Jump to topic:

Sayings of Prophet Jesus

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 8:43:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
- I stumbled upon some translations of sayings of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) from Islamic sources & I wanted to share these with you. I mean by Islamic sources, the collections of Hadiths attributed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). There are about ~400 of them in total, from which I shall mention few.

* Reported by Ahmad, Jesus son of Mary said: "It is of no use to know something if one does not act upon it. In truth, an abundance of knowledge only increases one in pride if one does not act accordingly."

* Reported by al-Ghazali, Jesus son of Mary said: "You will never obtain what you desire except through patience with what you dislike."

* Reported by Ahmad, Jesus son of Mary said: "Virtuous action does not consist in doing good to someone who has done good to you, for that is merely returning a favour. Virtuous action consists in doing good to those who have wronged you."

* Reported by Malik, Jesus son of Mary said: "Do not, like lords, look at the faults of others. Rather, like servants, look at your own faults. In truth, humanity is comprised of only two types, the afflicted and the sound. So show mercy to the afflicted, and praise God for well-being."

* Reported by Ibn al-Mubarak, Jesus son of Mary said: "Beware of the luxuries of this world, and fear them, for the luxuries of this world are filth in the sight of God."

* Reported by Ibn 'Abd al-Bar, Jesus son of Mary said: "The possessor of wealth always has one of three qualities: he either gains it by unlawful means, obstructs it from reaching the ones who deserve it, or by accumulating it is distracted from worship of his Lord."

* Reported by Ibn Abi ad-Dunya, Jesus son of Mary said: "O my God, surely I have entered into the morning unable to neither forestall what I fear nor hasten what I hope for. The affair is in another"s hand. I have arisen bound to my deeds. There is no one poorer than me. Do not make me the cause of my enemies being cursed, nor make me the reason any harm should come to a friend. Do not place tribulation in my spiritual path, nor empower anyone over me who shows me no mercy."

* Reported by Ahmad, Jesus son of Mary was once asked: "How are you able to walk on water?" Jesus replied, "With certainty." Then someone said, "But, we also have certainty!" Jesus then said, "Are stone, clay and gold equal in your eyes?" They replied, "Certainly not!" Jesus responded, "They are in mine."

- I hope this serves as a reminder for our Muslim & Christian brothers & others as well.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 9:36:24 PM
At 8/21/2015 8:43:32 PM, Yassine wrote:
- I stumbled upon some translations of sayings of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) from Islamic sources & I wanted to share these with you. I mean by Islamic sources, the collections of Hadiths attributed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). There are about ~400 of them in total, from which I shall mention few.

* Reported by Ahmad, Jesus son of Mary said: "It is of no use to know something if one does not act upon it. In truth, an abundance of knowledge only increases one in pride if one does not act accordingly."

* Reported by al-Ghazali, Jesus son of Mary said: "You will never obtain what you desire except through patience with what you dislike."

* Reported by Ahmad, Jesus son of Mary said: "Virtuous action does not consist in doing good to someone who has done good to you, for that is merely returning a favour. Virtuous action consists in doing good to those who have wronged you."

* Reported by Malik, Jesus son of Mary said: "Do not, like lords, look at the faults of others. Rather, like servants, look at your own faults. In truth, humanity is comprised of only two types, the afflicted and the sound. So show mercy to the afflicted, and praise God for well-being."

* Reported by Ibn al-Mubarak, Jesus son of Mary said: "Beware of the luxuries of this world, and fear them, for the luxuries of this world are filth in the sight of God."

* Reported by Ibn 'Abd al-Bar, Jesus son of Mary said: "The possessor of wealth always has one of three qualities: he either gains it by unlawful means, obstructs it from reaching the ones who deserve it, or by accumulating it is distracted from worship of his Lord."

* Reported by Ibn Abi ad-Dunya, Jesus son of Mary said: "O my God, surely I have entered into the morning unable to neither forestall what I fear nor hasten what I hope for. The affair is in another"s hand. I have arisen bound to my deeds. There is no one poorer than me. Do not make me the cause of my enemies being cursed, nor make me the reason any harm should come to a friend. Do not place tribulation in my spiritual path, nor empower anyone over me who shows me no mercy."

* Reported by Ahmad, Jesus son of Mary was once asked: "How are you able to walk on water?" Jesus replied, "With certainty." Then someone said, "But, we also have certainty!" Jesus then said, "Are stone, clay and gold equal in your eyes?" They replied, "Certainly not!" Jesus responded, "They are in mine."

- I hope this serves as a reminder for our Muslim & Christian brothers & others as well.

