Jump to topic:

Catholic priests love the little children

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 4:41:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If being Christian makes you a better person then being a Christian priest should make you a near saint. Instead, the behaviour of many priests is akin to that of a Satanic cult (with apologies to Satanists).

Warning - strong language.

https://independentaustralia.net...

Published and other testimonies of victims show the behaviour and pattern of perpetrators to be more akin to the activities of satanic cults than a church concerned with the pastoral care and guardianship of the weakest of its flock.

This is a dark world where the meekest did not inherit the earth but were forced to eat its filth; to suck the cocks of priests and brothers, to masturbate them and to endure having their anuses ripped, ruptured and bloodied from penetration by adult humans and inanimate objects, including the crucifix.

One of the horrific stories related by a detective who investigated the abuse:

Oh, Tony, I think most people would be absolutely crumpled up in tears to hear it. Just some examples of what I've sat and listened to is that one young boy at the hands of paedophile priest James Fletcher, he was 12 years of age when the priest drove to a secluded park outside of Maitland. He told the boy to remove his pants and the boy was totally unaware of what was going on and quite embarrassed, but that particular priest anally penetrated him.

The boy wasn't aware at that stage that his anus had been torn and he started bleeding. He was screaming in agony on the seat and his knuckles were turning white. And as the priest continued to thrust while he screamed, he said he focused on the St Christopher's Cross on the dashboard and watched it swaying back and forward to try and take his focus off the pain.

The priest never relented at any stage during that and, even after the act was completed, he was totally uncaring for the child and simply sat back in the driver's seat and had a cigarette while he [the boy] finished sobbing.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:00:05 PM
At 8/24/2015 1:52:36 PM, dee-em wrote:
As the polite Catholic priest would say: BUMPlease

"If being Christian makes you a better person then being a Christian priest should make you a near saint."

Failed logic right from the start buddy, sorry. Jesus didn't give a rat's behind about any religious figures and neither do real believers.
And yes thank you, this post made me want to barf.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:00:28 PM
Some Catholic priests and those of other faiths are paedophiles, but that doesn't apply to all!
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:10:22 PM
At 8/24/2015 2:00:05 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

"If being Christian makes you a better person then being a Christian priest should make you a near saint."

Failed logic right from the start buddy, sorry. Jesus didn't give a rat's behind about any religious figures and neither do real believers.

Has it ever crossed your mind some of these filthy freaks join the circus just so they can get their hands on a little boy? These are NOT CHRISTIANS!!
I would dismember this priest in a matter of seconds with my bare hands but it is out of my control.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:15:46 PM
At 8/24/2015 2:00:28 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Some Catholic priests and those of other faiths are paedophiles, but that doesn't apply to all!

spoken like a true sheep. it's too bad so many people are willing to support an organization, like the catholic church, that would rather cover up crimes with superstitious nonsense. the main reason i became an atheist is because i actually read the bible. why would you follow a religion so out of touch with reality that rape and murder are just as wrong as lying and lust? maybe someday you will be able to make your own moral code instead of relying on an outdated book that supports slavery, misogyny, and human sacrifice.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:15:54 PM

Failed logic right from the start buddy, sorry.

If becoming a Christian doesn't make you a better person, bringing you closer to God, what is the point?

Jesus didn't give a rat's behind about any religious figures and neither do real believers.

What does that mean, churches are redundant?

Yeah, but my main emotion is anger at the hypocrisy of someone pretending to be an emissary for God and yet doing these things to the vulnerable children in his care. That is more than bad enough. Then the church covers it up and invariably moves the paedophile to another parish giving him a whole new set of victims. And so it goes on for years and decades. It's the latter which incenses (and perplexes) me more. Doesn't anyone in the hierarchy of the church actually believe in God?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:25:43 PM
At 8/24/2015 2:10:22 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Has it ever crossed your mind some of these filthy freaks join the circus just so they can get their hands on a little boy? These are NOT CHRISTIANS!!

I'm sorry, but that's the No True Scotsman Fallacy.
(Yes, the thought has occurred to me and there is no doubt some truth to it. That doesn't excuse the woefully inadequate procedures for priest selection, the lack of judgement by the church hierarchy or the pitiful responses by the church to reports of abuse).

