Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Anniversery Gift From God!

August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

God Bless you all!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:10:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh I typed that too fast in my zeal! LOL. I forgot a very important part: after the pages stopped like they were glued at my Verse. The Sun came out from behind a cloud. Just one little rayand it was on my and the Bible page 711. Then when I closed the Book and headed to my truck it clouded over again. This also was part of my Salvation Experience when the Light from the Burning Curtain in my Room sanked over, like a penlight trail to the Bible page laid open on my bed to the Matthew tracts of the torn curtain in the Temple. I needed to add that part--its why I began the Post above by mentioning the cloudy day. this was as awesome to me, the sunlight beam, as the pages stopping!!!

God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:19:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:10:54 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Thank you for sharing the story. Continue to search and ask for guidance from God, He will show you the way.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:25:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:19:02 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:10:54 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
Thank you for sharing the story. Continue to search and ask for guidance from God, He will show you the way.

Thanks Tstor! I know I can always count on you for positive and kind posts and responses. God Bless you as well. It seems to me like God is showing you the Way as well.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
drpiek
Posts: 589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:26:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

God Bless you all!

I believe you and I have had similar experiences, God letting you know you are on the right path for yourself. I doubt my path will ever be christian or of any religion. So far God has shown me that there is not and should not be any person, church, book, or anything else between me and my relationship with God. That said, your path may be very different.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:27:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:25:52 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Thanks Tstor! I know I can always count on you for positive and kind posts and responses. God Bless you as well. It seems to me like God is showing you the Way as well.
No problem. And yes, I receive guidance and strength through our Heavenly Father. God will always show the way to those who are willing to listen.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:37:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

Yes ABR, God has the time and inclination to glue together a couple of pages in your Bible to give you a thrill, but he has no desire to rid the world of malaria or alleviate the suffering of the poor and downtrodden. That makes perfect sense. Not. Get over yourself. You are so self-obsessed that you think everything is about you. You see signs everywhere no matter how trivial. In all probability you are fabricating most of it. Another liar for Jesus is my suspicion.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:47:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:37:16 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

Yes ABR, God has the time and inclination to glue together a couple of pages in your Bible to give you a thrill, but he has no desire to rid the world of malaria or alleviate the suffering of the poor and downtrodden. That makes perfect sense. Not. Get over yourself. You are so self-obsessed that you think everything is about you. You see signs everywhere no matter how trivial. In all probability you are fabricating most of it. Another liar for Jesus is my suspicion.

sorry you feel that way, DM. But I DONT think its all about me. I'm a little man in the Grand Scheme, But one who for whatever reason God has bestowed Grace on. there are many many others as well. Im but one. As far as the suffering of the World, I too often wished God would do more, but since he has decided to let Creation unfold by natural means and Given us Free will there will be pain and suffering. He DOES give us the means to eradicate malaria..the fine minds who have the vaccines and the medicines. If people followed these offerings much of it would be gone. God works through people!! And these people can ease suffering. Africa for example has been offered malarial cures by UN workers. I can only relate here what I experience. Like today. I cannot know the reasons. I am getting better ideas as I improve my relationship with God, but I never claim to know His Plan. I only offer humble opinions. ANd I dont feel I am special but only one small part of His Followers. I am privelaged and honored--and amazed at ths. So forgive me if I seem over-zealous sometimes. Its out of awe and not ego. God bless you.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:51:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:26:47 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

God Bless you all!

I believe you and I have had similar experiences, God letting you know you are on the right path for yourself. I doubt my path will ever be christian or of any religion. So far God has shown me that there is not and should not be any person, church, book, or anything else between me and my relationship with God. That said, your path may be very different.

