Is the Bible special?

Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 8:31:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Revelation 12:6 (KJV)
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND THREESCORE days.

12:6[0] = 1260

Matthew 27:3 (KJV)
3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the THIRTY pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

27 + 3 = THIRTY

Leviticus 27:30 (KJV)
30 And all the TITHE of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.

27 / 30 = Nine Tenths or inversely a TITHE or 10%
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 8:43:51 PM
At 8/22/2015 8:31:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND THREESCORE days.

3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the THIRTY pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

27 + 3 = THIRTY

30 And all the TITHE of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.

This is some bad reasoning.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 8:48:59 PM
Tstor said: "This is some bad reasoning."

Jikpamu: "Why?"

Matthew 13:11 (KJV)
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

13 + 11 = 24 "Mysteries"

Matthew 13:35 (KJV)
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in PARABLES; I will utter things which have been kept SECRET from the foundation of the world.

13 + 35 = 48 /2 = 24 "Parables" "Secret"

Matthew 13:58 (KJV)
58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their UNBELIEF.

*Matthew 13 ends with Verse 58 = 13 + 58 = 71 (1 Short of 72 / 3 = 24) so "Unbelief"
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:06:06 PM
At 8/22/2015 8:48:59 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

Because let's reason for a moment. These are the verses you used:
1) Revelation 12:6 (AD 95)
Why did you combine the 12 and 6? Why did you add a 0 rather than leave it at 126? Why did you not add 12 + 6?

2) Matthew 27:3 (AD 60-75)
Why did you add 27 + 3? Why did you not combine them as you did with 12:6 to get 273? Why did you not combine them and add a zero to get 2730?

3) Leviticus 27:30 (1445-1444 BCE)
Why did you divide? Why did you not add them together like you did with 27:3? Why did you not combine them like you did with 12:6?

Your reasoning is so flawed. You picked three verses out of the entire Bible and you manipulated them to fit your equation. Not to mention, this does not prove that the Bible is 'special'.

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

13 + 11 = 24 "Mysteries"
Why did you pick this verse? Why did you add and not divide? Why did you not combine the numbers? Why didn't you subtract or multiply?

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in PARABLES; I will utter things which have been kept SECRET from the foundation of the world.

Why did you pick this verse? Why did you add and not divide? Why did you not combine the numbers? Why didn't you subtract or multiply? Why did you divide by two and not three?

*Matthew 13 ends with Verse 58 = 13 + 58 = 71 (1 Short of 72 / 3 = 24) so "Unbelief"
So now you are going to take 71 and make it 72 in order to fit your equation?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:15:35 PM
At 8/22/2015 9:06:06 PM, tstor wrote:
At 8/22/2015 8:48:59 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

Why did you combine the 12 and 6? Why did you add a 0 rather than leave it at 126? Why did you not add 12 + 6?

It was logical to combine 12 and 6 looking at the numbers visually.

Why did you add 27 + 3? Why did you not combine them as you did with 12:6 to get 273? Why did you not combine them and add a zero to get 2730?

Reasoning tells me to add to get THIRTY in this case.

Why did you divide? Why did you not add them together like you did with 27:3? Why did you not combine them like you did with 12:6?

Reasoning tells me that 27 is nine tenths of 30 and the difference is 10% or a TITHE.

Your reasoning is so flawed. You picked three verses out of the entire Bible and you manipulated them to fit your equation. Not to mention, this does not prove that the Bible is 'special'.

13 + 11 = 24 "Mysteries"
Why did you pick this verse? Why did you add and not divide? Why did you not combine the numbers? Why didn't you subtract or multiply?

Why did you pick this verse? Why did you add and not divide? Why did you not combine the numbers? Why didn't you subtract or multiply? Why did you divide by two and not three?

Simple reasoning and math in Matthew Chapter 13.

