Jump to topic:

My humble opinion of Livin the Way God wishes

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 8:51:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Me brother.........I just finished a post response to another member who was was asking if we should obey and only follow a certain Biblical teaching. He was asking about going with ONLY a Romans or a Matt scripture. I posted a response of my opinion and advising that I think Its dangerous to EVER go with only ONE person's opinion for Seeking God.
When I finished my quote, not to pat myself on the back too much, but thanks to God helping me I think it came out pretty darned good. I want to paste it and share it here.
Thank you, my friends. ANd as alsways, may God Bless you and Keep You.

If you meet the Buddha on the side of the Road, Kill HIm! LOL

Sorry, an old Buddhist philosophy that applies to your OP question, my brother. We should be careful about thinking we HAVE to blindly Follow ANY One person's idea;s or teachings. And, news flash, the Bible was written by only men, except for the quotes--some of them--attributed to Jesus the Christ. pursuing perfection is a fruitless endeavor. you'll never do that--be perfect. there was only One Man who was that and we know who He was! LOL. The original meaning of the word "sin" was "to miss the mark." we ALL sin! It IS a byproduct of Free Will, which God HAD to give us to make us fully human. God doesn't demand perfection. All He wants is for you to listen and try to follow the teachings of His Special Son whom He sent down here as a example! Do the best you can. Pray for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out. Admit it when you falter. Pray to God to help you do better. Remember JC's Greatest Commandment. never forget John 3:16. Do Good works.
Guess what? LOL...that's IT! All there is to it. Do those things and God will Meet yo and Help you with the Rest. God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
lemano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 9:21:33 PM
At 8/18/2015 8:51:37 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Me brother.........I just finished a post response to another member who was was asking if we should obey and only follow a certain Biblical teaching. He was asking about going with ONLY a Romans or a Matt scripture. I posted a response of my opinion and advising that I think Its dangerous to EVER go with only ONE person's opinion for Seeking God.
When I finished my quote, not to pat myself on the back too much, but thanks to God helping me I think it came out pretty darned good. I want to paste it and share it here.

Sorry, an old Buddhist philosophy that applies to your OP question, my brother. We should be careful about thinking we HAVE to blindly Follow ANY One person's idea;s or teachings. And, news flash, the Bible was written by only men, except for the quotes--some of them--attributed to Jesus the Christ. pursuing perfection is a fruitless endeavor. you'll never do that--be perfect. there was only One Man who was that and we know who He was! LOL. The original meaning of the word "sin" was "to miss the mark." we ALL sin! It IS a byproduct of Free Will, which God HAD to give us to make us fully human. God doesn't demand perfection. All He wants is for you to listen and try to follow the teachings of His Special Son whom He sent down here as a example! Do the best you can. Pray for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out. Admit it when you falter. Pray to God to help you do better. Remember JC's Greatest Commandment. never forget John 3:16. Do Good works.
Guess what? LOL...that's IT! All there is to it. Do those things and God will Meet yo and Help you with the Rest. God Bless.
: :

When God's saints testify for Him, it is not an opinion. It's words that God puts in our mind for us to speak or write. We trust every word as coming from the Truth.

The Beast influenced the writers and producers of the New Testament that was not written by us saints. Anyone believing all the religious dogma that was added to those written words will be deceived.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 9:55:46 PM
I think Its dangerous to EVER go with only ONE person's opinion for Seeking God.

God doesn't demand perfection. All He wants is for you to listen and try to follow the teachings of His Special Son whom He sent down here as a example!

Nice contradiction. LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 11:53:59 PM

Buddha had his detractors. But he lived through his enlightenment to talk about it.
But the odds were stacked against Jesus. Even when given a choice the Jews demanded Jesus be crucified and Barabbas set free instead. Even Pilate could not save Jesus.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 2:34:19 AM
At 8/18/2015 11:53:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Buddha had his detractors. But he lived through his enlightenment to talk about it.
But the odds were stacked against Jesus. Even when given a choice the Jews demanded Jesus be crucified and Barabbas set free instead. Even Pilate could not save Jesus.

