Jump to topic:

Is our heart misleading us?

kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:28:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Gods word teaches---- The heart is treacherous and desperate, who can know it.
A simple test will answer us.

At Matt 6:33--- Jesus taught-- Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added>( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

Jesus said do these two things--FIRST--- that means daily
So is our heart telling our mind to seek daily whatever I can do to promote Gods kingdom and to seek Jehovah' righteousness?????-- I know that not a single trinity based religion teaches that ultra important teaching so that everyones heart tells their mind to accomplish those two things daily--FIRST. Nor will they teach thuis ultra important daily thing either--John 4:22-24--Father = Jehovah

These are very important teachings from Jesus, it is a guarantee a true follower' heart does these things daily--- Why do you think it is that every trinity based religion on earth fails to teach these ultra important truths from Jesus?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:45:49 PM
No our hearts are in the right place.
It was Jesus that misled his believers about love.

Love is physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
1. Jesus did not love physically. He was physically detached. The only love he had was for one of his beloved disciples (John).

2. Jesus did not love emotionally.
He wanted families to break up and follow him.

3. Jesus did not love mentally. He only had love for his beloved disciple. No one fully understood. He did not relate well.

4. Jesus did not love spiritually . He only had love for himself. He said he loved God. But he was God so he only love himself.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:51:15 PM
At 8/25/2015 11:45:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:

1. Jesus did not love physically. He was physically detached. The only love he had was for one of his beloved disciples (John).

3. Jesus did not love mentally. He only had love for his beloved disciple. No one fully understood. He did not relate well.

4. Jesus did not love spiritually . He only had love for himself. He said he loved God. But he was God so he only love himself.

1) I would say--any mortal that was just humiliated and beaten, then had spikes driven through his flesh and could say--forgive them Father, they know not what they do--is the greatest example of having love for all ever proven.

2) no Jesus did not want families to break up, he is the exact image of God--he desires all to repent. its their own bad choice not to.

3) #1 proves you wrong again.

4)No Jesus was not God--he was Gods son.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:08:27 AM
At 8/25/2015 11:28:16 PM, kjw47 wrote:

At Matt 6:33--- Jesus taught-- Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added>( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

So is our heart telling our mind to seek daily whatever I can do to promote Gods kingdom and to seek Jehovah' righteousness?????-- I know that not a single trinity based religion teaches that ultra important teaching so that everyones heart tells their mind to accomplish those two things daily--FIRST. Nor will they teach thuis ultra important daily thing either--John 4:22-24--Father = Jehovah

These are very important teachings from Jesus, it is a guarantee a true follower' heart does these things daily--- Why do you think it is that every trinity based religion on earth fails to teach these ultra important truths from Jesus?

The heart is an organ pumping blood around the body. It doesn't tell the brain anything. It isn't treacherous or desperate. All thinking occurs in the brain.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:17:26 AM
At 8/26/2015 12:08:27 AM, dee-em wrote:

The heart is an organ pumping blood around the body. It doesn't tell the brain anything. It isn't treacherous or desperate. All thinking occurs in the brain.

You know exactly what I am talking about--it is referred to as heart and you know it--you just have no answer. Do you despise truth?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 12:21:28 AM
At 8/26/2015 12:17:26 AM, kjw47 wrote:

You know exactly what I am talking about--it is referred to as heart and you know it--you just have no answer. Do you despise truth?

Ah, you were being poetic. I see.

No, I don't despise truth. Have you got some? Or is it all just hearsay mumbo-jumbo?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:47:14 AM
At 8/25/2015 11:51:15 PM, kjw47 wrote:

1) I would say--any mortal that was just humiliated and beaten, then had spikes driven through his flesh and could say--forgive them Father, they know not what they do--is the greatest example of having love for all ever proven.

2) no Jesus did not want families to break up, he is the exact image of God--he desires all to repent. its their own bad choice not to.