Yes! God is Fine with you choosing your own Path as I said in my post about His ominscience!!! I dont think one has to be Christian to be Chosen by God. But you DO have to embrace the Holy Spirit, or whatever you want to call it when God taps you on the shoulder. LOL. Today we have atheists out there who will Meet God and Christians who will not. This is part of His Selective Grace. You seem to have been selected, so the rest, as Rabbi Hillel says, is just commentary!.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:47:27 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:37:16 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

Yes ABR, God has the time and inclination to glue together a couple of pages in your Bible to give you a thrill, but he has no desire to rid the world of malaria or alleviate the suffering of the poor and downtrodden. That makes perfect sense. Not. Get over yourself. You are so self-obsessed that you think everything is about you. You see signs everywhere no matter how trivial. In all probability you are fabricating most of it. Another liar for Jesus is my suspicion.

sorry you feel that way, DM. But I DONT think its all about me. I'm a little man in the Grand Scheme, But one who for whatever reason God has bestowed Grace on. there are many many others as well. Im but one. As far as the suffering of the World, I too often wished God would do more, but since he has decided to let Creation unfold by natural means and Given us Free will there will be pain and suffering. He DOES give us the means to eradicate malaria..the fine minds who have the vaccines and the medicines. If people followed these offerings much of it would be gone. God works through people!! And these people can ease suffering. Africa for example has been offered malarial cures by UN workers. I can only relate here what I experience. Like today. I cannot know the reasons. I am getting better ideas as I improve my relationship with God, but I never claim to know His Plan. I only offer humble opinions. ANd I dont feel I am special but only one small part of His Followers. I am privelaged and honored--and amazed at ths. So forgive me if I seem over-zealous sometimes. Its out of awe and not ego.

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:08:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM, dee-em wrote:

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).
I take it that you go to parks to scout out the talent? Sorry to inform you, but not everyone does that.
"If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." [NIV] (Matthew 5:29)

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.
If you do not believe the story, then just move on and bite your tongue.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:12:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:47:27 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:37:16 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

Yes ABR, God has the time and inclination to glue together a couple of pages in your Bible to give you a thrill, but he has no desire to rid the world of malaria or alleviate the suffering of the poor and downtrodden. That makes perfect sense. Not. Get over yourself. You are so self-obsessed that you think everything is about you. You see signs everywhere no matter how trivial. In all probability you are fabricating most of it. Another liar for Jesus is my suspicion.

sorry you feel that way, DM. But I DONT think its all about me. I'm a little man in the Grand Scheme, But one who for whatever reason God has bestowed Grace on. there are many many others as well. Im but one. As far as the suffering of the World, I too often wished God would do more, but since he has decided to let Creation unfold by natural means and Given us Free will there will be pain and suffering. He DOES give us the means to eradicate malaria..the fine minds who have the vaccines and the medicines. If people followed these offerings much of it would be gone. God works through people!! And these people can ease suffering. Africa for example has been offered malarial cures by UN workers. I can only relate here what I experience. Like today. I cannot know the reasons. I am getting better ideas as I improve my relationship with God, but I never claim to know His Plan. I only offer humble opinions. ANd I dont feel I am special but only one small part of His Followers. I am privelaged and honored--and amazed at ths. So forgive me if I seem over-zealous sometimes. Its out of awe and not ego.

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.

call what you want, my friend. and what's wrong with a grown man reading a bible in the park? also, would you care to point out any holes in my Salvation Story? I will gladly fill them for you. maybe you need to read it again?
and...WTF is a panties and a aqua lung? God bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:17:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 3:08:30 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM, dee-em wrote:

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).
I take it that you go to parks to scout out the talent? Sorry to inform you, but not everyone does that.
"If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." [NIV] (Matthew 5:29)

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.
If you do not believe the story, then just move on and bite your tongue.

ahteists cannot do this,my friend. I know from when I was one. They feel compelled to attack. (gotta fill that Hole somehow!) LOL. So attacking a Believer helps them. Its like that idiot who posted on the "Best Christian" forum, and said "waah..I want moderation not this crap I dont have time for the religion forum" but yet He/she goes there as much an anyobdy! LOL. why dont they create science threads or philosophy or history or politics? why? LOL. Because it doesnt fill the hole, or get back at the Believers of the God who so disappointed them before and made them claim atheism in the first place. We call that a vicious circle. God calls it Apostasy. They need help, not blame. But I sometimes Fo catch myself judging them and criticizing. But I make for this un-Christian like acts by adding them in my Evening prayers.