This is the process of noticing patterns and figuring out puzzles for that matter. Putting the pieces of the puzzle together to find out secrets in this case in the Bible.
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:18:00 PM
Not all puzzles are the same. Not all secrets derived from the Bible are the same. You cannot use the same algorithim to decipher every form of encryption or secret out there.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:20:55 PM
At 8/22/2015 9:15:35 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

It was logical to combine 12 and 6 looking at the numbers visually.
Why was it logical to not only combine them, but to add a 0?

Reasoning tells me to add to get THIRTY in this case.
What reasoning? Is the 'reasoning' a specific outcome that you are looking to get?

Reasoning tells me that 27 is nine tenths of 30 and the difference is 10% or a TITHE.
What reasoning? Is the 'reasoning' a specific outcome that you are looking to get?

13 + 11 = 24 "Mysteries"

Simple reasoning and math in Matthew Chapter 13.

This is the process of noticing patterns and figuring out puzzles for that matter. Putting the pieces of the puzzle together to find out secrets in this case in the Bible.
There are no puzzles or secrets. They are just verse numbers. The only reason that you added, divided, combined, or even made up numbers (such as 1260 or 72) is to get a specific outcome that you had in mind.
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:39:53 PM
There are no secrets in the Bible? Bible Math is not that special?

It's called noticing patterns across the Bible.

For example: 17 being atmosphere, sky, or heaven

Genesis 1:7 (KJV)
7 And God made the FIRMAMENT, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

*Looking at "1:7" visually or 17 for "Firmament"

Matthew 16:1 (KJV)
1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from HEAVEN.

*Adding 16 + 1 = 17 to get "Heaven"

2 Thessalonians 1:7 (KJV)
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from HEAVEN with his mighty angels,

*Visually 1:7 or 17 to get "Heaven"

Revelation 1:7 (KJV)
7 Behold, he cometh with CLOUDS; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

*Visually 1:7 or 17 to get "Clouds"

You will NOT notice these patterns in every instance but they happen just often enough to establish a trend or pattern
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 10:17:49 PM
At 8/22/2015 9:39:53 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
There are no secrets in the Bible? Bible Math is not that special?

It's called noticing patterns across the Bible.

For example: 17 being atmosphere, sky, or heaven

Genesis 1:7 (KJV)
7 And God made the FIRMAMENT, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

*Looking at "1:7" visually or 17 for "Firmament"

Matthew 16:1 (KJV)
1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from HEAVEN.

*Adding 16 + 1 = 17 to get "Heaven"

2 Thessalonians 1:7 (KJV)
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from HEAVEN with his mighty angels,

*Visually 1:7 or 17 to get "Heaven"

Revelation 1:7 (KJV)
7 Behold, he cometh with CLOUDS; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

*Visually 1:7 or 17 to get "Clouds"

You will NOT notice these patterns in every instance but they happen just often enough to establish a trend or pattern
If this genuinely confirms your faith in the Bible, then more power to you.
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 10:34:05 PM
Tstor said: "If this genuinely confirms your faith in the Bible, then more power to you."

Jikpamu replies: "Amen"

Isaiah 9:10 (KJV)
10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

9:10 = bricks and sycomores

Ecclesiastes 10:9 (KJV)
9 Whoso removeth stones shall be hurt therewith; and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby.

10:9 = stones and wood
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 11:37:54 AM
The Bible is special to Christians and each religion has its own holy books . Books are wonderful but if they are non- fiction they date as time passes.
Nobody today would dream of reading a chemistry book writen in 1920. The Bible has much to teach us but we need to be selective and critical.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:29:08 PM
At 8/23/2015 11:37:54 AM, fromantle wrote:
The Bible is special to Christians and each religion has its own holy books . Books are wonderful but if they are non- fiction they date as time passes.
Nobody today would dream of reading a chemistry book writen in 1920. The Bible has much to teach us but we need to be selective and critical.

There are some sensible things in the Bible, but much of it is fantasy and reflects the times in which it was written.
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 1:09:48 PM
At 8/23/2015 12:29:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:

There are some sensible things in the Bible, but much of it is fantasy and reflects the times in which it was written.

