Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

The Big Kahuna of All Theology Questions!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:42:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And it is this: What if Brad is right about everything He says? That He really IS a Saint chosen by God to spread His Word. And that most of what we know about God is Wrong?
Man, I'd feel like Pontius Pilate or somebody. This would suck. So...is there any chance at all that we have shunned and mocked a true Prophet? Think about that! LOL.
And God Bless us all--especially if Brad was right!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:59:34 PM
At 8/17/2015 9:42:54 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
And it is this: What if Brad is right about everything He says? That He really IS a Saint chosen by God to spread His Word. And that most of what we know about God is Wrong?
Man, I'd feel like Pontius Pilate or somebody. This would suck. So...is there any chance at all that we have shunned and mocked a true Prophet? Think about that! LOL.
And God Bless us all--especially if Brad was right! : :

Brad is just a flesh that God is using for His purpose so don't worship the flesh. Our Creator is the ONE who created us all and gave us Eternal Life. Put your trust in Him alone and you will never be deceived.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:09:04 PM

Quick! Call your sis in Seattle and have her colleague fly Brad out to Chapel Hill, SC for immediate testing. If Brad's lucky, he might even get into the same psych journal as you. Wouldn't that be exciting?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:10:46 PM
At 8/17/2015 9:59:34 PM, mindtrainer wrote:

Brad is just a flesh that God is using for His purpose so don't worship the flesh. Our Creator is the ONE who created us all and gave us Eternal Life. Put your trust in Him alone and you will never be deceived.

Ah...speaking in the third person now, are we Brad? pretty cool. hurry up tell me: who's The Beast? I wanna be prepared for it/Him/them. God Bless
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:13:09 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:10:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Ah...speaking in the third person now, are we Brad? pretty cool. hurry up tell me: who's The Beast? I wanna be prepared for it/Him/them. God Bless : :

Why don't you read my posts that give you the answer to what the Beast is? I just got done giving you an answer in your other thread.
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:15:22 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:10:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Ah...speaking in the third person now, are we Brad? pretty cool. hurry up tell me: who's The Beast? I wanna be prepared for it/Him/them. God Bless : :

Read the answer to what the Beast is in this post; http://www.debate.org...
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:20:35 PM

I would like to think the lord would choose a more credible prophet than a person who suffers from alcohol induces brain damage (to my knowledge). But yet again, who am I to question God or his potential choice of prophet.
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:25:10 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:20:35 PM, Mobutu wrote:

I would like to think the lord would choose a more credible prophet than a person who suffers from alcohol induces brain damage (to my knowledge). But yet again, who am I to question God or his potential choice of prophet. : :

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:28:24 PM

I would like to think the lord would choose a more credible prophet than a person who suffers from alcohol induces brain damage (to my knowledge). But yet again, who am I to question God or his potential choice of prophet.

that's a good answer, my friend. My own answer would run along those lines. Nobody knows God's Will, but we would all like to think He would choose a more credible mouthpiece. I made this thread half in jest of course. I think the chances of Bad Brad being a modern day Isiah are very very slim. mocirscopic. But it begs us to remember that most sages from history were mocked at first. not only sages but scientists and artists and philophers. who knows who is tuned into God? Whom He Chooses.
We have some very small and petty minds here on DDO, who do nothing but attack and mock. can you imagine how empty their lives must be? I had one of these dimwit atheists the other day ask me to stop posting about my experiences with God. He said None of us want to hear it. Yet--get this: I NEVER broached HIS posts or threads! LOL. He always and still does come to me! Imagine how sad THAT llfe is! So sometimes I think us little people see something or somebody who might REALLY KNOW! And this scares us. So we mock. Jesus spoke of this as you know. How hard it is for Prophets.
So I guess this thread was sort of like a parable---a little amusing, light, and probly NOT really true as far as Mr. H being a Prophet. BUT is makes us think about a larger question as well as our own natures.
God Bless!
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:32:04 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:28:24 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

that's a good answer, my friend. My own answer would run along those lines. Nobody knows God's Will, but we would all like to think He would choose a more credible mouthpiece. I made this thread half in jest of course. I think the chances of Bad Brad being a modern day Isiah are very very slim. mocirscopic. But it begs us to remember that most sages from history were mocked at first. not only sages but scientists and artists and philophers. who knows who is tuned into God? Whom He Chooses.
We have some very small and petty minds here on DDO, who do nothing but attack and mock. can you imagine how empty their lives must be? I had one of these dimwit atheists the other day ask me to stop posting about my experiences with God. He said None of us want to hear it. Yet--get this: I NEVER broached HIS posts or threads! LOL. He always and still does come to me! Imagine how sad THAT llfe is! So sometimes I think us little people see something or somebody who might REALLY KNOW! And this scares us. So we mock. Jesus spoke of this as you know. How hard it is for Prophets.
So I guess this thread was sort of like a parable---a little amusing, light, and probly NOT really true as far as Mr. H being a Prophet. BUT is makes us think about a larger question as well as our own natures.
God Bless! : :

