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:36:45 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:22:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

no...mine was #139 in my OP. And yes--91 is a great one too!

You asked people to give a reason WHY their choice is their favorite. You have not said WHY Psalm 139 is your favorite.


91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain


I like it because it present God as a close friend who knows me better than myself and also knows what I need even before I do. It's a Psalm than has a "safe" feeling to it and also speaks of God's ominsicence. His Love, how He cares for us. And how he is a refuge. A confidant, a True Father. I find it an excellent psalm to read right before bedtime, after prayers.

I know what many people need before they do too but I know you won't believe me.
At least I am real, not some mythical invisible character.
However, if talking to invisible friends makes you feel good, talk to as many as you need.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 1:04:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:08:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Those are your favorite Psalms?
They sound like they are written by a person suffering from low self esteem, depression and hopelessness.

That's the point. That's who I am without Christ.
The Psalm shows a picture of utter hopelessness on the account of self. But not of God. God is my strength, and my Redeemer. I am not. You could, for short, say it shows utmost humility before God and man. Has a way of clearing ones thought, and re-directing their focus. A devout Christian recognizes who he/she is. To ignore it, is to assume arrogance. Dying to self is a consistent battle; this helps. Shoves self out of the way, and the focus is on the "Lord my salvation."

It seems most Christians have a very low self esteem and don't recognize who they are at all. If they did, they would not need to talk to invisible friends to make them feel better.
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 3:02:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/19/2015 1:04:24 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:08:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Those are your favorite Psalms?
They sound like they are written by a person suffering from low self esteem, depression and hopelessness.

That's the point. That's who I am without Christ.
The Psalm shows a picture of utter hopelessness on the account of self. But not of God. God is my strength, and my Redeemer. I am not. You could, for short, say it shows utmost humility before God and man. Has a way of clearing ones thought, and re-directing their focus. A devout Christian recognizes who he/she is. To ignore it, is to assume arrogance. Dying to self is a consistent battle; this helps. Shoves self out of the way, and the focus is on the "Lord my salvation."

It seems most Christians have a very low self esteem and don't recognize who they are at all. If they did, they would not need to talk to invisible friends to make them feel better.

Self-esteem is what Hitler had. And Stalin, and Zedong, and blah blah blah. "Feel better" isn't the problem. It is what is the problem. You ought not to be so sure of yourself.
The old proverb says "pride comes before a fall." Btw, imaginary beings do not exist. "Invisible friends" don't either. So, if you do not believe that God exists, then please state that as your reason why. I, however, do believe He is. Unless you have the axiom to disprove it, your point is pointless.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:03:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 3:02:44 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/19/2015 1:04:24 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:08:07 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/17/2015 2:40:05 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Toss up between
Psalm 6 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. [3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord , how long? [4] Return, O Lord , deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. [5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? [6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. [7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. [8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. [9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. [10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

And
Psalm 38 KJV
[1] O Lord , rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. [2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. [3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. [4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. [5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. [6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. [7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. [8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. [9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. [10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. [11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. [12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me : and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. [13] But I, as a deaf man , heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. [14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. [15] For in thee, O Lord , do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. [16] For I said, Hear me , lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. [17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. [18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. [19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. [20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is . [21] Forsake me not, O Lord : O my God, be not far from me. [22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Those are your favorite Psalms?
They sound like they are written by a person suffering from low self esteem, depression and hopelessness.

That's the point. That's who I am without Christ.
The Psalm shows a picture of utter hopelessness on the account of self. But not of God. God is my strength, and my Redeemer. I am not. You could, for short, say it shows utmost humility before God and man. Has a way of clearing ones thought, and re-directing their focus. A devout Christian recognizes who he/she is. To ignore it, is to assume arrogance. Dying to self is a consistent battle; this helps. Shoves self out of the way, and the focus is on the "Lord my salvation."

It seems most Christians have a very low self esteem and don't recognize who they are at all. If they did, they would not need to talk to invisible friends to make them feel better.

