Jump to topic:

Kingdom of God

harvester
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 5:10:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
A floor is like the Kingdom of God. Most people walk all over it without hearing it.

The kingdom wasn"t meant for the deaf and blind to see and hear. It was meant for those who heard and now see.

The Kingdom is like a see-thru mirror that people see their reflection in.

There"s only one way to tell if the Kingdom of God exists, but you"ll have to die once to enter it.

One time in the kingdom and you're hooked for life.

When the kingdom comes no one will see it. Those who are in it can see everyone looking for it. When they're invited in, they can't see the entrance. If the door is held open for them, they don't believe it's open. I'm sure glad the kingdom isn"t for those who are looking for it.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 8:13:29 PM
At 8/25/2015 5:10:10 PM, harvester wrote:
A floor is like the Kingdom of God. Most people walk all over it without hearing it.

The kingdom wasn"t meant for the deaf and blind to see and hear. It was meant for those who heard and now see.

There"s only one way to tell if the Kingdom of God exists, but you"ll have to die once to enter it.

Here are few words from the Bible, about the Kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then my servants would fight, that I wouldn't be delivered to the Jews. But now my kingdom is not from here."
John 18:36

"The Kingdom of God doesn't come with observation; neither will they say, 'Look, here!' or, 'Look, there!' for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."
Luke 17:20-21

Jesus answered him, "Most assuredly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can't see the Kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:31-33
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 6:26:18 AM

When the kingdom comes no one will see it.

It's already come.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 7:38:02 AM

When the kingdom comes no one will see it. Those who are in it can see everyone looking for it. When they're invited in, they can't see the entrance. If the door is held open for them, they don't believe it's open. I'm sure glad the kingdom isn"t for those who are looking for it.

Brad?
harvester
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 1:04:04 PM
The Kingdom is one of many, the many are one and the one is all you need.

For every soul who is lost on the way, the Kingdom weeps for them. But their spirit will give joy to the Kingdom forever and ever.

A Kingdom of men falls and can't get up. Only those men who are in the Kingdom will rule forever.

A man goes down to the well to get a pail of water but sees the well is dry, so he doesn't drop his bucket down the well. The man right behind him drops his bucket in the well and pulls up a full pail of clean water. As he leaves, he stops to bless the man standing there with a confused look and tells him the Kingdom is near.

A lost sheep came upon a fenced pasture full of shepherds. So the sheep asked the shepherd closest to him, "Do you know where my home is?" The shepherd replied, I don't know where you're home is but you"re welcome to join us shepherds.

When you look for something you can't see, not only are you blind, but you are deaf and dumb besides. All you needed to do was ask.
harvester
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 1:50:20 PM
God's Kingdom was made in the beginning and filled with those who love him. We are still finding them today and those we left behind will be found.

The Kingdom is for those people who weren"t looking for it. They only heard about it and then entered without looking at all.

Once you"re in the Kingdom for a while and get to know those outside the Kingdom, you wonder how you ever made it.

Patience goes a long ways. All the way into the kingdom it goes.

Who says we have to obey God. We"re not living by the Law anymore since Jesus came. Think about this for awhile and wonder why you"re not in the kingdom yet.

You can read about the kingdom all your life without ever getting in the kingdom. You can be in the kingdom all your life without ever reading a thing.

There"s enough light in the kingdom to keep out the dark forever.

The most difficult route to the Kingdom is the one you"re on.

The trip to the Kingdom can be full of surprises, deceptions, depressions, excitement, joy, anger, love, peace, obedience, disobedience, church, Bible study, humbleness, control, passion, desire, lying, foolishness, repentance of sins, forgiveness of sins, wisdom and understanding. Make sure you have plenty of faith to take the trip.

The Lord is very easy to follow once you"re in the Kingdom but watching everyone else try to follow him is extremely hard.

Most people in the kingdom have been there a long time, at least before man was created.

The way to the kingdom is not the right way to religious people regardless of what Jesus says about it.

If Christianity converted everyone in the world, the Kingdom of God wouldn"t grow an inch.

The kingdom of the rich have made God"s Kingdom impossible to find.

The Kingdom of God is to religion as God is to Satan.

You can keep sinning right up to the day you enter the Kingdom but you have to obey God long before that day.