Those of you who have a strong Beast in your mind will totally reject the true gospel that us saints preach to God's chosen believers who know His Voice.

Christians have no idea what a saint is or why God uses us?
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:32:50 PM

God Bless!

Agreed. Many atheists (and I was guilty of this before converting) simply mock religious people and dismiss their lived experiences as "subjective" without going over their arguments in any depth. It's very petty.
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:37:29 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:32:50 PM, Mobutu wrote:

God Bless!

Agreed. Many atheists (and I was guilty of this before converting) simply mock religious people and dismiss their lived experiences as "subjective" without going over their arguments in any depth. It's very petty. : :

I have witnessed to many of God's chosen believers who call themselves Atheists. Once they start listening to His Voice, most of them keep listening without any arguments.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:37:50 PM

Well, that's just it - we have no "knowledge" of god. Brad very well could be right and so could anyone else making a claim about god. On the other hand, every one of them could be wrong.

This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:43:46 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:37:50 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Well, that's just it - we have no "knowledge" of god. Brad very well could be right and so could anyone else making a claim about god. On the other hand, every one of them could be wrong.

Yeppers. I believe that as we speak there are a few men and maybe women too alive right now on Earth who are as Divine and Saint-like as Jesus of Nazareth. like Him they are mortal, but have Qualities so In Line with God and they know His Will and His Ways sooo well that they can be said to have divine qualities. again like Jesus. the Buddhists call these folks Bodhishatvas or something like that. They're here to teach us. The Chosen. what do you think about this??? God Bless you.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:43:53 PM

Keep in mind the underlined and consider Noah from the Bible. You're either ignorant of the Bible or hypocritical.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:44:34 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:37:29 PM, mindtrainer wrote:

God Bless!

Agreed. Many atheists (and I was guilty of this before converting) simply mock religious people and dismiss their lived experiences as "subjective" without going over their arguments in any depth. It's very petty. : :

I have witnessed to many of God's chosen believers who call themselves Atheists. Once they start listening to His Voice, most of them keep listening without any arguments.

So if they are chosen believers (I'm guessing god chooses for them to believe) surely doesn't that contradict the premise god gives us all free will. Not that I'm criticizing god or questioning his perfection. I'm just crticizing this part of your premise.
Mobutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:45:44 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:43:53 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Keep in mind the underlined and consider Noah from the Bible. You're either ignorant of the Bible or hypocritical.

Where does it say in the bible Noah had brain damage?
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:48:48 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:44:34 PM, Mobutu wrote:
At 8/17/2015 10:37:29 PM, mindtrainer wrote:

God Bless!

So if they are chosen believers (I'm guessing god chooses for them to believe) surely doesn't that contradict the premise god gives us all free will. Not that I'm criticizing god or questioning his perfection. I'm just crticizing this part of your premise. : :

God's people do not have any free will to choose life or death. In fact, ALL God's people will lose their flesh in this first age, only to awaken in new flesh is Paradise.

Some chosen believers are skeptical of these facts but that was written into the script by our Creator.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 10:59:38 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:43:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Yeppers. I believe that as we speak there are a few men and maybe women too alive right now on Earth who are as Divine and Saint-like as Jesus of Nazareth. like Him they are mortal, but have Qualities so In Line with God and they know His Will and His Ways sooo well that they can be said to have divine qualities. again like Jesus. the Buddhists call these folks Bodhishatvas or something like that. They're here to teach us. The Chosen. what do you think about this??? God Bless you.