I would dismember this priest in a matter of seconds with my bare hands but it is out of my control.

And yet God watched on and did nothing. If there was ever a case for a lightning bolt ...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:31:38 PM
At 8/24/2015 2:00:28 PM, JJ50 wrote:

You missed the point. What value adding is there to being a Catholic if, even exposed to years of training in Catholic doctrine and the responsibilities of pastoral care, a so-called man of God is still capable of these vile acts against children?
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:35:15 PM

And here you have an example of someone who joined to serve himself rather than others. Not surprising about the Catholic church. Those who profess to be holy, and who have power, can be truly corrupt in all form and substance. The Catholic Church has its hands in too much, and so there are cases, like this, where it causes distress, as it always has, because of its power. It's political, and those who know that have no concern for their beliefs. They only care about the benefits, though they can act our their so called duty.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 2:57:00 PM

The 'born again' pastor of the ghastly Pentecostal church I attended as a kid, would stroke my thigh, whilst driving me home from the mid week youth meeting when I was 14. The pervert would tell me how beautiful my mother was!
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 8:02:46 PM
At 8/24/2015 4:41:11 AM, dee-em wrote:
If being Christian makes you a better person then being a Christian priest should make you a near saint. Instead, the behaviour of many priests is akin to that of a Satanic cult (with apologies to Satanists).

Published and other testimonies of victims show the behaviour and pattern of perpetrators to be more akin to the activities of satanic cults than a church concerned with the pastoral care and guardianship of the weakest of its flock.

This is a dark world where the meekest did not inherit the earth but were forced to eat its filth; to suck the cocks of priests and brothers, to masturbate them and to endure having their anuses ripped, ruptured and bloodied from penetration by adult humans and inanimate objects, including the crucifix.

Oh, Tony, I think most people would be absolutely crumpled up in tears to hear it. Just some examples of what I've sat and listened to is that one young boy at the hands of paedophile priest James Fletcher, he was 12 years of age when the priest drove to a secluded park outside of Maitland. He told the boy to remove his pants and the boy was totally unaware of what was going on and quite embarrassed, but that particular priest anally penetrated him.

The boy wasn't aware at that stage that his anus had been torn and he started bleeding. He was screaming in agony on the seat and his knuckles were turning white. And as the priest continued to thrust while he screamed, he said he focused on the St Christopher's Cross on the dashboard and watched it swaying back and forward to try and take his focus off the pain.

The priest never relented at any stage during that and, even after the act was completed, he was totally uncaring for the child and simply sat back in the driver's seat and had a cigarette while he [the boy] finished sobbing.

Well, since the number of paedophile priests is 2% of all priests, that sounds like a 98% success rate!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 10:57:01 PM

Christianity/Catholicism have nothing to do with the Bible. No religion at all has anything to do with the Bible.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 4:35:36 AM
At 8/24/2015 8:02:46 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Well, since the number of paedophile priests is 2% of all priests, that sounds like a 98% success rate!

Nah, it's more like 5% and probably much higher.

http://www.theage.com.au...

AT LEAST one in 20 Catholic priests in Melbourne is a child sex abuser, although the real figure is probably one in 15, the state inquiry into the churches' handling of sex abuse was told yesterday.

RMIT professor Des Cahill said his figures, based on analysing conviction rates of priests ordained from Melbourne's Corpus Christi College, closely matched a much larger American analysis of 105,000 priests which found that 4362 were child sex offenders.
|
Professor Cahill said that 14 of 378 Corpus Christi priests graduating between 1940 and 1966 were convicted of child sexual abuse, and church authorities had admitted that another four who had died were also abusers, a rate of 4.76 per cent.

But the actual figure was much higher when under-reporting was taken into account, along with cases dealt with in secret by the Catholic Church. "One in 20 is a minimum. It might be one in 15, perhaps not as high as one in 10," he said.

He suggested that, though the Church tried to "fudge the figures" by including other church workers, Catholic priests offended at a much higher rate than other men. If the general male population now over 65 offended at the same rate, there would be 65,614 men living in Australia who had been convicted of child sex abuse --- very far from the case.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 9:25:03 AM
At 8/25/2015 4:35:36 AM, dee-em wrote:

AT LEAST one in 20 Catholic priests in Melbourne is a child sex abuser, although the real figure is probably one in 15, the state inquiry into the churches' handling of sex abuse was told yesterday.