God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:52:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 3:12:10 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:47:27 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:37:16 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:03:24 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
So today Im taking a break at work at lunch and went a couple blocks away to a park and was sitting on a bench and just finished my lunch. I was reading the Bible and it was cloudy with a strong wind. The wind began to blow the pages in the Bible. for some reason the sights and sound of those rice paper tin pages flipping furiously obsessed me. So I turned the book to the First pages of Genesis and held it up at eye level in my hand, flat with the pages facing up. And watched the wind blow the pages. Very quickly, like a flurry, about 20 pages a second or more! Iheld the book as flat as possible and a bit higher for more wind. then even though the wind was blowing--even harder!--the bible was about three quarters finished, flipping to the end on the way From Genesis to Revelation. All of a sudden the pages stopped! but thw wind kept on! I did NOT move the angle of the Book at all. But tha pages just stopped, like they were stuck. I lower the book down to my lap and read.
WOW! It was stuck on Page 711of my paperback NIV version. Guess what chapter? Matthew 27:51!! The Tearing of the Temple Curtain when Christ Died! The very same verse from my Salvation Experience when my rooms Curtain Burned in Half!!
I then when I got back to work remembered the Date. Today, August 20. Was a few months after when I was Saved last May of 2014. The Day I formally decided to enter the Unity Ministry after speaking with my Pastor, I wrote it in my journal!! So it was a 1-year Aniiverery present form God and comfirmation of my Salvation.
Its OK if oyu guys doubt this. I do not blame you. But I pro,ised the Lord I would dshare it. As I do with all m yExperiences with God.
I love God. THis is a open letter in Thanking Him for giving HisGrace to a Sinner like me!!

Yes ABR, God has the time and inclination to glue together a couple of pages in your Bible to give you a thrill, but he has no desire to rid the world of malaria or alleviate the suffering of the poor and downtrodden. That makes perfect sense. Not. Get over yourself. You are so self-obsessed that you think everything is about you. You see signs everywhere no matter how trivial. In all probability you are fabricating most of it. Another liar for Jesus is my suspicion.

sorry you feel that way, DM. But I DONT think its all about me. I'm a little man in the Grand Scheme, But one who for whatever reason God has bestowed Grace on. there are many many others as well. Im but one. As far as the suffering of the World, I too often wished God would do more, but since he has decided to let Creation unfold by natural means and Given us Free will there will be pain and suffering. He DOES give us the means to eradicate malaria..the fine minds who have the vaccines and the medicines. If people followed these offerings much of it would be gone. God works through people!! And these people can ease suffering. Africa for example has been offered malarial cures by UN workers. I can only relate here what I experience. Like today. I cannot know the reasons. I am getting better ideas as I improve my relationship with God, but I never claim to know His Plan. I only offer humble opinions. ANd I dont feel I am special but only one small part of His Followers. I am privelaged and honored--and amazed at ths. So forgive me if I seem over-zealous sometimes. Its out of awe and not ego.

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.

call what you want, my friend. and what's wrong with a grown man reading a bible in the park?

It wasn't the reading of it. It was the ridiculous claim of holding it up in the wind. Only a child would do something like that.

also, would you care to point out any holes in my Salvation Story? I will gladly fill them for you. maybe you need to read it again?

They were pointed out in detail to you by skyangel. You had no comeback except bluster.

and...WTF is a panties and a aqua lung?

Google is your friend. "Jethro Tull Aqualung lyrics".