The love that God had for Jesus and Jesus had for God was tested. And the outcome was betrayal. Jesus accused God for forsaking him.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Jesus was mocked, beaten and crucified. God stood unmoved seeing His son so humiliated and tortured. These were the same people Jesus was sent as their messiah to save. If the fulfillment of the prophesies was important.,then God had already condemned the Jews and let Jesus be killed to fulfill the prophesies because these prophesies were given by God to his prophets hundreds of years before the event. What choice did the Jews have, their destiny was sealed?
If the Jews repented and turned to God, then God would look like a liar because the prophets He sent would be proven wrong.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 7:57:49 PM
At 8/26/2015 2:47:14 AM, Harikrish wrote:

The love that God had for Jesus and Jesus had for God was tested. And the outcome was betrayal. Jesus accused God for forsaking him.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Jesus was mocked, beaten and crucified. God stood unmoved seeing His son so humiliated and tortured. These were the same people Jesus was sent as their messiah to save. If the fulfillment of the prophesies was important.,then God had already condemned the Jews and let Jesus be killed to fulfill the prophesies because these prophesies were given by God to his prophets hundreds of years before the event. What choice did the Jews have, their destiny was sealed?
If the Jews repented and turned to God, then God would look like a liar because the prophets He sent would be proven wrong.

There is no betrayal in that statement.
God knows the hearts of men, that is how he knew what the Jewish leaders would do--they fell away over and over in the ot. Satans #1 job--attack Gods seed relentlessly--he is very powerful--he got 1/3 of the angels to betray God--Jesus said --satan is the ruler of this world.
The jewish leaders lacked love--they lived by Law--they never broke Law until they had Jesus arrested and tried him the 1st night( Israelite law was--7 days to build a defense--they denied this to Jesus out of hatred for him.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:47:48 PM
At 8/26/2015 12:21:28 AM, dee-em wrote:

No, I don't despise truth. Have you got some? Or is it all just hearsay mumbo-jumbo?

Its all in Gods written word.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 11:36:07 PM
At 8/28/2015 8:47:48 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 8/26/2015 12:21:28 AM, dee-em wrote:

Its all in Gods written word.

That's not even hearsay, that's fiction.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 5:50:45 PM
It is EA$Y enough to SEE IF a person CHOOSES to SEE the 100% HONEST Truth that is ALL around us and within us.

Most follow their IMAGINATIONS and worship fantasy and fiction aka deceptions and LIES called good as their GOD/scientific theories and other made up make believe and pretend realities tat are very popular with most all.

God is simply LIFE it's self that can be seen and experienced.

Jesus is simply a character that represents the 100% HONEST "TRUTH" that can be seen and KNOWN, IF a person CHOOSES that option.

MOST do NOT choose to follow and LIVE in and with the TRUTH as they prefer BEING OF THE WORLD and trying to FIT IN so that they are not REJECTED, hated and DENIED by popular societies at large.

THE SIMPLE of it is...

MOST are WAITING for OTHERS to GROW UP first.

It is easy to see that most fight, argue and RU$H in unwise haste trying to be the FIRST in LINE and get a special ear tag or such, aka the mark of the BEA$T so that you can "be of the earthly world", as without the mark you will be LIMITED in what you can do and will have to LEARN to survive in a world of HELL that you can't ESCAPE with SUPERSTITION, but most try anyway.

Heaven/Paradise and Hell are not places or such.

they are simply states of mind and conviction.

I find the divination of the word "conviction", interesting.

which applies to YOU BE$T?

some will put forth:"WHY can't you SHOW us this Truth you speak of?"

the answer is very simple for those with the wisdom to grasp.

I have to use the popular earthly worldly words, vague definitions and varied meanings to explain a CONCEPT that is ALIEN and unpopular as it is viewed as BAD & EVIL by popular societies as it gets in the WAY of peoples CHOICE to chaise their beloved fantasy and fiction aka deceptions and lies called good.

IF a person is personally TIRED and distressed of the world at large and the heat and flames of HELL.

all they need do is CHOOSE to GROW UP and be responsible for their own personal thoughts and actions.

If you are waiting for others to ACT first or some invisible God or made up scientific theories to solve your problems and the problems around you...

GET IN LINE with the rest of the many.

the PATHWAY is W I D E and there are many lines to CHOOSE from.

I myself personally choose NONE of those lines/paths as I find them a bit like rush hour traffic.

I prefer the SLOW LANE that most want to help PAVE OVER and cover up.