All the famous men of God and the Sages and even Philosophers had their detractors. It goes with the Territory when living in this World. Jesus knew it; God for sure knew it, and you and I know it. And we even see it here on DDO. God Bless.
lemano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 2:49:24 AM
At 8/19/2015 2:34:19 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/18/2015 11:53:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:

All the famous men of God and the Sages and even Philosophers had their detractors. It goes with the Territory when living in this World. Jesus knew it; God for sure knew it, and you and I know it. And we even see it here on DDO. God Bless. : :

You have no idea what the real detractor is my friend. God's strong delusion can even fool us saints until we have the full knowledge of God. Now it's easy for me to see how deceived you are.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 3:04:08 AM

What are you actually referring to when you say "seeking God"?
What does "seeking God" mean to you in practical reality?
Does "Seek God" mean .... Look for an invisible supernatural character?
Are you looking for some invisible supernatural character or looking for something else?
What exactly are you looking or seeking to find ?

What exactly helped you? Your own mind and imagination? Your own ideas? Your own thoughts? OR.. was it some invisible person talking to your mind? Did you hear voices in your head?
How exactly did it ( the voice or the thought or whatever it was) help you ?

Sorry, an old Buddhist philosophy that applies to your OP question, my brother. We should be careful about thinking we HAVE to blindly Follow ANY One person's ideas or teachings.

Then why should anyone listen to yours?

And, news flash, the Bible was written by only men, except for the quotes--some of them--attributed to Jesus the Christ. pursuing perfection is a fruitless endeavor. you'll never do that--be perfect. there was only One Man who was that and we know who He was! LOL.

Why do you refuse to OBEY the One Man who commanded you to be perfect and claim you'll never do it? How can you claim to follow that One Man and not obey Him?
Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

He never said try to be perfect. He said be perfect.
If it is a fruitless endevour, why would the ONE MAN have set a Perfect example to follow?
Are you saying it is impossible to follow that example?

The original meaning of the word "sin" was "to miss the mark." we ALL sin!

You sure miss the mark when it comes to being perfect. You obviously don't even believe you can hit the mark if you try. You think its a fruitless endeavor.

It IS a byproduct of Free Will, which God HAD to give us to make us fully human. God doesn't demand perfection.

Then why did Jesus demand and command it? Did Jesus set a less than perfect example to follow?

All He wants is for you to listen and try to follow the teachings of His Special Son whom He sent down here as a example! Do the best you can.

Where did Jesus ever say do the best you can? What kind of wishy washy gospel is that? "Be ye perfect" does not mean do the best you can or try hard to attain an impossible goal.

Pray for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out. Admit it when you falter. Pray to God to help you do better.

No supernatural entities listen to humans. Very FEW humans even really listen to other humans.
When will you admit to yourself that ALL invisible supernatural gods are mythical?
How long will you falter in the self deception that one invisible supernatural entity gives a stuff about you ?

Remember JC's Greatest Commandment. never forget John 3:16. Do Good works.

"Love one another" does not mean try to get other people to believe in mythical characters and talk to invisible friends. It means help them stop doing childish things like that. Help them grow into maturity so they take responsibility for themselves and others and have a mature outlook on life.

Who or what will meet you and help you in reality? Where and when will the meeting take place?
lemano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 3:06:41 AM
At 8/19/2015 3:04:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Are you looking for some invisible supernatural character or looking for something else?

What exactly helped you? Your own mind and imagination? Your own ideas? Your own thoughts? OR.. was it some invisible person talking to your mind? Did you hear voices in your head?

Sorry, an old Buddhist philosophy that applies to your OP question, my brother. We should be careful about thinking we HAVE to blindly Follow ANY One person's ideas or teachings.

And, news flash, the Bible was written by only men, except for the quotes--some of them--attributed to Jesus the Christ. pursuing perfection is a fruitless endeavor. you'll never do that--be perfect. there was only One Man who was that and we know who He was! LOL.

Why do you refuse to OBEY the One Man who commanded you to be perfect and claim you'll never do it? How can you claim to follow that One Man and not obey Him?
Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If it is a fruitless endevour, why would the ONE MAN have set a Perfect example to follow?

You sure miss the mark when it comes to being perfect. You obviously don't even believe you can hit the mark if you try. You think its a fruitless endeavor.

It IS a byproduct of Free Will, which God HAD to give us to make us fully human. God doesn't demand perfection.

Then why did Jesus demand and command it? Did Jesus set a less than perfect example to follow?