RMIT professor Des Cahill said his figures, based on analysing conviction rates of priests ordained from Melbourne's Corpus Christi College, closely matched a much larger American analysis of 105,000 priests which found that 4362 were child sex offenders.
|
Professor Cahill said that 14 of 378 Corpus Christi priests graduating between 1940 and 1966 were convicted of child sexual abuse, and church authorities had admitted that another four who had died were also abusers, a rate of 4.76 per cent.

But the actual figure was much higher when under-reporting was taken into account, along with cases dealt with in secret by the Catholic Church. "One in 20 is a minimum. It might be one in 15, perhaps not as high as one in 10," he said.

He suggested that, though the Church tried to "fudge the figures" by including other church workers, Catholic priests offended at a much higher rate than other men. If the general male population now over 65 offended at the same rate, there would be 65,614 men living in Australia who had been convicted of child sex abuse --- very far from the case.

Two things. First, I was talking worldwide numbers (your source concerns one city in Australia). Second, even if it were 5, that's still means 95%success rate.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 9:30:07 AM
Not quite on topic but has anyone read 'Philomena' by the BBC broadcaster Martin Sixsmith? I have just finished it and if I could be more shocked by the actions of the Catholic Church, I was! :o It catalogues the true story of a child born to an unwed mother in an Irish convent. The boy was sold to an American family, together with a baby girl, and he was given the name Michael Hess. Apparently thousands of babies were sold by the Irish Catholic Church to rich Americans, before the evil practice was outlawed.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 10:43:09 AM
it is not just christians the jw's and mormons have had problems with child abuse, it is about people not faith.. though it should never be hidden by others in that belief system...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:36:12 PM
At 8/24/2015 2:15:54 PM, dee-em wrote:

If becoming a Christian doesn't make you a better person, bringing you closer to God, what is the point?

You're missing it Dee, you have evil people and people who want to do good, you have not proven to me or yourself that these sickos didn't join up just to molest children.

How can you tell me that these men want to be closer to God, you are fooling yourself these men have nothing to do with God.
Wolves in sheep clothing ring a bell?

We are known by our FRUITS...

Jesus didn't give a rat's behind about any religious figures and neither do real believers.

They absolutely can be brother, it is not our total substance, it is not the meat of mine and your spiritual walk. Church is a personal element and one you may add when you feel you should, fellowship is always what Jesus had in mind but organized religion has definitely become a redundant matter. You should be able to see what is a priority in our lives by reading the Gospel. Raping boys is not part of that.

Yeah, but my main emotion is anger at the hypocrisy of someone pretending to be an emissary for God and yet doing these things to the vulnerable children in his care. That is more than bad enough. Then the church covers it up and invariably moves the paedophile to another parish giving him a whole new set of victims. And so it goes on for years and decades. It's the latter which incenses (and perplexes) me more. Doesn't anyone in the hierarchy of the church actually believe in God?

And do you think this is the makings of God lol? I agree with everything you said, even more so.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:51:32 PM
At 8/24/2015 2:25:43 PM, dee-em wrote:

(Yes, the thought has occurred to me and there is no doubt some truth to it. That doesn't excuse the woefully inadequate procedures for priest selection, the lack of judgement by the church hierarchy or the pitiful responses by the church to reports of abuse).

You have nailed it on the head, I'm against RCC, they lack serious discernment and this system needs to be put to rest, enough is enough and these things must stop.

And yet God watched on and did nothing. If there was ever a case for a lightning bolt ...
I am not in control over a person eternal soul, it is hard for us to not see with temporal eyes.

Good news and bad news...
The bad news is that we live in a world run by fixed laws, these laws cannot be removed, changed or tampered with just as natural laws cannot. This means we will see beauty AND destruction, because cause and effect, reaping and sowing run the show, not God.

