Debate: Islam Harmful For Society?

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 5:33:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://www.debate.org...

I have a debate that is been in the voting phase for a few days without any votes, so I'm wondering if anyone would care to give it a look.

In order to create discussion, I will post my final round of the debate here to discuss.

~~~~

Large scale Islamic belief is not harmful to society. Islamic belief has nothing to do with following man made religion. It has to do with accepting reality and keeping yourself in line with reality. It has to do with being kind and respectful to others.

Belief in Islam does not imply the regulating of other people's lives. Belief in Islam does not imply the acceptance of a man's authority because they claim to be a religious teacher. Belief in Islam does not imply the inability to live in a society that is non-Muslim. Belief in Islam does not imply the mistreatment of anyone. The Qur'an teaches that Truth is God, and that everyone has their own relationship with God. The Qur'an teaches that we should humble ourselves and realize how Allah is The Lord of All Worlds.

That is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon other than Him is falsehood. If you understand the scriptures, you will not commit the idolatry of scripture. You will not associate anything with The Ultimate or Highest Reality, which is Allah or God. You will not mistake a man for God. The same realization can be achieved by studying The Bible, and The Qur'an acknowledges this. The Qur'an says that The Truth has messengers in All Nations. The Qur'an itself, even in Arabic is a translation of Highest Truth. The Living Word of God is there for everyone to communicate with. It is a personal relationship with The Highest Truth, and it is through diligent prayer, the cleansing of what clouds our discernment, and the acceptance and love for The Truth that we can draw closer to this. Islam is about loving Reality, Truth, and all of Creation which is made in the Image of God. The Qur'an not only acknowledges the message of Jesus and Christianity, but claims that God has sent apostles to All Nations. One of the things that the Qur'an stands up for is the free exercise of religion, and this is based both on how Mohammed governed and on the revelation that God has sent prophets, messengers, and apostles to All Nations. All of this I am saying is PLAINLY written in The Qur'an as translated by The Prophet Mohammed.

I must reiterate the meaning of the word "Islam", which commonly gets translated as "submission". You have to understand that the type of "submission" that is really being described is "acceptance". Specifically, "Acceptance of God", which is described very clearly in Mohammed's translation of The Qur'an as being That Which is Ultimately Real, the same God acknowledged by Moses when he gave The Name, "I Am That I Am", which can also be translated as "The Way Things Are" or "What Is". This is the same message described by Buddha through The Noble Eightfold Path, when you realize the core of the entire Path is to accept things as they truly are, being "right" or "correct'. Allah as described through Mohammed's translation of The Holy Qur'an is very clearly "The Way and It's Virtue" as described in Taoist writings. The writings of the philosophers of Eastern Asia, be them Zen, Taoist, or even Hindu, all testify of this Highest Aspiration. This is the same as Allah, The Reality. Allah is the Arabic word for "God". In Arabic speaking countries, Christians and Jews alike refer to God as "Allah". The point being, Islam is not about enforcing your own understanding of things on other people. Islam is about accepting the world for what it is. It is about respecting the sovereignty of God, and how people have been made to look at things in a multitude of ways. The Word as translated by The Prophet Mohammed says that we should be agents of peace and good will, and that governments are put in place by the will of God, and we should honor our obligations to them. These are not the teachings of a way of life that is harmful for society. Indeed, this way of thinking is conducive to actually getting things done in a peaceful manner while respecting the sovereignty that God has put in place. However, our highest allegiance is always to what is True and Merciful. This is the same way of life as encouraged by scripture universally.

To embody the way of life described as "Islam" in The Holy Qur'an is to be someone who loves truth above all things, treats those who love truth above all things as family, and is merciful towards those who have not the sense to accept reality. It would be patently ridiculous to say that a man who embodies this ideal would be harmful to society. Therefore, it is obvious that any harm inflicted on society from a self identified "Muslim" would not necessarily be a reflection of what it means to be a Muslim.

I have cited many sources, and I hope that the voters understand that it is my intent to communicate the message of Islam as I have interpreted it through my own diligent study of The Qur'an, The Hadith, and the interpretations of many theologians. I believe that it is misleading to single out a passage out of context to make a point, and have faith that anyone who actually cares to understand what they are reading will see what is true for themselves.

The high end estimate for how many recognized Muslims in the world is 23.4%. If we are to work towards peace on Earth, we can not alienate a quarter of the human population by making Islam an enemy. We have to communicate with Muslims, and we are not going to be able to do this unless we understand where they are coming from. There are a lot of forces that play into why things are the way they are in the world, and pinning it down on a way of life that exalts Truth, Acceptance of Reality, and Love towards your fellow man is not a battle that can be won. I pray that the voters in this debate hear the sense that I am speaking, and at the very least open up to the idea that Islam may be something different than what they realize.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 6:53:01 PM
At 8/22/2015 6:34:40 PM, uncung wrote:
Yes, Islam is harmful to the disbelievers and the sinners.

The entirety of the Surah titled "The Disbelievers"

Say, "O disbelievers, I do not worship what you worship. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 8:13:01 PM
It's repeated throughout the entire Qur'an that the whole of religion is to love God and do good deeds. The Qur'an claims that that prophets have been sent to all nations with this same message of True Religion.

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." ~From the 2nd Surrah

The entire 98th surrah

"Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, were not going to depart (from their ways) until there should come to them Clear Evidence,- A messenger from Allah, rehearsing scriptures kept pure and holy: Wherein are laws (or decrees) right and straight.

Nor did the People of the Book make schisms, until after there came to them Clear Evidence. And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith); to establish regular prayer; and to practise regular charity; and that is the Religion Right and Straight.

Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures. Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures.

Their reward is with Allah: Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein for ever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher."

UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 8:19:45 PM
I gotta say though, it's really obvious that the commonly available translations are not done by people who speak native English. They are so very clunky.

To those who are interested in reading the Qur'an in a translation that I myself can personally endorse as a native English speaker, I'd recommend "The Holy Qur'an in Today's English" as translated by Yahiya Emerick.

If anyone finds this translation online, I'd really appreciate to know where it is. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, so copy and paste is a lot more preferable to me than typing.

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2015 5:25:29 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:33:34 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

I have a debate that is been in the voting phase for a few days without any votes, so I'm wondering if anyone would care to give it a look.

In order to create discussion, I will post my final round of the debate here to discuss.