Self-esteem is what Hitler had. And Stalin, and Zedong, and blah blah blah. "Feel better" isn't the problem. It is what is the problem. You ought not to be so sure of yourself.
The old proverb says "pride comes before a fall." Btw, imaginary beings do not exist. "Invisible friends" don't either. So, if you do not believe that God exists, then please state that as your reason why. I, however, do believe He is. Unless you have the axiom to disprove it, your point is pointless.

Ignore the Skybird, her words are empty and she has no business quoting scriptures. She is lost that is why she desperately clings to her delusional, hollow interpretations, and in return thinks all the others believe in "fantasies" lol. She mocks Christianity, the scriptures, authors as well as the whole reality of it all. After that she claims to be some authority, ripping off scripture and leading others into her own pit.
In short she really has no need for god or scriptures, but she has nothing else to peddle her imagination with.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/19/2015 1:00:34 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:03:47 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:36:45 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 1:22:55 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

no...mine was #139 in my OP. And yes--91 is a great one too!

You asked people to give a reason WHY their choice is their favorite. You have not said WHY Psalm 139 is your favorite.


91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain


I like it because it present God as a close friend who knows me better than myself and also knows what I need even before I do. It's a Psalm than has a "safe" feeling to it and also speaks of God's ominsicence. His Love, how He cares for us. And how he is a refuge. A confidant, a True Father. I find it an excellent psalm to read right before bedtime, after prayers.

I know what many people need before they do too but I know you won't believe me.
At least I am real, not some mythical invisible character.
However, if talking to invisible friends makes you feel good, talk to as many as you need.

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.
Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?
You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality. You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:22:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.

Neither do you. You toss around the term spirituality, but it has no meaning whatsoever, hence your words have no meaning whatsoever.

Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?

Why would yours?

You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah

You keep repeating the same nonsensical words like, spirit, spirituality, spiritual reality, spiritual realm, blah, blah, blah...

but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality.

The same goes for you.

You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

You should take your own advice.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:59:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 2:22:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.

Oh goodie, like I didn't know you would show up and say the same things lol, surprised you haven't joined the likes of Bulpoop and his fate.

Neither do you. You toss around the term spirituality, but it has no meaning whatsoever, hence your words have no meaning whatsoever.

Yes I do, it is you who don't, get that through your head, you're an atheist, I'm a Theist lol, got it?

Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?

Why would yours?

Because I'm not an atheist lol, but a practicing Christian duh...

You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah

You keep repeating the same nonsensical words like, spirit, spirituality, spiritual reality, spiritual realm, blah, blah, blah...

No, I say them when relevant however they have no relevance for an atheist wino.

but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality.

The same goes for you.

Same goes for you.

You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

You should take your own advice.

I don't speak for others unless they decide to speak on my behalf, then I will intervene, otherwise you will see me speaking for myself and my own beliefs.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 3:36:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 2:59:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:22:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.

Oh goodie, like I didn't know you would show up and say the same things lol, surprised you haven't joined the likes of Bulpoop and his fate.

Neither do you. You toss around the term spirituality, but it has no meaning whatsoever, hence your words have no meaning whatsoever.

Yes I do, it is you who don't, get that through your head, you're an atheist, I'm a Theist lol, got it?

Yes, I get it, you make stuff up from your imagination, pretending it's knowledge, then you throw it in other peoples faces like some small child pretending you know something they don't.

Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?

Why would yours?

Because I'm not an atheist lol, but a practicing Christian duh...

That makes no difference, duh.

You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah

You keep repeating the same nonsensical words like, spirit, spirituality, spiritual reality, spiritual realm, blah, blah, blah...

No, I say them when relevant however they have no relevance for an atheist wino.

And yet, no one else here has ever responded to you nonsensical posts other than to say they're nonsensical.

but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality.

The same goes for you.

Same goes for you.

You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

You should take your own advice.

I don't speak for others unless they decide to speak on my behalf, then I will intervene, otherwise you will see me speaking for myself and my own beliefs.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Posts: 19,792
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 4:32:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/17/2015 1:36:00 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Christians, and all Bible readers: what's your favorite Psalm? And why? Please hare it here and maybe add a comment about it. Here is my current favorite. (I sometimes change my mind on my fave but this oneis always in the top few of them. God Bless

Psalm 118, v. 19 -24, a Messianic prophesy (and also a prophesy concerning the establishment of the church in Acts 2)

Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord:
This gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter.

