Total Posts:121|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are Christians Rational?

Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).
:) nac
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:49:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).

To answer the title: Yes, Christians can be rational. However, belief in the Christian god is not rational.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:56:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:49:56 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).

To answer the title: Yes, Christians can be rational. However, belief in the Christian god is not rational.

But from experience, I know that believing in the One True Religion (TM) as if one is drinj=king the Kool Aid is completely irrational.
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:58:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:49:56 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).

To answer the title: Yes, Christians can be rational. However, belief in the Christian god is not rational.

Wait a minute, are you Skeptical One or Skeptic Alone?
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:02:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:00:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Troll thread.

In order to prove that this thread is a troll thread, you must provide positive evidence for that being the case. In other words, you have the burden of proof for proving this thread to be a troll.
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:48:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Early Biblical manuscripts were extremely inaccurate, showing that the Bible has been mistranslated!

"A comparison of all three, which had their origins in Egypt, shows that there was no uniform text of the Gospels in Egypt in the third century." (Filson 1962: 52).

Christianity began as a minor cult, and there is no evidence for it being true!

If a Christian who has heard about how false his religion is still holds on to it, then is he rational? No. True Christianity (TM) is incompatible with reason and science.
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:55:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Catholic Church has abused children for ages, but Christians turn a blind eye on it because according to them, they aren't Real Christians (TM). Yeah, and not putting sugar on your porridge means that you're not a true Scotsman.

Christians have claimed that the beliefs of the RCC are unbiblical. Since when was theological disagreement an appropriate reason to justify criminal behaviour while at the same time making oneself look superior to False Christians (TM)?

Catholics are Christians. No amount of no true Scotsman arguments or claiming that only people who agree with oneself are True Christians (TM) will change that. Hitler was a Christian also, since he was a Catholic altar boy and referenced Christianity in his speeches.
:) nac
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:57:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:02:48 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:00:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Troll thread.

In order to prove that this thread is a troll thread, you must provide positive evidence for that being the case. In other words, you have the burden of proof for proving this thread to be a troll.

Speaking of "burden of proof", you have quite a such a burden yourself.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 5:05:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 4:57:47 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:02:48 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:00:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Troll thread.

In order to prove that this thread is a troll thread, you must provide positive evidence for that being the case. In other words, you have the burden of proof for proving this thread to be a troll.

Speaking of "burden of proof", you have quite a such a burden yourself.

Why not actually attempt to refute my arguments instead of labelling me as a troll?
:) nac
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 5:25:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 5:05:26 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 4:57:47 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:02:48 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:00:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Troll thread.

In order to prove that this thread is a troll thread, you must provide positive evidence for that being the case. In other words, you have the burden of proof for proving this thread to be a troll.

Speaking of "burden of proof", you have quite a such a burden yourself.

Why not actually attempt to refute my arguments instead of labelling me as a troll?

I didn't label you as a troll, although "that's my sentiments." Your entire OP is simply one unproven assumption after another without even an attempt at proving any of them.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 5:43:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 5:05:26 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 4:57:47 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:02:48 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:00:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Troll thread.

In order to prove that this thread is a troll thread, you must provide positive evidence for that being the case. In other words, you have the burden of proof for proving this thread to be a troll.

Speaking of "burden of proof", you have quite a such a burden yourself.

Why not actually attempt to refute my arguments instead of labelling me as a troll?

... and you didn't make any arguments, really. I'd like to see some peer-reviewed sources with PhD's concerning your little Horus-Jesus comparison, i. e. some highly reputable scholars who teach Ancient Egyptology that have put their reputations on the line by making such statements. Chances are high that you'll never produce a one.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 5:57:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 1:02:48 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 1:00:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Troll thread.
In order to prove that this thread is a troll thread, you must provide positive evidence for that being the case. In other words, you have the burden of proof for proving this thread to be a troll.

1) Evidence includes weak argument in hyperbolic language by a member known for posting troll threads, with little or no history of posting serious discussion to this forum, who has posted anti-Christien sentiment in multiple threads while identifying himself as Christian anyway, followed by baiting members as one would do to get them to spend more effort on reply than he has on the post, in true troll fashion.

2) The above is posted for the interest of other members, Leugen. I do not recognise you as posting in good faith, and as I've indicated previously, we have nothing substantive to discuss until you do.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 8:18:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are NO genuine jebus/christians outside of bible Story book land, just those that ' claim to be! '.

The bible itself proves that!

Wanna take the test?

Step up, Name your Story book bible version and off we go!

Next!
PureX
Posts: 1,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:34:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why are you trying to rationalize with irrational people? How did you imagine that could work out?
Alpha3141
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:54:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).

So why are Christians irrational?
You say that the Bible is false and mistranslated, but you didn't give any proof for this claim.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 5:32:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 4:54:27 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).