Base 36 = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A[10],B,C,D[13],E,F,G,H,I[18],J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z[35]

Revelation 13:18 (KJV) *Notice D = 13 and I = 18
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

666 = Mark of the Beast or the ID of the Beast
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 1:25:35 PM
At 8/23/2015 1:09:48 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 8/23/2015 12:29:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:

Base 36 = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A[10],B,C,D[13],E,F,G,H,I[18],J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z[35]

Revelation 13:18 (KJV) *Notice D = 13 and I = 18
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

666 = Mark of the Beast or the ID of the Beast

Daft fantasy!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:23:52 PM
This is... Well, so such an unusual case of wish fulfilment among bible believers. Let me ask you this. Since the numbers of the chapters of the bible weren't added until it was canonised, and the verses weren't added until a couple hundred years later, does this affect your belief in this in any way?
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:33:40 PM
At 8/23/2015 2:23:52 PM, TBR wrote:
This is... Well, so such an unusual case of wish fulfilment among bible believers. Let me ask you this. Since the numbers of the chapters of the bible weren't added until it was canonised, and the verses weren't added until a couple hundred years later, does this affect your belief in this in any way?

Revelation 13:18 (KJV)

*Revelation 13:18 in the KJV has 31 words. 13 + 18 = 31. "Number of the beast" and "Number of a man" = Man and Beast were both created on the 6th day (666) which is mentioned in Genesis Chapter 1 which contains 31 verses.

Do you still think the Bible is not amazing?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:36:06 PM
At 8/22/2015 8:31:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

27 + 3 = THIRTY

Of course it is special, it is Jehovah's message to all who will listen.

It tells all we really need to know to enjoy eternal life on a paradise earth, as was the original plan, and will be returned to it's proper course soon.

Have you learned the lessons the Law was intended to teach us?

If you have you will know how vital the sacrifice performed by the Christ, the Messiah, Jehovah's only begotten son incarnate.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:46:15 PM

*Revelation 13:18 in the KJV has 31 words. 13 + 18 = 31. "Number of the beast" and "Number of a man" = Man and Beast were both created on the 6th day (666) which is mentioned in Genesis Chapter 1 which contains 31 verses.

No. No I don't. Can you try answering my question?
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:53:57 PM
At 8/23/2015 2:46:15 PM, TBR wrote:

Using Base 36 values = 0 - 9, A[10] - Z[35], if you take the values of each of the first letters of the 31 words in Revelation 13:18 (KJV) and add them you get:

648...if you divide 648 by Verse 18 you get 36...the sum of numbers from 1 to 36 is 666.

If you take 666 and divide by Verse 18 you get 37 or "73" or "1973" the year Roe v Wade was made legal

*Still think the Bible is not prophetic or amazing?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 3:11:51 PM

Using Base 36 values = 0 - 9, A[10] - Z[35], if you take the values of each of the first letters of the 31 words in Revelation 13:18 (KJV) and add them you get:

648...if you divide 648 by Verse 18 you get 36...the sum of numbers from 1 to 36 is 666.

If you take 666 and divide by Verse 18 you get 37 or "73" or "1973" the year Roe v Wade was made legal

I have to presume you are just trolling at this point. If not, I ask one more time to attempt to answer the question I asked.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 3:30:37 PM

OK. I looked at your profile and I don't think you are trolling. So... well, lets look at this last bit of lunacy. I presume you are using english translations of the bible for your last calculation, right? Forget for a moment the bizarre twists you have to use, including reversing the result of your calculation to get 73, how does all this square with free will? If all this stuff is discernible, any knowledge of it, any use of it is static. Is it triva only?
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 3:35:52 PM
TBR said: "This is... Well, so such an unusual case of wish fulfilment among bible believers. Let me ask you this. Since the numbers of the chapters of the bible weren't added until it was canonised, and the verses weren't added until a couple hundred years later, does this affect your belief in this in any way?"

