Jump to topic:

Join the Christian support group.

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:37:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Need spiritual advice? Join the Christian support group. Got questions about the Bible? Join the Christian support group. Getting depressed? Join the spiritual support group. Back sliding? Join the Christian support group.

This isn't a troll thread. I just wanted to make a group of smart Christians no matter which kind to come together and help each other out. If you want to join sign up now!
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:56:29 PM
I'll sign up
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:54:50 PM
At 8/22/2015 4:56:29 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'll sign up

I'll sign up, too, but the word "spiritual" has to be well defined, or else the offer is just so much word salad.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:01:47 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:54:50 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
I'll sign up

I'll sign up, too, but the word "spiritual" has to be well defined, or else the offer is just so much word salad.

You are the type of person who considers anything you don't understand to be meaningless. Once you've understood something to be meaningless, you don't put forth any effort to understand it any further than when you discounted it as being meaningless.

You know, I heard once that calling someone "crazy" is like saying, "I don't have anything more to learn from you". If you already have it in your head that these things are crazy, you've already rigged yourself with a mentality that isn't conducive to comprehension.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:09:00 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:01:47 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'll sign up

You are the type of person who considers anything you don't understand to be meaningless.

Okay, you are the type of person who only talks in meaningless gibberish.

Once you've understood something to be meaningless, you don't put forth any effort to understand it any further than when you discounted it as being meaningless.

When everything you say is meaningless gibberish, there can never be understanding.

You know, I heard once that calling someone "crazy" is like saying, "I don't have anything more to learn from you". If you already have it in your head that these things are crazy, you've already rigged yourself with a mentality that isn't conducive to comprehension.

Comprehension comes from someone who is capable of talking sense, reason and rationale, not someone who bleats out meaningless gibberish ad nauseum, as you constantly do.

If you want others to understand you, then talk sense.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:10:57 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:09:00 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
I'll sign up

You are the type of person who considers anything you don't understand to be meaningless.

Once you've understood something to be meaningless, you don't put forth any effort to understand it any further than when you discounted it as being meaningless.

When everything you say is meaningless gibberish, there can never be understanding.

Comprehension comes from someone who is capable of talking sense, reason and rationale, not someone who bleats out meaningless gibberish ad nauseum, as you constantly do.

I think you are incredibly stupid.

Does that make sense?

Also, I don't really care about what you have to say to that.

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:20:10 PM
I'll sign up

Actually there was no gibberish, that's your atheistic mind stumbling again.

YOU don't understand, get that through your head or leave the site, it's becoming obvious you have some serious problems, you may want to take a break on all that wine and crawl out of that old cellar.

And that is definitely not you, sorry but you are mentally unstable and at this point people should be alarmed.

You don't belong in a religious forum, this is not the atheist lodge, either catch up or go spend some more time at the winery.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:39:46 PM
I'll sign up

Romans 7:14 For wee know that the Law is spirituall: but I am carnall, sold vnder sinne.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:55:11 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:10:57 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'll sign up

Does that make sense?

Yes, you say that a lot to folks who show your posts as meaningless gibberish. Few, if any remain to respond to you.

Of course, you don't, you don't care about anyone but yourself.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:05:53 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:39:46 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
I'll sign up

Romans 7:14 For wee know that the Law is spirituall: but I am carnall, sold vnder sinne.

Actually the term "spirit" covers a vast array of things that fall into that category similar to saying "material", it covers all that is of the spirit, persons, places and things. That is part of the problem when "defining" it, it's not a singular thing, it represents many aspects that are relevant to it.

The term "spiritual" is like saying chef, artist, musician, teacher, doctor.... as in "I'm a spiritual person", meaning you desire the spirit over the flesh/material.

Now silly is Danne just going to come along and tell you that you haven't defined it at all, not knowing there is no single meaning other than it represents that which is "immaterial", a term religious views use to express that which is outside of only the material domain, that which is not of this physical existence but the spiritual realm.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:42:12 PM
At 8/22/2015 7:05:53 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
I'll sign up

Actually the term "spirit" covers a vast array of things that fall into that category similar to saying "material", it covers all that is of the spirit, persons, places and things. That is part of the problem when "defining" it, it's not a singular thing, it represents many aspects that are relevant to it.

The term "spiritual" is like saying chef, artist, musician, teacher, doctor.... as in "I'm a spiritual person", meaning you desire the spirit over the flesh/material.

Now silly is Danne just going to come along and tell you that you haven't defined it at all, not knowing there is no single meaning other than it represents that which is "immaterial", a term religious views use to express that which is outside of only the material domain, that which is not of this physical existence but the spiritual realm.

For example, scripture reveals God is a Spirit, angels, demons or any being that inhabits the spiritual realm falls into the category of "spirit" persons.
Heaven, a spiritual Kingdom, Hell ect.. these would be "spiritual" places.
Prayer, prophesy, faith, fasting, spiritual gifts ect... these fall into the category of "things", spiritual things, spiritual elements.
If someone wants us to define spirit, they need be more specific, which aspect would they like defined, basically Danne keeps asking a nonsensical question and doesn't even know it.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 7:49:22 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:55:11 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 8/22/2015 6:10:57 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:
I'll sign up

Does that make sense?

Yes, you say that a lot to folks who show your posts as meaningless gibberish. Few, if any remain to respond to you.

Of course, you don't, you don't care about anyone but yourself.

If I didn't care about anyone but myself, I wouldn't be working in charity, because I certainly don't make any money from it.

But it's a good thing for you that God cares about you infinitely more than I ever could. It's a good thing for you that God is more patient than I am. It's a good thing for you that God always listens, and will speak to you even when the world has locked you away to be alone. It's a good thing that God will continue to speak to you despite your refusal to listen. God is patient and all merciful. God is all forgiving. It isn't too late to accept reality.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:15:54 PM
I'll sign up

Of course, you didn't define anything, you merely repeated yourself, telling us what spiritual isn't as opposed to what it is, like trying to define a duck as "not a dog". You haven't provided one single trait, attribute, characteristic or property, nada, ziltch, nothing.

A chef cooks meals.
An artist paints or draws.
A musician plays an instrument.
A teacher passes on knowledge and information.
A doctor helps to cure our ailments

A spiritual does what, desires the spirit over flesh.

And, the spirit is defined as what? A duck is not a dog?

Round and round you go, chasing your tail, repeating the same undefined word over and over, pretending it has meaning.

If you know of such a realm, why can't you describe it? Why can't you show us where it is? Why do you always tell us what it isn't instead of what it is?
hardin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:20:50 PM
At 8/22/2015 9:15:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
I'll sign up

Of course, you didn't define anything, you merely repeated yourself, telling us what spiritual isn't as opposed to what it is, like trying to define a duck as "not a dog". You haven't provided one single trait, attribute, characteristic or property, nada, ziltch, nothing.

A chef cooks meals.
An artist paints or draws.
A musician plays an instrument.
A teacher passes on knowledge and information.
A doctor helps to cure our ailments

A spiritual does what, desires the spirit over flesh.

And, the spirit is defined as what? A duck is not a dog?

Round and round you go, chasing your tail, repeating the same undefined word over and over, pretending it has meaning.

If you know of such a realm, why can't you describe it? Why can't you show us where it is? Why do you always tell us what it isn't instead of what it is? : :

John 6
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you"they are full of the Spirit and life.
64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.
65 He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them."

The words Jesus spoke ( the Spirit ) are God's thoughts.