No one can understand what it"s like to be in the Kingdom of God based on anything they see, read or hear. This leaves faith as the only way to understand it.

Once you"re in the Kingdom of God, then everything will make sense. But understanding the Kingdom of God takes experience.

Faith is only good if it gets you into the Kingdom of God. What good is faith if you stay in your sins and die?

If you can see the Kingdom of God, then you belong to a religion.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:46:32 PM

Jesus taught us to pray for Gods kingdom coming to the earth.
Psalm 46:8-9-- no more wars on earth
Psalm 72:16--Plenty of food on the earth for all
Isaiah 65: 21-22--- suitable homes for everyone
Micah 4:4--no more fear
Psalm 37:10-11--no more wicked on earth.
2Pet 3:13--new heavens, new earth, righteousness will dwell--rev 21:1-4
John 5:28-29--A resurrection of dead loved ones-
Rev 21:4--no more mourning, outcrys or pain or death
Isaiah 11:6-9-- harmony amongst all creatures of the earth.

Gods kingdom( rule) is coming to the earth
The new earth = not a new planet, but a new system of things--Gods kingdom in full control of all creation--no more satan influence.

Eden translated- paradise--Gods orginal plan for the earth, it will come to pass in his kingdom.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:17:25 PM
At 8/26/2015 10:46:32 PM, kjw47 wrote:

No, He didn't. He taught those who were standing right there with him to pray that the kingdom would come. After all, John at preached that it was at hand. Jesus said that the time was fulfilled for its arrive - and it was at hand. Then He said that some living at the time would not die before it came.

It's here now. Paul was in it. John was in it. The Colossians were in it. The first readers of Revelation were in it. Yet in order to sustain your ridiculous views on prophesy, you'll back up and say, "It ain't here yet!"
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
harvester
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:21:59 PM

Psalm 46:8-9-- no more wars on earth
Psalm 72:16--Plenty of food on the earth for all
Isaiah 65: 21-22--- suitable homes for everyone
Micah 4:4--no more fear
Psalm 37:10-11--no more wicked on earth.
2Pet 3:13--new heavens, new earth, righteousness will dwell--rev 21:1-4
John 5:28-29--A resurrection of dead loved ones-
Rev 21:4--no more mourning, outcrys or pain or death
Isaiah 11:6-9-- harmony amongst all creatures of the earth.

The new earth = not a new planet, but a new system of things--Gods kingdom in full control of all creation--no more satan influence.

Eden translated- paradise--Gods orginal plan for the earth, it will come to pass in his kingdom.

Be patient. The Servant David will be known by all God's people in Paradise.

Ezekiel 34
22: I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23: And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.
24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.
25: "I will make with them a covenant of peace and banish wild beasts from the land, so that they may dwell securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.
26: And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:37:47 PM
At 8/26/2015 11:17:25 PM, annanicole wrote:

No, He didn't. He taught those who were standing right there with him to pray that the kingdom would come. After all, John at preached that it was at hand. Jesus said that the time was fulfilled for its arrive - and it was at hand. Then He said that some living at the time would not die before it came.

It's here now. Paul was in it. John was in it. The Colossians were in it. The first readers of Revelation were in it. Yet in order to sustain your ridiculous views on prophesy, you'll back up and say, "It ain't here yet!"

I just showed with all those scriptures what Gods kingdom promises for mortals on earth. it has not yet occurred. They may have been in the kingdom spiritually, but not physically. And the proof' of what occurred to all of them by the will of satan is a guarantee you are incorrect in what you are believing.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:47:08 PM
At 8/28/2015 8:37:47 PM, kjw47 wrote:

I just showed with all those scriptures what Gods kingdom promises for mortals on earth. it has not yet occurred.

Look, we aren't accepting a ridiculous literalistic approach to those prophesies about people petting tigers on the head, and lions and lambs grazing out in the pasture together. The kingdom of heaven heralded by John and Jesus isn't an outward thing. Do you not see that your entire theology along this line is determined by an absurdly literalistic approach to very figurative, very poetic prophesies. Couple that with the fact that the WatchTower's record on predictions concerning these prophesies approaches zero.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:35:25 PM
At 8/28/2015 8:47:08 PM, annanicole wrote:

I just showed with all those scriptures what Gods kingdom promises for mortals on earth. it has not yet occurred.