All He wants is for you to listen and try to follow the teachings of His Special Son whom He sent down here as a example! Do the best you can.

Where did Jesus ever say do the best you can? What kind of wishy washy gospel is that? "Be ye perfect" does not mean do the best you can or try hard to attain an impossible goal.

Pray for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out. Admit it when you falter. Pray to God to help you do better.

No supernatural entities listen to humans. Very FEW humans even really listen to other humans.
When will you admit to yourself that ALL invisible supernatural gods are mythical?
How long will you falter in the self deception that one invisible supernatural entity gives a stuff about you ?

"Love one another" does not mean try to get other people to believe in mythical characters and talk to invisible friends. It means help them stop doing childish things like that. Help them grow into maturity so they take responsibility for themselves and others and have a mature outlook on life.

Who or what will meet you and help you in reality? Where and when will the meeting take place? : :

God is not someone you know, Skyangel. That is very obvious to any one who does know Him.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 3:10:27 AM
At 8/19/2015 3:06:41 AM, lemano wrote:

God is not someone you know, Skyangel. That is very obvious to any one who does know Him.

I know YOU and your thoughts well enough to quote them Brad.
You are like a broken record who wants to believe you are the only man on planet Earth who understands who or what God actually is.
You deceive yourself with your own delusional thoughts which lead you astray into your own fantasy land where you are the only saint alive.
lemano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 3:24:57 AM
At 8/19/2015 3:10:27 AM, Skyangel wrote:

You are like a broken record who wants to believe you are the only man on planet Earth who understands who or what God actually is.
You deceive yourself with your own delusional thoughts which lead you astray into your own fantasy land where you are the only saint alive. : :

If you listened to everything that was revealed to me by our Creator, you would have to quit posting in this forum and listen for many days. But since you're not chosen to listen to the Voice of our Creator, you can only believe your own interpretations of what you read in the books.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 3:46:30 AM
At 8/19/2015 3:24:57 AM, lemano wrote:

You deceive yourself with your own delusional thoughts which lead you astray into your own fantasy land where you are the only saint alive. : :

If you listened to everything that was revealed to me by our Creator, you would have to quit posting in this forum and listen for many days. But since you're not chosen to listen to the Voice of our Creator, you can only believe your own interpretations of what you read in the books.

The Creator of Life is LIFE itself Brad. It is not some invisible supernatural character who chose you to be his voice.

Maybe you should take your own advice Brad and quit posting in the forums. Just read and listen to me instead. It might help you to find inner peace and REALITY. You obviously don't have any. Your own mind seems to compel you to return to a place where you are obviously not wanted. Do you get a buzz from rejection?

You don't even pay any attention to the PRINCIPLE taught in the bible about shaking the dust off your feet when you are not welcomed in a city.

Matt 10: 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

The principle implies that you simply move on and don't bother going back to the places that don't welcome you.
Why do you keep coming back to a forum that obviously does not welcome you Brad?
Why not simply move on to another forum?
lemano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 4:03:21 AM
At 8/19/2015 3:46:30 AM, Skyangel wrote:

The Creator of Life is LIFE itself Brad. It is not some invisible supernatural character who chose you to be his voice.

Maybe you should take your own advice Brad and quit posting in the forums. Just read and listen to me instead. It might help you to find inner peace and REALITY. You obviously don't have any. Your own mind seems to compel you to return to a place where you are obviously not wanted. Do you get a buzz from rejection?

You don't even pay any attention to the PRINCIPLE taught in the bible about shaking the dust off your feet when you are not welcomed in a city.

Matt 10: 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

The principle implies that you simply move on and don't bother going back to the places that don't welcome you.
Why do you keep coming back to a forum that obviously does not welcome you Brad?
Why not simply move on to another forum? : :

I have met several believers in this forum since I've been banned as Bornofgod. They listen to the Voice of our Creator and believe the knowledge that is heard from that Voice.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 6:37:30 PM

Who or what will meet you and help you in reality? Where and when will the meeting take place?