I AM the Way, the 100% HONEST Truth and the LIVING LIFE.

where I AM, there YOU may be also.

YOU just have to be REBORN and put away childish things and ways.

WHAT do I get out of this?

Heaven in and on the mind as I UNDERSTAND

WHY this world is the way that it is

and WHY the many of the people ACT the way that they do.

I understand the religious just as well as I understand the so called scientific communities and other such groups, teams, concepts......

The view from my pathway is a very interesting view as it has little room for confusion, anger and doubt.

I prefer doing my own personal THINKING as I get better results that I can LIVE with very comfortably.

are you comfortable?

or are you waiting on that for later at some FUTURE place and TIME?

if you choose to respond to this post...

read it first or read it again so that you don't stick your foot in your mouth as it's hard for others to understand you unless they also talk with their foot in their mouths and have learned the mumbles and chants well enough to have a guess at it.

something like that in a nutshell
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 11:30:08 PM

It is all in how you interpret things. I think i am a "god" per se (i think everyone is). So, to me this means be self confident. Seek what you believe to be heaven and live for it. Seek "Jehovah" means seek your true best self ... Spiritual people just had an imaginative way in describe things years ago. People are now taking it literally ... look at the world. A true seeker can see everyone is on the wrong path spiritually.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:40:04 AM
At 8/29/2015 11:30:08 PM, Outplayz wrote:

It is all in how you interpret things. I think i am a "god" per se (i think everyone is). So, to me this means be self confident. Seek what you believe to be heaven and live for it. Seek "Jehovah" means seek your true best self ... Spiritual people just had an imaginative way in describe things years ago. People are now taking it literally ... look at the world. A true seeker can see everyone is on the wrong path spiritually.

YHVH(Jehovah) the true living God-- In the Lords prayer Jesus said--let your name be sanctified( or hallowed be thy name)--Jesus pointed all his followers to his God and Father-Jehovah, and they listen and accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24.
When Jesus said--FIRST at Matt 6:33--he meant it--over money--self--pleasure whatever stands in ones way of seeking Gods kingdom and Jehovahs righteousness.
One must disown themselves to be a follower of Jesus( Matt 16:24) by doing Matt 6:33--24/7-365
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:42:43 AM
At 8/29/2015 5:50:45 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
It is EA$Y enough to SEE IF a person CHOOSES to SEE the 100% HONEST Truth that is ALL around us and within us.

Most follow their IMAGINATIONS and worship fantasy and fiction aka deceptions and LIES called good as their GOD/scientific theories and other made up make believe and pretend realities tat are very popular with most all.

Jesus is simply a character that represents the 100% HONEST "TRUTH" that can be seen and KNOWN, IF a person CHOOSES that option.

MOST do NOT choose to follow and LIVE in and with the TRUTH as they prefer BEING OF THE WORLD and trying to FIT IN so that they are not REJECTED, hated and DENIED by popular societies at large.

THE SIMPLE of it is...

It is easy to see that most fight, argue and RU$H in unwise haste trying to be the FIRST in LINE and get a special ear tag or such, aka the mark of the BEA$T so that you can "be of the earthly world", as without the mark you will be LIMITED in what you can do and will have to LEARN to survive in a world of HELL that you can't ESCAPE with SUPERSTITION, but most try anyway.

I have to use the popular earthly worldly words, vague definitions and varied meanings to explain a CONCEPT that is ALIEN and unpopular as it is viewed as BAD & EVIL by popular societies as it gets in the WAY of peoples CHOICE to chaise their beloved fantasy and fiction aka deceptions and lies called good.

IF a person is personally TIRED and distressed of the world at large and the heat and flames of HELL.

all they need do is CHOOSE to GROW UP and be responsible for their own personal thoughts and actions.

If you are waiting for others to ACT first or some invisible God or made up scientific theories to solve your problems and the problems around you...

I myself personally choose NONE of those lines/paths as I find them a bit like rush hour traffic.

I understand the religious just as well as I understand the so called scientific communities and other such groups, teams, concepts......

The view from my pathway is a very interesting view as it has little room for confusion, anger and doubt.