The good news is that God has absolute control over a persons soul, that priest may think he's having a good old time on this earth but wait until he crosses over into eternity where the full horror of his actions will be dealt with, this is by far scarier than any temporal thing I could ever do.
Likewise the victims will have a chance to become healed (though it is a difficult process) maybe even helping folks who have had the same things happen to them (like my wife) and enter into a place where nothing can separate them from what God has given them, you have no idea what God will give them in this life and for sure the next.
These are hard truths and not easy to accept, I apologize if they seem insensitive, I am by no means insensitive, I've walked through many dark patches in my life and God has been faithful to me, if anything I'm a witness to this stuff.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:59:04 PM

The story I know of as fact, though I know many apocryphal ones, happened in Ireland.

One Irish man related how, if ever he arrived home from work and saw the Priests bike leaning against the corner of the house, he would turn around and go to the pub instead, because he knew the Priest was in bed with his wife.

He accepted that she had no choice but to acquiesce since they both believed very strongly that the Priest could send them to heaven or hell at his own choice.

Such an abuse of power is widespread in the Catholic church, and is one reason some nuns are so bitter and twisted, since they too believe that the Priest can do what he likes with them or to them, and they have no right to object. Hence many Nunneries are in fact nothing more than brothels for Priests to relieve the pressure of celibacy.

Satan's world is a sick one indeed, and there is only one way out. Join Jehovah's world.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:08:11 PM
At 8/25/2015 12:59:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The story I know of as fact, though I know many apocryphal ones, happened in Ireland.

One Irish man related how, if ever he arrived home from work and saw the Priests bike leaning against the corner of the house, he would turn around and go to the pub instead, because he knew the Priest was in bed with his wife.

He accepted that she had no choice but to acquiesce since they both believed very strongly that the Priest could send them to heaven or hell at his own choice.

Such an abuse of power is widespread in the Catholic church, and is one reason some nuns are so bitter and twisted, since they too believe that the Priest can do what he likes with them or to them, and they have no right to object. Hence many Nunneries are in fact nothing more than brothels for Priests to relieve the pressure of celibacy.

Satan's world is a sick one indeed, and there is only one way out. Join Jehovah's world.

Or realise that the whole religion con is a way of some people having power over others.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:11:57 PM
At 8/25/2015 9:25:03 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

|

Two things. First, I was talking worldwide numbers (your source concerns one city in Australia).

It's the same in America. See the second paragraph I pasted above.

Second, even if it were 5, that's still means 95%success rate.

Success? That rate is much higher than the general population. I call that abysmal failure.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:23:33 PM
At 8/25/2015 1:08:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Or realise that the whole religion con is a way of some people having power over others.

Not all religions are, at least, not in a predatory sense..

The True Faith, as taught by JWs, is about self control, not control, and there is a difference.

Obviously there has to be limits outside which you cannot stray, but that is for the protection of the rest of the flock, not simply for the restriction of the individual.

Even disfellowshipping, which I am currently under, is the same, with the added hope that the disfellowshipped one will learn their lesson and return safely to the fold.

It is all dependant on whether the "fence" is used to keep people in, or to keep bad influences out. JWs use it to keep trouble at bay.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:26:25 PM

The deity's world is much sicker!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:28:11 PM
At 8/25/2015 1:23:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/25/2015 1:08:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Not all religions are, at least, not in a predatory sense..

The True Faith, as taught by JWs, is about self control, not control, and there is a difference.

Obviously there has to be limits outside which you cannot stray, but that is for the protection of the rest of the flock, not simply for the restriction of the individual.

Even disfellowshipping, which I am currently under, is the same, with the added hope that the disfellowshipped one will learn their lesson and return safely to the fold.

It is all dependant on whether the "fence" is used to keep people in, or to keep bad influences out. JWs use it to keep trouble at bay.

In other words the "shepherds" using the power of the unseen to control the flock.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:40:13 PM
At 8/25/2015 12:36:12 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You're missing it Dee, you have evil people and people who want to do good, you have not proven to me or yourself that these sickos didn't join up just to molest children.

Possibly, but my point still stands. If you have a low IQ child and send it to school you expect that they will get some sort of education. They may never become a Rhodes scholar but you expect that they will come out of the system with some knowledge and skills imparted. What you're admitting here is that Christianity can have absolutely no effect at making a bad person better. This is my problem and why I ask what is the point of Christianity if it adds no value to the human condition. People seem to do good things and bad things whether they are Christian or not. Christianity has no effect whatsoever. If it was a drug it would be taken off the market.

