Jump to topic:

Reason That God Is Lord

7APRIL7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:33:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
25 But Jesus rebuked him: "Silence! Come out of him!" 26 After throwing him into convulsions, the unclean spirit cried out with a loud voice and came out of him. 27 They were all amazed so that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching with authority! He even commands the unclean spirits and they obey him." 28 So the news about him spread quickly throughout all the region around Galilee.

Mark 1:25-28

So he humbled you by making you hungry and then feeding you with unfamiliar manna. He did this to teach you that humankind cannot live by bread alone, but also by everything that comes from the Lord's mouth.

Deut 8:3

Then Moses raised his hand, and struck the rock twice with his staff. And water came out abundantly. So the community drank, and their beasts drank too.

Num 20:11

While they were bringing her out, she sent word to her father-in-law: "I am pregnant by the man to whom these belong." Then she said, "Identify the one to whom the seal, cord, and staff belong."

Gen 38:25

He said, "What pledge should I give you?" She replied, "Your seal, your cord, and the staff that's in your hand." So he gave them to her and had sex with her. She became pregnant by him.
Gen

38:18

The Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A staff."

Ex 4:2

He was in the wilderness forty days, enduring temptations from Satan. He was with wild animals, and angels were ministering to his needs.

Mark 1:13

1 Six days later Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John the brother of James, and led them privately up a high mountain. 2 And he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. 3 Then Moses and Elijah also appeared before them, talking with him. 4 So Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, I will make three shelters - one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my one dear Son, in whom I take great delight. Listen to him!"

Matt 17:1-5

19 All my closest friends detest me; and those whom I love have turned against me. 20 My bones stick to my skin and my flesh; I have escaped alive with only the skin of my teeth. 21 Have pity on me, my friends, have pity on me, for the hand of God has struck me. 22 Why do you pursue me like God does? Will you never be satiated with my flesh?

Job 19:19-22

I wish that one of you would close the temple doors, so that you no longer would light useless fires on my altar. I am not pleased with you," says the Lord who rules over all, "and I will no longer accept an offering from you.

Mal 1:10

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father is well pleased to give you the kingdom.

Luke 12:32

10 If a man gives his neighbor a donkey or an ox or a sheep or any beast to keep, and it dies or is hurt or is carried away without anyone seeing it, 11 then there will be an oath to the Lord between the two of them, that he has not laid his hand on his neighbor's goods, and its owner will accept this, and he will not have to pay. 12 But if it was stolen from him, he will pay its owner. 13 If it is torn in pieces, then he will bring it for evidence, and he will not have to pay for what was torn. 14 "If a man borrows an animal from his neighbor, and it is hurt or dies when its owner was not with it, the man who borrowed it will surely pay. 15 If its owner was with it, he will not have to pay; if it was hired, what was paid for the hire covers it.

Ex 22:10-15

11 Then I saw another beast coming up from the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but was speaking like a dragon. 12 He exercised all the ruling authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and those who inhabit it worship the first beast, the one whose lethal wound had been healed. 13 He performed momentous signs, even making fire come down from heaven in front of people 14 and, by the signs he was permitted to perform on behalf of the beast, he deceived those who live on the earth. He told those who live on the earth to make an image to the beast who had been wounded by the sword, but still lived. 15 The second beast was empowered to give life to the image of the first beast so that it could speak, and could cause all those who did not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He also caused everyone (small and great, rich and poor, free and slave ) to obtain a mark on their right hand or on their forehead. 17 Thus no one was allowed to buy or sell things unless he bore the mark of the beast - that is, his name or his number.

Rev 13:11-17

4 but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. 5 Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. 6 Lest she should make level the path leading to life, her paths are unstable but she does not know it.
Prov 5:4-6

7 So now, children, listen to me; do not turn aside from the words I speak. 8 Keep yourself far from her, and do not go near the door of her house, 9 lest you give your vigor to others and your years to a cruel person, 10 lest strangers devour your strength, and your labor benefit another man's house. 11 And at the end of your life you will groan when your flesh and your body are wasted away.

Prov 5:7-11

and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand here looking up into the sky? This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven."

Acts 1:11

9 As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Do not tell anyone about the vision until the Son of Man is raised from the dead."10 The disciples asked him, "Why then do the experts in the law say that Elijah must come first?" 11 He answered, "Elijah does indeed come first and will restore all things. 12 And I tell you that Elijah has already come. Yet they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted. In the same way, the Son of Man will suffer at their hands." 13 Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them about John the Baptist.
Matt 17:9-13

1 In those days John the Baptist came into the wilderness of Judea proclaiming, 2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." 3 For he is the one about whom Isaiah the prophet had spoken: " The voice of one shouting in the wilderness, ' Prepare the way for the Lord, make his paths straight . '"

Matt 3:1-3

Their residents are powerless, they are terrified and ashamed. They are as short-lived as plants in the field, or green vegetation. They are as short-lived as grass on the rooftops when it is scorched by the east wind.