I prefer doing my own personal THINKING as I get better results that I can LIVE with very comfortably.

are you comfortable?

read it first or read it again so that you don't stick your foot in your mouth as it's hard for others to understand you unless they also talk with their foot in their mouths and have learned the mumbles and chants well enough to have a guess at it.

God is YHVH(Jehovah) the true living almighty God--the creator of everything good.
There is no guess about it. Its 100% fact. Its what Jesus taught and his real teachers--as well fact of ot history.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:53:12 AM
At 8/30/2015 12:42:43 AM, kjw47 wrote:
At 8/29/2015 5:50:45 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

THE SIMPLE of it is...

are you comfortable?

God is YHVH(Jehovah) the true living almighty God--the creator of everything good.
There is no guess about it. Its 100% fact. Its what Jesus taught and his real teachers--as well fact of ot history.

EE: Can you explain why your invisible Santa God is something that a mature and grown adult would choose to be deceived by?

If you are a grown mature adult that has left the childish ways behind you, you can give a grown mature adult answer.

if you believe in childish ways it might be wise if you just did a better job of ignoring me and not responding.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 1:50:05 AM

Of course it is. But in this context "the heart" refers to our natural instincts, drives and desires. Or maybe the still small voice within. Gut instinct. And when oyj are in God's Grace it is HIM that is Heart. Without God "heart" may or may not be aligned with his Will and Jesus' teachings. Same deal with the brain. More accurately, the mind, The mind is to the brain what the Soul is to the Heart.

As in Love God with all your heart. Clearly JC here was not speaking of loving with the blood circulating organ. (It IS circulate, BTW, not just pump as you wrongly said. It has intake out outtake ventricles. It's more than just a pump, as it has filtering, monitoring, and inductive capacities as well. Physiology, bro: your on my turf now.
Hope this helps.

God Bless.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:36:18 AM
At 8/30/2015 1:50:05 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Of course it is. But in this context "the heart" refers to our natural instincts, drives and desires. Or maybe the still small voice within. Gut instinct. And when oyj are in God's Grace it is HIM that is Heart. Without God "heart" may or may not be aligned with his Will and Jesus' teachings. Same deal with the brain. More accurately, the mind, The mind is to the brain what the Soul is to the Heart.

As in Love God with all your heart. Clearly JC here was not speaking of loving with the blood circulating organ.

(It IS circulate, BTW, not just pump as you wrongly said.

A pump can circulate liquid.

It has intake out outtake ventricles.

As does a pump.

It's more than just a pump, as it has filtering,

That would be the kidneys and liver.

monitoring,

As can a pump.

and inductive capacities as well.

Pray tell. Lol.

Physiology, bro: your on my turf now.

Yeah, that is so apparent.

Hope this helps.

To misinform? Yes.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 8:02:10 AM
At 8/30/2015 12:40:04 AM, kjw47 wrote:

YHVH(Jehovah) the true living God-- In the Lords prayer Jesus said--let your name be sanctified( or hallowed be thy name)--Jesus pointed all his followers to his God and Father-Jehovah, and they listen and accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24.
When Jesus said--FIRST at Matt 6:33--he meant it--over money--self--pleasure whatever stands in ones way of seeking Gods kingdom and Jehovahs righteousness.
One must disown themselves to be a follower of Jesus( Matt 16:24) by doing Matt 6:33--24/7-365

This is all the same as love yourself and work to get to your kingdom of heaven. I think the Bible is talking about you, as in, you are the god he is talking about. Strengthen yourself and live for heaven and you will get your deserved kingdom. To seek righteousness you must be a righteous person. Everyone is a type of god, but not in this reality.

Jesus mentioned Psalm 82:6:

I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High. 7"Nevertheless you will die like men And fall like any one of the princes."
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:46:06 PM
At 8/30/2015 8:02:10 AM, Outplayz wrote:

This is all the same as love yourself and work to get to your kingdom of heaven. I think the Bible is talking about you, as in, you are the god he is talking about. Strengthen yourself and live for heaven and you will get your deserved kingdom. To seek righteousness you must be a righteous person. Everyone is a type of god, but not in this reality.

