Jump to topic:

Can you name.....

RadioM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:54:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
any modern day event of Christians killing people in the name of God or something else involving their religion?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:58:53 PM
At 8/22/2015 9:54:26 PM, RadioM wrote:
any modern day event of Christians killing people in the name of God or something else involving their religion?

Seriously?
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 9:59:49 PM

Yes: the Paris-bound train that was attacked by a Morrocon for which 2 American and 1 British service members stopped him...

Oh wait, the Morrocon Terrorist was a Muslim...whoops ; )
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 10:03:45 PM

There are plenty, but what exactly are you looking for? Organizations?

http://www.armyofgod.com...

count?
Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting

High profile?
The Centennial Olympic Park
Foxian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 10:07:03 PM

http://news.cntv.cn...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:28:46 AM
At 8/22/2015 10:03:45 PM, TBR wrote:

count?

High profile?

So what? And this proves........what exactly? As far as the Existence of God? Andthe perfection in th teachings of Jesus of nazareth? Oh, that's right. Not a thing. LOL.

You want lists? Cool. Atheists" Students? Postal Workers? Muslims? Fathers? Construction workers? Name it, of ANY type of person of ANY belief who is mentally unbalanced and kills for some particular belief? Hell, David Berkowitz killed becasue his dog told him too. People kill becasue they dont like their zip code.

Free will, brothers. God Given. Abused, of course. A shame? Yes. But without it we would not be fully human. And thus would not be having this chat. Did Jesus ever kill? Nope. Follow His words. Pray to God. Look inward for His Grace. That's it. The world will always have nuts. The denigrating of God and Religion becasue some people use it/Him for their murderous ways is a very old and very tired argument. I used ot for years when I was a atheist. Even then I secretly knew it wasn't really a deal-breaker for the possibility of a God existing. But, you know, its what Atheists do. They're usually not in their right minds anyway. It ain tnormal behavior to spend hours and hours of your life criticizing and attacking something you dont believe in. I cold almost say Atheism is sometimes equal to Obsession.

God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:35:23 AM
So what? And this proves........what exactly?
It proves the as evidence for the question asked.

co-partner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:40:25 AM
At 8/23/2015 2:28:46 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/22/2015 10:03:45 PM, TBR wrote:

count?

High profile?

So what? And this proves........what exactly? As far as the Existence of God? Andthe perfection in th teachings of Jesus of nazareth? Oh, that's right. Not a thing. LOL.

You want lists? Cool. Atheists" Students? Postal Workers? Muslims? Fathers? Construction workers? Name it, of ANY type of person of ANY belief who is mentally unbalanced and kills for some particular belief? Hell, David Berkowitz killed becasue his dog told him too. People kill becasue they dont like their zip code.

Free will, brothers. God Given. Abused, of course. A shame? Yes. But without it we would not be fully human. And thus would not be having this chat. Did Jesus ever kill? Nope. Follow His words. Pray to God. Look inward for His Grace. That's it. The world will always have nuts. The denigrating of God and Religion becasue some people use it/Him for their murderous ways is a very old and very tired argument. I used ot for years when I was a atheist. Even then I secretly knew it wasn't really a deal-breaker for the possibility of a God existing. But, you know, its what Atheists do. They're usually not in their right minds anyway. It ain tnormal behavior to spend hours and hours of your life criticizing and attacking something you dont believe in. I cold almost say Atheism is sometimes equal to Obsession.

God Bless. : :

Man doesn't kill. God does all the killing in his creation;

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

I Samuel 2
6: The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up.
7: The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low, he also exalts.
8: He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ask heap, to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord"s, and on them he has set the world.
9: "He will guard the feet of his faithful ones; but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness; for not by might shall a man pervail.
10: The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; against them he will thunder in heaven. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth; he will give strength to his king, and exalt the power of his anointed."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13: The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
15: he who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds.
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

If you don't listen to his voice, you will remain confused;

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

You have a lot to learn but only if you listen to the voice of the Lord ( the true gospel ).
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:57:15 AM
So what? And this proves........what exactly?
It stands as evidence of Christians killing in the name of God - as an answer to the original question

"any modern day event of Christians killing people in the name of God or something else involving their religion?"

Sorry, needed to retype.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 7:37:16 AM

Some evil Christian extremists have been known to kill people carrying out abortions. Others are abusive towards gays!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:47:28 PM

George Bush and the so-called War on Terror.

http://www.theguardian.com...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 6:43:45 PM
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 7:00:28 PM
At 8/22/2015 9:58:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Seriously?

Roeder's reason for shooting Tiller was because "preborn children's lives were in imminent danger". There's nothing about killing people in the name of God there.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 7:17:02 PM

"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 7:17:54 PM
At 8/23/2015 7:00:28 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 8/22/2015 9:58:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Seriously?

Roeder's reason for shooting Tiller was because "preborn children's lives were in imminent danger". There's nothing about killing people in the name of God there.