I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:06:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 3:02:44 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/19/2015 1:04:24 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

That's the point. That's who I am without Christ.
The Psalm shows a picture of utter hopelessness on the account of self. But not of God. God is my strength, and my Redeemer. I am not. You could, for short, say it shows utmost humility before God and man. Has a way of clearing ones thought, and re-directing their focus. A devout Christian recognizes who he/she is. To ignore it, is to assume arrogance. Dying to self is a consistent battle; this helps. Shoves self out of the way, and the focus is on the "Lord my salvation."

It seems most Christians have a very low self esteem and don't recognize who they are at all. If they did, they would not need to talk to invisible friends to make them feel better.

Self-esteem is what Hitler had. And Stalin, and Zedong, and blah blah blah. "Feel better" isn't the problem. It is what is the problem. You ought not to be so sure of yourself.

Do you think the character Jesus had low self esteem? He did not go around confessing what a hopeless sinner he was and how impossible it was to be perfect, like Christians do. The bible teaches that people need to grow up and be of the same mindset as Christ. He believed in himself. The example of believing in yourself is the example you ought to follow.

The old proverb says "pride comes before a fall." Btw, imaginary beings do not exist. "Invisible friends" don't either. So, if you do not believe that God exists, then please state that as your reason why. I, however, do believe He is. Unless you have the axiom to disprove it, your point is pointless.

Is God your invisible friend or your visible friend?
Can you see God?
Why do you call God a "he" ?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:12:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.
Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?
You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality. You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

Reality appears to be a delusion to those who are lost in their fantasies and talk to invisible friends.
I am not the one who talks to invisible characters or believes some supernatural character exists outside the universe.
Do you ?
If the cap fits......
If it doesn't, why do you get upset over what I write?

The Truth offends those who don't want to face it.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:47:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 9:12:05 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.
Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?
You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality. You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

Reality appears to be a delusion to those who are lost in their fantasies and talk to invisible friends.
I am not the one who talks to invisible characters or believes some supernatural character exists outside the universe.

That is because you are an atheist, you don't know what theism is and what scriptures are for.

Do you ?
If the cap fits......
If it doesn't, why do you get upset over what I write?

I get "upset" at people speaking for Christianity like they know what it is and what it means, no one needs your atheistic-wiccan ideas of scripture.


The Truth offends those who don't want to face it.

Of course, the statement any delusional person can make, it means nothing to anyone but you.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 1:42:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 9:47:38 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/20/2015 9:12:05 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.
Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?
You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality. You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

Reality appears to be a delusion to those who are lost in their fantasies and talk to invisible friends.
I am not the one who talks to invisible characters or believes some supernatural character exists outside the universe.

That is because you are an atheist, you don't know what theism is and what scriptures are for.

You don't need to be an atheist to understand ALL invisible supernatural gods are mythical human creations. You just need to be a mature grown up.

Do you ?
If the cap fits......
If it doesn't, why do you get upset over what I write?

I get "upset" at people speaking for Christianity like they know what it is and what it means, no one needs your atheistic-wiccan ideas of scripture.

I was a "Born again Christian" for 40 years of my life. I most likely know what it means better than you do.
I grew up from the childish mentality of believing in any invisible supernatural characters. That is why I left religion and stopped worshiping an invisible supernatural idol.

The Truth offends those who don't want to face it.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 1:51:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 1:42:25 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/20/2015 9:47:38 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/20/2015 9:12:05 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:13:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're really no different than BoG, you constantly attack strawmen that you think represents Christians, but in reality you have no clue, no idea what spirituality is and what it takes.
Everyone knows you are basically an atheist in a witch body, so why would your repetitive delusional opinions matter to any real theist about scripture?
You keep repeating the same boring words like "mythical", "fantasy", "invisible friends" blah blah blah but the more you say it doesn't make it any less moronic, it's still your ignorant words that have no real weight or bearing on reality. You live in your own fantasy, so speak for yourself and stop telling others they do.