Do you know what I really, really hate, ABR? It is lying and liars. Nothing upsets me more than blatant lying. You do it when you say atheists have a hole in their life and that is why they contest the BS put out by theists. Your claim that you know what motivates each and every atheist is a lie and you know it. Yet you regurgitate the same lie repeatedly. Then you come out with this cock-and-bull story that wouldn't pass muster with a 10-year old. It's just pathetic.

The reason you guys do this stuff, like the young boy who claimed he had gone to heaven and has since confessed to lying, is your religious zeal. You feel you can justify it to yourself because it shows your devotion to Jesus in that you would even lie to others. It is as if, by convincing others of a fictitious religious experience, it serves somehow to convince yourself of your own piety. As I said, I've seen this practice countless times from Christians and I find it despicable.
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:54:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 3:08:30 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM, dee-em wrote:

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).
I take it that you go to parks to scout out the talent? Sorry to inform you, but not everyone does that.
"If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." [NIV] (Matthew 5:29)

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.
If you do not believe the story, then just move on and bite your tongue.

Yes, you guys would love that. Then you could parade your nonsense without scrutiny. Sorry, but I call out BS when I see it.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:58:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 3:54:55 AM, dee-em wrote:

Yes, you guys would love that. Then you could parade your nonsense without scrutiny. Sorry, but I call out BS when I see it.
I am not going to defend the validity of the story at hand because there is no way I can know what happened. I can only assume that August_Burns_Red would not lie about it. I could be completely wrong though. As well, you could be completely wrong when you call him a liar.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 4:05:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 3:54:55 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/21/2015 3:08:30 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 2:57:19 AM, dee-em wrote:

I call BS. Just like your original 'epiphany' story was full of holes, so is this one. A grown man sitting on a park bench holding a Bible up in the air. Who do you expect to believe such palpable nonsense? More likely you were there watching the pretty panties run. Lol. (That's an Aqualung reference if you didn't get it).
I take it that you go to parks to scout out the talent? Sorry to inform you, but not everyone does that.
"If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." [NIV] (Matthew 5:29)

Your Christian buddies may be gullible enough to be taken in by your tall stories, but please don't insult the intelligence of atheists. We know how the liars for Jesus operate.
If you do not believe the story, then just move on and bite your tongue.

Yes, you guys would love that. Then you could parade your nonsense without scrutiny. Sorry, but I call out BS when I see it.

This.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 4:06:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 3:58:56 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 3:54:55 AM, dee-em wrote:

Yes, you guys would love that. Then you could parade your nonsense without scrutiny. Sorry, but I call out BS when I see it.
I am not going to defend the validity of the story at hand because there is no way I can know what happened. I can only assume that August_Burns_Red would not lie about it. I could be completely wrong though. As well, you could be completely wrong when you call him a liar.

I can assure you that I am as close to 100% confident as you can be about anything that he is lying through his teeth. Whilst we all have an inclination to expect that people won't deliberately lie to us, there are some things that don't pass the simple pub test. This is one of them. You need to tune your BS radar, my friend.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 4:20:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 4:06:02 AM, dee-em wrote:

I can assure you that I am as close to 100% confident as you can be about anything that he is lying through his teeth. Whilst we all have an inclination to expect that people won't deliberately lie to us, there are some things that don't pass the simple pub test. This is one of them. You need to tune your BS radar, my friend.
May I ask how you know he is lying? I mean, the story was not that groundbreaking. The wind flipped to a page in his Bible. One explanation could be that the page it flipped to was one that was commonly visited by him, therefore the wind my get stuck on a crease or something. I really do not doubt the portion of wind blowing his Bible to a page he identifies with.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 4:25:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 4:20:51 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 4:06:02 AM, dee-em wrote:

I can assure you that I am as close to 100% confident as you can be about anything that he is lying through his teeth. Whilst we all have an inclination to expect that people won't deliberately lie to us, there are some things that don't pass the simple pub test. This is one of them. You need to tune your BS radar, my friend.
May I ask how you know he is lying? I mean, the story was not that groundbreaking. The wind flipped to a page in his Bible. One explanation could be that the page it flipped to was one that was commonly visited by him, therefore the wind my get stuck on a crease or something. I really do not doubt the portion of wind blowing his Bible to a page he identifies with.

You should. You really should.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 4:28:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 4:25:04 AM, dee-em wrote:

You should. You really should.
I should what? Adjust my 'radar'? I disagree. If someone is lying to my face then I can usually tell. If someone is lying on a forum, I have to naturally assume they are telling the truth. That is unless their claims are beyond reason.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:10:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 4:28:48 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 4:25:04 AM, dee-em wrote:

You should. You really should.
I should what? Adjust my 'radar'? I disagree. If someone is lying to my face then I can usually tell. If someone is lying on a forum, I have to naturally assume they are telling the truth. That is unless their claims are beyond reason.

They are. They really are. The fact that you can't see it is because you have a similar mindset, one in which you don't bat at an eyelid at preposterous claims.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:16:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 5:10:15 AM, dee-em wrote:

They are. They really are. The fact that you can't see it is because you have a similar mindset, one in which you don't bat at an eyelid at preposterous claims.
Wind blowing the pages of a book is a 'preposterous claim'?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:26:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 5:16:45 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 5:10:15 AM, dee-em wrote:

They are. They really are. The fact that you can't see it is because you have a similar mindset, one in which you don't bat at an eyelid at preposterous claims.
Wind blowing the pages of a book is a 'preposterous claim'?

No, the sequence of the story. Holding the Bible up in the wind for the pages to be blown (telegraphing the desired outcome). The pages stop turning magically at his favourite passage, defying the laws of physics. The synchronicity of it this allegedly happening on the anniversary of his equally fabricated 'epiphany'. It is absurdity piled on absurdity. And, we are led to believe, this is God giving him a sign because blowing pages in the wind is the best this feeble God can manage. Would a kindergarten child believe this fairy story? Would you?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:30:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 5:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:

No, the sequence of the story. Holding the Bible up in the wind for the pages to be blown (telegraphing the desired outcome). The pages stop turning magically at his favourite passage, defying the laws of physics. The synchronicity of it this allegedly happening on the anniversary of his equally fabricated 'epiphany'. It is absurdity piled on absurdity. And, we are led to believe, this is God giving him a sign because blowing pages in the wind is the best this feeble God can manage. Would a kindergarten child believe this fairy story? Would you?
I see no issues with holding the book up for the pages to be blown. I have done the same thing before with different books (but no sign from God). The sound is satisfying. I mentioned to you earlier that the page could have been creased (or something along those lines) that would have made it difficult for the wind to blow the pages. In fact, I would bet that he had a leather bound Bible, which would make that idea go down even easier because the book would be bent. The anniversary is not even relevant because August 20 =/= May.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:43:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 5:30:37 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 5:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:

No, the sequence of the story. Holding the Bible up in the wind for the pages to be blown (telegraphing the desired outcome). The pages stop turning magically at his favourite passage, defying the laws of physics. The synchronicity of it this allegedly happening on the anniversary of his equally fabricated 'epiphany'. It is absurdity piled on absurdity. And, we are led to believe, this is God giving him a sign because blowing pages in the wind is the best this feeble God can manage. Would a kindergarten child believe this fairy story? Would you?

I see no issues with holding the book up for the pages to be blown.

Of course not. Gullible.

I have done the same thing before with different books (but no sign from God). The sound is satisfying.

Of course you have. Lol.

I mentioned to you earlier that the page could have been creased (or something along those lines) that would have made it difficult for the wind to blow the pages. In fact, I would bet that he had a leather bound Bible, which would make that idea go down even easier because the book would be bent.

Irrelevant. Pages would still turn in a strong wind.

The anniversary is not even relevant because August 20 =/= May.

It's the anniversary of when he joined Unity. Read the OP. You are simply engaging in apologetics for him because you can't accept that he is lying to you. You need to grow up a little.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:53:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 5:43:22 AM, dee-em wrote:

I see no issues with holding the book up for the pages to be blown.

Of course not. Gullible.
Gullible to believe such a simple idea? Am I gullible or are you just hardheaded?

I have done the same thing before with different books (but no sign from God). The sound is satisfying.

Of course you have. Lol.
What do you mean? If you read outside, the pages will more than likely blow in the wind. Sometimes you just let it go.

I mentioned to you earlier that the page could have been creased (or something along those lines) that would have made it difficult for the wind to blow the pages. In fact, I would bet that he had a leather bound Bible, which would make that idea go down even easier because the book would be bent.

Irrelevant. Pages would still turn in a strong wind.
Depends on how strong the winds are. As far as I can tell, he lists no measurement.

The anniversary is not even relevant because August 20 =/= May.

It's the anniversary of when he joined Unity. Read the OP. You are simply engaging in apologetics for him because you can't accept that he is lying to you. You need to grow up a little.
Ah, I misread his statement. I was wondering why he was making a connection between August 20 and May. Nonetheless, the date has no baring on the event that occurred. Had he not written it in his 'journal', there would probably have been no connection.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
dee-em
Posts: 6,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 6:10:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 5:53:30 AM, tstor wrote:
At 8/21/2015 5:43:22 AM, dee-em wrote:

I see no issues with holding the book up for the pages to be blown.

Of course not. Gullible.
Gullible to believe such a simple idea? Am I gullible or are you just hardheaded?

I have done the same thing before with different books (but no sign from God). The sound is satisfying.

Of course you have. Lol.
What do you mean? If you read outside, the pages will more than likely blow in the wind. Sometimes you just let it go.

I mentioned to you earlier that the page could have been creased (or something along those lines) that would have made it difficult for the wind to blow the pages. In fact, I would bet that he had a leather bound Bible, which would make that idea go down even easier because the book would be bent.

Irrelevant. Pages would still turn in a strong wind.
Depends on how strong the winds are. As far as I can tell, he lists no measurement.

The anniversary is not even relevant because August 20 =/= May.

It's the anniversary of when he joined Unity. Read the OP. You are simply engaging in apologetics for him because you can't accept that he is lying to you. You need to grow up a little.
Ah, I misread his statement. I was wondering why he was making a connection between August 20 and May. Nonetheless, the date has no baring on the event that occurred. Had he not written it in his 'journal', there would probably have been no connection.

The gullible will never understand their own gullibility. What more is there to say? You are welcome to believe him. Us "hard-headed" skeptics know better. Either way, you will never see any proof for his (and like) assertions. Which is the whole point, of course. He can make any kind of woo-ish claim and get away with it as long as he mumbles God under his breath. Some religious will buy it. Just like they bought this:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

1 million copies sold. 1 million gullible Christians. Go figure.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 6:19:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2015 6:10:20 AM, dee-em wrote:

The gullible will never understand their own gullibility. What more is there to say? You are welcome to believe him. Us "hard-headed" skeptics know better. Either way, you will never see any proof for his (and like) assertions. Which is the whole point, of course. He can make any kind of woo-ish claim and get away with it as long as he mumbles God under his breath. Some religious will buy it. Just like they bought this:
Hmm, why does this sound strikingly similar to the arguments used by theists? You know, the fools will not know how foolish they are. The blind will not see what I see. Now atheists use this argument too? Nonetheless, wind blowing some pages in a book is not really that bewildering (unless you don't go outside too often). He could be lying, but I fail to see why he would. Either way it does not impact either one of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

1 million copies sold. 1 million gullible Christians. Go figure.
Yeah, I cannot really relate to too many people when they talk about signs, visions, dreams, near death experiences, etc. I do not need that stuff to be a Christian.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)