~~~~

Large scale Islamic belief is not harmful to society. Islamic belief has nothing to do with following man made religion. It has to do with accepting reality and keeping yourself in line with reality. It has to do with being kind and respectful to others.

Belief in Islam does not imply the regulating of other people's lives. Belief in Islam does not imply the acceptance of a man's authority because they claim to be a religious teacher. Belief in Islam does not imply the inability to live in a society that is non-Muslim. Belief in Islam does not imply the mistreatment of anyone. The Qur'an teaches that Truth is God, and that everyone has their own relationship with God. The Qur'an teaches that we should humble ourselves and realize how Allah is The Lord of All Worlds.

That is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon other than Him is falsehood. If you understand the scriptures, you will not commit the idolatry of scripture. You will not associate anything with The Ultimate or Highest Reality, which is Allah or God. You will not mistake a man for God. The same realization can be achieved by studying The Bible, and The Qur'an acknowledges this. The Qur'an says that The Truth has messengers in All Nations. The Qur'an itself, even in Arabic is a translation of Highest Truth. The Living Word of God is there for everyone to communicate with. It is a personal relationship with The Highest Truth, and it is through diligent prayer, the cleansing of what clouds our discernment, and the acceptance and love for The Truth that we can draw closer to this. Islam is about loving Reality, Truth, and all of Creation which is made in the Image of God. The Qur'an not only acknowledges the message of Jesus and Christianity, but claims that God has sent apostles to All Nations. One of the things that the Qur'an stands up for is the free exercise of religion, and this is based both on how Mohammed governed and on the revelation that God has sent prophets, messengers, and apostles to All Nations. All of this I am saying is PLAINLY written in The Qur'an as translated by The Prophet Mohammed.