Jikpamu replies: "No it does not. The order was there so the numbering logical. I would argue that if the God of the Bible is real then He has been intimately involved in the development of His Holy Bible."

Now answer this:

Roe v Wade

Psalm 42:1 (NIV2011)
1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.

Deer = Roe (and) streams of water = Wade

It has been 42 years since Roe v Wade was made legal (1973 - 2015):

Revelation 11:2 (KJV)
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot FORTY AND TWO months.

*Don't get caught up on the "months" issue.

https://www.google.com...

Pregnancy normally lasts from 37 weeks to 42 weeks from the first day of your last period.

1 Corinthians 6:19 (KJV)
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

*Still think the Bible is not amazing or prophetic?
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 3:38:05 PM
At 8/23/2015 3:30:37 PM, TBR wrote:

OK. I looked at your profile and I don't think you are trolling. So... well, lets look at this last bit of lunacy. I presume you are using english translations of the bible for your last calculation, right? Forget for a moment the bizarre twists you have to use, including reversing the result of your calculation to get 73, how does all this square with free will? If all this stuff is discernible, any knowledge of it, any use of it is static. Is it triva only?

Exactly why the Bible is so amazing I cannot tell except that God designed it. And the King James Version is a very accurate translation. It had 47 Bible Translators on it in 1611.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 3:40:48 PM

Exactly why the Bible is so amazing I cannot tell except that God designed it. And the King James Version is a very accurate translation. It had 47 Bible Translators on it in 1611.

This is the question still on the table "Since the numbers of the chapters of the bible weren't added until it was canonised, and the verses weren't added until a couple hundred years later, does this affect your belief in this in any way?". Can you attempt to answer this?
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 4:01:19 PM
At 8/23/2015 3:40:48 PM, TBR wrote:

This is the question still on the table "Since the numbers of the chapters of the bible weren't added until it was canonised, and the verses weren't added until a couple hundred years later, does this affect your belief in this in any way?". Can you attempt to answer this?

I already answered you in another post in which you did not answer my question regarding roe v wade...Here is my answer to you:

TBR said: "This is... Well, so such an unusual case of wish fulfilment among bible believers. Let me ask you this. Since the numbers of the chapters of the bible weren't added until it was canonised, and the verses weren't added until a couple hundred years later, does this affect your belief in this in any way?"

Jikpamu replies: "No it does not. The order was there so the numbering logical. I would argue that if the God of the Bible is real then He has been intimately involved in the development of His Holy Bible."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 4:11:18 PM
At 8/23/2015 3:40:48 PM, TBR wrote:

All the chapters and verse numbers do is make it easier to find a verse.

However I find it interesting that I have never been able to remember chapter and verse easily, unless I use them a lot. What I do always remember is the approximate wording, and the meaning behind it. Of course the story it tells, and the meaning behind it is the important thing after all.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 4:16:00 PM
At 8/23/2015 3:38:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 8/23/2015 3:30:37 PM, TBR wrote:

I am sorry, but the KJV is just about the least accurate translation there is. It wasn't even translated with a view to accuracy, but was tailored to please the King whose name it bears.

It is also the one that leaves Jehovah's great and holy name out in the most places.

It even has added wording in 1 John 5:16-18.

Still, I can prove the truth from it as well as all the others.

How anyone can trust any translation which is so badly and dishonestly translated as to deliberately leave the name of the most High God out, I will never understand. The translators couldn't even be honest enough to put a transliteration of the Tetragrammaton there!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 4:16:16 PM
1980 / 5 (chapter of "The test for an unfaithful wife) = 396

396 + 115 (verse and chapter of same test) = 511

I have proven Row Wade is the modern test?

This is just the worst wish fulfilment ever.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 4:18:28 PM
I am asking why these chapter and verse numbers should have any meaning. They just don't. They were added at two different times, and wishing for them to have meaning is.... wishfulness.