First off, why would God choose a human to represent him? Secondly, why are there so many humans who claim to represent god spouting contradictory messages? It seems much more likely that people who hear voices have issues (even if they claim the voice is God).

mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:02:32 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:43:46 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Yeppers. I believe that as we speak there are a few men and maybe women too alive right now on Earth who are as Divine and Saint-like as Jesus of Nazareth. like Him they are mortal, but have Qualities so In Line with God and they know His Will and His Ways sooo well that they can be said to have divine qualities. again like Jesus. the Buddhists call these folks Bodhishatvas or something like that. They're here to teach us. The Chosen. what do you think about this??? God Bless you. : :

There hasn't been another saint on this planet besides the one writing this post since the last saint was killed by the Roman government before the Roman Emperor Constantine announced that Christianity was the main religion of the Roman Empire. He could easily get by with that statement knowing there wasn't anymore saints running around preaching the true gospel.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:02:42 PM
At 8/17/2015 10:45:44 PM, Mobutu wrote:

I am not aware that Brad has brain damage. He thinks God speaks to him, but so did Noah (assuming Noah existed). They seem very similar - brain damage or not.

mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:05:21 PM

Where does it say in the bible Noah had brain damage? : :

And who besides Harikrish and a few other members in this forum claim that I am brain damaged? Those of you who believe these lies by these antichrists will be deceived of the Spirit that is being spoken by the one writing this post.
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:08:25 PM
At 8/17/2015 11:02:42 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I am not aware that Brad has brain damage. He thinks God speaks to him, but so did Noah (assuming Noah existed). They seem very similar - brain damage or not. : :

I don't think that God speaks to me. That statement can be very deceiving.

Our Creator spoke to me many times before He had me start testifying to His knowledge where I learned that I was created as His Voice.

Now I speak or write every word He puts into my mind ( His mind where we all exist ).
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:13:12 PM
And it is this: What if Brad is right about everything He says?

Augie, I've already told Brad that though I'm an atheist, if I'm wrong I very much WANT him to be right. Under his theology I will be destroyed anyway (and atheists seldom get better than that in any theology, and often much worse), but I cannot imagine a funnier way to die than watching the expressions on the faces of everyone else of faith except him, and the couple of thousand people he may or may not have converted.

Beside, if Brad has any say in things, I think there's a good chance he'd take me along with him as an afterthought just to chat to, and that would be... even funnier.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 11:33:07 PM
At 8/17/2015 11:08:25 PM, mindtrainer wrote:
At 8/17/2015 11:02:42 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I am not aware that Brad has brain damage. He thinks God speaks to him, but so did Noah (assuming Noah existed). They seem very similar - brain damage or not. : :

I don't think that God speaks to me. That statement can be very deceiving.

Our Creator spoke to me many times before He had me start testifying to His knowledge where I learned that I was created as His Voice.

Now I speak or write every word He puts into my mind ( His mind where we all exist ).

I don't see how that is different than what I said. At any rate, our dear friend Mobutu should consider Noah before knocking you.

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 2:50:50 AM

God has always shown poor decision-making ability. He placed his own son in a backward, remote part of the Roman Empire where he did nothing for his first 30 odd years. Then he disowned his family, preached to a handful of people here and there, got himself into trouble with the Jewish authorities who then packed him off to be executed by their Roman overlords. Meanwhile his followers are still waiting for the Second Coming. What a plan that was!
mindtrainer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 4:46:37 AM
At 8/17/2015 11:13:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
And it is this: What if Brad is right about everything He says?

Augie, I've already told Brad that though I'm an atheist, if I'm wrong I very much WANT him to be right. Under his theology I will be destroyed anyway (and atheists seldom get better than that in any theology, and often much worse), but I cannot imagine a funnier way to die than watching the expressions on the faces of everyone else of faith except him, and the couple of thousand people he may or may not have converted.

Beside, if Brad has any say in things, I think there's a good chance he'd take me along with him as an afterthought just to chat to, and that would be... even funnier. : :

I don't ever think of you as an afterthought my friend or anyone else that God created. All God's people will lose their flesh in this world because it's of this world but God's created people who are totally invisible will awaken in new bodies in Paradise and experience life drastically different than the boring life that most people have been experiencing in this age. Can you imagine life more boring than a religious person who is afraid of the objects in this world instead of fearing our Creator who is the only one who can tell them about the exciting new life in Paradise?

We have an infinite life ahead of us and we'll experience life that is way beyond the best cinema or dreams you've ever had in this world. We will never experience decay, disease, destruction, religion, science, Jesus, Mohammad, Joseph Smiths, hate, sadness or loneliness ever again.

God will bless you forever.