Jump to topic:

Statue of the Virgin Mary is Left

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 9:44:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Won't mean a whit to most of you, but this one is for my fellow Catholics; be the flowers at the foot of Mary.

Atheists go ahead and mock - I really couldn't care less.

--

Statue of the Virgin Mary is Left Miraculously Intact After Fire

A violent fire at a military base near Madrid spared nothing except a small statue and surrounding vegetation.

The events took place at the El Goloso military base, located near the Spanish capital, seat of the nation's armored infantry brigade "Guadarrama." According to several Spanish news sites, including Infovaticana and Religi"n en Libertad, a fire broke out that was impossible to control, burning most of the surrounding vegetation.

Once the flames were extinguished, to the soldiers" surprise, in the middle of the charred area, stood a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes"totally undamaged! What's more, the soldiers were shocked to see that the grass near the statue had not been touched by the flames and that it was even still surrounded by vases filled with flowers, also intact, as if the flames had respected the space around the statue.

The fire took place on July 30, in the middle of the heat wave which had descended upon Spain. The soldiers could not explain why the statue had suffered no damage nor why the flowers had not even been blackened or withered by the heat. The story quickly spread though social networks, some suspecting a fraud, but further investigations have dispelled all possible doubts. In the photographs, one can easily see that the ground is completely burnt, except near the statue.

http://www.aleteia.org...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2015 10:12:12 PM
At 8/24/2015 9:44:21 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Won't mean a whit to most of you, but this one is for my fellow Catholics; be the flowers at the foot of Mary.

--

A violent fire at a military base near Madrid spared nothing except a small statue and surrounding vegetation.

The events took place at the El Goloso military base, located near the Spanish capital, seat of the nation's armored infantry brigade "Guadarrama." According to several Spanish news sites, including Infovaticana and Religi"n en Libertad, a fire broke out that was impossible to control, burning most of the surrounding vegetation.

Once the flames were extinguished, to the soldiers" surprise, in the middle of the charred area, stood a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes"totally undamaged! What's more, the soldiers were shocked to see that the grass near the statue had not been touched by the flames and that it was even still surrounded by vases filled with flowers, also intact, as if the flames had respected the space around the statue.

The fire took place on July 30, in the middle of the heat wave which had descended upon Spain. The soldiers could not explain why the statue had suffered no damage nor why the flowers had not even been blackened or withered by the heat. The story quickly spread though social networks, some suspecting a fraud, but further investigations have dispelled all possible doubts. In the photographs, one can easily see that the ground is completely burnt, except near the statue.

Wow...that's a great story, my brother. Thanks for sharing. I have always been a believer in Signs & Wonders from God and Im gonna file this story right in there with my collection! God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 5:09:41 AM

--

No mystery. This looks like it would have been a small grass fire, very low and not very hot. These fires creep slowly rather than sweep through an area. You can tell that the fire was low and not very hot from the unburnt tree in the background and tall weeds still standing. There are also many patches of unburnt ground which further verify this. The statue and its surrounds look reasonably well-maintained. It probably had no grass (from the photo) or only a little grass which was well-trampled. The fire would have petered out as it encountered this region due to lack of fuel. No mystery at all.

You guys are so gullible.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 8:24:09 AM
Here is another report (I could find none in the mainstream media, no surprise) which shows in a second photo that the statue sits on a concrete pad and there is rocky ground around it with nothing much to burn. In contrast you can see areas of ash in the background where there was heavier vegetation cover. This is all natural and perfectly explicable.

http://iamproudtobecatholic.com...

Grow up children.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:10:52 PM

--

Or, there was no grass around the statue, at least not according the picture, it shows dirt and cement around the statue, which according to current thermal physics, doesn't burn. The grass that was there was not very much or very tall and there are also tall weeds near the statue that also remained intact.

If the fire was raging or violent, it wasn't so anywhere near the statue.

Where there was dirt and cement, near the statue. Dirt and cement don't burn.

Obviously, the soldiers made a mountain out of a mole hill, as seems other believers are doing, as well.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:44:57 PM
Isn't it amazing how they abandon their threads when their foolishness is exposed. And yet they never learn. Forwards and onwards to the next 'miracle'!
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:16:51 AM
At 8/25/2015 11:44:57 PM, dee-em wrote:
Isn't it amazing how they abandon their threads when their foolishness is exposed. And yet they never learn. Forwards and onwards to the next 'miracle'!

Grow up children. I could say that to you and your butt boy Danger Mouse. proverbs told us that "The Fear of God is the Beginning of Knowledge." And to that I would add "the Acknowledgement of God is the Beginning of Maturity."