Look, we aren't accepting a ridiculous literalistic approach to those prophesies about people petting tigers on the head, and lions and lambs grazing out in the pasture together. The kingdom of heaven heralded by John and Jesus isn't an outward thing. Do you not see that your entire theology along this line is determined by an absurdly literalistic approach to very figurative, very poetic prophesies. Couple that with the fact that the WatchTower's record on predictions concerning these prophesies approaches zero.

You shall see --it is stated at least 30 times in Ezekial for then and about the last days--They will have to know I am Jehovah. He is Jesus' God and Father, try listening to Jesus.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 11:44:19 PM
At 8/28/2015 10:35:25 PM, kjw47 wrote:

You shall see --it is stated at least 30 times in Ezekial for then and about the last days--They will have to know I am Jehovah. He is Jesus' God and Father, try listening to Jesus.

Like we "saw" in 1874, 1878, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, throughout the 1930's? You'll see! You'll see! I couldn't care less about your literalistic speculations that demote Jesus to the level of a crown prince for about 1,850 years. The "last days" oftentimes refers simply to the gospel age.
satan_killer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 12:32:10 AM
At 8/29/2015 12:03:39 AM, Lee308 wrote:
There is no "kingdom of god"

sorry to say, santa claus is not real. : :

Neither are atheists.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 8:28:19 PM
At 8/28/2015 11:44:19 PM, annanicole wrote:

Like we "saw" in 1874, 1878, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, throughout the 1930's? You'll see! You'll see! I couldn't care less about your literalistic speculations that demote Jesus to the level of a crown prince for about 1,850 years. The "last days" oftentimes refers simply to the gospel age.

Jesus' teachings prove it all Annanicole--you refuse to believe him.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 10:36:13 PM
At 8/29/2015 8:28:19 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Like His teaching at John 2: 19?

Like His teaching at Mark 9: 1?
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 11:01:49 PM
At 8/29/2015 10:36:13 PM, annanicole wrote:

As far as Mark 9:1---- Jesus was appointed Gods king for a millennial reign=1000 years--it has been well over 1980 years since Jesus said that--so obviously since this has not been done as of yet ( Rev 19:11-16) it carried a different meaning than what you think is said. Jesus was talking to the true followers in the statement some of you here--not to those thenm but to the ones who live to see that ride at Har-mageddon--it has not occurred yet.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 11:19:27 PM
At 8/29/2015 11:01:49 PM, kjw47 wrote:

As far as Mark 9:1---- Jesus was appointed Gods king for a millennial reign=1000 years--it has been well over 1980 years since Jesus said that--so obviously since this has not been done as of yet ( Rev 19:11-16) it carried a different meaning than what you think is said. Jesus was talking to the true followers in the statement some of you here--not to those thenm but to the ones who live to see that ride at Har-mageddon--it has not occurred yet.

Mark 9: 1 says,

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There are some here of them that stand by, who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Yes, He was talking to His true followers - and they were standing right there with Him at the time. He wasn't yapping to folks 2,000+ years down the road.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:34:07 AM
At 8/29/2015 11:19:27 PM, annanicole wrote:

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There are some here of them that stand by, who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Yes, He was talking to His true followers - and they were standing right there with Him at the time. He wasn't yapping to folks 2,000+ years down the road.

Jesus spoke in parables, and yes much symbolism was used in the nt--it kept satan in spiritual darkness.
I would suggest Jesus was referring to them seeing his fulfilling of the ransom sacrifice which made the future coming of Gods kingdom a reality, without him succeeding it wouldn't be possible. He as well said to those standing there--some of you standing here will never taste death--but all of them died, so it had a future fulfillment--spoken in general to the true followers. The only ones who will not taste death are the few remaining anointed taken up during the tribulation and the great multitude who are brought through Har-mageddon.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:38:39 AM
At 8/30/2015 12:34:07 AM, kjw47 wrote:

Jesus spoke in parables, and yes much symbolism was used in the nt--it kept satan in spiritual darkness.

Is that your way of trying to tell us that Jesus didn't mean what He said?