Wow, Yassine...thank yoy my Muslim brother for those sayings. I love them and had never heard some of them. I printed out your post, hope you dont mind. Im going to keep it and research some of them. This was my favorite............

Virtuous action does not consist in doing good to someone who has done good to you, for that is merely returning a favour. Virtuous action consists in doing good to those who have wronged you."

So True! and often so hard! just like the Love not only your friends and brothers but your enemies. these are the things that REALLY separates the TRUE Christians from the wannabes! God Bless. (Allah Bless) you.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 9:51:16 PM
At 8/21/2015 9:36:24 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Wow, Yassine...thank yoy my Muslim brother for those sayings. I love them and had never heard some of them. I printed out your post, hope you dont mind. Im going to keep it and research some of them. This was my favorite............

Virtuous action does not consist in doing good to someone who has done good to you, for that is merely returning a favour. Virtuous action consists in doing good to those who have wronged you."

So True! and often so hard! just like the Love not only your friends and brothers but your enemies. these are the things that REALLY separates the TRUE Christians from the wannabes! God Bless. (Allah Bless) you.

- Amen! Glad you liked them. The original message of any Religion is always about patience, brotherhood & humility. Unfortunately, those less wise among the religious are tempted to deviate from their original duty!
Current Debates:

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 9:52:43 PM
At 8/21/2015 9:51:16 PM, Yassine wrote:

- Amen! Glad you liked them. The original message of any Religion is always about patience, brotherhood & humility. Unfortunately, those less wise among the religious are tempted to deviate from their original duty!

It is good and gratifying to hear a Muslim say this, my friend. There are as many Christians who deviate from The Message as there are Muslims. At least I think so.

God Bless.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 9:56:45 PM
At 8/21/2015 9:52:43 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/21/2015 9:51:16 PM, Yassine wrote:

It is good and gratifying to hear a Muslim say this, my friend. There are as many Christians who deviate from The Message as there are Muslims. At least I think so.

God Bless.

Thank you. :)

- When is the group PM happening?
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 10:53:49 PM

What is the source of these quotes?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 10:58:52 PM
At 8/21/2015 10:53:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- As I said, Islamic scripture, specifically, the Hadith collections. Reported by Ahmad, for instance, means that the Hadith is in the compilation of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, 'al-Musnad'. & so on.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:28:30 AM
At 8/21/2015 10:58:52 PM, Yassine wrote:

- As I said, Islamic scripture, specifically, the Hadith collections. Reported by Ahmad, for instance, means that the Hadith is in the compilation of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, 'al-Musnad'. & so on.

So, Ahmad got the quotes directly from Jesus? When did this happen?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:35:08 AM
At 8/22/2015 12:28:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

- Sorry. This is the extent of our conversation. Bye.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:40:00 AM
At 8/22/2015 12:35:08 AM, Yassine wrote:

Ah, so the quotes are fake. Thanks.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:41:53 AM
At 8/22/2015 12:40:00 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yep
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 12:44:01 AM

- Please stop harassing me. You're looking more & more like an obsessive stalker.
Current Debates:

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:08:15 AM
At 8/22/2015 12:44:01 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Please stop harassing me. You're looking more & more like an obsessive stalker.

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! :-)
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:34:36 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:08:15 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

I mean really, what kind of a man are you? what kind of atheist? I thought oyu guys embraced research. facts. obejctivity. I found this in a two-minute Google search. Again you attack for the sake of attack. This is why I dont respond to you anymore--your hopeless. you wont listen to anything you disagree with. like a child. Im beginning to think your a lot lot younger than you claim,Danger Mouse.

http://www.onislam.net...
CaptainAhab
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:41:12 AM
Thanks for the reminder that Christianity and Islam aren't as far apart as most would have us believe. As salamu alaykum.

Atheists are not all bad, despite some of the more vociferous among them. Let each man believe what he will, no matter how ridiculous it sounds to you.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:46:34 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:34:36 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

I mean really, what kind of a man are you? what kind of atheist? I thought oyu guys embraced research. facts. obejctivity. I found this in a two-minute Google search. Again you attack for the sake of attack. This is why I dont respond to you anymore--your hopeless. you wont listen to anything you disagree with. like a child. Im beginning to think your a lot lot younger than you claim,Danger Mouse.