What you do is so easy. Deny the obvious because it doesn't agree with your ideas. Again as I said before, a 10 year old can do it. And they do do it. LOL.

God usually doen't inrerven in physical affairs but He does sometimes. Why He chooses what he chooses to Intervene with, I do not know. But I and many many others who Know Him have seen His work. He also imbues certain Believers with His Grace and Powers.Things you have no idea of, nor if you keep going at the rate you're going, will EVER know.

Here's some examples of what people can do when Infused with the Holy Spirit. I have also seen these things. I hear about then ever single Sunday at Church when we speak about Testimonies from Our Prayer headquarters. Oh, you won't believe that but as a Born Again Christian who had Agreed to a Covenant with God the Father to devote his life to Spreading His Word and Grace, I am compelled to tell you anyway. It's what I do. IN the hope that someday you lost souls will See the Light.

http://www.collective-evolution.com...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:28:00 AM
At 8/26/2015 2:16:51 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

But I and many many others who Know Him have seen His work. He also imbues certain Believers with His Grace and Powers.Things you have no idea of, nor if you keep going at the rate you're going, will EVER know.

I am compelled to tell you anyway. It's what I do.

Yes, we all know what you do. Yank that chain a little harder, maybe use some of that Grace and Power. lol.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 5:09:34 AM

Grow up children. I could say that to you and your butt boy Danger Mouse. proverbs told us that "The Fear of God is the Beginning of Knowledge." And to that I would add "the Acknowledgement of God is the Beginning of Maturity."

Butt boy? I can feel that Christian love flowing from you, brother. What's the matter? Have you been caught in one too many lies, or had one too many instances of 'signs' from God exposed? You're sounding angry. Perhaps you should lie down for a while with a sedative. (And stop lying).

What you do is so easy. Deny the obvious because it doesn't agree with your ideas. Again as I said before, a 10 year old can do it. And they do do it. LOL.

Unfortunately for you I'm not a credulous 10 year old. That might be your target demographic though. With them, you have some chance with your whoppers.

God usually doen't inrerven in physical affairs but He does sometimes.

Sure. Just when no-one is watching, right? I wonder why that is? Oh yeah, it's because he really isn't there at all and it's all in your head. Lol.

Why He chooses what he chooses to Intervene with, I do not know. But I and many many others who Know Him have seen His work. He also imbues certain Believers with His Grace and Powers.Things you have no idea of, nor if you keep going at the rate you're going, will EVER know.

You're correct. I will never be delusional.

Here's some examples of what people can do when Infused with the Holy Spirit. I have also seen these things. I hear about then ever single Sunday at Church when we speak about Testimonies from Our Prayer headquarters. Oh, you won't believe that but as a Born Again Christian who had Agreed to a Covenant with God the Father to devote his life to Spreading His Word and Grace, I am compelled to tell you anyway. It's what I do. IN the hope that someday you lost souls will See the Light.

That's such a reputable site, ABR. I could almost believe it. No, just kidding.

Medical miracles? Has God ever regrown a limb on an amputee? If not, why not?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 6:24:51 AM
At 8/26/2015 5:09:34 AM, dee-em wrote:

Butt boy? I can feel that Christian love flowing from you, brother. What's the matter? Have you been caught in one too many lies, or had one too many instances of 'signs' from God exposed? You're sounding angry. Perhaps you should lie down for a while with a sedative. (And stop lying).

Unfortunately for you I'm not a credulous 10 year old. That might be your target demographic though. With them, you have some chance with your whoppers.

Sure. Just when no-one is watching, right? I wonder why that is? Oh yeah, it's because he really isn't there at all and it's all in your head. Lol.

Why He chooses what he chooses to Intervene with, I do not know. But I and many many others who Know Him have seen His work. He also imbues certain Believers with His Grace and Powers.Things you have no idea of, nor if you keep going at the rate you're going, will EVER know.

There is no such thing as miraculous activity, i. e. the setting aside of the laws of nature, for lack of a better word, today.

I am forced to attend AA/NA meetings, although there is no need in it, and all it is is one big argument because those tards claim that when they stop using drugs, "It's a miracle". The oddity is that one guy that goes there does have an amputated leg, and I posed the query, "Why doesn't God worry about that amputated leg instead of some drunk who wants to run to the liquor store?"