That's rather intellectually dishonest.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Foxian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 8:30:19 PM

http://news1.kr...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 9:48:14 PM

Look into the guy. His reasons were religious, and Christian in particular
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:06:38 PM
At 8/23/2015 12:47:28 PM, dee-em wrote:

Free will, brothers. God Given. Abused, of course. A shame? Yes. But without it we would not be fully human. And thus would not be having this chat. Did Jesus ever kill? Nope. Follow His words. Pray to God. Look inward for His Grace. That's it. The world will always have nuts. The denigrating of God and Religion because some people use it/Him for their murderous ways is a very old and very tired argument. I used ot for years when I was a atheist. Even then I secretly knew it wasn't really a deal-breaker for the possibility of a God existing. But, you know, its what Atheists do. They're usually not in their right minds anyway. It aint normal behavior to spend hours and hours of your life criticizing and attacking something you dont believe in. I cold almost say Atheism is sometimes equal to Obsession.

God Bless.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:11:42 PM
At 8/23/2015 10:06:38 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Free will, brothers. God Given. Abused, of course. A shame? Yes. But without it we would not be fully human. And thus would not be having this chat. Did Jesus ever kill? Nope. Follow His words. Pray to God. Look inward for His Grace. That's it. The world will always have nuts. The denigrating of God and Religion because some people use it/Him for their murderous ways is a very old and very tired argument. I used ot for years when I was a atheist. Even then I secretly knew it wasn't really a deal-breaker for the possibility of a God existing. But, you know, its what Atheists do. They're usually not in their right minds anyway. It aint normal behavior to spend hours and hours of your life criticizing and attacking something you dont believe in. I cold almost say Atheism is sometimes equal to Obsession.

God Bless.

You are getting the question confused, or ignoring it. None of these are arguments why there is no god, only answer the question of Christians killing in the name of their faith.

You may argue the existence of a god all you like, just don't attempt to pass off the religion, any religion, as completely innocuous.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:26:17 PM
According to Wikipedia, AT LEAST 8 PEOPLE in the United States have been killed in incidents anti-abortion violence.
Wow, so many...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:26:42 PM
At 8/23/2015 10:26:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
According to Wikipedia, AT LEAST 8 PEOPLE in the United States have been killed in incidents of anti-abortion violence.
Wow, so many...

Fixed

The DDO Blog:

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:31:35 PM

can you name any modern day atheists killing for NO reason except for the lack of sanity, morality, or God in their lives?

Oh wait, you can't...the list would be too long since it happens thousands of times every single day on this Planet.

Never mind.

But! God Bless You! Read your Bible tonight.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:33:01 PM

http://biblehub.com...

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN TO JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:50:10 AM

An exact copy of post #6. You're becoming senile or lazy, ABR. Lol.

I was asked a question and I answered it. What exactly is your problem?
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:55:45 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:50:10 AM, dee-em wrote:

An exact copy of post #6. You're becoming senile or lazy, ABR. Lol.

I was asked a question and I answered it. What exactly is your problem?

No problems here, mate! Yeah..I deliberately pasted a previous post in response to the Religious bashing. As if the fact that some Believers do bad things is in any way a fact that even erodes a tiny bit the fact that God Exists. I liked the post so much I had to do it twice. LOL> Sorry if you answered a question before that I missed that rendered my re-paste unecessary or moot.

God Bless.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:59:55 AM
According to Wikipedia, AT LEAST 8 PEOPLE in the United States have been killed in incidents anti-abortion violence.
Wow, so many...

By the same hypocrites who claim to live by God's word. "Thou shalt not kill".
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:03:01 AM
At 8/23/2015 10:31:35 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

can you name any modern day atheists killing for NO reason except for the lack of sanity, morality, or God in their lives?

Oh wait, you can't...the list would be too long since it happens thousands of times every single day on this Planet.

Never mind.

But! God Bless You! Read your Bible tonight.

I hope that makes sense to you ABR, because methinks you are starting to lose the plot. Perhaps it's all those lies you tell. They're starting to eat away at you. Come clean ABR, and save your immortal soul!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:05:48 AM
At 8/23/2015 10:33:01 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN TO JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, definitely losing the plot alright. He's starting to shout.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:07:37 AM
At 8/24/2015 1:59:55 AM, dee-em wrote:
Wow, so many...

By the same hypocrites who claim to live by God's word. "Thou shalt not kill".

That was sarcasm, actually. *At least* (that is, they likely don't know of more than) 8 people were killed in anti-abortion violence. 8 people, over a timespan of probably 20 years, out of a population of over 300 million people. Literally more people have died in spaceflight accidents.
And to be fair, they were doing it in an attempt to forcibly put an end to a modern holocaust.

The DDO Blog:

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:08:35 AM
At 8/23/2015 8:30:19 PM, Foxian wrote:

http://news1.kr...

Can you translate for us, Fox?
Xiexie.