How can you tell me that these men want to be closer to God, you are fooling yourself these men have nothing to do with God.

I understand that, but wouldn't you think that constant exposure to a life in the church, the holy scriptures, surrounded by godly men, having a god-fearing community to minister to, that all those things should result in less paedophilia amongst priests rather than more compared to the population at large?

They absolutely can be brother, it is not our total substance, it is not the meat of mine and your spiritual walk. Church is a personal element and one you may add when you feel you should, fellowship is always what Jesus had in mind but organized religion has definitely become a redundant matter. You should be able to see what is a priority in our lives by reading the Gospel. Raping boys is not part of that.

And do you think this is the makings of God lol? I agree with everything you said, even more so.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:48:40 PM
At 8/25/2015 12:51:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 8/24/2015 2:25:43 PM, dee-em wrote:

You have nailed it on the head, I'm against RCC, they lack serious discernment and this system needs to be put to rest, enough is enough and these things must stop.

I am not in control over a person eternal soul, it is hard for us to not see with temporal eyes.

Good news and bad news...
The bad news is that we live in a world run by fixed laws, these laws cannot be removed, changed or tampered with just as natural laws cannot. This means we will see beauty AND destruction, because cause and effect, reaping and sowing run the show, not God.

The good news is that God has absolute control over a persons soul, that priest may think he's having a good old time on this earth but wait until he crosses over into eternity where the full horror of his actions will be dealt with, this is by far scarier than any temporal thing I could ever do.

I wish I could believe in karma but I don't. Obviously these priests don't either. Even if true, justice delayed is justice denied.

Likewise the victims will have a chance to become healed (though it is a difficult process) maybe even helping folks who have had the same things happen to them (like my wife) and enter into a place where nothing can separate them from what God has given them, you have no idea what God will give them in this life and for sure the next.
These are hard truths and not easy to accept, I apologize if they seem insensitive, I am by no means insensitive, I've walked through many dark patches in my life and God has been faithful to me, if anything I'm a witness to this stuff.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. This problem is so widespread.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:56:44 PM
At 8/25/2015 1:11:57 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/25/2015 9:25:03 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

|

Two things. First, I was talking worldwide numbers (your source concerns one city in Australia).

It's the same in America. See the second paragraph I pasted above.

Second, even if it were 5, that's still means 95%success rate.

Success? That rate is much higher than the general population. I call that abysmal failure.

Nope. 5%...https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:58:59 PM
At 8/25/2015 1:40:13 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/25/2015 12:36:12 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Possibly, but my point still stands. If you have a low IQ child and send it to school you expect that they will get some sort of education. They may never become a Rhodes scholar but you expect that they will come out of the system with some knowledge and skills imparted. What you're admitting here is that Christianity can have absolutely no effect at making a bad person better. This is my problem and why I ask what is the point of Christianity if it adds no value to the human condition. People seem to do good things and bad things whether they are Christian or not. Christianity has no effect whatsoever. If it was a drug it would be taken off the market.

That is crazy talk, you're mixing the pot and not only that but the scriptures tell us and warn us about these things, gives us clear direction and what to accept and what not to.
Many of these people are simply forced or born into this system, not by choice, and that creates a whole nother problem in itself, because you begin the have weeds growing up in the field.

You should be familiar with my position by now Dee, unless of course you just ignore my posts lol.
There is a difference between a label and a lifestyle, one is just talk and the other a walk.
And no, exposure will not necessarily have any effect because it has more to do with applying, while it is applying that brings forth the fruit not simple looking at it.

Christianity (spirituality) is a cultivation, this process comes through our intentions and is directly related to what we do.

Again, sitting in church or being dragged through the Catholic system really means nothing, especially to on who has no intention of inward change and a heart to follow God.

I understand that, but wouldn't you think that constant exposure to a life in the church, the holy scriptures, surrounded by godly men, having a god-fearing community to minister to, that all those things should result in less paedophilia amongst priests rather than more compared to the population at large?

Not if the system is corrupt, not if the individual is corrupt, good trees bring forth good fruit. Spirituality is not determined by outside factors but inside.
IMO the RCC is irrelevant, I don't even put them in the category of what Jesus taught or even spirituality at all, never have, it is a personal individual walk, not a system.