Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus was a Jewish Arab

JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:53:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Only a few think that way these days, imo!
smelisox
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 11:09:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 10:53:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Only a few think that way these days, imo!

You'd be surprised.
fromantle
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 11:20:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You sound angry. Get angry with a foolish man and you make him more foolish than ever.Patient explaination is whats needed.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 11:24:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 11:09:02 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 8/23/2015 10:53:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Only a few think that way these days, imo!

You'd be surprised.

Mainstream Christians don't tend to think that way, some of the Biblical literalist idiots who live in fantasy land think like that, if you can call it thinking. I believe, some even think Jesus visited the USof A, LOL!
dee-em
Posts: 6,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 12:05:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Anti-Semitism to both.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 1:24:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 1:10:00 PM, Huntress wrote:
Jews aren't Arabs.

But both groups come out of the same stable, the Middle East!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:28:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

He was Jewish by tribe, but did not follow their apostate teachings. His ministry was to found a new "Israel of God", from what faithful ones he could find.

He was the founder of what opposers called Christianity, but the Apostasy set in at the end of the 1st century and Christianity as most know it is completely unrecognisable now.

Jesus and the Apostles certainly don't recognise it. Matthew 7:21-23
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:29:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 11:20:06 AM, fromantle wrote:
You sound angry. Get angry with a foolish man and you make him more foolish than ever.Patient explaination is whats needed.

Get angry with a foolish man and you make yourself more foolish,.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:32:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 12:05:52 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Anti-Semitism to both.

God could be called an anti-semite, but only in the religious sense because they continue to prove unfaithful even to their own scriptures.

Other than that they are simply humans he wishes would come back into the fold and follow his son into the final phase of the plan..
dee-em
Posts: 6,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 2:44:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 1:10:00 PM, Huntress wrote:
Jews aren't Arabs.

They were 2,000 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

There is no major disagreement that he was ethnically Middle Eastern-Jewish. Though some question what exactly that looked like at that time, there is a general scholarly consensus that first century Jews from Judea were Levantine Middle Easterners.[12]

Someone born in the Middle-East with a lineage going back dozens of generations was an Arab.
fromantle
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 3:35:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 2:29:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 11:20:06 AM, fromantle wrote:
You sound angry. Get angry with a foolish man and you make him more foolish than ever.Patient explaination is whats needed.

Get angry with a foolish man and you make yourself more foolish,.

Nicely put I should have included that possibility. I must confess I was prone to anger as a young man but I discovered it has few benifits.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 4:06:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 3:35:45 PM, fromantle wrote:
At 8/23/2015 2:29:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 11:20:06 AM, fromantle wrote:
You sound angry. Get angry with a foolish man and you make him more foolish than ever.Patient explaination is whats needed.

Get angry with a foolish man and you make yourself more foolish,.

Nicely put I should have included that possibility. I must confess I was prone to anger as a young man but I discovered it has few benifits.

You and me both, and I never discovered one benefit I have to admit.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 5:00:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

LOL...Neither was He a "Jew-ish" Arab. He was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 5:04:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 5:00:47 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

LOL...Neither was He a "Jew-ish" Arab. He was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah.

Which is where the term Jewish comes from.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 7:21:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

- Jewish & Arab, ethnically speaking, are mutually exclusive. Although, Arabs & Jews are both semites, more specifically semitic cousins.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 8:10:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 7:21:16 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

- Jewish & Arab, ethnically speaking, are mutually exclusive. Although, Arabs & Jews are both semites, more specifically semitic cousins.

Yes, decendents of Shem.

That is about as accurate a definition as I have seen so far. Nice one.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:58:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 5:04:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:00:47 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

LOL...Neither was He a "Jew-ish" Arab. He was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah.

Which is where the term Jewish comes from.

Nope, -ish means to be like. Christ was a Jew, He was not trying to be like a Jew because He was a Jew. "Jew-ish" means somewhat who is not a Jew, trying to be a Jew, like the so called "white man" in Israel today trying to be "Jew-ish".
dee-em
Posts: 6,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:22:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/24/2015 1:58:57 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:04:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:00:47 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

LOL...Neither was He a "Jew-ish" Arab. He was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah.

Which is where the term Jewish comes from.

Nope, -ish means to be like. Christ was a Jew, He was not trying to be like a Jew because He was a Jew. "Jew-ish" means somewhat who is not a Jew, trying to be a Jew, like the so called "white man" in Israel today trying to be "Jew-ish".

So the Irish are trying to be Irelanders and the Scottish are trying to be Scots? I get it. Lol.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 4:12:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 8:10:31 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 7:21:16 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

- Jewish & Arab, ethnically speaking, are mutually exclusive. Although, Arabs & Jews are both semites, more specifically semitic cousins.

Yes, decendents of Shem.

That is about as accurate a definition as I have seen so far. Nice one.

- Thanks!
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 4:27:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/24/2015 2:22:33 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:58:57 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:04:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:00:47 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

LOL...Neither was He a "Jew-ish" Arab. He was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah.