Folks claiming signs, wonders, miracles, and the like today are unknowingly exhibiting a rather lackluster Bible knowledge. The Bible doesn't teach that God scurries about healing this and that just because it's a nice thing for him to do. Those miracles described in the Bible had a purpose, and there are a dozen statements to that effect.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 7:47:48 AM

--

the only way to disprove science, is with more science
then again it's too bad that your GOD will protect a statue, but won't protect children being molested and raped by priests.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:18:08 AM
At 8/26/2015 7:47:48 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:

--

the only way to disprove science, is with more science
then again it's too bad that your GOD will protect a statue, but won't protect children being molested and raped by priests.

Priorities. Flip pages in a Bible and douse a minor grass fire. Yep. Help some sports jock win a medal. Yep. Save a child from sadistic abuse or death from any number of incurable diseases. Nope.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:52:44 AM
The grass around the statue protected it. Grass is hard to burn when it's not dry and dead. Plus a guarantee you if not only the statue survived but a Ricky Martin figurine, you'd only hear about the statue, oh and what's up with Catholics putting up less statues of Jesus than the Virgin Mary?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:54:43 AM
At 8/25/2015 8:24:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
Here is another report (I could find none in the mainstream media, no surprise) which shows in a second photo that the statue sits on a concrete pad and there is rocky ground around it with nothing much to burn. In contrast you can see areas of ash in the background where there was heavier vegetation cover. This is all natural and perfectly explicable.

http://iamproudtobecatholic.com...

Grow up children.

I love these stories of everything but a bible burning in fires and stuff, when you know dam well if it was everything but a bible and used condom, they'd convince themselves that only the bible survived.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:58:15 AM

--

Another crazy thread by the very gullible!
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:30:52 AM
In developed countries, about one in one thousand infants under the age of one year dies from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and Spain, a 70% Roman Catholic country, has about 423,000 live births every year.

So here's part of God's moral report card for Spain this year:

Innocent lives needlessly lost to SIDS: 423
Replaceable statues of Virgin Mary miraculously saved from minor grass fire: 1
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:00:35 PM
At 8/26/2015 11:30:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
In developed countries, about one in one thousand infants under the age of one year dies from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and Spain, a 70% Roman Catholic country, has about 423,000 live births every year.

How sick the deity would be if it saved a statue of Mary, whom Jesus didn't seem to rate over much, yet let innocent kids die!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:20:34 PM
At 8/26/2015 11:30:52 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Yes, the response to that from the author is already in the OP...

I really couldn't care less.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:38:23 PM
Its all been covered, but I will add. This is why the religious have such a hard time convincing a skeptic. Your bar is set low do to wishful thinking. If you saw this same picture with a clump of porno mags in the middle you would not be talking about Gods grace.

So, when the religious tell me the proof is everywhere, this is the sort of stuff I am to think of? He11, if this is a PRIME example, then it is reasonable for me to dismiss any time someone tells me "the signs are everywhere".
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 9:19:53 PM

all credibility you ever had with me--which was always little--is now completely erased since you think I had a deeply religious upbriging. I certainly did not. never went to Church a day in my life while livng at home with my adoptive parents. and certainly not before then. I was surrounded my atheism and apathy. grew up lower class, almost poor, among minorities. Oh wait I DID go to a Baptist Sunday school thingie with a black friend about three of four times on year, when I was around 13, to be in a rec basketball league deal. that's it. My mother would constantly deny God and mock religion, just like you. the fact that you call me a liar with not a shred of reason or just becasue you don't believe my Salvation really paints oyu out to be a petty little man who has the WORST of both worlds! (I was gonna do a LOL there but I thought for a second and it's really not funny but sad). You as a atheist embrace logic yet you don't even USE it when you accuse me of an absurdity. why the hell would I ever lie about growing up athiest and poor? why not just say I WAS raised religious but then left the Church and was a atheist for my adulthood.
You woudnt have lasted one week at my high school. you'd be the smarmy little nerd who got his lunch money taken form him every day and then beat up until Mommy put you in a private school. this I know. I know more about you than you'll ever realize. So I know how weak you are. Godless, weak, not very bright with a average IQ and Im guessing you had only sisters. If you say you dindt you're a LIAR!!!!!!!

LOL. see how ridiculous you are.