well we can ALL "meet" God through prayer and meditation while we're here on Earth. I also used the term "H will Meet you" as in "meet you halfway" if you Seek Him. And some of of will meet Him on a closer level--like a Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind!--in the Afterlife. Not all, some.
here's your problem with God, Sky. You never experienced Him. Oh, you read a lot and think you know about him and the Bible and all those words and you might, who knows? but knowing ABOUT something is NOT the same as KNOWING THE THING? Like writing and reading about tasting honey vs. having a spoon of it on your tongue. Not nearly as Sweet is it? LOL. this is why you call God a myth. You've never felt or "tasted" the Sweetness of the Holy Spirit. Don't fret, you can still do this, even though your elderly. there's time. But you GOTTA shut down that ego of yours or it will act as a VEIL to block you from God. Shut it down. Close your mouth and open your eyes. Go ti Him humbly and honestly. Talk. Listen. Turn within. You can do this.
God Bless.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 6:49:49 PM
At 8/19/2015 6:37:30 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

well we can ALL "meet" God through prayer and meditation while we're here on Earth. I also used the term "H will Meet you" as in "meet you halfway" if you Seek Him. And some of of will meet Him on a closer level--like a Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind!--in the Afterlife. Not all, some.
here's your problem with God, Sky. You never experienced Him. Oh, you read a lot and think you know about him and the Bible and all those words and you might, who knows? but knowing ABOUT something is NOT the same as KNOWING THE THING? Like writing and reading about tasting honey vs. having a spoon of it on your tongue. Not nearly as Sweet is it? LOL. this is why you call God a myth. You've never felt or "tasted" the Sweetness of the Holy Spirit. Don't fret, you can still do this, even though your elderly. there's time. But you GOTTA shut down that ego of yours or it will act as a VEIL to block you from God. Shut it down. Close your mouth and open your eyes. Go ti Him humbly and honestly. Talk. Listen. Turn within. You can do this.
God Bless.

How do you explain why Jesus felt betrayed by God for putting his life in God's hands?

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 6:59:34 PM
At 8/19/2015 6:49:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:

God Bless.

How do you explain why Jesus felt betrayed by God for putting his life in God's hands?

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

yeah..which sort of hints to the fact that Jesus wasnt God, now, was He? As I've said in the past. Im not even sure Jesus really said this, the Jesus Seminar thought not as well. I contradicts His earlier claims that He knew all about what was gonna happen to HIm when He went to Jerusalem for Passover holiday. He knew about Judas betraying HIm, He knew about his followers leaving Him when He was arrested; He knew about Peter denying Him. So why would He have to ask God why He was Forsaken? besides---long sigh here--he WAS NOT Forsaken!! That means "forgotten." Or "written off." He was a teacher sent by God to Help us and show us what a Perfectly Moral and God-Loving, Brother-Loving Man would be like! (as you noticed I dont buy the whole "sacrifice" thing either. Makes no sense. JC was a Divinely Inspired teacher. Like the Buddha; Like the Lama; like Mohammed. once you know this you can move on past some of the mythos and dogma and dig deeper into His Word and then FEEL it and try to live it instead of being concerned with memorizing it or parroting it to impress folks.

God Bless.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 7:34:54 PM
At 8/19/2015 6:59:34 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

God Bless.

yeah..which sort of hints to the fact that Jesus wasnt God, now, was He? As I've said in the past. Im not even sure Jesus really said this, the Jesus Seminar thought not as well. I contradicts His earlier claims that He knew all about what was gonna happen to HIm when He went to Jerusalem for Passover holiday. He knew about Judas betraying HIm, He knew about his followers leaving Him when He was arrested; He knew about Peter denying Him. So why would He have to ask God why He was Forsaken? besides---long sigh here--he WAS NOT Forsaken!! That means "forgotten." Or "written off." He was a teacher sent by God to Help us and show us what a Perfectly Moral and God-Loving, Brother-Loving Man would be like! (as you noticed I dont buy the whole "sacrifice" thing either. Makes no sense. JC was a Divinely Inspired teacher. Like the Buddha; Like the Lama; like Mohammed. once you know this you can move on past some of the mythos and dogma and dig deeper into His Word and then FEEL it and try to live it instead of being concerned with memorizing it or parroting it to impress folks.

God Bless.
Jesus spoke those words, it is in all the bibles. You cannot pick and choose what Jesus said when it is recorded in all the bibles.

The reason Jesus felt betrayed and forsaken by God on the cross was because the same prophesies that he believed pointed to him as the suffering Messiah also promised God would rescue him. He would then retire and raise children. But the excruciating pain snapped him out of his delusion.

Here is what Jesus was expecting:

Psalm 91:14 "Because he[b] loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

Isaiah 53:10 But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD's good plan will prosper in his hands.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 8:27:42 PM
At 8/19/2015 7:34:54 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Me brother.........I just finished a post response to another member who was was asking if we should obey and only follow a certain Biblical teaching. He was asking about going with ONLY a Romans or a Matt scripture. I posted a response o

God Bless.

God Bless.
Jesus spoke those words, it is in all the bibles. You cannot pick and choose what Jesus said when it is recorded in all the bibles.

The reason Jesus felt betrayed and forsaken by God on the cross was because the same prophesies that he believed pointed to him as the suffering Messiah also promised God would rescue him. He would then retire and raise children. But the excruciating pain snapped him out of his delusion.

Isaiah 53:10 But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many

well your obviously a biblical literalist and Im not so we can argue till the proverbial cows come home. most biblical scholars inlcuding me--also Orthodox Jews who freakin WROTE the Hebrew Bible and Isiah agree that Second Isiah which you quote from AND the famous Suffering Servant passages were about the nation of Israel.NOT Jesus.

http://outreachjudaism.org...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 8:35:49 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how many people who, like Charles Dickens' Uriah Heep, feel the need to assure us that they are humble, because inside they know they are not.

There is only one way to live the way God wishes, and James tells us exactly what Jehovah sees as true worship, the worship of which he approves, when he says:

James 1:27 ASV(i) 27 Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Why?

Simple, if done in the right way, and with the right motivation it serves the two greatest commandments ever.

"You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being"

and

"You must love your fellow man as yourself".

You cannot really do one without the other, but if you strive to fulfil both you are striving towards True Worship. Towards everything that Jehovah requires of us.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 8:38:42 PM
At 8/19/2015 8:35:49 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people who, like Charles Dickens' Uriah Heep, feel the need to assure us that they are humble, because inside they know they are not.

There is only one way to live the way God wishes, and James tells us exactly what Jehovah sees as true worship, the worship of which he approves, when he says:

James 1:27 ASV(i) 27 Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Why?

Simple, if done in the right way, and with the right motivation it serves the two greatest commandments ever.

"You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being"

and

You cannot really do one without the other, but if you strive to fulfil both you are striving towards True Worship. Towards everything that Jehovah requires of us.

I LOVE the Book of James and read it more than any other Letter from the NT. But remember James' main deal was Good Works. Not Worship. What do you do in the way of Works, my friend? besides post here which I know you consider to be doing that, but come on---I think we both know better than that.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:19:01 PM
At 8/19/2015 8:27:42 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Me brother.........I just finished a post response to another member who was was asking if we should obey and only follow a certain Biblical teaching. He was asking about going with ONLY a Romans or a Matt scripture. I posted a response o

God Bless.

God Bless.

Isaiah 53:10 But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many

well your obviously a biblical literalist and Im not so we can argue till the proverbial cows come home. most biblical scholars inlcuding me--also Orthodox Jews who freakin WROTE the Hebrew Bible and Isiah agree that Second Isiah which you quote from AND the famous Suffering Servant passages were about the nation of Israel.NOT Jesus.

The Jews were never good at interpreting prophesies. That is why the bible is full of instances of God punishing the Jews after the fact. The Jews refused to listen to the forewarnings or repenting to avoid the disasters. There are Rabbis on both sides of every interpretation. What is important is what Jesus believed because that launched a new religion. And Jesus quoted the prophets including Isaiah claiming he was the fulfilment of Isaiah as well as warning his disciples about his prophesied death.
Jews accuse Jesus and Christians of misquoting Isaiah. Just as much as Christians accuse the Jews of rejecting their Messiah Jesus. That is why neutral scriptural scholars are best qualified to read esoteric scriptures.
I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition, I am trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures and have studied Christian Theology with an emphasis on textual Christian criticism and Islamic fundamentalism. They don't come any better.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:33:04 PM
At 8/19/2015 8:38:42 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Why?

and

I LOVE the Book of James and read it more than any other Letter from the NT. But remember James' main deal was Good Works. Not Worship. What do you do in the way of Works, my friend? besides post here which I know you consider to be doing that, but come on---I think we both know better than that.

