Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

God needs is to put it all back together??

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:13:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
my fella Christians--good to see you and I hope you are well and happy in God's Loving Grace.

I was reading a book a friend gave me last night here at work-it was dead and I had to work til midnight, like tonight. She's a Kabbalah-ist, whatever they call themselves (LOL) and it was talking about their ideas on Theodicy--nature of God and all that. What he wants for us. I didn't expect to get much out of this book as I have always found the Kabbalah maddeningly abstruse. But I liked this one idea. it went something like this. (right off I want to say if theres any real Kabbalah folks here and I say this wrong, please please correct me.) I think maybe Harksish is into this? So, brother, if you are let me know.

They say that God intentionally "broke" or "disabled" the perfect Universe after he Made it. Why? Because after He made it He made us and we are His special children. Students. And He wants us to learn how to fix it. Think of a Loving Father taking apart, say a car engine or a model plane after he perfectly built it, so his children can learn to make it on their own. And maybe as good or BETTER than before! This is what god wants for us. To learn and He is there for instructions when we pray to him. It had to be this way, since a perfect world would give us nothing to work on and to learn from. This is also why He doesn't intervene usually, but will if we Come to Him. Like again a Father watching from the wings as His children learn and build.

We do this through love and helping each other and when we do these good things, deeds--the Kaballahists call them mitzvahs, they have Cosmic Reverberations that go into re-perfecting this flawed world. I think our trying to rebuild all this is called "tikkun" or sometihng like that. They say God is Without Limits. "Ein Sof." The word Kabballh means "to receive from" and their whole dogma revolves around how to "tune in" and receive God who they admit is elusive but for a Reason. We need to strive. (this is what the Athieits never get; they all want proof. Why should God show them? they aint earned spit. LOL.

So thats a layman's nutshell of what I took from the Kabbalah idea on God's Nature and Wants for us. I really like it, and see no conflict in it of our Christian views. I think it dovetails pretty well and after all the Kabbalahists are sort of like the Hebrew Mystics. Sort of like what most mainstream Christians think of the Pentecostals might be a semi-good comparison.

Fire away and tell me what you like or dont like about this idea. As always..God Bless
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:29:47 PM
At 8/25/2015 2:13:02 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
my fella Christians--good to see you and I hope you are well and happy in God's Loving Grace.

I was reading a book a friend gave me last night here at work-it was dead and I had to work til midnight, like tonight. She's a Kabbalah-ist, whatever they call themselves (LOL) and it was talking about their ideas on Theodicy--nature of God and all that. What he wants for us. I didn't expect to get much out of this book as I have always found the Kabbalah maddeningly abstruse. But I liked this one idea. it went something like this. (right off I want to say if theres any real Kabbalah folks here and I say this wrong, please please correct me.) I think maybe Harksish is into this? So, brother, if you are let me know.

They say that God intentionally "broke" or "disabled" the perfect Universe after he Made it. Why? Because after He made it He made us and we are His special children. Students. And He wants us to learn how to fix it. Think of a Loving Father taking apart, say a car engine or a model plane after he perfectly built it, so his children can learn to make it on their own. And maybe as good or BETTER than before! This is what god wants for us. To learn and He is there for instructions when we pray to him. It had to be this way, since a perfect world would give us nothing to work on and to learn from. This is also why He doesn't intervene usually, but will if we Come to Him. Like again a Father watching from the wings as His children learn and build.

We do this through love and helping each other and when we do these good things, deeds--the Kaballahists call them mitzvahs, they have Cosmic Reverberations that go into re-perfecting this flawed world. I think our trying to rebuild all this is called "tikkun" or sometihng like that. They say God is Without Limits. "Ein Sof." The word Kabballh means "to receive from" and their whole dogma revolves around how to "tune in" and receive God who they admit is elusive but for a Reason. We need to strive. (this is what the Athieits never get; they all want proof. Why should God show them? they aint earned spit. LOL.

So thats a layman's nutshell of what I took from the Kabbalah idea on God's Nature and Wants for us. I really like it, and see no conflict in it of our Christian views. I think it dovetails pretty well and after all the Kabbalahists are sort of like the Hebrew Mystics. Sort of like what most mainstream Christians think of the Pentecostals might be a semi-good comparison.

Fire away and tell me what you like or dont like about this idea. As always..God Bless

I think the Kabbalah is quite refreshing because it downplays its early roots in Judaism which was very nationalistic ( the Jews being the chosen people) and takes on a more universalist message. But by watering down its message and methods, it is hardly distinguishable from eastern mysticism and ancient religions like Hinduism which are more suitable alternatives to any new age enthusiasts.
A good way to evaluate the effectiveness of Jewish teachings in all its different manifestations is to look at the current state of Israel.
After thousands of years of scriptural and rabbinical discourses and all the lessons taught by the great prophets and God himself. Are the Jewish people and Israel a reflection of spirituality and a peace loving compassionate people forged and tempered by their covenant with God.
It turns out they are not what one would expect of a people chosen by God. Their treatment of the Palestinians in territories they illegally occupy. The secret nuclear bombs that could destroy their neighbours. And their meddling in the politics of the region and influencing the US to back their indiscriminate genocidal actions.
It was the Germans that gassed 6 million Jews, why are they taking it out on the Palestinians and their neighbours in the Middle East.
Religion has to first work for the people who are expounding it. How many people see Jews as peaceful, spiritual Kabbalah universalist who believe and practice the core principles of their beliefs?