Which is where the term Jewish comes from.

Nope, -ish means to be like. Christ was a Jew, He was not trying to be like a Jew because He was a Jew. "Jew-ish" means somewhat who is not a Jew, trying to be a Jew, like the so called "white man" in Israel today trying to be "Jew-ish".

So the Irish are trying to be Irelanders and the Scottish are trying to be Scots? I get it. Lol.

Yup LOL
dee-em
Posts: 6,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 7:36:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/24/2015 4:27:02 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/24/2015 2:22:33 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/24/2015 1:58:57 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:04:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/23/2015 5:00:47 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

LOL...Neither was He a "Jew-ish" Arab. He was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah.

Which is where the term Jewish comes from.

Nope, -ish means to be like. Christ was a Jew, He was not trying to be like a Jew because He was a Jew. "Jew-ish" means somewhat who is not a Jew, trying to be a Jew, like the so called "white man" in Israel today trying to be "Jew-ish".

So the Irish are trying to be Irelanders and the Scottish are trying to be Scots? I get it. Lol.

Yup LOL

I hope, for your sake, that you are trolling.

Jew'ish
adj.
Of or relating to the Jews or their culture or religion.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 8:28:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 11:24:49 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/23/2015 11:09:02 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 8/23/2015 10:53:57 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Only a few think that way these days, imo!

You'd be surprised.

Mainstream Christians don't tend to think that way, some of the Biblical literalist idiots who live in fantasy land think like that, if you can call it thinking. I believe, some even think Jesus visited the USof A, LOL!

Only Mormons believe that. I can see by the look on your face that you think I am joking. I assure you, I am not.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 8:43:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

At 8/23/2015 2:28:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
He was Jewish by tribe, but did not follow their apostate teachings. His ministry was to found a new "Israel of God", from what faithful ones he could find.

He was the founder of what opposers called Christianity, but the Apostasy set in at the end of the 1st century and Christianity as most know it is completely unrecognisable now.

Jesus and the Apostles certainly don't recognise it. Matthew 7:21-23
Wrong on ALL counts!

The biblical jebus is a 100% Historical MYTH!
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 12:45:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
No, the Jews were not 'Arabs'.

Obviously he would have been dark(ker) than as portrayed in many Christian interpretations but he was not ethnically Arabs as the Hebrews were *ethnically* Arab. You wouldn't call an Arab a Jew, so it's misguided to call a Jew--even one at that time--an Arab.

Additionally, people view him as the founder of Christianity and therefore a 'Christian'. You mistakingly think that all Christians are somehow white, which is incorrect. There has been Middle Eastern Christians since, well, yes...Jesus Christ.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 12:47:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 2:44:37 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2015 1:10:00 PM, Huntress wrote:
Jews aren't Arabs.

They were 2,000 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

There is no major disagreement that he was ethnically Middle Eastern-Jewish. Though some question what exactly that looked like at that time, there is a general scholarly consensus that first century Jews from Judea were Levantine Middle Easterners.[12]

Someone born in the Middle-East with a lineage going back dozens of generations was an Arab.

Naw, there were many ethnic groups living in the Middle East that were not technically Arabs.

Going by your argument: the ancient Egyptians were also Arabs. Persia is also in the Middle East, but once again: Persians are *not* Arabs. Same goes for Turkey.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:04:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Because some wish to irrationally continue to conceive their idea of what He looks like. Which is moronic because they never saw Him. Doesn't matter what He looked like, but, in my opinion, I think He wash;t the greatest looking guy. The Bible says says people were amazed when He spoke, and seeing as how people tended to avoid Him, unless He was teaching or the like, sort of speculates that. But, again, doesn't matter in the end.
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:04:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/24/2015 1:04:05 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:26:41 AM, smelisox wrote:
Why the hell do christians think he's white and christian?

Because some wish to irrationally continue to conceive their idea of what He looks like. Which is moronic because they never saw Him. Doesn't matter what He looked like, but, in my opinion, I think He wasn't the greatest looking guy. The Bible says says people were amazed when He spoke, and seeing as how people tended to avoid Him, unless He was teaching or the like, sort of speculates that. But, again, doesn't matter in the end.

Fixed some spelling.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:48:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/24/2015 12:45:21 PM, Emilrose wrote:
No, the Jews were not 'Arabs'.

Obviously he would have been dark(ker) than as portrayed in many Christian interpretations but he was not ethnically Arabs as the Hebrews were *ethnically* Arab. You wouldn't call an Arab a Jew, so it's misguided to call a Jew--even one at that time--an Arab.

Additionally, people view him as the founder of Christianity and therefore a 'Christian'. You mistakingly think that all Christians are somehow white, which is incorrect. There has been Middle Eastern Christians since, well, yes...Jesus Christ.

You make a very god point, however they are all descended from the same Father, Shem.

However I am sure he was neither white nor black, but somewhere in between, as most from his area are. I think the expression is "swarthy".