I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High. 7"Nevertheless you will die like men And fall like any one of the princes."

gods-small g--is not calling them a almighty God.
Yes only the righteous will enter Gods kingdom, not to heaven( only the little flock( Luke 12:32= the anointed=144,000 are promised heaven-Rev 14:3)
Matt 5:5--Jesus promise to the great multitude--Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.
The psalmist knew that truth as well--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- the righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it.
lostandfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 7:53:49 PM
At 8/31/2015 7:46:06 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Yes only the righteous will enter Gods kingdom, not to heaven( only the little flock( Luke 12:32= the anointed=144,000 are promised heaven-Rev 14:3)
Matt 5:5--Jesus promise to the great multitude--Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.
The psalmist knew that truth as well--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- the righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it. ::

The righteous were born in the mind of God. The wicked is the flesh that the righteous ones were deceived by.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 9:16:51 PM
At 8/31/2015 7:53:49 PM, lostandfound wrote:

The psalmist knew that truth as well--Psalm 37:9,11,29-- the righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it. ::

The righteous were born in the mind of God. The wicked is the flesh that the righteous ones were deceived by.

Not according to the bible.
lostandfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 4:41:51 AM
At 8/31/2015 9:16:51 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Not according to the bible. : :

According to our Creator it is. No Christian can interpret the scriptures because they aren't true saints who testify to His Word.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 8:01:42 PM
At 9/1/2015 4:41:51 AM, lostandfound wrote:
At 8/31/2015 9:16:51 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Not according to the bible. : :

According to our Creator it is. No Christian can interpret the scriptures because they aren't true saints who testify to His Word.

Jesus' anointed teachers are here on earth during these last days--to accomplish this-Daniel 12:4--otherwise no one could accomplish this--John 4:22-24
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 8:11:46 PM

Jesus was always very condescending.

Jesus left his parting words.

And his mission failed because Jesus was too full of himself. Imagine wanting families to breakup and follow him.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Imagine Jesus wanted to be the main course at every dinner. He thought he had become the tree of life.

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 9:29:14 PM
At 9/1/2015 8:11:46 PM, Harikrish wrote:

And his mission failed because Jesus was too full of himself. Imagine wanting families to breakup and follow him.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Imagine Jesus wanted to be the main course at every dinner. He thought he had become the tree of life.

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Alls you see is words--you lack understanding of what is being said.

Jesus doesn't desire a single family to become enemies( spiritually)--they choose to have this occur-- FEW listen to Jesus--the rest are considered enemies in a spiritual way, not in a physical way.
One should love Jesus more--his sacrifice bought back a good standing with God for those who listen to him, no child or parent or spouse can do this for us. Many times a child, or parent or spouse has turned against the one who thought those loved them. Jesus would never do that.

Jesus was speaking symbolism about blood and flesh and you know it.

You are twisting everything from false reasoning from within.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 9:42:20 PM
At 9/1/2015 9:29:14 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Jesus doesn't desire a single family to become enemies( spiritually)--they choose to have this occur-- FEW listen to Jesus--the rest are considered enemies in a spiritual way, not in a physical way.
One should love Jesus more--his sacrifice bought back a good standing with God for those who listen to him, no child or parent or spouse can do this for us. Many times a child, or parent or spouse has turned against the one who thought those loved them. Jesus would never do that.

Jesus used the word "real" to qualify his statement.
John 6:: 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Jesus was killed for talking blasphemous nonsense.
Even the disciples could take his nonsense anymore and walked out on him.

John 6:60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, "This is a hard saying; who can understand it?"

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, "Does this offend you?

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 11:58:58 PM
At 9/1/2015 9:42:20 PM, Harikrish wrote:

John 6:60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, "This is a hard saying; who can understand it?"

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, "Does this offend you?

They probably think like you do--they lacked understanding. It was symbolism.

Jesus wasn't killed for talking blasphemous nonsense-- Pilate found no wrong in him-- it was the mass of people who lacked understanding that yelled louder for Barrabas to be released that got him killed.
The Pharisees taught many lies about Jesus, everything they said about him was lies. Including them saying that Jesus tried to make himself equal with God. But those who lack understanding believed them, to this day.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 1:36:52 PM
At 9/1/2015 11:58:58 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Jesus wasn't killed for talking blasphemous nonsense-- Pilate found no wrong in him-- it was the mass of people who lacked understanding that yelled louder for Barrabas to be released that got him killed.
The Pharisees taught many lies about Jesus, everything they said about him was lies. Including them saying that Jesus tried to make himself equal with God. But those who lack understanding believed them, to this day.