There are no sources cited there whatsoever, the best source I found was this:

"Jesus was also known to have said:"

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 1:50:36 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:46:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

http://images.dailykos.com...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:26:33 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:50:36 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

- Hahaha! LoL.
Current Debates:

all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:30:10 AM

- I hope this serves as a reminder for our Muslim & Christian brothers & others as well. : :

I don't think most people know that Islam got a lot of it's information from Christians. All you have to do is compare the Quran with old Catholic teachings and it's almost the same. They both believe in the various stages of the afterlife and a place called hell. They both build false gods to worship their deities in, too.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:38:07 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:30:10 AM, all-in-one wrote:

- I hope this serves as a reminder for our Muslim & Christian brothers & others as well. : :

I don't think most people know that Islam got a lot of it's information from Christians. All you have to do is compare the Quran with old Catholic teachings and it's almost the same. They both believe in the various stages of the afterlife and a place called hell. They both build false gods to worship their deities in, too.

- Islam claims to be an extension of Judaism & Christianity & all God's previous religions. We Muslims believe in the Bible & the Torah as well. There is no point in reiterating that as some from of attack against Islam! We don't deny it, we fully embrace it. Adam, Jesus, Moses, Abraham... are all prophets of Islam.

- So, saying "I don't think most people know that Islam got a lot of [its] information from Christians" just means either you just figured that out, or the people you speak of don't even know the first thing about Islam.
Current Debates:

all-in-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:44:33 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:38:07 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 8/22/2015 2:30:10 AM, all-in-one wrote:

- Islam claims to be an extension of Judaism & Christianity & all God's previous religions. We Muslims believe in the Bible & the Torah as well. There is no point in reiterating that as some from of attack against Islam! We don't deny it, we fully embrace it. Adam, Jesus, Moses, Abraham... are all prophets of Islam.

- So, saying "I don't think most people know that Islam got a lot of [its] information from Christians" just means either you just figured that out, or the people you speak of don't even know the first thing about Islam. : :

I was taught that by our Creator. I could care less where religions came from before that. Now I understand that all religions start with the building of false gods with human hands.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:45:01 AM
At 8/22/2015 1:41:12 AM, CaptainAhab wrote:

Thanks for the reminder that Christianity and Islam aren't as far apart as most would have us believe. As salamu alaykum.

- Wa'alaykom Salam. Of course, we might disagree on many theological ideas, but we all worship the same God, & follow virtually the same prophets. Both Christianity & Islam are a message of Good to this World.

Atheists are not all bad, despite some of the more vociferous among them. Let each man believe what he will, no matter how ridiculous it sounds to you.

- Of course, some atheists get nasty sometimes, but that's no excuse to judge the sum of them. Each person has a good side & a bad side, we're all flawed.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 2:45:41 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:44:33 AM, all-in-one wrote:

I was taught that by our Creator. I could care less where religions came from before that. Now I understand that all religions start with the building of false gods with human hands.

- OK!
Current Debates:

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 11:47:55 AM

loll!!
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 3:07:59 PM
At 8/22/2015 2:45:01 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 8/22/2015 1:41:12 AM, CaptainAhab wrote:

- Wa'alaykom Salam. Of course, we might disagree on many theological ideas, but we all worship the same God, & follow virtually the same prophets. Both Christianity & Islam are a message of Good to this World.

- Of course, some atheists get nasty sometimes, but that's no excuse to judge the sum of them. Each person has a good side & a bad side, we're all flawed.

Which flawed/bad side are we looking at of those who put up fake quotes from Jesus in the name of Islam?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 3:10:33 PM
At 8/22/2015 2:26:33 AM, Yassine wrote:

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

- Hahaha! LoL.

Yes, laugh at the childish pictures other believers put up, it only serves to confirm your dishonesty for putting up fake quotes.

Again, it only confirms you are an Islamic propagandist that has no interest in discussions and only interested in spreading falsehoods. This thread is a testament to that. Keep laughing at that.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:06:37 PM

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

How about this one LOL.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 1:39:04 AM
At 8/22/2015 4:06:37 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Idiot idiot idiot! LOL

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

How about this one LOL.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...

LOL----I think you found an actual pic of Danger Mouse!! (he'll cal it a fake, though). And even if proven wrong--as I've done twice now with him, he won't admit it.) "Mom, bring me another glass of wine!" LOL
God Bles
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 1:46:06 AM
At 8/22/2015 2:45:41 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 8/22/2015 2:44:33 AM, all-in-one wrote:

- OK!

Hey Yass-man! I also found this. Where's Danger Mouse? LOL

http://www.muslimsforjesus.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:25:41 AM
All I see are childish meme posts about atheists. The question was not addressed. This is a guy who died about 600 YEARS after Jesus. So what of this? What is the actual source?