I must reiterate the meaning of the word "Islam", which commonly gets translated as "submission". You have to understand that the type of "submission" that is really being described is "acceptance". Specifically, "Acceptance of God", which is described very clearly in Mohammed's translation of The Qur'an as being That Which is Ultimately Real, the same God acknowledged by Moses when he gave The Name, "I Am That I Am", which can also be translated as "The Way Things Are" or "What Is". This is the same message described by Buddha through The Noble Eightfold Path, when you realize the core of the entire Path is to accept things as they truly are, being "right" or "correct'. Allah as described through Mohammed's translation of The Holy Qur'an is very clearly "The Way and It's Virtue" as described in Taoist writings. The writings of the philosophers of Eastern Asia, be them Zen, Taoist, or even Hindu, all testify of this Highest Aspiration. This is the same as Allah, The Reality. Allah is the Arabic word for "God". In Arabic speaking countries, Christians and Jews alike refer to God as "Allah". The point being, Islam is not about enforcing your own understanding of things on other people. Islam is about accepting the world for what it is. It is about respecting the sovereignty of God, and how people have been made to look at things in a multitude of ways. The Word as translated by The Prophet Mohammed says that we should be agents of peace and good will, and that governments are put in place by the will of God, and we should honor our obligations to them. These are not the teachings of a way of life that is harmful for society. Indeed, this way of thinking is conducive to actually getting things done in a peaceful manner while respecting the sovereignty that God has put in place. However, our highest allegiance is always to what is True and Merciful. This is the same way of life as encouraged by scripture universally.

To embody the way of life described as "Islam" in The Holy Qur'an is to be someone who loves truth above all things, treats those who love truth above all things as family, and is merciful towards those who have not the sense to accept reality. It would be patently ridiculous to say that a man who embodies this ideal would be harmful to society. Therefore, it is obvious that any harm inflicted on society from a self identified "Muslim" would not necessarily be a reflection of what it means to be a Muslim.

I have cited many sources, and I hope that the voters understand that it is my intent to communicate the message of Islam as I have interpreted it through my own diligent study of The Qur'an, The Hadith, and the interpretations of many theologians. I believe that it is misleading to single out a passage out of context to make a point, and have faith that anyone who actually cares to understand what they are reading will see what is true for themselves.

The high end estimate for how many recognized Muslims in the world is 23.4%. If we are to work towards peace on Earth, we can not alienate a quarter of the human population by making Islam an enemy. We have to communicate with Muslims, and we are not going to be able to do this unless we understand where they are coming from. There are a lot of forces that play into why things are the way they are in the world, and pinning it down on a way of life that exalts Truth, Acceptance of Reality, and Love towards your fellow man is not a battle that can be won. I pray that the voters in this debate hear the sense that I am speaking, and at the very least open up to the idea that Islam may be something different than what they realize.

Unless they are waging militant jihad, silent jihad, taquiya, or Sharia Law. Otherwise it is "The religion of peace". Oh...don't forget death sentences to apostates, adulterers, homosexuals and midgets.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 7:47:56 PM
At 10/2/2015 5:25:29 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Unless they are waging militant jihad, silent jihad, taquiya, or Sharia Law. Otherwise it is "The religion of peace". Oh...don't forget death sentences to apostates, adulterers, homosexuals and midgets.

Militant Jihad states that you are forgiven for fighting in the cause of self defense or defense of the community. It should be understood that word Jihad means "struggle" or "perseverance", and that being so can be used in conjunction with many different concepts. The Qur'an states that military violence as a means to defend against violent persecution is forgiven.

Silent Jihad would be the inner struggle one has with God, and striving to be more in line with Highest Reality. It would be to apply oneself to sincerity of faith, charity, and persevering in one's worship of The Lord of All Worlds.

Taquiya states that you are forgiven for lying about your faith if it means saving your life or escaping persecution.

The government enforcement of Sharia Law is not an integral part of Islam. Sharia Law has to do with human governments, judges, and legislators figuring things out, and is not some codified unquestionable source of doctrine.

Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 9:25:56 PM
At 8/22/2015 5:33:34 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

~~~~

I am with Sam Harris on this.

Those who seem to be able to extract the fact that some Muslims commit the atrocious acts that they're able to commit from Islam itself are being disingenuous. A religion which states that apostates must be killed is morally defunct, in which case it's in good company of Christianity.

That said, muslins should be able to practice their religion with complete freedom everywhere in the world, the West included. But they should expect that same freedom to be extended to those who criticize Islam.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 12:44:15 AM
At 10/4/2015 9:25:56 PM, Hitchian wrote:

Those who seem to be able to extract the fact that some Muslims commit the atrocious acts that they're able to commit from Islam itself are being disingenuous. A religion which states that apostates must be killed is morally defunct, in which case it's in good company of Christianity.

That said, muslins should be able to practice their religion with complete freedom everywhere in the world, the West included. But they should expect that same freedom to be extended to those who criticize Islam.

You don't even know what it means to criticize Islam or to commit apostasy. Show me your scriptural basis for killing apostates, and I will show you where you have been mislead.

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:58:37 AM
At 10/5/2015 12:44:15 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

You don't even know what it means to criticize Islam or to commit apostasy. Show me your scriptural basis for killing apostates, and I will show you where you have been mislead.

Dude just stop ... all organized religion is in some way harmful to society. All you need is one person that has some sort of mental problems. Tell him/her they are going to hell. Give it a week, in which time they are sitting at home tormented by the idea... and finally, decide to go out and kill... No perfect creator took this into account ... bc psychology, sociology, neurology, etc... was not on the minds of the humans that wrote said religion. It's all man made ... not that it gives it any less spiritual weight, but it is by fallible humans.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:09:05 PM
At 10/5/2015 3:58:37 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Dude just stop ... all organized religion is in some way harmful to society. All you need is one person that has some sort of mental problems. Tell him/her they are going to hell. Give it a week, in which time they are sitting at home tormented by the idea... and finally, decide to go out and kill... No perfect creator took this into account ... bc psychology, sociology, neurology, etc... was not on the minds of the humans that wrote said religion. It's all man made ... not that it gives it any less spiritual weight, but it is by fallible humans.

Islam means submission or acceptance of God, not submission to an entity called "Islam".

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 8:21:00 PM
At 10/6/2015 7:09:05 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Islam means submission or acceptance of God, not submission to an entity called "Islam".

So... if that is all that is needed then why even have a Quaran? Why have a holy book at all? It sounds like to me just keeping current on philosophy and good morals is all that one needs; which can be authored by anyone today. Also, why say you are Muslim? Why can it not just be said that you are spiritual and believe in a god? The way you are explaining it sounds like to me the organization is not needed; in which i would be happy and have a deeper respect for this religion. Actually i originally did have respect for the religion bc i thought that is all it meant also being grown in a Muslim family; that is how my fam looked at it too, but they said they were spiritual and hated everything that had to do with the organization called Islam ... i just feel that this way of looking at it is the minority. Or, am i wrong?
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 8:56:50 PM
At 10/6/2015 8:21:00 PM, Outplayz wrote:

So... if that is all that is needed then why even have a Quaran? Why have a holy book at all? It sounds like to me just keeping current on philosophy and good morals is all that one needs; which can be authored by anyone today. Also, why say you are Muslim? Why can it not just be said that you are spiritual and believe in a god? The way you are explaining it sounds like to me the organization is not needed; in which i would be happy and have a deeper respect for this religion. Actually i originally did have respect for the religion bc i thought that is all it meant also being grown in a Muslim family; that is how my fam looked at it too, but they said they were spiritual and hated everything that had to do with the organization called Islam ... i just feel that this way of looking at it is the minority. Or, am i wrong?

Preservation of scripture is a pretty good service that organized religion tends to perform.

Truly, Mohammed was a prophet, but it is a huge mistake to elevate the Qur'an into something idolatrous before God. The Qur'an is creation, and God is Uncreated.

No, it isn't about worshiping man or institution. It's about God.

The way of life as described in the Qur'an is the same as revealed by the prophets sent to all nations. Sincerity of Faith with a love of Ultimate Truth and Reality above all things, and practicing charity and forgiveness to others.

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 11:29:16 PM
At 10/6/2015 8:56:50 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Preservation of scripture is a pretty good service that organized religion tends to perform.

