Jump to topic:

Convert me.

Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 6:21:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Convert me to your religion thorough group PM. I need like 5 volunteers please. If your wondering why PM well its because I dislike flame bait forums and messy debates.

So if your interested this will last 5 days to a week depending on my decision.

Rules:
If you want to sign up you need to have been in DDO for more than a month, have won a debate, have strong beliefs and be polite and knowledgeable.

People I need.
1. I need a Catholic Christian who strongly believes in their faith and is a good debater
2. I'll need a Christian Protestant to see both sides but they need to be smart so no Jehovah's Witness or BoG.
3. I need a Muslim amy type that is knowledgeable on the Christian faith.
4. I need a strong atheist who can help think and rebut any arguments from the Christians or Muslims.
5. I'll need a person from any other religion that is smart.

Any questions will be answered ether in this forum or in the group PM. I'm an agnostic btw.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 6:49:05 AM
At 8/20/2015 6:21:43 AM, Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2 wrote:
Convert me to your religion thorough group PM. I need like 5 volunteers please. If your wondering why PM well its because I dislike flame bait forums and messy debates.

Rules:
If you want to sign up you need to have been in DDO for more than a month, have won a debate, have strong beliefs and be polite and knowledgeable.

People I need.
1. I need a Catholic Christian who strongly believes in their faith and is a good debater
2. I'll need a Christian Protestant to see both sides but they need to be smart so no Jehovah's Witness or BoG.
4. I need a strong atheist who can help think and rebut any arguments from the Christians or Muslims.

Any questions will be answered ether in this forum or in the group PM. I'm an agnostic btw.

- This sounds quite interesting, truly most unusual request! Sign me up. :)

3. Yassine.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 7:35:46 AM

Rules:

People I need.

To be honest I don't think that you're going to get anything out of this. It seems to be a weak way to determine if you have an immortal souls and if so what is its nature with respect to God.

I'm ridiculously busy at work right now (it is after midnight and I'm still at work). However, if no other Catholic steps forward, I will try to help you understand Catholicism.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 7:46:14 AM
At 8/20/2015 7:35:46 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

To be honest I don't think that you're going to get anything out of this. It seems to be a weak way to determine if you have an immortal souls and if so what is its nature with respect to God.

I'm ridiculously busy at work right now (it is after midnight and I'm still at work). However, if no other Catholic steps forward, I will try to help you understand Catholicism.

It will give me knowledge and understanding and maybe some happiness.

Okay I'll tell you if no Catholics accept.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:03:46 AM

Rules:

People I need.

Can I be part of the PM?? I don't want to take the Protestants place but I wanna see how it goes. I promise I won't post unless asked to.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:18:56 AM
At 8/20/2015 9:03:46 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

Can I be part of the PM?? I don't want to take the Protestants place but I wanna see how it goes. I promise I won't post unless asked to.

I'm okay with it as long as you don't troll and are smart, though I or you better ask the other members of the PM after they sign up. Also Welcome Back! I don't really know you but I read a debate of yours.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 11:22:57 AM
At 8/20/2015 9:18:56 AM, Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2 wrote:
At 8/20/2015 9:03:46 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

I'm okay with it as long as you don't troll and are smart, though I or you better ask the other members of the PM after they sign up. Also Welcome Back! I don't really know you but I read a debate of yours.

Ty.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 12:20:19 PM

Rules:

People I need.

I grew up in an atheistic household and for the first 18 years of my life, I was an atheist. This is to say, I believe I could qualify for 4. There is one significant issue with atheism, with which the only way for an atheist to be an atheist is to either not realize it is there or to ignore it. The issue was too big for me to ignore. I am not sure which faith or denomination I would fall into if someone were to label my beliefs. Do you believe this would qualify me for 5 or are you looking for a faith outside of the three you have listed (like Hindu)?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 12:26:09 PM
At 8/20/2015 12:20:19 PM, Sarra wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

I grew up in an atheistic household and for the first 18 years of my life, I was an atheist. This is to say, I believe I could qualify for 4. There is one significant issue with atheism, with which the only way for an atheist to be an atheist is to either not realize it is there or to ignore it. The issue was too big for me to ignore. I am not sure which faith or denomination I would fall into if someone were to label my beliefs. Do you believe this would qualify me for 5 or are you looking for a faith outside of the three you have listed (like Hindu)?

I am looking for religions outside of Christianity or Islam like Buddhism, Hinduism or whatever religion a Jewish person is in.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 1:44:52 PM

Rules:

People I need.

Although I do not prescribe to religious sects and purposefully never have become a "member" of any religious establishment (which does not mean I reject fellowship) I would probably fall into this category if any. So my position would primarily apply to what I call spiritual Christianity, meaning purely based on spirituality as in what Jesus taught and the epistles support and not religious sects or religious dogma.
Having said that I need some more info about the format.
Are you going to instigate the discussion and the topics or do we just go at it lol?

Also I noticed you get kicks out of watching theists quibble and babble over your topics, in other words this is entertainment for you, and I would rather not be apart of games, I'm more into honesty and being real, could you tell us what your intentions are here in the long run?

Brendan_Liam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:02:17 PM
At 8/20/2015 12:26:09 PM, Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2 wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

I am looking for religions outside of Christianity or Islam like Buddhism, Hinduism or whatever religion a Jewish person is in.