So why are Christians irrational?
You say that the Bible is false and mistranslated, but you didn't give any proof for this claim.

Be aware, the OP is a Christian according to his profile.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 9:20:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
...and that pi is 3....

Sorry, you lose, when you put that kind of lies in here. Bible don"t even use word pi, so you are terribly wrong and inaccurate. Why should anyone listen to your critics, when you fail so badly and are quilt to things that you accuse other?
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 4:41:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 5:34:04 PM, graceofgod wrote:
http://www.kingdavid8.com...

better answers for the hours connection than I have...

yes Christians are rational...

Christians are irrational, since they think that atheists are somehow bad people since they don't drink the Kool Aid or belong to the One True Faith (TM). Why don't they have a problem with a-unicorn-ists, a-toothfairy-ists, or a-Easter-bunny-ists?
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 4:43:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 5:34:04 PM, graceofgod wrote:
http://www.kingdavid8.com...

better answers for the hours connection than I have...

yes Christians are rational.

Linking to a Christian website just reduces your apparent reliability, since Christian websites have long been known as unreliable propaganda by Teh Evil Baby Eating Athests (TM). TEBEA consists of rational people, while believing in something without proof is irrational.
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:54:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 4:54:27 PM, Alpha3141 wrote:
So why are Christians irrational?
You say that the Bible is false and mistranslated, but you didn't give any proof for this claim.

"Comparison of the two versions of John in the Bodmer Papyri with the third-century Chester Beatty Papyri convinced Floyd V. Filson that '...there was no uniform text of the Gospels in Egypt in the third century.'" --Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

"A comparison of all three, which had their origins in Egypt, shows that there was no uniform text of the Gospels in Egypt in the third century." (Filson 1962: 52).

Does this look supportive of the Bible to you?
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 9:02:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 5:32:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Be aware, the OP is a Christian according to his profile.

So you say that you're a Christian, right? Then why don't you stone people to death for being homosexual? The Bible tells you to do that, right? See Evilbible for proof, if you doubt that claim.

Christians read the Bible wearing not just coloured, but completely opaque glasses. They listen to other Christians' apologetics so that they would stay with the One True Faith (TM) regardless of any evidence that's supposed to convince them into becoming rational adults.

Christians drink the Kool Aid, just like those in Jonestown. The only difference is that instead of killing them, the Kool Aid boosts their cognitive dissonance and makes them think that Creationism is true.
:) nac
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 2:23:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 9:02:04 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 5:32:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Be aware, the OP is a Christian according to his profile.

So you say that you're a Christian, right? Then why don't you stone people to death for being homosexual? The Bible tells you to do that, right? See Evilbible for proof, if you doubt that claim.

Christians read the Bible wearing not just coloured, but completely opaque glasses. They listen to other Christians' apologetics so that they would stay with the One True Faith (TM) regardless of any evidence that's supposed to convince them into becoming rational adults.

Christians drink the Kool Aid, just like those in Jonestown. The only difference is that instead of killing them, the Kool Aid boosts their cognitive dissonance and makes them think that Creationism is true.

FYI, you are the OP (original poster) and your profile states you are a "Christian - Protestant". Either you should remove that before you pretend to be an atheist, or change it to reflect your true position.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 10:50:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 2:23:35 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/28/2015 9:02:04 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 5:32:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Be aware, the OP is a Christian according to his profile.

So you say that you're a Christian, right? Then why don't you stone people to death for being homosexual? The Bible tells you to do that, right? See Evilbible for proof, if you doubt that claim.

Christians read the Bible wearing not just coloured, but completely opaque glasses. They listen to other Christians' apologetics so that they would stay with the One True Faith (TM) regardless of any evidence that's supposed to convince them into becoming rational adults.

Christians drink the Kool Aid, just like those in Jonestown. The only difference is that instead of killing them, the Kool Aid boosts their cognitive dissonance and makes them think that Creationism is true.

FYI, you are the OP (original poster) and your profile states you are a "Christian - Protestant". Either you should remove that before you pretend to be an atheist, or change it to reflect your true position.

Do you think that killing Egyptian babies is right. Most Christians ignore actual stuff found in the Bible so that they can stay as True Christians (TM).
:) nac
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:59:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2015 2:23:35 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/28/2015 9:02:04 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 8/27/2015 5:32:24 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
Be aware, the OP is a Christian according to his profile.

So you say that you're a Christian, right? Then why don't you stone people to death for being homosexual? The Bible tells you to do that, right? See Evilbible for proof, if you doubt that claim.

Christians read the Bible wearing not just coloured, but completely opaque glasses. They listen to other Christians' apologetics so that they would stay with the One True Faith (TM) regardless of any evidence that's supposed to convince them into becoming rational adults.