Truly, Mohammed was a prophet, but it is a huge mistake to elevate the Qur'an into something idolatrous before God. The Qur'an is creation, and God is Uncreated.

The way of life as described in the Qur'an is the same as revealed by the prophets sent to all nations. Sincerity of Faith with a love of Ultimate Truth and Reality above all things, and practicing charity and forgiveness to others.

Now... don't get me wrong bc i respect the way you have faith. You have made yourself knowledgeable in your faith and found its beauty. You have used the words, of who you call prophet, to make good morals for yourself and others that believe like you. You found found ways of love, kindness, forgiveness, trust in a higher power, and other kind acts from your book. You have associated this book with god, and ultimately love this god for bringing forth such beauty.

Now... i challenge you to tell me i am wrong. I may sound like a child here and after, but i am serious bc this is how i believe. My prophets are those who created fantasy: Stan Lee, . J.K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien; creators of anime, vampires, and other myths and fantasies published for us to see or read (yes, i am saying fairies and santa claus could be real if i decide it to be). I have found power from this. I have found my ways of love, kindness, forgiveness, being a hero, being a good person; from reading or watching this material. I have even formed many ideas of what i would find to be a euphoric paradise from associating with these books/visual art. I have learned that i am the god of my world bc i do not have to associate with your stories; which means, i have no association with your ideas or beliefs. Again i am not trying to insult, just make a point... I know of a path that will make me happy. Now this path not only gives me the option to create my own beautiful paradise, it also tells me that i am in power of myself. I judge myself, i am accountable for my own actions. I can either create a "heaven" or "hell" in this world or the next... it is my option to do so. This tells me that i will always be me... the person who matters the most. Not only is this good for the fantasy, it also makes me know that i am powerful here bc i am in control. So, my god is me, and my afterlife is learned from the prophets and gods of their universe. I just choose to follow them bc i do not enjoy what religions teach... i find their morality a bit dated; border line harmful to society. Which of course is subjective to me. I am not saying you have to believe in what i have said... i am saying i don't have to believe what you have said; and i'll be fine. The implications in what i've said should be interesting to you if you, in fact, have an open mind. Not only an open mind, but acceptance and love.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 12:48:13 PM
At 10/6/2015 11:29:16 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Now... don't get me wrong bc i respect the way you have faith. You have made yourself knowledgeable in your faith and found its beauty. You have used the words, of who you call prophet, to make good morals for yourself and others that believe like you. You found found ways of love, kindness, forgiveness, trust in a higher power, and other kind acts from your book. You have associated this book with god, and ultimately love this god for bringing forth such beauty.

Now... i challenge you to tell me i am wrong. I may sound like a child here and after, but i am serious bc this is how i believe. My prophets are those who created fantasy: Stan Lee, . J.K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien; creators of anime, vampires, and other myths and fantasies published for us to see or read (yes, i am saying fairies and santa claus could be real if i decide it to be). I have found power from this. I have found my ways of love, kindness, forgiveness, being a hero, being a good person; from reading or watching this material. I have even formed many ideas of what i would find to be a euphoric paradise from associating with these books/visual art. I have learned that i am the god of my world bc i do not have to associate with your stories; which means, i have no association with your ideas or beliefs. Again i am not trying to insult, just make a point... I know of a path that will make me happy. Now this path not only gives me the option to create my own beautiful paradise, it also tells me that i am in power of myself. I judge myself, i am accountable for my own actions. I can either create a "heaven" or "hell" in this world or the next... it is my option to do so. This tells me that i will always be me... the person who matters the most. Not only is this good for the fantasy, it also makes me know that i am powerful here bc i am in control. So, my god is me, and my afterlife is learned from the prophets and gods of their universe. I just choose to follow them bc i do not enjoy what religions teach... i find their morality a bit dated; border line harmful to society. Which of course is subjective to me. I am not saying you have to believe in what i have said... i am saying i don't have to believe what you have said; and i'll be fine. The implications in what i've said should be interesting to you if you, in fact, have an open mind. Not only an open mind, but acceptance and love.

Evidently, if you choose your beliefs based on whether or not you like them or not, you aren't judging with a pure heart. Honest people don't choose their beliefs.

Self worship is Satanism, which is a form of paganism, or worshiping created things. You may appear to have some measure of control or power, but if you are honest it should be apparent that there is a Lord of All Worlds who even you yourself are subject to.

This is just the truth of the matter, and it has nothing to do with whether or not I am practicing acceptance or Love. Really, in all truth, society is doing a very fine job pushing this manner of thinking on people. If you are sincere, eventually you will grow out of these things, and hopefully a deeper respect for The Truth.