There are five core principles:

1. Sharing: Sharing is the purpose of life and the only way to truly receive fulfillment. When individuals share, they connect to the force of energy that Kabbalah calls the Light"the Infinite Source of Goodness, the Divine Force, the Creator. By sharing, one can overcome ego"the force of negativity.

2. Awareness and Balance of the Ego: The ego is a voice inside that directs people to be selfish, narrow-minded, limited, addicted, hurtful, irresponsible, negative, angry, and hateful. The ego is a main source of problems because it allows us to believe that others are separate from us. It is the opposite of sharing and humility. The ego also has a positive side, as it motivates one to take action. It is up to each individual to choose whether they act for themselves or whether to also act in the well-being of others. It is important to be aware of one"s ego and to balance the positives and negatives.

3. Existence of Spiritual Laws: There are spiritual laws in the universe that affect people"s lives. One of these is the Law of Cause and Effect: What one puts out is what one get back, or what we sow is what we reap.

4. We Are All One: Every human being has within him- or herself a spark of the Creator that binds each and every person into one totality. This understanding informs us of the spiritual precept that every human being must be treated with dignity at all times, under any circumstances. Individually, everyone is responsible for war and poverty in all parts of the world and individuals can"t enjoy true and lasting fulfillment as long as others are suffering.

5. Leaving Our Comfort Zone Can Create Miracles: Becoming uncomfortable for the sake of helping others taps us into a spiritual dimension that ultimately brings Light and positivity to our lives.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 1:58:50 PM
At 8/25/2015 10:20:08 AM, graceofgod wrote:
not sure why God would produce something that is purposely broken??

The logic seems to be:

Perfect universe --> must be God
Broken universe --> must be God
Dying universe --> yep, God again

He's got his God-coloured glasses on.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:08:18 PM
(this is what the Athieits never get; they all want proof. Why should God show them? they aint earned spit. LOL.

So, you lived a lifestyle that a stupid person would lead and that's how you earned spit?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:25:41 PM

Well it's a violation of occams razor. The world as it is now, it is not necessary to presuppose the existence of some former ideal world from which we have departed from.

It would be nice I suppose if we have some evidence of some human past where they lived in some ideal world (what people envision here differs).

But who needs evidence when we have the bible......................right ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 5:11:19 PM
Well, I wouldn't logically want to argue with a message that promotes love, forgiveness, kindness, and generosity. Nor would I want to logically argue with a message that promotes seeking insight/wisdom as a goal. Personally, think the childish mythology that accompanies these ideals is unnecessary, and rather silly, but to each his own, I guess.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 7:32:50 PM
At 8/25/2015 2:25:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Well it's a violation of occams razor. The world as it is now, it is not necessary to presuppose the existence of some former ideal world from which we have departed from.

It would be nice I suppose if we have some evidence of some human past where they lived in some ideal world (what people envision here differs).

Hmm..not really a violation of Occam. Since that pertains to only physical laws and situations in our physical world. Occam's Razor is not nearly expansive enough or equipped enough to deal with Aspects of God or the paranormal. its like using basic math skills, addition and subtraction, to understand or verify quantum mechanics. In other words, it falls woefully short and inept.

God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 7:34:30 PM
At 8/25/2015 8:29:40 AM, dee-em wrote:
God gives out broken toys? I think I prefer Santa. Lol.

Of course you do. All atheists want something for nothing. Demands from a God they don't even try to know. Your answer is juvenile, smarmy and belies your ignorance on ANY matter beyond the temporary and physical. no suprises here. But thanks for contributing--albeit very little--to my thread.

God Bless.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 7:44:17 PM
At 8/25/2015 1:29:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I think the Kabbalah is quite refreshing because it downplays its early roots in Judaism which was very nationalistic ( the Jews being the chosen people) and takes on a more universalist message. But by watering down its message and methods, it is hardly distinguishable from eastern mysticism and ancient religions like Hinduism which are more suitable alternatives to any new age enthusiasts.
A good way to evaluate the effectiveness of Jewish teachings in all its different manifestations is to look at the current state of Israel.
After thousands of years of scriptural and rabbinical discourses and all the lessons taught by the great prophets and God himself. Are the Jewish people and Israel a reflection of spirituality and a peace loving compassionate people forged and tempered by their covenant with God.
It turns out they are not what one would expect of a people chosen by God. Their treatment of the Palestinians in territories they illegally occupy. The secret nuclear bombs that could destroy their neighbours. And their meddling in the politics of the region and influencing the US to back their indiscriminate genocidal actions.
It was the Germans that gassed 6 million Jews, why are they taking it out on the Palestinians and their neighbours in the Middle East.
Religion has to first work for the people who are expounding it. How many people see Jews as peaceful, spiritual Kabbalah universalist who believe and practice the core principles of their beliefs?