The people asked that Jesus be crucified because there were numerous occasions where they heard Jesus blaspheming. A few times they even threatened Jesus with stoning for blasphemy. Jesus had to quickly slip away. But this time he was before Pilate and under arrest. There was no escaping.
Jesus did not blaspheme in front of Pilate. But Jesus was tried by the people who heard him blaspheming after Pilate left the decision to the people.
Christians all overlook the fact there were several occasions where Jesus made deluded claims about his oneness with God.

Verses where Jesus was heard blaspheming.
Acts 6:11
Verse Concepts
Then they secretly induced men to say, "We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God."

Matthew 26:65
Verse Concepts
Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy;

John 10:31-32
The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"

Mark 2:6-7
Verse Concepts
But some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, "Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone?"

Luke 5:21
Verse Concepts
The scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this man who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?"

Matthew 26:65-66
Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy; what do you think?" They answered, "He deserves death!"

Mark 14:63-64
Verse Concepts
Tearing his clothes, the high priest said, "What further need do we have of witnesses? "You have heard the blasphemy; how does it seem to you?" And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

John 10:33-36
The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS'? "If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), read more.

Matthew 9:1-3
Getting into a boat, Jesus crossed over the sea and came to His own city. And they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven." And some of the scribes said to themselves, "This fellow blasphemes."
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 7:41:44 PM
At 9/2/2015 1:36:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:

The people asked that Jesus be crucified because there were numerous occasions where they heard Jesus blaspheming. A few times they even threatened Jesus with stoning for blasphemy. Jesus had to quickly slip away. But this time he was before Pilate and under arrest. There was no escaping.
Jesus did not blaspheme in front of Pilate. But Jesus was tried by the people who heard him blaspheming after Pilate left the decision to the people.
Christians all overlook the fact there were several occasions where Jesus made deluded claims about his oneness with God.

Verses where Jesus was heard blaspheming.
Acts 6:11
Verse Concepts
Then they secretly induced men to say, "We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God."

Matthew 26:65
Verse Concepts
Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy;

John 10:31-32
The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"

Mark 2:6-7
Verse Concepts
But some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, "Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone

Matthew 26:65-66
Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy; what do you think?" They answered, "He deserves death!"

Mark 14:63-64
Verse Concepts
Tearing his clothes, the high priest said, "What further need do we have of witnesses? "You have heard the blasphemy; how does it seem to you?" And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.

John 10:33-36
The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS'? "If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), read more.

Matthew 9:1-3
Getting into a boat, Jesus crossed over the sea and came to His own city. And they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven." And some of the scribes said to themselves, "This fellow blasphemes."

The people who listened to the lies of the Pharisees. Since you believe the Pharisees who said Jesus was making himself equal with God, then you must believe them as well when they said, his power came from satan. they were liars all the way about Jesus, they hated him. They placed themselves on pedastels, calling the flock-Amharets( giving table scraps to the dogs( these were spiritual table scraps)--they were expecting a mighty king to come and destyroy the romans, a lowly carpenters son corrected them on many bad teachings, they hated his guts and made up lies about him--no truth came from them concerning Jesus.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 4:04:38 AM
At 9/2/2015 7:41:44 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 9/2/2015 1:36:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:

The people who listened to the lies of the Pharisees. Since you believe the Pharisees who said Jesus was making himself equal with God, then you must believe them as well when they said, his power came from satan. they were liars all the way about Jesus, they hated him. They placed themselves on pedastels, calling the flock-Amharets( giving table scraps to the dogs( these were spiritual table scraps)--they were expecting a mighty king to come and destyroy the romans, a lowly carpenters son corrected them on many bad teachings, they hated his guts and made up lies about him--no truth came from them concerning Jesus.

Yes, it did. Even Nicodemus, a ruler among the people, spoke the truth about Jesus. Certainly they made tons of errors, but it is incorrect to say, "No truth came from them concerning Jesus."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."