Reality appears to be a delusion to those who are lost in their fantasies and talk to invisible friends.
I am not the one who talks to invisible characters or believes some supernatural character exists outside the universe.

That is because you are an atheist, you don't know what theism is and what scriptures are for.

You don't need to be an atheist to understand ALL invisible supernatural gods are mythical human creations. You just need to be a mature grown up.

Do you ?
If the cap fits......
If it doesn't, why do you get upset over what I write?

I get "upset" at people speaking for Christianity like they know what it is and what it means, no one needs your atheistic-wiccan ideas of scripture.

I was a "Born again Christian" for 40 years of my life. I most likely know what it means better than you do.
I grew up from the childish mentality of believing in any invisible supernatural characters. That is why I left religion and stopped worshiping an invisible supernatural idol.

The Truth offends those who don't want to face it.

If you were really Born Again from God's Grace you would have stayed In the Lord. Since it is an Irresistable Grace" which once bestowed by God the Father cannot be refuted. So since you now call God a myth and a invisibel Friend it tells me that you were Born Again in your own eyes only.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:29:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 1:51:35 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 1:42:25 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I was a "Born again Christian" for 40 years of my life. I most likely know what it means better than you do.
I grew up from the childish mentality of believing in any invisible supernatural characters. That is why I left religion and stopped worshiping an invisible supernatural idol.


If you were really Born Again from God's Grace you would have stayed In the Lord. Since it is an Irresistable Grace" which once bestowed by God the Father cannot be refuted. So since you now call God a myth and a invisibel Friend it tells me that you were Born Again in your own eyes only.

Do you have comprehension problems?
I AM in the Lord. I can't be any place else since God is everywhere. God is LIFE. I live in LIFE. LIFE is the LORD and CREATOR of LIFE. It gives Life and it takes away Life.
I SEE GOD every day in REALITY because God is NOT an invisible supernatural character to me. That is WHY I can actually SEE God with my natural eyes as well as with "the eyes of my understanding". I live in the REVELATION of the WAY of LIFE in TRUTH and REALITY.
I AM the LIGHT of the world. I live in the FIRE which burned ALL the dross in my carnal mind and helped me GROW into a MATURE understanding of what God actually is.
I did not leave the Lord. I moved from an immature perception of the Lord as an invisible supernatural person to a mature perception of God as the LIFE which can be SEEN and observed in every existing thing.
I moved out of "seeing" God as an invisible supernatural character into actually seeing God in reality with my natural eyes as well as with my understanding.

The pure in heart can SEE God. ( Matt 5:8 )
I SEE God in REALITY. I cannot see any supernatural characters in reality because they are imaginary.
Do you understand any of that?
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:34:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:29:23 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/21/2015 1:51:35 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 1:42:25 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I was a "Born again Christian" for 40 years of my life. I most likely know what it means better than you do.
I grew up from the childish mentality of believing in any invisible supernatural characters. That is why I left religion and stopped worshiping an invisible supernatural idol.


If you were really Born Again from God's Grace you would have stayed In the Lord. Since it is an Irresistable Grace" which once bestowed by God the Father cannot be refuted. So since you now call God a myth and a invisibel Friend it tells me that you were Born Again in your own eyes only.

Do you have comprehension problems?
I AM in the Lord. I can't be any place else since God is everywhere. God is LIFE. I live in LIFE. LIFE is the LORD and CREATOR of LIFE. It gives Life and it takes away Life.
I SEE GOD every day in REALITY because God is NOT an invisible supernatural character to me. That is WHY I can actually SEE God with my natural eyes as well as with "the eyes of my understanding". I live in the REVELATION of the WAY of LIFE in TRUTH and REALITY.
I AM the LIGHT of the world. I live in the FIRE which burned ALL the dross in my carnal mind and helped me GROW into a MATURE understanding of what God actually is.
I did not leave the Lord. I moved from an immature perception of the Lord as an invisible supernatural person to a mature perception of God as the LIFE which can be SEEN and observed in every existing thing.
I moved out of "seeing" God as an invisible supernatural character into actually seeing God in reality with my natural eyes as well as with my understanding.

The pure in heart can SEE God. ( Matt 5:8 )
I SEE God in REALITY. I cannot see any supernatural characters in reality because they are imaginary.
Do you understand any of that?

sounds like your a pantheist and Not born again. you still refer to God as not a supernatural character, which he most certainly is. "Super" as in yes having Created nature but also suprasses it. Like an artist who painted a picture and you worship the picture but deny the Artist. It doesn't work that way if your Born Again. I love nature too but see it as God's Work. Not Him. You have not I think, moved on, but rather slid back a little. But as long as you see Beauty in His work than this is one step closer to Seeing He who Created it. then the next step: LOVE and Pray to He who Created that Nature. Do this and you will be Born Again, again. LOL. God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:34:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've always found Psalm 23 to be profoundly poetic, and I love the Geneva translation of the Bible:

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He maketh me to rest in green pasture, and leadeth me by the still waters.

He restoreth my soul, and leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his Name's sake.

Yea, though I should walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou dost prepare a table before me in the sight of mine adversaries: thou dost anoint mine head with oil, and my cup runneth over.

Doubtless kindness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall remain a long season in the house of the Lord."


One snippet that I like even more, however, are the first few lines of 19, which are just electrifying:

" The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth the work of his hands.

Day unto day uttereth the same, and night unto night teacheth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Their line is gone forth through all the earth, and their words into the ends of the world: in them hath he set a tabernacle for the Sun."
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:44:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/20/2015 9:06:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/20/2015 3:02:44 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/19/2015 1:04:24 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/18/2015 2:46:27 AM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

That's the point. That's who I am without Christ.
The Psalm shows a picture of utter hopelessness on the account of self. But not of God. God is my strength, and my Redeemer. I am not. You could, for short, say it shows utmost humility before God and man. Has a way of clearing ones thought, and re-directing their focus. A devout Christian recognizes who he/she is. To ignore it, is to assume arrogance. Dying to self is a consistent battle; this helps. Shoves self out of the way, and the focus is on the "Lord my salvation."

It seems most Christians have a very low self esteem and don't recognize who they are at all. If they did, they would not need to talk to invisible friends to make them feel better.

Self-esteem is what Hitler had. And Stalin, and Zedong, and blah blah blah. "Feel better" isn't the problem. It is what is the problem. You ought not to be so sure of yourself.

Do you think the character Jesus had low self esteem? He did not go around confessing what a hopeless sinner he was and how impossible it was to be perfect, like Christians do. The bible teaches that people need to grow up and be of the same mindset as Christ. He believed in himself. The example of believing in yourself is the example you ought to follow.

Christ was humble, He showed respect, and, further, He was God. He wasn't a sinner; He knew no sin. 2Corinthians 5:21
The example of believing in yourself is what could get you somewhere, but not others. More or less, what that is saying is "try as hard as you can to be who you are because you can do it, and think of the great, possible outcome." Lol, that doesn't work for a lot of people. How about those who abuse themselves? They may think highly of themselves being able to withstand the things they poison their bodies with. That's self esteem enough, and it just digs their own grave. "Have a good feeling of accomplishment," basically. If that's the case go tight-rope across two buildings hundreds of feet up in the air. You could get plenty self esteem(pride) from that(if you survive).


The old proverb says "pride comes before a fall." Btw, imaginary beings do not exist. "Invisible friends" don't either. So, if you do not believe that God exists, then please state that as your reason why. I, however, do believe He is. Unless you have the axiom to disprove it, your point is pointless.

Is God your invisible friend or your visible friend?
Can you see God?

The question you through proves nothing like my answer would.
What's the axiom saying He doesn't exist?

Why do you call God a "he" ?

We, as humans, and God being God, have referred to God in a masculine way. Leader, Father, Savior, and etc. Those things are recognized in men. God isn't a "he", but referring to Him, we use a masculine form of speech. That is all. He has no gender. English has a way of distorting masculine, and feminine, forms of words. Remember Spanish? "El" and "La": masculine and feminine, and applied to different things.
God is referred to in a masculine way. God is, but is not an "it", or a creation. God is a Spirit, and has a being, and, thusly, we refer to God as one. Him, He, and etc.