I would suggest Jesus was referring to them seeing his fulfilling of the ransom sacrifice which made the future coming of Gods kingdom a reality, without him succeeding it wouldn't be possible.

That's not what He said. That's not what He even implied. He said that some of the folks that were standing right there with Him would still be alive when the kingdom came. That's easy enough.

He as well said to those standing there--some of you standing here will never taste death--but all of them died, so it had a future fulfillment--spoken in general to the true followers.

Yes, but the kingdom came - was established, and was established with power - before they all died. The fact that you simply deny it in order to leave a crack in the window for your literalistic, future-fulfillment speculations is of no importance. All it does is verify that this "future fulfillment" scenario is pure nonsense - and it over and over again causes you to deny the plain words of scripture.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:26:31 AM

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

1. The time for the appearance of the kingdom was fulfilled back in AD 30 (Mark 1: 14-15)
2. Heralded as "near" and "at hand" by John (Matt 3: 2)
3. Heralded as "near" and "at hand" by Jesus (Matt 4: 17, Mark 1: 14,15)
4. Preached as "at hand" by the twelve disciples (Matt 10: 7, Luke 9: 2)
5. Preached as "nigh unto you" by the seventy (Luke 10: 9)
6. Awaited by Joseph of Arimethea (Mark 15: 43)
7. Disciples were to pray for its coming (Matt 6: 10)
9. Would appear before some standing with the Lord would die (Mark 9: 1)
10. Would come with power, power would come with the Spirit
11. Would all occur in Jerusalem
12. Peter was granted the keys to it
13. After Pentecost, Paul was in it (Col 1: 13)
14. After Pentecost, the Colossians were in it (Col 1: 13)
15. After Pentecost, John was in it
16. The first readers of Revelation were in it

Yet since you want to speculate about prophesies that have already been fulfilled, you deny all of the above.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:40:51 PM
At 8/30/2015 2:26:31 AM, annanicole wrote:

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

1. The time for the appearance of the kingdom was fulfilled back in AD 30 (Mark 1: 14-15)

Yet since you want to speculate about prophesies that have already been fulfilled, you deny all of the above.

Its a promise, you will see.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:43:58 PM
At 8/31/2015 7:40:51 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

Its a promise, you will see.

Of course it was. That's why it was fulfilled.
lostandfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:46:04 PM

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

Its a promise, you will see. : :

She doesn't understand the difference between the flesh and the spirit. All flesh will perish before the Kingdom of God is revealed to ALL God's people in Paradise.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:49:34 PM
At 8/31/2015 7:46:04 PM, lostandfound wrote:

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

She doesn't understand the difference between the flesh and the spirit. All flesh will perish before the Kingdom of God is revealed to ALL God's people in Paradise.

Jesus taught--Matt 5:5( to the great multitude)-- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth
The psalmist taught the same--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- The righteous themselves will possess the earth and reside forever upon it--not heaven.--only 144,000 literally numbered= the little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed-the bride of Christ-- are bought from the earth-Rev 14:3
lostandfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:51:45 PM
At 8/31/2015 7:49:34 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

Jesus taught--Matt 5:5( to the great multitude)-- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth
The psalmist taught the same--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- The righteous themselves will possess the earth and reside forever upon it--not heaven.--only 144,000 literally numbered= the little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed-the bride of Christ-- are bought from the earth-Rev 14:3 : :

The "meek" are the created beings within the thoughts of God. The inhabitants of this earth are the enemies of the meek.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 9:15:02 PM
At 8/31/2015 7:51:45 PM, lostandfound wrote:

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

The psalmist taught the same--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- The righteous themselves will possess the earth and reside forever upon it--not heaven.--only 144,000 literally numbered= the little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed-the bride of Christ-- are bought from the earth-Rev 14:3 : :

The "meek" are the created beings within the thoughts of God. The inhabitants of this earth are the enemies of the meek.

meek = teachable
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 9:17:10 PM
At 8/31/2015 9:15:02 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 8/31/2015 7:51:45 PM, lostandfound wrote:

Here's your position:

The kingdom was:

meek = teachable

... and that's not what "meek" means in the passage. You have it confused with "poor in spirit".
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 9:24:42 PM

I understand the difference between a lie and the truth, though. And you lie most of the time, Brad.