James big deal was that good works were worship, simple as.

Yes, I agree, the letter of James is very good, and in effect it is a sort of precis of what worshipping Jehovah and following Christ is all about.

The only one to put it in fewer words was Christ, when the Pharisee asked him which was the most important command in the Law, and Jesus quoted two. His reply was simple, and all embracing, and it was:

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being.

and

You must love your neighbour as yourself.

Notice neither command says anything about worship.

Why?

Because they are worship. Plain and simple.

One of the things that the law was intended to teach Israel was that for all the sacrifices, ceremonies and adherence to a set of laws, man could not make himself holy.

Did God teach Adam any rituals?

No.

All he asked Adam to do was to care for the whole of creation.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:33:19 PM

Why?

and

Wow..Jews not good at interpeting prophecies?? LOL. listen up: even though the Gospel of Mark was the earliest written they bible compilers put MATT first ( a JEW!!) because He mentioned so mane of the OT prophecies that foretold of JC!!!) You REALLY need to read more, brother!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:39:05 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:19:01 PM, Harikrish wrote:

God Bless.

God Bless.

The Jews were never good at interpreting prophesies. That is why the bible is full of instances of God punishing the Jews after the fact. The Jews refused to listen to the forewarnings or repenting to avoid the disasters. There are Rabbis on both sides of every interpretation. What is important is what Jesus believed because that launched a new religion. And Jesus quoted the prophets including Isaiah claiming he was the fulfilment of Isaiah as well as warning his disciples about his prophesied death.
Jews accuse Jesus and Christians of misquoting Isaiah. Just as much as Christians accuse the Jews of rejecting their Messiah Jesus. That is why neutral scriptural scholars are best qualified to read esoteric scriptures.
I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition, I am trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures and have studied Christian Theology with an emphasis on textual Christian criticism and Islamic fundamentalism. They don't come any better.

as I say........http://www.gotquestions.org...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:47:15 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:33:19 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Why?

and

Wow..Jews not good at interpeting prophecies?? LOL. listen up: even though the Gospel of Mark was the earliest written they bible compilers put MATT first ( a JEW!!) because He mentioned so mane of the OT prophecies that foretold of JC!!!) You REALLY need to read more, brother!

You are responding to the wrong post. I said in post # 20 the Jews were not good at interpreting prophesies. You are responding to MCB's post who did not even touch on that subject. Get a reading lamp. The light shining through your curtains is misdirecting you.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 10:00:16 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:39:05 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

God Bless.

God Bless.

You just wrote:"the famous Suffering Servant passages were about the nation of Israel.NOT Jesus."
But Jesus and his disciples quoted Isaiah was pointing to Jesus as the suffering servant which was not the understanding of the OT Rabbis.
This just proves the Jews were not good at interpreting prophesies. The disciples, Jesus were Jews just as much as the religious leaders who opposed their interpretation of prophesies. The Christians haven't done much better. They have not raised a prophet in 2000 years.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 1:46:46 AM
At 8/19/2015 10:00:16 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Me brother.........I just finished a post response to another member who was was asking if we should obey and only follow a certain Biblical teaching. He was asking abentity gives a stuff about you ?

God Bless.

God Bless.

You just wrote:"the famous Suffering Servant passages were about the nation of Israel.NOT Jesus."
But Jesus and his disciples quoted Isaiah was pointing to Jesus as the suffering servant which was not the understanding of the OT Rabbis.
This just proves the Jews were not good at interpreting prophesies. The disciples, Jesus were Jews just as much as the religious leaders who opposed their interpretation of prophesies. The Christians haven't done much better.

Harkish.....I think it would be helpful for you to look something up. really, Im serious, Im not trying to act like a smart-asss or anything. sincerely, you'll find it interesting. check out an old literary style that the Jews who wrote a lot of the Bible called "Midrash." it explains how the NT Gospel writers like Matt deliberately tried to find old sayings to fit the message they wanted to relate! not that tjhey always felt the old writings WERE prophetic, but it was a sort of vehicle to fit the pieces of their narratives together. this will show you how a lot of the things written about JC did not happen but were snipped from the Torah and the Psalms. the pieces of eight silver; pierced for transgressions, suffering servant, Judas, JC being born in Bethlehem (He was not) all this was fabricated to make him fit into the OT scroll writings when tye decided to make Him a God and the Messiah. really, "Midrash" please take about 15 mins. to just research it. it will expand your biblical comprehension by double fold at least! GodBless.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:13:44 AM
God Bless.