I can fill either 4 or 5. I'm a Nichiren Buddhist of 25 years, and a gnostic atheist (pretty rare). I can debate both sides of any theist/atheist argument.
Brendan_Liam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:03:31 PM
At 8/20/2015 1:44:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

Although I do not prescribe to religious sects and purposefully never have become a "member" of any religious establishment (which does not mean I reject fellowship) I would probably fall into this category if any. So my position would primarily apply to what I call spiritual Christianity, meaning purely based on spirituality as in what Jesus taught and the epistles support and not religious sects or religious dogma.
Are you going to instigate the discussion and the topics or do we just go at it lol?

Also I noticed you get kicks out of watching theists quibble and babble over your topics, in other words this is entertainment for you, and I would rather not be apart of games, I'm more into honesty and being real, could you tell us what your intentions are here in the long run?

MOST atheists and MOST theists are also agnostic.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:20:35 PM

Rules:

People I need.

A little bit of assessing, asking, answering, rebutting and deciding but the format might change.
It is true that I get a laugh or two when I see theistic people quibble but my goal is actually to have a greater understanding of religious cause I was up one night and for the first time in my life I was scared of death and my past so I assure you that this is for real.

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:22:40 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:02:17 PM, Brendan_Liam wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

I can fill either 4 or 5. I'm a Nichiren Buddhist of 25 years, and a gnostic atheist (pretty rare). I can debate both sides of any theist/atheist argument.

Cool. I always wondered what Buddhist's beliefs. I think you get slot 5. That is if you want.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:25:56 PM

I would like to isolate this sentence because it really displays your ignorance. If you are genuinely trying to say that all JWs are unintelligent, then you are making a generalization that does not hold up to facts. I would have been more than willing to fill the number 2 spot, but you obviously have preconceived ideas and therefore do not really want to learn anything. I hope you find someone gullible enough to accept this position.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:26:24 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:03:31 PM, Brendan_Liam wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

You do know agnostic means a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God, right?
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:28:31 PM

Rules:

People I need.

I'm always in for 4.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Brendan_Liam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:38:40 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:26:24 PM, Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2 wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

You do know agnostic means a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God, right?

That's incorrect. Atheism and theism deal with faith/belief.
Agnosticism/gnosticism deal with knowledge.

totally different issues.
Therefore, you have agnostic theist, gnostic theist, agnostic atheist, gnostic atheist. 4 quadrants, not one line. Different subject matter, both pertain to the issue of God/s, but that's all they have in common.
Brendan_Liam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:40:06 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:22:40 PM, Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2 wrote:
At 8/20/2015 2:02:17 PM, Brendan_Liam wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

Cool. I always wondered what Buddhist's beliefs. I think you get slot 5. That is if you want.

Pleased to take slot 5, thank you for having me :)
Brendan_Liam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:41:30 PM

Rules:

People I need.

It doesn't let me post pictures, but this link shows a diagram to explain the situation. http://actok.org...
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:42:44 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:25:56 PM, tstor wrote:

I would like to isolate this sentence because it really displays your ignorance. If you are genuinely trying to say that all JWs are unintelligent, then you are making a generalization that does not hold up to facts. I would have been more than willing to fill the number 2 spot, but you obviously have preconceived ideas and therefore do not really want to learn anything. I hope you find someone gullible enough to accept this position.

Well then I'm sorry for offending you but every JW I have ever saw are unintelligent and they have a bad reputation and I made this forum to gain knowledge cause I am ignorant towards any\all religions. Good day.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:44:50 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:25:56 PM, tstor wrote:

lol
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:47:14 PM

Rules:

Dang, I've been here for four years and done over 400 debates. I guess I don't qualify.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:47:57 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:41:30 PM, Brendan_Liam wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

It doesn't let me post pictures, but this link shows a diagram to explain the situation. http://actok.org...

Like I said I am quite ignorant in a topic like this and I assumed that agnostic had only one definition but thanks for mentioning the second definition.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:49:16 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:47:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Rules:

Dang, I've been here for four years and done over 400 debates. I guess I don't qualify.

Why not?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:57:18 PM
At 8/20/2015 6:49:05 AM, Yassine wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

- This sounds quite interesting, truly most unusual request! Sign me up. :)

3. Yassine.
4. Fkkize
5. Brendan_Liam

Thanks to everyone who asked questions and signed up.

Due to timezone differences I will have to go to bed and probably won't be able to answer anymore questions but I will answer them tomorrow.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:57:20 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:49:16 PM, Amore-mystery-et-Verite-2 wrote:

Rules:

Why not?

That was sarcasm. Just wanted to lighten the mood.

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:58:40 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:57:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Rules:

Why not?

That was sarcasm. Just wanted to lighten the mood.

I thought I made a grammatical or spelling error. :)
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 3:02:50 PM

Rules:

Why not?

He's showing off his credentials in hopes that you'll offer him a spot on your own.

Anyways, I am interested in joining, but the only position I could fulfill is 5, which seems to have already been taken. Your call.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 3:08:21 PM
At 8/20/2015 3:02:50 PM, Romanii wrote:

Rules:

Why not?

He's showing off his credentials in hopes that you'll offer him a spot on your own.

Anyways, I am interested in joining, but the only position I could fulfill is 5, which seems to have already been taken. Your call.

Lol. No. He has already PM'd me about the topic.
Well I think one atheist is enough for my PM and Fkkize took the spot though it's to bad cause you are an awesome debater.