There are five core principles:

1. Sharing: Sharing is the purpose of life and the only way to truly receive fulfillment. When individuals share, they connect to the force of energy that Kabbalah calls the Light"the Infinite Source of Goodness, the Divine Force, the Creator. By sharing, one can overcome ego"the force of negativity.

2. Awareness and Balance of the Ego: The ego is a voice inside that directs people to be selfish, narrow-minded, limited, addicted, hurtful, irresponsible, negative, angry, and hateful. The ego is a main source of problems because it allows us to believe that others are separate from us. It is the opposite of sharing and humility. The ego also has a positive side, as it motivates one to take action. It is up to each individual to choose whether they act for themselves or whether to also act in the well-being of others. It is important to be aware of one"s ego and to balance the positives and negatives.

3. Existence of Spiritual Laws: There are spiritual laws in the universe that affect people"s lives. One of these is the Law of Cause and Effect: What one puts out is what one get back, or what we sow is what we reap.

4. We Are All One: Every human being has within him- or herself a spark of the Creator that binds each and every person into one totality. This understanding informs us of the spiritual precept that every human being must be treated with dignity at all times, under any circumstances. Individually, everyone is responsible for war and poverty in all parts of the world and individuals can"t enjoy true and lasting fulfillment as long as others are suffering.

5. Leaving Our Comfort Zone Can Create Miracles: Becoming uncomfortable for the sake of helping others taps us into a spiritual dimension that ultimately brings Light and positivity to our lives.

Hey Harikish, good to see you. I like your Five Points, and think that its what we call a Syncretic View, as it takes some of the best ideas from many different religions and synths them into one overall dogma. My Church, Unit does this. As we use Theosophy, Buddhism, Christianity. I once heard a Theologian sayin alot of the world religions are like spokes on a wheel, leading to the "hub" which is God. Your #5 is a big part of our Theology. And #3 also, re: our emphasis on Power of prayer.

Not sure I agree with alot of the Kabballah views, I need to read their Zohar for that, and plan to check it out. That's their main Holy Book with commentary and musings on Kabbalah. I DO like the idea of our Good Deeds al having Cosmic Repercussions. They say each one is like a Spark which goes to help Rebuild. Seems Adam had all the Sparks but when He fell they wer exploded, spread all over and now God wants us to help Him Restore. When we put forth enough "sparks" we rise to the next level. This reminds me of the Buddhist's Nirvana; the Wheel of Samsara in a way.

And I like their emphasis on Good Works and not just Faith. In fact if I understood correctly Faith is a small part of it.

God Bless.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 7:46:46 PM
At 8/25/2015 1:58:50 PM, dee-em wrote:

The logic seems to be:

I guess the main problem is how does something so tiny and insignificant as man even try to comprehend the mind of God...?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 8:07:36 PM
At 8/25/2015 7:46:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:

The logic seems to be:

I guess the main problem is how does something so tiny and insignificant as man even try to comprehend the mind of God...?

From what we've seen, God's mind is childish, selfish and vain. Grown ups can comprehend such a mind and see it is wanting of reason, logic and rationale.

Intelligence doesn't demand praise and worship, that comes from dictators and despots.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:11:50 PM
At 8/25/2015 7:34:30 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Of course you do. All atheists want something for nothing.

Do we? Interesting generalization. Please explain.

Demands from a God they don't even try to know.

You mean a God who is in witness protection? You can't know something which doesn't exist.

Your answer is juvenile, smarmy and belies your ignorance on ANY matter beyond the temporary and physical. no suprises here.

You didn't like getting gifts from Santa? Poor thing. What a deprived childhood you must have had.

But thanks for contributing--albeit very little--to my thread.

I contributed some humour as welcome relief from the inanity of your tedious posts. You should be grateful. Lol.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:21:21 PM
At 8/25/2015 7:46:46 PM, graceofgod wrote:

The logic seems to be:

That's not a problem at all since God is made in the image of man.

The real problem would be that if there were a creator God independent of the invention of the human mind, then why would this being care about something as tiny and insignificant as man?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:35:47 AM
At 8/25/2015 7:32:50 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/25/2015 2:25:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Hmm..not really a violation of Occam. Since that pertains to only physical laws and situations in our physical world. Occam's Razor is not nearly expansive enough or equipped enough to deal with Aspects of God or the paranormal. its like using basic math skills, addition and subtraction, to understand or verify quantum mechanics. In other words, it falls woefully short and inept.

God Bless.

The ideal past world proposition does pertain to the physical world, so even by your standard occams razor applies.

And no God doesn't get a special exemption here any more than Santa Claus does or we all live in the matrix does.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 1:16:33 AM
At 8/25/2015 7:34:30 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Of course you do. All atheists want something for nothing. Demands from a God they don't even try to know.

What demands? That He show Himself. That's way too much to ask for?

Your answer is juvenile, smarmy and belies your ignorance on ANY matter beyond the temporary and physical. no suprises here.

You would be lying if you said you had any knowledge beyond the physical. No surprise there either.

But thanks for contributing--albeit very little--to my thread.

God Bless.