2 Kin 19:26

5 May all who hate Zion be humiliated and turned back! 6 May they be like the grass on the rooftops which withers before one can even pull it up, 7 which cannot fill the reaper's hand, or the lap of the one who gathers the grain!

Ps 129:5-7

1 Here is a message about the Valley of Vision: What is the reason that all of you go up to the rooftops? 2 The noisy city is full of raucous sounds; the town is filled with revelry. Your slain were not cut down by the sword; they did not die in battle. 3 All your leaders ran away together - they fled to a distant place; all your refugees were captured together - they were captured without a single arrow being shot.

Isa 22:1-3

13 The tax collector, however, stood far off and would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, be merciful to me, sinner that I am!' 14 I tell you that this man went down to his home justified rather than the Pharisee. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
PLEASESTOPLYING
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:55:57 AM

13 The tax collector, however, stood far off and would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, be merciful to me, sinner that I am!' 14 I tell you that this man went down to his home justified rather than the Pharisee. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Will you christians ever come to realize that quoting nonsense from YOUR book means absolutely NOTHING, there isn't a religion on earth that can't do the same thing! What a simple concept -- your book is a book, their book is a book - A BOOK IS A BOOK
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 5:24:30 AM
At 8/24/2015 2:55:57 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:

Will you christians ever come to realize that quoting nonsense from YOUR book means absolutely NOTHING, there isn't a religion on earth that can't do the same thing! What a simple concept -- your book is a book, their book is a book - A BOOK IS A BOOK

It's argument by quote-mining and it expects others to accept the authority of their fairytale book. They just don't get it.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 6:08:54 AM
Most follow their fairy tales called reality.

I have explained elsewhere on this forum that the "different groups" of people with their doctrines, religions, theories, politics and such and the way that they go about their "debates" and arguments is much like each group exposing the deceptions and lies of what the others want to believe, BUT they CAN NOT come up with much of substance to SUPPORT what they want to believe.

If we take the examples of santa, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny and place them in place of above "groups" we would find that those that believed in the santa concept would be pointing out the facts, evidence and proof that would clearly show that the others were in great error. The other "groups" do much the same but they CAN NOT offer ANY REAL proof of what they choose to try and believe any better then the other "groups" can.

The blind pointing out how blind the other blind are.

Reason that LIFE is ALIVE

would be more correct then

Reason That God Is Lord
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 6:54:59 AM
God is God on the virtue that he is more powerful. It has nothing to do at all with his goodness.

(However, I suspect he does try to do good . . . he's just not very good at it, because of his limitations.)
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 1:31:35 PM

All information has a source, Christians use the scriptures as a spiritual source in this religious forum as not to be just making crap up and to communicate and create topics of discussion, if that bothers you, you may be in the wrong place.
I'ts irrelevant that other religions use books, if you don't want to discuss the Bible then you would be eliminating 90% of the discussions that take place here.

Having said that I would personally never create a topic using just a bunch of scripture only but let us hope the OP has a point to be made.

But to answer your question yes, Christians realize quoting scripture to atheists means nothing, we all knew that.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:44:49 PM
At 8/24/2015 1:31:35 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

All information has a source, Christians use the scriptures as a spiritual source in this religious forum as not to be just making crap up and to communicate and create topics of discussion..

But, since you nor anyone else has ever defined 'spiritual', your source is one of making up crap.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:54:14 PM
At 8/24/2015 1:33:10 AM, 7APRIL7 wrote:
25 But Jesus rebuked him: "Silence! Come out of him!" 26 After throwing him into convulsions, the unclean spirit cried out with a loud voice and came out of him. 27 They were all amazed so that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching with authority! He even commands the unclean spirits and they obey him." 28 So the news about him spread quickly throughout all the region around Galilee.

Mark 1:25-28

So he humbled you by making you hungry and then feeding you with unfamiliar manna. He did this to teach you that humankind cannot live by bread alone, but also by everything that comes from the Lord's mouth.

Deut 8:3

Then Moses raised his hand, and struck the rock twice with his staff. And water came out abundantly. So the community drank, and their beasts drank too.

Num 20:11

While they were bringing her out, she sent word to her father-in-law: "I am pregnant by the man to whom these belong." Then she said, "Identify the one to whom the seal, cord, and staff belong."