Really though, the love of an impure heart is not like the love of a pure heart.

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 9:26:32 PM
At 10/7/2015 12:48:13 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Evidently, if you choose your beliefs based on whether or not you like them or not, you aren't judging with a pure heart. Honest people don't choose their beliefs.

I know i have chosen with the purest heart. I have gone through multiple hells and back, and haven't come to what i believe easily and without thought. However, it is this evolution of thought that has made me strong, but not only me, the ones i can help find out what they love as well.

Self worship is Satanism, which is a form of paganism, or worshiping created things. You may appear to have some measure of control or power, but if you are honest it should be apparent that there is a Lord of All Worlds who even you yourself are subject to.

So, the way i believe gives me a sense of freedom and power, makes me accountable for myself, and gives me the imagination to be hopeful. I can talk to people about it and have fun, and so can they. It not only gives me these hopes but others as well... it makes talking about spirituality open again since everyone can talk about their differences.

However, with your religion people fear to talk about it, some find the outcome to be hell, people aren't as accountable as they would be knowing that they are in full charge of their actions. I am actually going to stop bc in my heart i do not believe you are absolutely incorrect in your thinking... however, coincidentally i find your way of belief to be satanic as well... i know i don't want it. But, only 1 of us out of 2 can respect the others belief. I will gladly be called Lucifer if it makes me that 1.

This is just the truth of the matter, and it has nothing to do with whether or not I am practicing acceptance or Love. Really, in all truth, society is doing a very fine job pushing this manner of thinking on people. If you are sincere, eventually you will grow out of these things, and hopefully a deeper respect for The Truth.

I have aged and grew out of religion... i don't think i am going back to this corrupt organization. Quite actually, the opposite. You are the first theist to final say what others feel toward my line of reasoning (satanic); in which, i have found my character.

Really though, the love of an impure heart is not like the love of a pure heart.

Then your god (to me) is the impurest heart i can come to... in which, even though mine may not be as pure as others, it is the purest to me.

Theists are lost. They are blinded by the greed of men. Theist are the furthest from spiritual than others (including atheists) i have spoken to. Why? Bc they think their organization is the only right word... This will fade to the winds, trust me.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 2:48:50 AM
At 10/10/2015 9:26:32 PM, Outplayz wrote:

I know i have chosen with the purest heart. I have gone through multiple hells and back, and haven't come to what i believe easily and without thought. However, it is this evolution of thought that has made me strong, but not only me, the ones i can help find out what they love as well.

So, the way i believe gives me a sense of freedom and power, makes me accountable for myself, and gives me the imagination to be hopeful. I can talk to people about it and have fun, and so can they. It not only gives me these hopes but others as well... it makes talking about spirituality open again since everyone can talk about their differences.

However, with your religion people fear to talk about it, some find the outcome to be hell, people aren't as accountable as they would be knowing that they are in full charge of their actions. I am actually going to stop bc in my heart i do not believe you are absolutely incorrect in your thinking... however, coincidentally i find your way of belief to be satanic as well... i know i don't want it. But, only 1 of us out of 2 can respect the others belief. I will gladly be called Lucifer if it makes me that 1.

I have aged and grew out of religion... i don't think i am going back to this corrupt organization. Quite actually, the opposite. You are the first theist to final say what others feel toward my line of reasoning (satanic); in which, i have found my character.

Then your god (to me) is the impurest heart i can come to... in which, even though mine may not be as pure as others, it is the purest to me.

Theists are lost. They are blinded by the greed of men. Theist are the furthest from spiritual than others (including atheists) i have spoken to. Why? Bc they think their organization is the only right word... This will fade to the winds, trust me.

Truly the fall of man happened the moment he took himself to be the rightful judge of Good and Evil.

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 3:41:56 AM
Islam isn't harmful to society...
Cough...bs...cough cough...
How could it possibly be helpful to society? Islam will fail more and more if Muslims ever become educated on anything other than their psychopathic religion. Islamic Law is so abhorrable that it is not even worth an adult conversation. At some place, common sense, reason, and basic morality must take hold. If Islam does not accept rational human logic, it is an epic fail.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 3:46:50 AM