Ignorant too. Who says God never has healed missing limbs? He has many many times. Your like a blind guy in a cave who says God has never made a sunny day. in other words your experience and senors are limited to God and what he can do and Does. For that I am sorry but still cannot waste any more time with you. Too busy, too many deserving folks I need to help Find the Word. I will give you a parting bit of knowledge though. do with it what oyu want.

http://www.gotquestions.org...
harvester
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:58:30 PM

God usually doen't inrerven in physical affairs but He does sometimes. Why He chooses what he chooses to Intervene with, I do not know. But I and many many others who Know Him have seen His work. He also imbues certain Believers with His Grace and Powers.Things you have no idea of, nor if you keep going at the rate you're going, will EVER know.

http://www.collective-evolution.com... : :

God usually doen't inrerven in physical affairs but He does sometimes

If you knew God, He wouldn't allow you to keep lying the way you do.
The people of this earth do not understand this; http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 2:14:10 PM

What you do is so easy. Deny the obvious because it doesn't agree with your ideas.

Tell us who is denying the obvious, oh honest one. Have a look at the photos. Is the statue on a concrete pad? Is the ground around it barren apart from a stray runner of grass or two? Is there anything in a radius around the statue which can burn? Has anything supernatural happened or is it all a confirmation of how nature obeys the physical laws of of the universe? Now please insist again how it is atheists who are denying the evidence of their own eyes.

You guys are so used to lying for Jesus that it comes as second nature for you. The only thing obvious is that theists are ever gullible.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 2:27:19 PM
At 8/26/2015 9:19:53 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

all credibility you ever had with me--which was always little--is now completely erased since you think I had a deeply religious upbriging. I certainly did not. never went to Church a day in my life while livng at home with my adoptive parents. and certainly not before then. I was surrounded my atheism and apathy. grew up lower class, almost poor, among minorities. Oh wait I DID go to a Baptist Sunday school thingie with a black friend about three of four times on year, when I was around 13, to be in a rec basketball league deal. that's it. My mother would constantly deny God and mock religion, just like you. the fact that you call me a liar with not a shred of reason or just becasue you don't believe my Salvation really paints oyu out to be a petty little man who has the WORST of both worlds! (I was gonna do a LOL there but I thought for a second and it's really not funny but sad). You as a atheist embrace logic yet you don't even USE it when you accuse me of an absurdity. why the hell would I ever lie about growing up athiest and poor? why not just say I WAS raised religious but then left the Church and was a atheist for my adulthood.

You lied all the time when you were Saint_of_Me. It's what you do.

You woudnt have lasted one week at my high school. you'd be the smarmy little nerd who got his lunch money taken form him every day and then beat up until Mommy put you in a private school. this I know.

So, you were either the bully in high school or you got beat up and your lunch money stolen, which is it?

I know more about you than you'll ever realize. So I know how weak you are. Godless, weak, not very bright with a average IQ and Im guessing you had only sisters. If you say you dindt you're a LIAR!!!!!!!

LOL. see how ridiculous you are.

Let's see how ridiculous you are...

Ignorant too. Who says God never has healed missing limbs? He has many many times.

LOL. Yeah, that's REALLY ridiculous. Well done.

Your like a blind guy in a cave who says God has never made a sunny day. in other words your experience and senors are limited to God and what he can do and Does. For that I am sorry but still cannot waste any more time with you. Too busy, too many deserving folks I need to help Find the Word. I will give you a parting bit of knowledge though. do with it what oyu want.

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 2:35:53 PM
At 8/26/2015 9:19:53 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Why indeed? With your track record of telling whoppers, who can believe anything you say? I may not know exactly when you got religion, but you were never an atheist. That is not absurd, it is simply observation as I have already explained to you. No former atheist would make the inane assertions that you do. They would be too embarrassed. Lol.

You woudnt have lasted one week at my high school. you'd be the smarmy little nerd who got his lunch money taken form him every day and then beat up until Mommy put you in a private school. this I know. I know more about you than you'll ever realize. So I know how weak you are. Godless, weak, not very bright with a average IQ and Im guessing you had only sisters. If you say you dindt you're a LIAR!!!!!!!

I can still feel that Christian love, brother. What a hypocrite you have shown yourself to be. You are fine unless someone challenges your obvious lies. Then all pretense goes out of the window.

Ignorant too. Who says God never has healed missing limbs? He has many many times.

Please feel free to cite a reputable source documenting such a miracle. Or is this another of your endless whoppers?

Your like a blind guy in a cave who says God has never made a sunny day. in other words your experience and senors are limited to God and what he can do and Does. For that I am sorry but still cannot waste any more time with you. Too busy, too many deserving folks I need to help Find the Word.

Too many more gullible to hoodwink is more like it.

I will give you a parting bit of knowledge though. do with it what oyu want.

You're kidding, right? Yet more proof that you were never an atheist when you trot this BS out. I'll place it carefully in the round file where it belongs with all the other rubbish. Lol.