Christians drink the Kool Aid, just like those in Jonestown. The only difference is that instead of killing them, the Kool Aid boosts their cognitive dissonance and makes them think that Creationism is true.

FYI, you are the OP (original poster) and your profile states you are a "Christian - Protestant". Either you should remove that before you pretend to be an atheist, or change it to reflect your true position.

There are thousands of religions worshipping all kinds of deities. How do you know that Christianity is right? The Christian's cognitive dissonance is shocking.
:) nac
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 2:23:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 4:34:18 PM, PureX wrote:
Why are you trying to rationalize with irrational people? How did you imagine that could work out?

Christians make up over one 7th of the population, I'm quite sure it is more irrational to make that form of over-generalization.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:11:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/29/2015 2:23:45 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 8/27/2015 4:34:18 PM, PureX wrote:
Why are you trying to rationalize with irrational people? How did you imagine that could work out?

Christians make up over one 7th of the population, I'm quite sure it is more irrational to make that form of over-generalization.

But believing that pi is 3 or that one should stone adulterers to death is rational?

No, it isn't rational to believe in Christianity, since it has as much evidence as Santa Claus.

But people still believe in it because others indoctrinate or even force them into believing that it is the One True Faith (TM).
:) nac
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:08:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Dear Christians: this is not supposed to be offensive in any way, shape, or form. I is just trying to convince you into being skeptical about your One True Religion (TM).

Christians on debate sites have long claimed that they are just rational people who want to debate about stuff. However, evidence suggests that Christians are less than rational.

First of all, they hold on to a mistranslated book from eons ago as the truth, and state that anyone who sees that the book is completely mistranslated, and, even in its original form, inaccurate, (i.e. anyone with a rational mind), is not a True Christian (TM).

Christians still believe in the Bible, even though it tells people to stone homosexuals to death and is full of inaccuracies, such as stating that insects have four legs and that pi is 3. (see evilbible.com) Any Christian with a sane mind should immediately deconvert after seeing the aformentioned verses (on their own, without surrounding context, they are the most powerful since they don't get drowned out). However, most Christians who have read this post will not deconvert, presumably because they do not want to be labeled a Liar (TM) by True Christians (TM) for not believing in the One True Faith (TM). Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Christians frequently judge (in violation of their own values) pagans for not belonging to the One True Faith (TM)! However, under closer inspection, their One True Faith (TM) would appear more pagan than you think! The Myths of Horus and Mithra are prime examples.

Horus was born of a virgin, called Isis Mary on December 25.
Three kings visited Horus, led by a new star in the East.
He became a great teacher at the young, young age of 12.
He got baptized at the age of 30, and began a ministry.
Horus gathered 12 deciples, one of whom betrayed him.
Horus was cruicified and rescurrected.

Irrational Christians, seeking to remain within the One True Faith(TM) would use argumentums ex culo (see RationalWiki) to make Apologetics (TM) that would comfort them into staying with their Indoctrination and Lies (TM). One example of such an apologetic is here: (http://www.gotquestions.org...)

But why are Christians doing such things? It may be because of IQ Scores (TM). Studies have shown Christians to be less intelligent than Atheists (http://www.iq-brain.com...), and the most happy countries are the most secular ones.

And before I end this post, I'll finish off with one final quote:

"Clearly, YEers are not rational....Any attempt to reason with them, however, is fruitless. One can point out their errors from now until doomsday, but to no avail. " -- The skepdic (http://skepdic.com......)

And remember, be Skeptical. (TM).

Are Christians rational? Ill let you know when I've talked to all of them.
Btw, Christians have a lower iq than atheists is moronic bullshite. The number of Christians with higher iqs than atheists is a larger percent than the number of Christians with lower. Iqs than atheists, percent wise. Someone who gets a 125 IQ score is less likely to be an atheist than a Christian, given that there are so many more Christians in the US. On the 2006-2012 GSS, for example, a 125 IQ (assuming a mean of 100 and a std. dev. of 15) would correspond to getting 9 questions correct out of 10 on an IQ-derived vocabulary test.

In the GSS, those with 9 questions correct are about 68% Christians (over 2-to-1 odds in favor of being Christian) and 24% atheists (over 3-to-1 odds against those with no religion). Thus in the IQ-derived GSS vocabulary tests, the odds that a person with a score equivalent to a 125 IQ is a Christian is about 6.5 times higher than the odds that the person is an atheist.
https://www.washingtonpost.com...
Sarra
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 12:41:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/27/2015 12:22:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Remember that Hitler was also a True Christian (TM).

Bringing up Hitler in any argument, except one specifically about Hitler and/or the holocaust, makes you lose credibility with anything you are trying to say. No rational conversation has anything to do with Hitler, ever.