Gen 38:25

He said, "What pledge should I give you?" She replied, "Your seal, your cord, and the staff that's in your hand." So he gave them to her and had sex with her. She became pregnant by him.
Gen

38:18

The Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A staff."

Ex 4:2

He was in the wilderness forty days, enduring temptations from Satan. He was with wild animals, and angels were ministering to his needs.

Mark 1:13

1 Six days later Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John the brother of James, and led them privately up a high mountain. 2 And he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. 3 Then Moses and Elijah also appeared before them, talking with him. 4 So Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, I will make three shelters - one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." 5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my one dear Son, in whom I take great delight. Listen to him!"

Matt 17:1-5

19 All my closest friends detest me; and those whom I love have turned against me. 20 My bones stick to my skin and my flesh; I have escaped alive with only the skin of my teeth. 21 Have pity on me, my friends, have pity on me, for the hand of God has struck me. 22 Why do you pursue me like God does? Will you never be satiated with my flesh?

Job 19:19-22

I wish that one of you would close the temple doors, so that you no longer would light useless fires on my altar. I am not pleased with you," says the Lord who rules over all, "and I will no longer accept an offering from you.

Mal 1:10

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father is well pleased to give you the kingdom.

Luke 12:32

10 If a man gives his neighbor a donkey or an ox or a sheep or any beast to keep, and it dies or is hurt or is carried away without anyone seeing it, 11 then there will be an oath to the Lord between the two of them, that he has not laid his hand on his neighbor's goods, and its owner will accept this, and he will not have to pay. 12 But if it was stolen from him, he will pay its owner. 13 If it is torn in pieces, then he will bring it for evidence, and he will not have to pay for what was torn. 14 "If a man borrows an animal from his neighbor, and it is hurt or dies when its owner was not with it, the man who borrowed it will surely pay. 15 If its owner was with it, he will not have to pay; if it was hired, what was paid for the hire covers it.

Ex 22:10-15

11 Then I saw another beast coming up from the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but was speaking like a dragon. 12 He exercised all the ruling authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and those who inhabit it worship the first beast, the one whose lethal wound had been healed. 13 He performed momentous signs, even making fire come down from heaven in front of people 14 and, by the signs he was permitted to perform on behalf of the beast, he deceived those who live on the earth. He told those who live on the earth to make an image to the beast who had been wounded by the sword, but still lived. 15 The second beast was empowered to give life to the image of the first beast so that it could speak, and could cause all those who did not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He also caused everyone (small and great, rich and poor, free and slave ) to obtain a mark on their right hand or on their forehead. 17 Thus no one was allowed to buy or sell things unless he bore the mark of the beast - that is, his name or his number.

Rev 13:11-17

4 but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. 5 Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. 6 Lest she should make level the path leading to life, her paths are unstable but she does not know it.
Prov 5:4-6

7 So now, children, listen to me; do not turn aside from the words I speak. 8 Keep yourself far from her, and do not go near the door of her house, 9 lest you give your vigor to others and your years to a cruel person, 10 lest strangers devour your strength, and your labor benefit another man's house. 11 And at the end of your life you will groan when your flesh and your body are wasted away.

Prov 5:7-11

and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand here looking up into the sky? This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven."

Acts 1:11

9 As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, "Do not tell anyone about the vision until the Son of Man is raised from the dead."10 The disciples asked him, "Why then do the experts in the law say that Elijah must come first?" 11 He answered, "Elijah does indeed come first and will restore all things. 12 And I tell you that Elijah has already come. Yet they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted. In the same way, the Son of Man will suffer at their hands." 13 Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them about John the Baptist.
Matt 17:9-13

1 In those days John the Baptist came into the wilderness of Judea proclaiming, 2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." 3 For he is the one about whom Isaiah the prophet had spoken: " The voice of one shouting in the wilderness, ' Prepare the way for the Lord, make his paths straight . '"

Matt 3:1-3

Their residents are powerless, they are terrified and ashamed. They are as short-lived as plants in the field, or green vegetation. They are as short-lived as grass on the rooftops when it is scorched by the east wind.

2 Kin 19:26

5 May all who hate Zion be humiliated and turned back! 6 May they be like the grass on the rooftops which withers before one can even pull it up, 7 which cannot fill the reaper's hand, or the lap of the one who gathers the grain!

Ps 129:5-7

1 Here is a message about the Valley of Vision: What is the reason that all of you go up to the rooftops? 2 The noisy city is full of raucous sounds; the town is filled with revelry. Your slain were not cut down by the sword; they did not die in battle. 3 All your leaders ran away together - they fled to a distant place; all your refugees were captured together - they were captured without a single arrow being shot.

Isa 22:1-3

YAWN!