Jump to topic:

I want people's views about their religion

Greg4586
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 3:28:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This can be seen here: http://www.debate.org... .
So this is not my idea but I wanted to get some people's perspective on religion.

Convert me to your religion thorough group PM. I need like 5 volunteers please. If your wondering why PM well its because I dislike flame bait forums and messy debates.

So if your interested this will last 5 days to a week depending on my decision.

Rules:
If you want to sign up you need to have been in DDO for more than a month, have won a debate, have strong beliefs and be polite and knowledgeable.

People I need.
1. I need a Catholic Christian who strongly believes in their faith and is a good debater
2. I'll need a Christian Protestant to see both sides but they need to be smart so no Jehovah's Witness or BoG.
3. I need a Muslim amy type that is knowledgeable on the Christian faith.
4. I need a strong atheist who can help think and rebut any arguments from the Christians or Muslims.
5. I'll need a person from any other religion that is smart.

Any questions will be answered ether in this forum or in the group PM. I'm an agnostic btw.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:01:15 PM
At 8/20/2015 3:28:35 PM, Greg4586 wrote:
I will post the same thing I posted on the other thread. I am hoping that you merely copied the original text without actually considering the terms fully.

2. I'll need a Christian Protestant to see both sides but they need to be smart so no Jehovah's Witness or BoG.
I would like to isolate this sentence because it really displays your ignorance. If you are genuinely trying to say that all JWs are unintelligent, then you are making a generalization that does not hold up to facts. I would have been more than willing to fill the number 2 spot, but you obviously have preconceived ideas and therefore do not really want to learn anything. I hope you find someone gullible enough to accept this position.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:04:16 PM
At 8/20/2015 5:01:15 PM, tstor wrote:
I will post the same thing I posted on the other thread. I am hoping that you merely copied the original text without actually considering the terms fully.

I would like to isolate this sentence because it really displays your ignorance. If you are genuinely trying to say that all JWs are unintelligent, then you are making a generalization that does not hold up to facts. I would have been more than willing to fill the number 2 spot, but you obviously have preconceived ideas and therefore do not really want to learn anything. I hope you find someone gullible enough to accept this position.

He is probably passing judgment based upon the posts on here by MadCornishBiker and kjw.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:06:29 PM
At 8/20/2015 5:04:16 PM, annanicole wrote:

He is probably passing judgment based upon the posts on here by MadCornishBiker and kjw.
That would be fine, but then why generalize JWs? Just exclude MadCornishBiker and kjw rather than all JWs.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Greg4586
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:11:06 PM
At 8/20/2015 5:01:15 PM, tstor wrote:

Yeah I copy and pasted it. I read most of it and it seemed reasonable, but I missed that part. I have nothing against JV or BoGs and if you still wish to take the position that would be fine.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:13:13 PM
At 8/20/2015 5:11:06 PM, Greg4586 wrote:

Yeah I copy and pasted it. I read most of it and it seemed reasonable, but I missed that part. I have nothing against JV or BoGs and if you still wish to take the position that would be fine.
Sure, I will accept. Thank you for clarifying the terms.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:29:58 PM
So this is not my idea but I wanted to get some people's perspective on religion.

Convert me to your religion thorough group PM. I need like 5 volunteers please. If your wondering why PM well its because I dislike flame bait forums and messy debates.

Rules:
If you want to sign up you need to have been in DDO for more than a month, have won a debate, have strong beliefs and be polite and knowledgeable.

People I need.
1. I need a Catholic Christian who strongly believes in their faith and is a good debater
4. I need a strong atheist who can help think and rebut any arguments from the Christians or Muslims.

Any questions will be answered ether in this forum or in the group PM. I'm an agnostic btw.

The fact that these are showing up, shows that there are certain members that are destroying the forums and that to have reasonable discussion, we need to isolate discussions from view. Really quite a sad commentary on what the forum has become...
Greg4586
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:38:34 PM
At 8/20/2015 5:29:58 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

The fact that these are showing up, shows that there are certain members that are destroying the forums and that to have reasonable discussion, we need to isolate discussions from view. Really quite a sad commentary on what the forum has become...

I'm kinda confused about what your problem with my post is. I'm just trying to see different people from different cultures point of view. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 5:45:18 PM
At 8/20/2015 5:38:34 PM, Greg4586 wrote:
At 8/20/2015 5:29:58 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Rules:

People I need.

I'm kinda confused about what your problem with my post is. I'm just trying to see different people from different cultures point of view. I don't see anything wrong with that.

My apologies. I'm not disparaging your post in any way. I'm commenting on the sad fact that to get a clean discussion on this board you have to segregate people away from the main board.

Like the other post, if no other Catholic steps forward, I will gladly fill that spot for you.