We have to ask why Islam seems to provoke at most rage and at least anxiety wherever it is a minority religion. The basic problem with it is that it is a political force that has no understanding of the separation of church and state. Christianity finally figured it out and now, despite the evil within the upper echelons of the Catholic Church, is fairly benign and quite charitable. Islam breeds far too many Islamists who believe in converting the world to their virulent 7th century hellish worldview, whether by stealth and when numbers suffice, by force. Too many so called moderates don't speak out and when they do they are shouted down or threatened. Basically Islam is NOT compatible with western democracies. Unfortunately the west, particularly Europe has basically self destructed with their political correctness which has seen them change their societies to accommodate Muslim demands, and in the process, losing their backbones. This has emboldened Islam and victory is in site as there are now close to 50 million Muslims in Europe. Canada's Prime Minister Harper is one of the few western leaders to call Islamic terrorism the biggest threat to the world. What he really means is Islam....period. No other religions cause trouble in western society-only Islam....only Islam.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 4:04:19 AM
At 10/11/2015 3:46:50 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
We have to ask why Islam seems to provoke at most rage and at least anxiety wherever it is a minority religion. The basic problem with it is that it is a political force that has no understanding of the separation of church and state. Christianity finally figured it out and now, despite the evil within the upper echelons of the Catholic Church, is fairly benign and quite charitable. Islam breeds far too many Islamists who believe in converting the world to their virulent 7th century hellish worldview, whether by stealth and when numbers suffice, by force. Too many so called moderates don't speak out and when they do they are shouted down or threatened. Basically Islam is NOT compatible with western democracies. Unfortunately the west, particularly Europe has basically self destructed with their political correctness which has seen them change their societies to accommodate Muslim demands, and in the process, losing their backbones. This has emboldened Islam and victory is in site as there are now close to 50 million Muslims in Europe. Canada's Prime Minister Harper is one of the few western leaders to call Islamic terrorism the biggest threat to the world. What he really means is Islam....period. No other religions cause trouble in western society-only Islam....only Islam.

Don't say that too loud. Alah will get you with his lightening bolt. Superstition says that Allah pees from Heaven on those who mock him. :-/
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:45:20 AM
At 10/11/2015 2:48:50 AM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Truly the fall of man happened the moment he took himself to be the rightful judge of Good and Evil.

No... the fall of man happened when they enslaved themselves to others. They gave up their power; willingly. We are all powerful... no one is in charge other than yourself. You build who you are... follow what you must to get there, yet i will do everything in my power to wake people up to creativity... realization that you can be as powerful as you want. Id rather die thinking i was in charge of everything; that i am accountable for all my actions. And, if i never wake up again after death... i know i lived and ruled my own "paradise" here. If i happen to wake up again, my epic thoughts will rule; king of the universe that will be blessed to have me.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 1:46:02 PM
At 10/14/2015 5:45:20 AM, Outplayz wrote:

No... the fall of man happened when they enslaved themselves to others. They gave up their power; willingly. We are all powerful... no one is in charge other than yourself. You build who you are... follow what you must to get there, yet i will do everything in my power to wake people up to creativity... realization that you can be as powerful as you want. Id rather die thinking i was in charge of everything; that i am accountable for all my actions. And, if i never wake up again after death... i know i lived and ruled my own "paradise" here. If i happen to wake up again, my epic thoughts will rule; king of the universe that will be blessed to have me.

Yet with all your power and might, all your efforts, you couldn't even create a mosquito. You believe you can overpower God? Are you so foolish? Do you not realize that all powers you have been granted were granted by God?

Surely, one day you will see how pride goes before a fall.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 1:49:35 PM
At 10/14/2015 1:46:02 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

Yet with all your power and might, all your efforts, you couldn't even create a mosquito. You believe you can overpower God? Are you so foolish? Do you not realize that all powers you have been granted were granted by God?

But man created god.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 9:20:57 PM
At 10/14/2015 1:46:02 PM, UniversalTheologian wrote:

No... the fall of man happened when they enslaved themselves to others. They gave up their power; willingly.

No... bc i am not a creator; just like in this life... but, i bet i can play the drums better than most "gods." Everyone has their role here and after. All the power i have here has been in a way granted by god; which is me. I will live this life to my full capacity to reach the destiny i want out of this experience.

This isn't pride... it is accepting what i am. Actually, it is the least prideful option... i know i punish myself or rise myself... it is all in my hands. Yet, don't forget... if i am this powerful being i speak of, so is everyone else. This is where humility and respect play a factor; again, just like in this life. Here is where pride plays a factor; religion. Why? Bc i can accept and respect (with a pure heart) everyone; religion can't.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 10:00:37 PM
At 10/14/2015 9:20:57 PM, Outplayz wrote:

This isn't pride... it is accepting what i am. Actually, it is the least prideful option... i know i punish myself or rise myself... it is all in my hands. Yet, don't forget... if i am this powerful being i speak of, so is everyone else. This is where humility and respect play a factor; again, just like in this life. Here is where pride plays a factor; religion. Why? Bc i can accept and respect (with a pure heart) everyone; religion can't.

- Seriously, how old are you?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 11:02:03 PM
At 10/14/2015 10:00:37 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 10/14/2015 9:20:57 PM, Outplayz wrote:

- Seriously, how old are you?

My age is on my account publicly; you can see it when you click on my username. Is that sufficient directions?

If you have an opinion on what i am saying you can give it without setting me up as less intelligent; a child. These are my opinions and you know what; i can back them up. If you'd like me to clarify ask me a question. If you see something that makes no sense, tell me... i can answer you.

I know you are religious, i know you believe in what you do... however, you will never sway me from looking at you as another role, human; that has decided to believe in literature made for belief. I do not differ from what you find to believe; i differ from religious text... it is all man made in my eyes, by gods of their world. You can chose to find your piece with their words; i have nothing against that, but its dominion will fade... i will help it to fade. We are all powerful and can choose the definition we give to "paradise."
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 11:05:51 PM
At 10/14/2015 11:02:03 PM, Outplayz wrote:

My age is on my account publicly; you can see it when you click on my username. Is that sufficient directions?

- Most members don't display their real age!

If you have an opinion on what i am saying you can give it without setting me up as less intelligent; a child. These are my opinions and you know what; i can back them up. If you'd like me to clarify ask me a question. If you see something that makes no sense, tell me... i can answer you.

I know you are religious, i know you believe in what you do... however, you will never sway me from looking at you as another role, human; that has decided to believe in literature made for belief. I do not differ from what you find to believe; i differ from religious text... it is all man made in my eyes, by gods of their world. You can chose to find your piece with their words; i have nothing against that, but its dominion will fade... i will help it to fade. We are all powerful and can choose the definition we give to "paradise."

- Imagine you crossed the street, & a bus hit you dead. How powerful will you be then?
Current Debates:

Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 11:13:16 PM
At 10/14/2015 11:05:51 PM, Yassine wrote:

- Imagine you crossed the street, & a bus hit you dead. How powerful will you be then?

Four things can happen: 1) I die and everything i am is erased from this world; to rest forever. 2) I can open my eyes again, in pure darkness screaming for another soul to hear me. 3) I will be heard and realize that i am still me; however, it will be the time my wings will stretch their strength...Why? Bc i see them now, black and white, with a hint of dark dust and diamond eyes. If i were to open my eyes again, i would be content with who i am... and, i would look for the next mortal experience to live. 4) It's a surprise.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 11:38:35 PM

This statement gets to me in another way as well... i do not think of this kind of weakness. Yes, a comet can hit the world, world war, a gangster, a something... What if's are many... yet, there is my power; i am stronger than those thoughts. Why? Bc i know i am living my best; knowing that i am powerful here. If a "what if" happens... i will die knowing that i was powerful. Everything i did, i did with a pure heart...that i am accountable for the character i have built. If this character happens to wake up after death... it will be the same optimistic being.

At least that is my hope and i a see nothing wrong with it. Anyone can be this, but not everyone. You have to say F feelings and accept yourself... What is your mission in this paradise? Work for it knowing you are strong. This is the hope that needs to be preached... Everyone is accountable for the character they make (or the characters they influence). And, paradise will be through their eyes. If we meet again, we will be the same characters with different rules; or maybe the same... it is all up to you.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 11:58:32 PM
At 10/14/2015 11:38:35 PM, Outplayz wrote:

This statement gets to me in another way as well... i do not think of this kind of weakness. Yes, a comet can hit the world, world war, a gangster, a something... What if's are many... yet, there is my power; i am stronger than those thoughts. Why? Bc i know i am living my best; knowing that i am powerful here. If a "what if" happens... i will die knowing that i was powerful. Everything i did, i did with a pure heart...that i am accountable for the character i have built. If this character happens to wake up after death... it will be the same optimistic being.

At least that is my hope and i a see nothing wrong with it. Anyone can be this, but not everyone. You have to say F feelings and accept yourself... What is your mission in this paradise? Work for it knowing you are strong. This is the hope that needs to be preached... Everyone is accountable for the character they make (or the characters they influence). And, paradise will be through their eyes. If we meet again, we will be the same characters with different rules; or maybe the same... it is all up to you.

- This doesn't answer my question. You seem to be confusing real life with something else.
Current Debates: