Jump to topic:

Paradise

fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 10:59:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is a recurring theme throughout history.
The indigenous American Indian dreams he will go to well stocked hunting grounds, a sort of heaven on earth from his viewpoint.
King Solomon had his paradise on earth but I wonder what his wives felt.
The Jehovah's Witnesses. speak of a thousand years of earthly bliss and tranquility.
' The lion shall lie down with the lamb'
All predatory instinicts will be suspended and we will all eat vegetables.
I wonder if the ticks and fleas will still bite?
Reality tells a different story; those gambolling lambs must go to the abattior.
The Watchtower magazine has such idealised pictures and I'm delivered a copy quite often. I take it with a smile but avoid discussion; these people are genuine and the images they paint are far more attractive than stark reality.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 1:03:31 PM
Reality can be very rough. But it can also be amazingly kind and beautiful. The sad truth is that a lot of us just don't seem to know how to get out of the juggernaut's way. The more we want from it, and the more we expect from it, the more it owns us.

Religion is almost always part of the juggernaut, not the solution. It promotes those desires and expectations so it can own us through them. You are wise to smile, and then let them go.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 3:36:59 PM
Those of the many are so busy trying to ESCAPE from themselves with the day dreams of somewhere they can basically HIDE from themselves and others.

If you can't LOVE and understand your self,

how can you love or understand others?

Heaven/Paradise and HELL and such are JUST states of mind and thought.

Those that CHOOSE to have some invisible God or made up scientific theories and such do their personal ?thinking? and take on the responsibilities for the results of peoples personal thinking and responsibilities, end up in the HELL that their God, theories and such create in the realm of superstitious concepts.

There are the MANY that choose to be OF this world

and there are the few that CHOOSE the Way, the Truth and the Life that is ALL around us and within us.

those of the many do ALL they can to try and REJECT and DENY ANYTHING that gets in the WAY of their superstitious beliefs and the programming they choose to TRY and follow.

Most choose the shortcut through HELL on their way to Heaven/Paradise.

it is a VERY W I D E path that allows people to go around in circles of confusion as they dream of where they are headed.

When you buy or receive a treasure map that has the X marks the spot off the known end of the world and you personally are AFRAID and basically lazy about finding the correct pathway yourself.

It's no wonder that most are in HELL and dreaming about the escape to Paradise.

I made my own map to Paradise that can NOT be written on paper or other popular man made media. The map I follow is written in the sand by the finger of the wind, simply put.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:14:22 PM
Very nicely put, as you rightly point out reality can be beautiful .
I suppose the only snag is we pay for beauty with pain.
Our lives are brief we must get what joy we can.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 5:21:10 PM
I had a job to understand your reply but I did note you are an artist and that may well account for my stumbling grasp. I don't believe we can creat our own heaven for that would be escapism. It may work for awhile like getting drunk but eventually we must face the world and those in it.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:33:48 AM
I Live in my own private theme park that suits me more then fine & dandy.

Those that choose to be of the world with their invisible Gods, scientific theories and other deceptions and lies called good are not able to grasp the mindset of Paradise as they are so busy with their BACKWARDS ways and can't figure out WHY they have problems getting where they "believe" they are headed.

Superstition and the dark age ways with neon lights is all most care to know as it is the popular path with plenty of room for going in confused circles of denial.

I had a BLAST today out in the park as I had company and they enjoyed their visit as did I.

Most just TRY and pretend that they are happy as they gnash their teeth and complain of the heat of the Honest Truth that exposes the deceptions and lies called good.

When we have so many that choose invisible friends and made up theories and such as their truth and realities we end up with a world filled with many confused, angry and doubt troubled people that spend most of their time trying to place the blame for what they dislike about their own personal thoughts and actions ELSEWHERE.

It is easy to see WHY the world is the way that it is and the many of the people ACT the way that they do, IF a person CHOOSES to SEE with 100% HONEST intent.

most prefer playing dress up make believe and pretend with the many until the scripts and props become a form of reality and truth that MIGHT make sense in another place and time, but NOT the now where they are NOW.

nothing new under the sun when those of the many try and have their FUN.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:41:38 AM
"I carry a torch in one hand
And a bucket of water in the other:
With these things I am going to set fire to Heaven
And put out the flames of Hell,
So that voyagers to God can rip the veils
And see the real goal"
- Rabi'a Basri -
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:14:14 AM
At 8/21/2015 10:59:01 AM, fromantle wrote:
It is a recurring theme throughout history.
The indigenous American Indian dreams he will go to well stocked hunting grounds, a sort of heaven on earth from his viewpoint.
King Solomon had his paradise on earth but I wonder what his wives felt.
The Jehovah's Witnesses. speak of a thousand years of earthly bliss and tranquility.
' The lion shall lie down with the lamb'
All predatory instinicts will be suspended and we will all eat vegetables.
I wonder if the ticks and fleas will still bite?
Reality tells a different story; those gambolling lambs must go to the abattior.
The Watchtower magazine has such idealised pictures and I'm delivered a copy quite often. I take it with a smile but avoid discussion; these people are genuine and the images they paint are far more attractive than stark reality.

The JW's are trying to sell you their business so they obviously have to make it look good.

The idea is that you give real dollars now for a piece of their fantasy dream in the future.

They are not unlike any other major faith or cult that offers a fantasy in the future in exchange for real money in the here and now.

Hey, business is business so you really cannot blame them.

If you want in on their fantasy just cut them in for anywhere from 1% to 10% of your gross or net or disposable income. They'll love you for it. You might even find a girlfriend there for yourself.

Good luck and good hunting !!
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:15:36 AM
At 8/22/2015 5:41:38 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
"I carry a torch in one hand
And a bucket of water in the other:
With these things I am going to set fire to Heaven
And put out the flames of Hell,
So that voyagers to God can rip the veils
And see the real goal"
- Rabi'a Basri -

Ok here is my own mantra:

Yay though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil
For there is nothing on this Earth
That I cannot kill.
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:18:34 AM
At 8/22/2015 4:33:48 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I Live in my own private theme park that suits me more then fine & dandy.

Those that choose to be of the world with their invisible Gods, scientific theories and other deceptions and lies called good are not able to grasp the mindset of Paradise as they are so busy with their BACKWARDS ways and can't figure out WHY they have problems getting where they "believe" they are headed.

Superstition and the dark age ways with neon lights is all most care to know as it is the popular path with plenty of room for going in confused circles of denial.

I had a BLAST today out in the park as I had company and they enjoyed their visit as did I.

Most just TRY and pretend that they are happy as they gnash their teeth and complain of the heat of the Honest Truth that exposes the deceptions and lies called good.

When we have so many that choose invisible friends and made up theories and such as their truth and realities we end up with a world filled with many confused, angry and doubt troubled people that spend most of their time trying to place the blame for what they dislike about their own personal thoughts and actions ELSEWHERE.

It is easy to see WHY the world is the way that it is and the many of the people ACT the way that they do, IF a person CHOOSES to SEE with 100% HONEST intent.

most prefer playing dress up make believe and pretend with the many until the scripts and props become a form of reality and truth that MIGHT make sense in another place and time, but NOT the now where they are NOW.

nothing new under the sun when those of the many try and have their FUN.

You sound just like a good friend of mine who with his wife recently quit the Mormon church !! For them the liberation seems to be exhilarating as well.

Wine for the first time !!

Freedom all Sunday long for the first time !!

Have fun !!
riveroaks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:19:47 AM
At 8/21/2015 5:21:10 PM, fromantle wrote:
I had a job to understand your reply but I did note you are an artist and that may well account for my stumbling grasp. I don't believe we can creat our own heaven for that would be escapism. It may work for awhile like getting drunk but eventually we must face the world and those in it.

For most people if not all, their religion is precisely escapism.