You certainly have redefined the words, humble and honesty, to mean the exact opposite.

You claim to have special knowledge of God, and like a little puppy with a puddle of pee, you wipe Sky's nose in it. Most reprehensible and childish behavior.

Sorry, but if your God existed, we would all know it. You don't have any special knowledge over and above anyone else. What you probably have is indistinguishable from a delusion or mental issue.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:04:14 AM
At 8/20/2015 2:13:44 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
God Bless.

You certainly have redefined the words, humble and honesty, to mean the exact opposite.

You claim to have special knowledge of God, and like a little puppy with a puddle of pee, you wipe Sky's nose in it. Most reprehensible and childish behavior.

Sorry, but if your God existed, we would all know it. You don't have any special knowledge over and above anyone else. What you probably have is indistinguishable from a delusion or mental issue.

You should gather from his post# 6 that he is attacking the New Testaments interpretation of the Old Testament, charging it for its extremely liberal application of midrashic techniques. The stories in the NT derive meaning which go beyond what the authors of the OT intended to communicate. In short the context in which the stories that are narrated in the NT are based on or borrowed from the OT contains a liberal interpretation that may not be historically correct. That is ABR's way of discrediting the Gospel writers,

Whatever his criticism, it does little to confirm the veracity of the OT which is itself seeped in fables and are gradually being demolished by archeology.

I don't know what his purpose here is by being a cheerleader for God at the same time holding a totally literary view of the bible along Jewish methods of exegesis/interpretation. But if the increase in Orthodox Jews in Israel are any indications. It is just another way to reclaim the bible from Christianity and bury Jesus in Rabbinical midrashic discourses to nullify the New Testament.
Call it his mark of the beast, sick!, sick!, sick!.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:25:03 AM
At 8/20/2015 1:46:46 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/19/2015 10:00:16 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Me brother.........I just finished a post response to another member who was was asking if we should obey and only follow a certain Biblical teaching. He was asking abentity gives a stuff about you ?

God Bless.

This just proves the Jews were not good at interpreting prophesies. The disciples, Jesus were Jews just as much as the religious leaders who opposed their interpretation of prophesies. The Christians haven't done much better.

Harkish.....I think it would be helpful for you to look something up. really, Im serious, Im not trying to act like a smart-asss or anything. sincerely, you'll find it interesting. check out an old literary style that the Jews who wrote a lot of the Bible called "Midrash." it explains how the NT Gospel writers like Matt deliberately tried to find old sayings to fit the message they wanted to relate! not that tjhey always felt the old writings WERE prophetic, but it was a sort of vehicle to fit the pieces of their narratives together. this will show you how a lot of the things written about JC did not happen but were snipped from the Torah and the Psalms. the pieces of eight silver; pierced for transgressions, suffering servant, Judas, JC being born in Bethlehem (He was not) all this was fabricated to make him fit into the OT scroll writings when tye decided to make Him a God and the Messiah. really, "Midrash" please take about 15 mins. to just research it. it will expand your biblical comprehension by double fold at least! GodBless.

I apply textual Christian criticism reading the scriptures which covers writing styles, context and authorships. I don't find Midrashic techniques helpful because it is a Rabbinical approach and biased at best. It also defeats the purpose when the OT serves as a basis for interpretation which is itself a compilation of circulating myths and nationalism.
I do take a scholarly interest in the historicity of the characters and events in the bible. But do I want to end up with a Jewish worldview of scriptures and drown in Rabbinical dogma,? I think not. Target practice is as far as I am willing to take my spiritual pastime.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:19:11 PM
At 8/19/2015 4:03:21 AM, lemano wrote:
At 8/19/2015 3:46:30 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Why not simply move on to another forum? : :

I have met several believers in this forum since I've been banned as Bornofgod. They listen to the Voice of our Creator and believe the knowledge that is heard from that Voice.

You don't even know when people are pulling your leg.
Many people humor you Brad and you want to believe they actually take you seriously. Your own delusions lead you astray.